Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
    RESPONSE TO TWILIGHTS LOOKS PART TWO: Exactly. If you think about it, in AUs when the regs aren't an issue, Sam and Jack end up married or engaged within a year or so of meeting (assuming they met about the same 'time' as ours did). It was *fast*.Oh, definitely. Look at the way he has trouble even meeting her eyes... as though he's afraid she'll look into them and realize fishing means 'fishing' Well, he has just quite literally been rejected. ((Jack))
    You know...that speaks for so much. That they did fall that fast and hard...and if they're wouldn't have been those regs in our reality......but they still, even with those regs in place, still feel in love with each other....*warm fuzzies* Can anyone say meant to be? After all when there's that many other realities...

Merry Christmas everyone!

Now I'm off to watch Jack die in Blue ray and Sanctuary, in my penguin Pajamas.

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
    Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
    Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Merry Christmas everyone!

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
      If you go by the number of episodes between the first mention of an "Agent Johnson" in Citizen Joe and then her appearance in Threads, they likely had only known each other for about a month before that bedroom scene. Reckoning is the only episode (even though it's a two-parter) between Citizen Joe and Threads. And from the way Jack mentioned "Agent Johnson" when he was talking to Sam on the phone, it sounded like he didn't even know that was a woman he had a meeting with in a day or two.

They did seem awfully comfy with each other for having known each other for so short a time; as though they'd been having "sleep overs" fairly often already. Though, to be fair, Sam and Pete didn't know each other very long before they spent their first night together either.

EDIT: Given that Kerry has apparently been around the SGC for awhile regarding her investigation, I would think she would have met Sam, Daniel, Teal'c and anybody else who had anything to do with her investigation, yet when Sam sees her in Jack's office, she has no idea who Kerry is.
      I think that the falling into bed so soon with the wrong person was just their way of trying to force themselves to move on. It was if they thought, if I sleep with someone else, I'll lose the feelings I have for Jack/Sam. So sad. Cuz it didn't work.
      sigpic
      Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Merry Christmas Ship Family!

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

Merry Christmas!!! Now that all presents have been opened... I continue my impromptu gift to you all - Jack Looks (Jenn - loving the responses - Bren - loving the guttery readings LOL)

Jack Look #43

I love this Jack look. I think of all of them this has to be among my favorites. In his eyes he looks sweet on Sam. And yet there's angst as he knows this is as close as he'll get. When Sam comes and flirts with her "So what am I going to say" and he inadvertently shoots her down, he's so quick to find that way to boost her back up again. "I knew you were going to say that..." and his reward (he is trained well...)

Again, AT (pardon my girl crush here) - has one of the most amazing smiles that I can't blame the guy for trying to find every excuse in the book to see it.

Of course, then she leaves and we see this:

Resignation? Frustration with the status quo? Angst in spades baby. Angst in spades.
          Last edited by Nynaeve506; 28 July 2010, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Jack Look #44

The proverbial cat that ate the canary. From the resignation, frustration to a brief moment when Jack takes the chance to realize everything he wants - and he finds out that Sam wants him too. I've always felt bad that on some level he has the security of knowing what she feels while later, she struggles with trying to figure him out.

I'm also struck by seems to me to be pure adoration. The way a lover looks at his beloved. There's a peace in his eyes, a satisfaction, something rare and that we won't see again for a very long time.
            Last edited by Nynaeve506; 28 July 2010, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Jack Look #45

This one is from when he is ordering Sam to turn the naquadah generator into a bomb. This is the first time they have really, truly come into conflict. Sam's had moments before (notably refusing to leave and choosing to help deal with Jonas), but here, she knows he's playing fast and loose with Hammond's orders. In Jack's eyes he studying her again - a look we haven't seen since last season. How far will she follow me? - he seems to ask himself. And ultimately she does what he requests... but I think Sam's expression is incredibly telling as well:

Last edited by Nynaeve506; 28 July 2010, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Jack Look #46

Without barriers, without rules and regulations, Jack is naked (go for it Bren, Jann). He let's his emotion for her play on his face. I have to wonder if on some level Jack enjoyed the life they lived there. He's a man who works with his hands and he had the company of a woman that meant the world to him. Here, his eyes look *happy*.
                Last edited by Nynaeve506; 28 July 2010, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Jack Look #47

Remember I mentioned that if they weren't bound by the military they would do things like this? Although we can't see his face dead on, I sense peace in his presence and a comfortable air between them. Jack's not in a hurry with their relationship - these moments carry a lot of weight with him.
                  Last edited by Nynaeve506; 28 July 2010, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Jack Look #48

And... reality comes to slap him in the face:

Last edited by Nynaeve506; 28 July 2010, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Jack Look #49

There's a pleasure in Jack's eyes as he talks with Sam here. If you've been following this progression, you can see how much he's changed in the way he watches her from the first few seasons. The first two there were a lot of friendly, "innocent" looks - and then we have "Nemesis" and now - his looks hold so much more weight. He *knows* how he feels about her and it colors the way he interacts with her. And as we'll see, it affects how he makes decisions about her.
                      Last edited by Nynaeve506; 28 July 2010, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Jack Look #50

So many of Jack's expressions can be picked up from his body language alone. I've picked a lot of caps where you can't see his face dead on and this is one where I *wish* we could. Sam's smile and her eyes speak to what she's reflecting from him. I think it's true that a woman's confidence is deeply affected by her lover. It's what I find insane about their relationship - they're *not* lovers but their body language screams that they should be.
                        Last edited by Nynaeve506; 28 July 2010, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Jack Look #51

One that never happened.... 2010 - I selected this cap for the regret we see in his eyes.
                          Last edited by Nynaeve506; 28 July 2010, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
                            *ahem*

Did someone mention the gutter glasses...?

*giggles*

*runs out*
                            Yep, those are the ones!
                            sigpic
                            Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Merry Christmas Ship Family!!!
                              I am coming to you from my brand new laptop! Whoo! And a big thanks to my parents, they rock!

Anywho, I saw a book Called "Sam and Jack, three stories." But it's a children's book and has nothing to do with SG. *Sighs*

So how is everyone today?
                              sigpic

Comment

I could make a guttery comment on Twi's post but I'll leave it to the master: BrenRen
                                *starts watching CotG*
                                sigpic
                                Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Working...
                                X