Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jack Look #52

Like the determined look from "Upgrades" this one has that fury that hints at Jack's sordid past. I imagine that had the entity not been in Sam's body he would have ripped its throat (if it had one) with his bare hands. As much as they pretend they left it in the room, as we see in this, and in the next few, it is very much not in the room. Jenn's pointed this out and I agree - the entity knew that Sam was important to Jack. Too important.
    Last edited by Nynaeve506; 28 July 2010, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Jack Look #53

I see fear and a hardening in his eyes. His worst nightmare is coming to life before him...

And he makes the choice. You see it in his eyes, the hesitation and the resignation...
      Last edited by Nynaeve506; 28 July 2010, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Jack Look #54

Another favorite. His brown eyes are overflowing with fear as he looks at Sam's limp body. I can only imagine the unconscious terror - he lived through horror with Charlie - dead by his own weapon and now he looks at Sam, dead by his own hand. Doubt haunts him - he barely survived his son's death, is there any way he could survive hers?

Last edited by Nynaeve506; 28 July 2010, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Jack Look #55

Now we jump to season 5 - I went through this sequence and picked this final shot of Jack trying to look into her house to see this date. He's played it cool, but there's something in his expression. Jealousy perhaps? Doubt as to Sam's affections?
          Last edited by Nynaeve506; 28 July 2010, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
            I read a lot of fanfic where Jack blames Sam for wanting to "keep it in the room" - but as I study his expression throughout this scene I get a distinct feeling that Jack wants it there as well.
            I completely agree with this idea. I always felt that Jack was totally relieved to hear Sam's suggestion. He's not a person who likes talking about stuff, especially something like this. I never got the impression (as many fanfics and fans suggest) that Sam shut him down and slammed a door in his face (figuratively). I've also thought that Sam suggested leaving it in the room in order to protect both of them.

Plus, there was no time for any kind of discussion, since practically the minute she suggested it and he said "we're ok with that", people started coming into the room, and there's no way anything could be discussed in front of more witnesses (Anise having been in the room, and Janet having heard what was said). Plus, the whole situation with Martouf pretty much derailed any further talk on the subject.

Comment

Merry Christmas Ship Family! *hugs thread*
              Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Merry Christmas!!!

A wee bit o' Shippy Christmas prezzie silliness, brought to you courtesy of my parents...

So Mom got Dad his *Fishing* license for Christmas. So when Dad asked Mom if she wanted to go *Fishing* with him, naturally this Gutter-minded Shipper burst into gigles. Slightly perplexed, my dad asked what was so funny. I simply explained that *Fishing* has a whole different meaning in my world.

To which Dad replied, "Oh. Well, we're old fashioned. When I go *Fishing* I use my rod."

Naturally, I became a puddle of giggles at this point. I managed to ask if he baited it.

He answered, "At that, I am a master."

And I thought, after eight years, I bet Jack was too.

So...now you know. I come by it honest. The old fashioned way, even!
                Love and hot fudge,
                Bren Ren
                ~
                My stories!
                ~

sigpic

Comment

Merry Christmas!!! Now that all presents have been opened... I continue my impromptu gift to you all - Jack Looks (Jenn - loving the responses - Bren - loving the guttery readings LOL)

Jack Look #42

Sorry, but the Sci Fi geek in me has to point it out.

*This* look is *the* Answer!

To Life! (Itself?)

The Universe! (And the Multiverse!)

And Everything! (Except the eternal mystery of where that other darned sock went...)

Sorry, apparently I'm also channeling Rocky Horror again. Though technically speaking, that, too, is sci fi.

I'm blaming this one on a lack of sleep. Even though they aren't here, and even though it wasn't technically the crack of dawn, it still felt like it when the kidlings called earlier after I'd accidentally stayed up so blasted late last night...
                  Love and hot fudge,
                  Bren Ren
                  ~
                  My stories!
                  ~

sigpic

Comment

I just wonder how long Jack was sitting there staring at her with that slightly smug, slightly besotted expression before curiosity got the better of her and she called him on it.

And how many loops there were beneath the tip of that yummy iceberg.

And how many of those loops he dragged her into a storage closet.

Oh, wait, that last one's probably only in fics, huh... <sigh>
                    Love and hot fudge,
                    Bren Ren
                    ~
                    My stories!
                    ~

sigpic

Comment

Without barriers, without rules and regulations, Jack is naked (go for it Bren, Jann). He let's his emotion for her play on his face. I have to wonder if on some level Jack enjoyed the life they lived there. He's a man who works with his hands and he had the company of a woman that meant the world to him. Here, his e
                      yes look *happy*.
                      WOOOHOOO!!!

Well, if you insist...

Cause you know, imagining *this* scruffy Jack naked is a far more pleasant prospect than contemplating the only other equally-scrumtiously-scruffy Jack we saw back in 2010. (back in 2010... ah the joys of time relativity... ) There's just sooooooo much joy in *this* Jack. <Happy Guttery Shippy Sigh!>

We wuvs her soooooooooooooooooooo much!!!!!
                      Love and hot fudge,
                      Bren Ren
                      ~
                      My stories!
                      ~

sigpic

Comment

I see fear and a hardening in his eyes. His worst nightmare is coming to life before him...

And he makes the choice. You see it in his eyes, the hesitation and the resignation...

We have now reached that point in the series where every Jack look makes me whimper. Oh, the Angst!

That last image brings to mind lyrics of one of the most appropriately Angsty Sarah McLachlan songs for this couple...

*I know I can't be with you... I do what I have to do....*
                        Love and hot fudge,
                        Bren Ren
                        ~
                        My stories!
                        ~

sigpic

Comment

Jack Look #56

I love the mixture of concern and relief as he finally has Sam in hand. It's interesting to note - but you'll see that when she's looking at him in a lot of these photos there's a non-chalant attitude or guarded expressions - his rawest emotions are saved for those times when he thinks she isn't looking.

Originally posted by BrenRen View Post

We have now reached that point in the series where every Jack look makes me whimper. Oh, the Angst!

That last image brings to mind lyrics of one of the most appropriately Angsty Sarah McLachlan songs for this couple...

*I know I can't be with you... I do what I have to do....*
                          There's a Dido song that goes "And I miss you, and I want you, but I can't have you, even when you're here."
                          Last edited by Nynaeve506; 28 July 2010, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Jack Look #57

Again, when Sam isn't looking, it's as though Jack is taking as much of her in as he can, studying her, listening to her intently. He tries to play casual when her eyes are on him... but his heart hasn't changed. Instead he's lost the playful "what if" of Season 4 and now feels the very serious consequences of his feelings.
                            Last edited by Nynaeve506; 28 July 2010, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Jack Look #58

Another Jack not looking at the camera shot. As Pol has talked about - they mirror each other quite frequently which is why I pull some of these shots and label them Jack. They reflect each other so well that you don't need a straight on of Jack when you have one of Sam - they're on the same wavelength - even when they're standing side by side:

They both think Daniel's to touchy feely about "the robot"
                              Last edited by Nynaeve506; 28 July 2010, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Jack Look #59

These expressions where Jack is studying Sam intently become fewer and fewer - this time it's in response to her using the healing device on Daniel after he'd been exposed to a lethal dose of radiation. The only difference between this time and the time with Seth is that there's no fear here, just concern and a tactical wonder. His expression quickly changes however:

And it's in response to this look in Sam's eyes:

Last edited by Nynaeve506; 28 July 2010, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X