PDA

View Full Version : Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

majorsal
June 20th, 2004, 01:06 AM
Here is a spankin' new shipper thread!

[Mod edit -The rest of the thread has gone into the S/J Shipper Archive http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=2419

This thread is for positive discussion of S/J. (And also cookies, penguins, jello and stuff. But mainly S/J.) Anyone wanting more serious S/J discussion (where S/J is the only topic) should check out the Pro Sam/Jack Ship - Discussion Only thread http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=10397]

Let the ship discussions begin!!!

Sally

majorsal
February 8th, 2005, 09:19 PM
Here is a spankin' new shipper thread! :D

[Mod edit -The rest of the thread has gone into the S/J Shipper Archive http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=2419

This thread is for positive discussion of S/J. (And also cookies, penguins, jello and stuff. But mainly S/J.) Anyone wanting more serious S/J discussion (where S/J is the only topic) should check out the Pro Sam/Jack Ship - Discussion Only thread http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=10397]

Let the ship discussions begin!!!

Sally :D

melpomene
March 24th, 2005, 12:35 PM
Okay, I can hear what you're thinking. "Isn't there already a S/J ship thread?"
Sure there is. It's a great thread. I love it and I owe it, and the ship family a lot. But I've noticed that a thread that used to be primarily the Shippertown Bakery, minibar and coffeehouse has been a lot like a courtroom. Not that there's anything wrong with being serious. But when you hear people getting scolded for saying a quick "Goodnight" to the ship fam, and it's considered OK to spend a whole page talking about leaving I say, we've lost sight of something. So this thread is about why we're really here. Sam and Jack. Supporting them, griping when necessary about TPTB, it's about love, and togetherness. I don't want to split the ship-family if I don't have to. And if nobody posts on this thread that's fine. I just wanted to try the idea of a thread where the main ideas are....

*No red rep.I know there's a good reason for it but this is a Shipper safe zone.I don't see any reason why it should be needed here.If you feel the need to reprimand someone post it, P/M it, or send them some green with the message. Example: Great humorous anecdote Melpomene but this is NOT the RDA thread!

*I don't have a problem with LIMITED and SANE Off Topic. I think it's easier to accept that it happens than complain about it all the time which makes people well....tense.

*Please no threats about leaving.You're not chained to the wall.If you like it here that makes me happy.but you can leave any time you want.Saying you're going to leave just hurts people's feelings.Long goodbye's suck.

Those are the ideas I had in starting this thread.And I know it's bad luck to end a thread with a list of "Don't's" So I'll just say.

I love S/J ship. If I didn't I wouldn't have started this thread.My hope for this thread is that it will be a safe haven for all shippers.Or that it will encourage The already existing Sam/Jack Ship Family Thread to be more like it used to be.If either of those things happen I'll be happy.And if it doesn't I'll still stick aound. Because I figure being a ship fan is all about faith. I beleive in Sam and Jack and the shipper family. And as long I believe I'll stick around. After all you never know when either group will turn up something worth seeing.

Cassie
March 24th, 2005, 12:42 PM
*Drags over sofa and sits*
aawww feels like home! :)

Thanks for starting a new one Melpomene hopefully starting a new one well help :D
SAM AND JACK FOREVER!!!!

pittsburghgirl
March 24th, 2005, 12:49 PM
Thank you for being the brave soul to start this thread-i do have a quick question that i will PM you with though.

Rosemary

Rogue
March 24th, 2005, 01:04 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/mkmoulder/Stargate/oc028-comment.jpg

Skydiver
March 24th, 2005, 01:46 PM
waves hi

so if this is a resort, do we have some nice frou-frou drinks???? something pretty with fruit and an umbrella??

Qasim
March 24th, 2005, 01:51 PM
waves hi

so if this is a resort, do we have some nice frou-frou drinks???? something pretty with fruit and an umbrella??
yeah man wheres the 'resort' part

Queen_Bee
March 24th, 2005, 02:10 PM
hey there peoples

just dropping into say hi..

i m still posting in the other thread tho..
i m not sure if i am ready to depart with it..

but i see that some of my fave people are already posting here

whats hapening with Caty..i heard something about her leaving..
if this is true ...it is very upsetting :(

S AND J FOREVER

Lurve and shipper hugs
Bee

Oma-1
March 24th, 2005, 03:29 PM
Hi everyone. Melpomeme, I like the idea behind this thread. Hopefully it will be a wonderfully happy place, to frolic in the ship that is Sam & Jack.

I am a bit concerned though - all the S/J threads are really quiet tonight! Here's hoping it picks up soon. :)

Blaise
March 24th, 2005, 06:51 PM
Hey guys!!

I love love the idea of this new thread. You're right melpomene, the classic thread was turning into a daytime court drama movie of the week :eek: Hang on, I love those movies! lol.

I also heart the sam/jack discussion ONLY thread. it's been a long while since i stepped into a thread, and saw some good long hearty discussion about the fate of our beloved ones.

Now, my only question at this minute is...since the classic thread had shipper cookies, and this thread is a resort, should we have shipper cocktails?? lol.

UhSir
March 24th, 2005, 07:47 PM
Hi. I'm rather new to this forum. I only just created a signin but I've been reading as a guest for some time. I don't get here often and there are always so many new messages, I'm sure I miss so much. I've tried to find the famous "Shipper Thread" but I haven't yet and it sounds like I probably don't want to. Anyway, enough about me...

I hope I do this right. Do I need to include spoiler alerts because I'm going to mention shows from season 8?

Just in case, SPOILERS for season 8, Threads and Mobius 1 follow.

I'm in the U.S. and cannot stand waiting for Mobius Part 2. Only 21 hours to go. I'm anxious to know what will happen with Jack and Sam. I guess if anything, it will be with the altered timeline Jack and Sam or maybe they'll get all tangled up and switch around, oh I have to stop guessing and just wait.

I would like the writers to finally settle this with the real Jack and Sam. I get the impression they are afraid to bring it out because it will be the end of something, but I don't think it would be.

It seems to me that Jack has been so bitter this season. I do wonder if it is intentional because it is so constant. Except he wasn't bitter in Threads and Mobius 1. So maybe this is good news because that coincides with Sam breaking off with Pete. (Poor David DeLuise. He's such a sweetie and I think he was so brave to take on the role.)

I am wondering if it's me or if there was ship in Mobius 1 in the scene where Alt-Daniel and Alt-Sam go to see Alt-Jack on his boat. After Daniel introduced themselves, Jack stared at Sam for so long then when he looked at Daniel he actually sized him up and down before asking, "You two a couple?" And there was a sneer on his face when he said it as if he meant to add, "Because you sure don't deserve someone of her caliber." Oh I'm sure there are a billion ways to interpret all of that body language.

I have a lot of opinions (doesn't everyone?) about all of Stargate, not just Jack and Sam. But Jack and Sam are the most fun part for me. And if they both completely leave the show, I'll still watch it provided the writing stays decent, which sometimes it's been pretty close to awful. That's not completely fair because it can't be easy to write about a team that is scattered apart. Well, now I'm going off topic so I'll stop here.

sacme
March 24th, 2005, 11:28 PM
I've thankfully missed a lot of the upset. I've loved the fun and family of the Shipper Thread. I have a suggestion-- feel free to ignore. Since you're trying to reclaim some of the old feeling, why not name this thread after a "real" place in Shipper Town. I just looked at the map and there is the "Playshipper Mansion" (conveniently located next to the Shipper Marina), The Happy Place, the Shipper Commune,... the Shipper Zoo. :P ;)

Personally, I hope we can still salvage the old thread and not split the family, but whatever will be, will be.

ship sistah :)

gatebee
March 25th, 2005, 07:15 PM
M2the time line is soo confusing. Looking at jack, he looks confused too. But Sam was there to guide him

Buc252
March 25th, 2005, 07:23 PM
Oh well, we got to see Sam and Jack snogging like hormone-driven teenagers at band camp, so I'm really not gonna complain too much! <Sniggle> [/spoil]

Warning: This is not a "happy, go-lucky", party post. "Venting" warnings in effect. Read at your own risk.

Sorry, but a slight correction: You got to see the AT Sam and Jack snogging. I'm trying to keep contained just how angry I am at this . . . that they could give us that but not a real kiss with *our* S&J.

I have definitely become fed up with TPTB, and especially JM. His comment acknowledging the ship (yeah, big surprise - how could he deny it?) is no big revelation, and I'm tired of being ignored and shafted by TPTB on the show. We were told to write, and we wrote, and it still got us nothing. Another AU kiss and bupkus otherwise. I don't care if we get a ten-minute bed scene with the real Jack and Sam in the last episode of season 9 - I won't be watching to see it.

I know, I know . . . it's just a TV show. <sigh> :(

sacme
March 25th, 2005, 07:23 PM
I put this together and posted it at the beginning of the month. Now that more people have seen Moebius, I thought I'd put it back up for anyone feeling the same way.

The content of this image contains implicit M2 spoilers.TPTB have no excuses left for not coming through for us.

http://people.freenet.de/sillyrabbit/SG/resolution.jpg
that's awesome... and sad.

ship sistah

gatebee
March 25th, 2005, 07:26 PM
thinking on M2AU Jack...he was following his basic instinct on his feelings about Sam and thinking on AU Sam, her answer that she needed to know Jack more even though she already liked him explains so much what RL Jack and Sam must have to deal with.

You know how real love affairs work....we are never on the same page
this is the same for our M2Sam and Jack. In the real time line, their emotions for each other are there but their inner self in wanting not to make a mistake because it is so true "love"..I am rambling now

gatebee
March 25th, 2005, 07:30 PM
IMO, I will take anything that involves Sam and Jack being togetherAU, AL, or RL Sam and Jack is fine with me. A explosive KISS is a KISS

Alaskhah
March 25th, 2005, 07:33 PM
Open question...how has discussing Sam and Jack ship or being in this thread changed your perspective on RL?
Jello...My mom asked me what she should make for dessert for Easter, and couldn't figure out why I laughed & said jello...:P

(I do have to admit, however, that I'm very easily amused... :rolleyes: )

BrenRen
March 25th, 2005, 07:36 PM
IMO, I will take anything that involves Sam and Jack being togetherAU, AL, or RL Sam and Jack is fine with me. A explosive KISS is a KISS

I agree completely! I've said it before, and I'll risk repeating myself ad nauseum to say it again, I ADORE alternate universes, or alternate timelines, or parallel universes, or whatever other variation that they want to come up with! As much as I do still wish we had seen a "real" kiss between "our" sam and jack... at least we got to see them kissing, and that's all it really takes to make *this* particular shipper a Very Happy Camper!

I'm so Easy to Please! (Just don't tell my Hubby!)

Elkeli
March 25th, 2005, 07:44 PM
*waves* i don't post here but I felt the need to share this with S/J shippers! None of my friends watch Stargate, they all laugh at me. And lo and behlod my surprise when my mom picks me up from being out and she tells me one of my friends called a couple times. So I get home and find she sent me 20 IMs giving me a very detailed description of all the SJ moments in Moebius 2 b.c her and her brother watched it.

I just sat back and laughed. I knew they would convert sooner or later!
Ahhhh, a humbling tale of shippiness :D

Edit: 5 more posts to 200!! yay!!

Lynn
RLOL about hubby
Tonight during M2 my hubby, who is in no way a shipper (actually he thinks I'm nuts!) sat with a silly grin during the "shippy" scene towards the end!

Even the toughest can be converted!

BTW BrenRen - my hubby has realized that S/J shippiness makes me easy - it can make things quite fun you know ;-)

MajorSam
Hey everyone, i'm back from Europe!!!!!! The trip was BRILLIANT, can't wait to go back to Paris esepcially :D:D I missed you all tooons ((((((((((((Shipper Family)))))))))))) I'm about to go scouting for all the wonderful vids and pics i'm sure you all posted up in mourning of my absence ;)

How have you all been doing!?

Lynn
March 25th, 2005, 07:49 PM
Hey SueKay - If you're lurking out there, I need your input on my easter egg question?

Would Jack give Sam, Milk, White or Dark Chocolate and why?????

Oma-1
March 25th, 2005, 07:50 PM
(((((MajorSam))))))))

Glad you had a good trip. Did you see S&J at the tower? :p

Welcome back, you're just in time for the party. Elkeli brought lovely shippy cake :)

Elkeli
March 25th, 2005, 07:54 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v187/kelli_173/JackAndSam/shipcake.jpg

here you go MajorSam, welcome back, take a piece :D

Sheyla Fan
March 25th, 2005, 07:54 PM
Even though the big moment took place in an Alternative universe or rather an alternative timeline, two hours later and I'm still sitting here with the biggest smile on my face. I think I screamed for 15 minutes straight! Sigh.... it was simply beautiful.

Jack & Sam forever!!!!!! :D

TameFarrar
March 25th, 2005, 08:13 PM
Did you go off singing without us? Where did you go???? You are gonna miss the CAKE! :p
I went off to have a Mocha Latte with my best buddy Karen :D...and now I am watching M2 WOO HOO and trying to type QUICKLY in between commercails :D

TameFarrar
March 25th, 2005, 08:15 PM
LOL Tame.....I cannot believe you are starting YOUR birthday thing already. You kill me woman, absolutely kill me!!! :D

Jack and Sam...oh my! :p

(((((((((((((CRITTER))))))))))) :):):)
What????? :D :D I just want everyone to have time to prepare...All good Shippers are like Boyscouts We are *Always Prepered* :D ;)

sacme
March 25th, 2005, 08:22 PM
Moebious 2 So I thought it was a fun ep, a lot better than part 1. I laughed and enjoyed the team banter-- even tho it wasn't exactly our team. There were some really good moments and lines and I liked it.

There is just so excited, though, I can get about another AU kiss. It was cute, but, in the end, meaningless. I'm desperate for meaning and resolution and TPTB gave me the same ole, same ole. Alright already, I get it, you don't need to bang me over the head with it anymore-- Sam and Jack will always dig each other no matter what their history or universe they're in. So PTB, if you know that and love it so much that you have to keep throwing it at us -- such a wicked tease-- why the hell not deal with it in OUR timeline, once and for all.

To me, the Threads retread ending is a jip. RDA won't be around next season, why not just finish the thing. I don't understand why we're still stretching this out. It's just stupid.

ship sistah

Alaskhah
March 25th, 2005, 08:24 PM
well 10pm ET is 8pm to me...so I will STILL have an hour to go BEFORE I get to see SG1 and SGA.....*sigh*....this is the ONLY time I hate living in the west :D
*sigh* I hear ya, Tame...I'm even an hour further back...but Moebius is on here now...I just have to finish catching up on the party that happened when it aired for everyone else :P

Elkeli
March 25th, 2005, 08:27 PM
Moebious 2 So I thought it was a fun ep, a lot better than part 1. I laughed and enjoyed the team banter-- even tho it wasn't exactly our team. There were some really good moments and lines and I liked it.

There is just so excited, though, I can get about another AU kiss. It was cute, but, in the end, meaningless. I'm desperate for meaning and resolution and TPTB gave me the same ole, same ole. Alright already, I get it, you don't need to bang me over the head with it anymore-- Sam and Jack will always dig each other no matter what their history or universe they're in. So PTB, if you know that and love it so much that you have to keep throwing it at us -- such a wicked tease-- why the hell not deal with it in OUR timeline, once and for all.

To me, the Threads retread ending is a jip. RDA won't be around next season, why not just finish the thing. I don't understand why we're still stretching this out. It's just stupid.

ship sistah

I reckon its because if they make a movie they could put in some romance by resolving the ship. So if they make one at the end of season 9 and RDA wants to be in it, they'll do it then if they haven't already. If they resolve it too soon, they'll have to find another shippy element with some other characters. The more ambiguous they are now, the more likely they can use S/J ship in the film. Assuming they'll still make one of course.

Cassie
March 25th, 2005, 08:34 PM
Finally got the computer back for a sec. and....

OMG M1 was absolutely amazing!!! The 3 kisses were along time coming! I especially like the 2nd one because of the sparks flying and stuff! I screamed!!! He also made her call him Jack and he thinks she's HOT! The also seemed very comfortable around each other they sat and stood next to each other like in M2. Even though the TPTB didn't really show it you could tell they are TOGETHER!! When they were fishing Sam says we should have done 'Can't believe we didn't do it years ago' (ya I have to get my head out of the gutter!) Think this ep. is gonna tie with D&C for me! 2 of my favorite pics. of M2
http://www.stargatesg1971.com/moebiuspart2/caps/image3402.html
http://www.stargatesg1971.com/moebiuspart2/caps/image3470.html he looks so happy!

O.k. have to go to bed shippers
Have fun at the Party!!!!
((((((((((Shipper Family))))))))))

sacme
March 25th, 2005, 08:34 PM
I reckon its because if they make a movie they could put in some romance by resolving the ship. So if they make one at the end of season 9 and RDA wants to be in it, they'll do it then if they haven't already. If they resolve it too soon, they'll have to find another shippy element with some other characters. The more ambiguous they are now, the more likely they can use S/J ship in the film. Assuming they'll still make one of course.

RESOLVE IT TOO SOON!!! ROTFLMAO! (and crying)

After season 9?! I don't know if I will care if it takes that long. I'm having trouble caring now.

ship sistah

nell
March 25th, 2005, 08:36 PM
Tonight another gal reposted her "prediction" of how Sam and Jack may play out season 8. So, that got me thinking about my Sept guess about Season 8 and see #3. :D ;)

Threads [QUOTE] Re: The Sam/Jack Shippers' Thread

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hiya, I'm new(well, I posted once several months ago). Anyway, I was wandering around Season 8 room and responded to a question about Jack and Kerry. No spoilers just speculation. Anyway, there is no activity there so I thought I'd share my ideas with you gals maybe to stir up a little conversation. Thanks.

For what it's worth, when I think about who Jack's love interest might be I recall several fanfic stories where Jack was paired with a love interest although eventually he and Sam were united (happyendinghappyending).
Note: To the fanfic authors that may recognize my descriptions (poor as they may be), I really liked each of your stories especially because Sam and Jack ended up together.

1. An attractive younger woman (20's) photographer was a distraction/trophy. Didn't work. She was a girl to Sam's woman.

2. A highpriced call girl (attractive, experienced, intelligent, refined woman probably 30's). Didn't work. They enjoyed each other's company; they shared some educated and cultural interests on "dates." But, they knew she was only a service, afterall.

3. A divorcee. Intelligent, exotic, educated, professional career woman (probably 30's). Jack tried to make it work but superficial. She saw right through him. She was very fond of him and wanted a relationship but she was smart enough to accept that he loved another.

So, given these examples, I think Jack deserves a 'realistic' opportunity (as real as they can conjure up in the small number of episodes remaining) at a love interest with someone such as #3 but in her 40's. For this to work, like Pete is (I can't believe I'm saying this) a believable partner for Sam, the woman for Jack must be believable, too. We need some tension so that it will be all the more sweeter when Sam and Jack come to their senses about their love for each other.

Elkeli
March 25th, 2005, 08:40 PM

After season 9?! I don't know if I will care if it takes that long. I'm having trouble caring now.

ship sistah

WHOOPS! didn't add my "this isn't really what I want to happen but I think it just might unless a magic fairy puts all TPTB on drugs and makes them resolve the ship, and to read this you must insert huge amounts of cynacism and sarcasm" disclaimer, I won't forget next time lol

MajorSam
March 25th, 2005, 08:51 PM

here you go MajorSam, welcome back, take a piece :D

WELCOME BACK MajorSam!!!!! :D
Come join the Party!

WELCOME BACK MAJOR SAM

(((((MajorSam))))))))

Glad you had a good trip. Did you see S&J at the tower? :p

Welcome back, you're just in time for the party. Elkeli brought lovely shippy cake :)

Thanks so much guys, LOOOVED that cake, i'm definately here at the party! (it's kind of ironic, it's my brother's birthday today, so my family got together and just finished cake...)

Actually, I saw SOOO many Stargate (Sg1 and Atlantis) Look alikes while I was out, I was actually scared!!! SOOO many! Everywhere I turned! And stuff that happened/was said kept reminding my of shippyness... I guess I was in withdrawl!

Here's a funny story, I was walking with my luggage to go home, then guess who I see walking along just behind me? Brad Wright!!!! I was SOOO mad I wasn't wearing my Stargate pants that I had made for last years GateCon. I wanted to talk to him, but I mean, he was with his family, so... (Shouldn't he have been on Stargate anyways? hm...)

But anyways, PARTAAAY

Token
March 25th, 2005, 09:39 PM
<snip>
Question: Token, why do penguins make you think of omelettes?????
What? Am I the only one?? :p Ummm....let me think....penguins eat omelets...no...penguins make good omelets...no...Ah...Jack makes good omelets with beer while watching a Discovery channel exclusive about penguins!!!! :D That's it!!! :p

Alaskhah
March 25th, 2005, 09:44 PM
Yeah, see the problem with the penguin/omelet thing is that penguins are birds...birds lay eggs...well, you get the picture :eek:

The Discovery Channel works much better! :D

gatebee
March 25th, 2005, 09:44 PM
What? Am I the only one?? :p Ummm....let me think....penguins eat omelets...no...penguins make good omelets...no...Ah...Jack makes good omelets with beer while watching a Discovery channel exclusive about penguins!!!! :D That's it!!! :p
wow that was amazing deductive reasoning

Token
March 25th, 2005, 09:45 PM
LOL Tame.....I cannot believe you are starting YOUR birthday thing already. You kill me woman, absolutely kill me!!! :D

Jack and Sam...oh my! :p

Critter, you honestly believe Tame has any modesty?? Please! She's already offered her body in service to the Shipper Family!! :p And we really do appreciate her dedication. So what's a few *cough* constant *cough* reminders about her birthday which is 6 months away?? :p

TameFarrar
March 25th, 2005, 09:46 PM
ROFL!!! and we all KNOW Penguins swimming then lead to Jack thinking about *Fishing* and THAT leads to him thinking about Sam :D...

Welcome Home MajorSam :D

Alaskhah
March 25th, 2005, 09:47 PM
So what's a few *cough* constant *cough* reminders about her birthday which is 6 months away?? :p
Ah, but the real question is, will she tell us how old she is? :rolleyes:

gatebee
March 25th, 2005, 09:48 PM
ROFL!!! and we all KNOW Penguins swimming then lead to Jack thinking about *Fishing* and THAT leads to him thinking about Sam :D...

RLOL more great ship deductive reasoning

TameFarrar
March 25th, 2005, 09:48 PM
Critter, you honestly believe Tame has any modesty?? Please! She's already offered her body in service to the Shipper Family!! :p And we really do appreciate her dedication. So what's a few *cough* constant *cough* reminders about her birthday which is 6 months away?? :p
Hey.... I think I resemble that remark :D ;) and of course I would do ANYTHING to help my shipper family :D...so if keeping Jack in *Fine Fishing Form* is what I have to do then ...*sigh*...I will bear this burden :)

Alaskhah
March 25th, 2005, 09:49 PM

OH! So seeing the penguins fishing makes Jack want to go fishing...that mes sense :D

Methinks I've got to get meself to the Shipper Zoo...:rolleyes:

TameFarrar
March 25th, 2005, 09:49 PM
Ah, but the real question is, will she tell us how old she is? :rolleyes:
Nope :D....I told everyone many moons ago and they all forgot :D.... I am younger then Jack :D and ........well.....that is all you need to know :D

Madeleine
March 25th, 2005, 09:53 PM
If anyone's wondering where the rest of the thread is, it's gone into the S/J Shipper Archive (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=2419) on account of the thread being a bit large and unwieldy. Any unread posts in there will still be highlighted in the archive thread, so no one should miss anything.

Token
March 25th, 2005, 09:56 PM
Wow! I just had a freaky scifi moment!! :eek: Then I realized Madeline was archiving us! Whew! After Moebius, you can never be too sure! :p

Thanks, Madeline!!!!!! We love our Ship Step-Mum!! :D

Alaskhah
March 25th, 2005, 09:57 PM
Wow...it looks so...empty... :eek:

Guess we'll just have to fill it up again! :rolleyes:

Gatetrixer
March 25th, 2005, 09:57 PM
Well, I'm back and confused. What happened to the posts and comments from just before MoebiuisII aired until a bit before now? About 3 hours are gone. I stayed off this thread as I felt I wasn't strong enough to avoid spoilers. Also confused about Moebius II but that's another story.

gatebee
March 25th, 2005, 09:59 PM
If anyone's wondering where the rest of the thread is, it's gone into the S/J Shipper Archive (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=2419) on account of the thread being a bit large and unwieldy. Any unread posts in there will still be highlighted in the archive thread, so no one should miss anything.
thanks for the explanation...I did wonder about it , Again thank you for being such a good mod

Alaskhah
March 25th, 2005, 09:59 PM
ROFL Token...Yeah, you never know about those AU shippers...

*wanders off to ponder her AU self...* :p

Token
March 25th, 2005, 10:01 PM
Hey SueKay - If you're lurking out there, I need your input on my easter egg question?

Would Jack give Sam, Milk, White or Dark Chocolate and why?????

I'm not SueKay, but I'll answer! ;) I would say Jack would give Sam milk chocolate because it reminds him of her smooth, milky skin and how satisfying she would be in his mouth!! ;)

Or it would be because milk chocolate is MY favorite!! :p

TameFarrar
March 25th, 2005, 10:03 PM
Thanks (((Mads))) the worlds BEST Step Ship Mum :D

and Token I had the same moment :D LOL

Token
March 25th, 2005, 10:05 PM
Even though the big moment took place in an Alternative universe or rather an alternative timeline, two hours later and I'm still sitting here with the biggest smile on my face. I think I screamed for 15 minutes straight! Sigh.... it was simply beautiful.

Jack & Sam forever!!!!!! :D

http://pages.prodigy.net/bestsmileys1/emoticons3/welcome.gif Sheyla Fan!!!
We have a nice, clean thread to play in so bring your big smile on over and post awhile!! :p

BTW, I have one of those smiles too. http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_13.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSzfw003) Ok, I'm a little bouncy; but that is from all the chocolate! I promise!! :p

gatebee
March 25th, 2005, 10:10 PM
Everyone is invited to the party l

http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/party/party-smiley-006.gifhttp://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/party/party-smiley-020.gifhttp://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/party/party-smiley-003.gif[img]http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/ernaehrung/food-smiley-007.gifhttp://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/ernaehrung/food-smiley-007.gifhttp://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/ernaehrung/food-smiley-005.gifhttp://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/ernaehrung/food-smiley-004.gif

I shall bring:
chips
cookies
chicken nuggets
bailey's irish cream for those who can drink
soda's ..coke,sprite
cake fr. Elkeli
Guinness fr Cassie
snack and wine fr. Dipsofjazz
nachos for all
alcohol galore fr. Kri
Chinese food, easter eggs fr. Lynn
Godiva fr. Bren (yummy)
cups
napkins
ice.......Rogue bringing all three

PARTY TIME

http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/party/party-smiley-020.gifhttp://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/party/party-smiley-003.gifhttp://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/ernaehrung/food-smiley-007.gifhttp://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/ernaehrung/food-smiley-005.gif
CONTINUE THE PARTYhttp://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/ernaehrung/food-smiley-004.gif
more drinks in the bar everyone

Alaskhah
March 25th, 2005, 10:12 PM
Welcome Sheyla Fan! :D Come on in...the people are friendly - if a bit strange (I do, of course, speak for myself). :rolleyes:

Ok, I'm a little bouncy; but that is from all the chocolate! I promise!! :p
...and maybe just a bit from the shippiness tonight?

Alaskhah
March 25th, 2005, 10:15 PM

I shall bring:
chips
cookies
chicken nuggets
soda's ..coke,sprite
cake fr. Elkeli
Guinness fr Cassie
nachos for all
alcohol galore fr. Kri
Godiva fr. Bren (yummy)
cups
napkins

PARTY TIME

CONTINUE THE PARTY

Token
March 25th, 2005, 10:19 PM
Well, I'm back and confused. What happened to the posts and comments from just before MoebiuisII aired until a bit before now? About 3 hours are gone. I stayed off this thread as I felt I wasn't strong enough to avoid spoilers. Also confused about Moebius II but that's another story.

Don't worry, Gatetrixer! I have a wee bit of a time line graph that might help. I'll post it later this weekend. It's after midnight, and I've got to get some sleep. :S

Buc, I know how you feel! (((Buc))) I was disappointed too, but I've had several weeks to chew on it. And I'm making an effort to be optimistic. As long as I enjoy the show, I'll stick with it. oops! I'm showing my masochistic tendencies again. :rolleyes:

I've enjoyed tonight and this morning!!! ;) It's been fun!! And we're SHIPPING...

Alaskhah
March 25th, 2005, 10:23 PM
size=3]And we're SHIPPING...[/size][/font]
Where to next? I've got my eye on the 100 post mark tonight, so a tour around the city would be great :D

TameFarrar
March 25th, 2005, 10:27 PM
Warning: This is not a "happy, go-lucky", party post. "Venting" warnings in effect. Read at your own risk.

Sorry, but a slight correction: You got to see the AT Sam and Jack snogging. I'm trying to keep contained just how angry I am at this . . . that they could give us that but not a real kiss with *our* S&J.

I have definitely become fed up with TPTB, and especially JM. His comment acknowledging the ship (yeah, big surprise - how could he deny it?) is no big revelation, and I'm tired of being ignored and shafted by TPTB on the show. We were told to write, and we wrote, and it still got us nothing. Another AU kiss and bupkus otherwise. I don't care if we get a ten-minute bed scene with the real Jack and Sam in the last episode of season 9 - I won't be watching to see it.

You are not alone in your feelings of disappointment in TPTB :D (((Buc)))

I know I have made a huge effort to just forget about TPTB and just concentrate on the parts of the Sam & Jack ship that I love and phooey on them :)

TheNewestFan
March 25th, 2005, 10:28 PM
Hello family!

Hope everyone is well tonight!

I don't know about you guys, but every time Jack calls Sam by her first name "Sam" I get very "Shippy." Usually, it's Captan or Major. But once in a while, in very specific situations it's SAM. I love hearing him say her name. There is so much feelings there... SAM... AHhh... I love it.
What do you guys think?

gatebee
March 25th, 2005, 10:30 PM

http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/party/party-smiley-006.gifhttp://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/party/party-smiley-020.gifhttp://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/party/party-smiley-003.gif[img]http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/ernaehrung/food-smiley-007.gifhttp://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/ernaehrung/food-smiley-007.gifhttp://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/ernaehrung/food-smiley-005.gifhttp://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/ernaehrung/food-smiley-004.gif

I shall bring:
chips
cookies
chicken nuggets
soda's ..coke,sprite
cake fr. Elkeli
Guinness fr Cassie
nachos for all
alcohol galore fr. Kri
popcorn fr. Alaskhah
Godiva fr. Bren (yummy)
cups
napkins

PARTY TIME

http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/party/party-smiley-020.gifhttp://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/party/party-smiley-003.gifhttp://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/ernaehrung/food-smiley-007.gifhttp://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/ernaehrung/food-smiley-005.gif
CONTINUE THE PARTYhttp://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/ernaehrung/food-smiley-004.gif

MajorSam
March 25th, 2005, 10:32 PM
Hello family!

I don't know about you guys, but every time Jack calls Sam by her first name "Sam" I get very "Shippy." Usually, it's Captan or Major. But once in a while, in very specific situations it's SAM. I love hearing him say her name. There is so much feelings there... SAM... AHhh... I love it.
What do you guys think?

*gigglee teehee stupid-cheesy-grin* I love it when he calls her Sam. It's so... AWW! I love it! It can be serious and dark, or light and cute, or personal and instense... wonderful! It's one of the special things used at only the right special moment... Now if we could only get something like a Kiss to become one of those...

Elkeli
March 25th, 2005, 10:35 PM

More cake for the shorter thread :D

i'm off for the night, cya!

Alaskhah
March 25th, 2005, 10:52 PM
Great! :D More cake and more shippy talk! What more could a girl want from a Friday night? :p

Speaking of the names, I totally agree. Each time they actually use each other's first names it's such a sweet, personal, forget-about-rank-and-just-relate-to-each-other-as-people (and people madly, if secretly, in love with each other) I had to smile and sigh tonight when Jack told Sam to call him Jack I was watching with my parents and they just kind of shook their heads at me. Oh, well. I'm not going to let anyone dash my happy shippy mood.

TameFarrar
March 25th, 2005, 11:10 PM
Hello family!

What do you guys think?
LOL I LOVE your name :D...I too love it when Jack calls her Sam....He has just the *right* tone in his voice :D and I get all warm and fuzzy :D

majorsal
March 25th, 2005, 11:12 PM

I understand, honey...

*tight hug*

When I'd first found out (from the Brits) that our real Sam and Jack didn't get a kiss, I was very upset and disappointed. Time and thinking things over softened a lot of the disappointment and such, but it will never truly go away. I think the 'real' damage happened with Chimera, because it set my sights on 'that' kind of romance for Sam and Jack. I don't know if the show will ever live up to that, BUT, I see next season as a real opportunity for some wonderful Sam and Jack ship. Granted, Jack won't be there 99 percent of the time prob (making SEEING it rather difficult), but I really believe we're going to get shippy stuff next season. I'd say that's the number one reason I'm handling my disappointment, because Threads/Moebius was just a transition from one level of Sam/Jack to another. *Finally*, S and J are in a sitution where they can 'act' on their feelings. As that wonderful song said one time, 'we've only just begun'. I have hopes for s9, and hope is the life's blood of every shipper alive.

majorsal
March 25th, 2005, 11:16 PM
thinking on M2AU Jack...he was following his basic instinct on his feelings about Sam and thinking on AU Sam, her answer that she needed to know Jack more even though she already liked him explains so much what RL Jack and Sam must have to deal with.

You know how real love affairs work....we are never on the same page
this is the same for our M2Sam and Jack. In the real time line, their emotions for each other are there but their inner self in wanting not to make a mistake because it is so true "love"..I am rambling now

*Very* good observation, gatebee!

Sally ;)

majorsal
March 25th, 2005, 11:30 PM

ship sistah

Oh, hon, don't forget how unbelievably satisfying it was when Troi and Riker finally got together after a million years... you do remember that, right? (thinks about how wonderful the Trek franchise is doing now... ) Yep, that about covers it.

*massages the snark muscle she pulled*

Sally :p

ForeverSg1
March 25th, 2005, 11:33 PM
http://img190.exs.cx/img190/4012/nocontrol8fy.jpg

TameFarrar
March 25th, 2005, 11:37 PM
Oh, hon, don't forget how unbelievably satisfying it was when Troi and Riker finally got together after a million years... you do remember that, right? (thinks about how wonderful the Trek franchise is doing now... ) Yep, that about covers it.

LOL...too funny Sally :D I think that is BIG problem with any show.... you have to KNOW when to put your *Choice of Ship* together....to often TPTB either do it too soon or too late ...and look what happens...a lot of disgruntled fans all the way around and your shows slip away....

Hopefully TPTB won't let Sam & Jack *slip* away before they do or say anymore...or I do fear that those that are hanging on for something will slip away too.

*Sends over Jack clone to massage that wonderful snark muscle* :D ;)

Alaskhah
March 25th, 2005, 11:38 PM
Aww... Forever, that's awesome!! A wonderful summary and lovely shippy pics!!:D

TameFarrar
March 25th, 2005, 11:38 PM
THAT is just beautiful :D :D EXCELLENT job ForeverSg1

majorsal
March 25th, 2005, 11:59 PM
LOL...too funny Sally :D I think that is BIG problem with any show.... you have to KNOW when to put your *Choice of Ship* together....to often TPTB either do it too soon or too late ...and look what happens...a lot of disgruntled fans all the way around and your shows slip away....

Hopefully TPTB won't let Sam & Jack *slip* away before they do or say anymore...or I do fear that those that are hanging on for something will slip away too.

*Sends over Jack clone to massage that wonderful snark muscle* :D ;)

*grabs JackClone and shoves him in the closet... for use later... (sighs)*

Anyhoo, even with some of the hair-pulling stress we've been through since the seventh season, I still think we're MILES ahead of most shows that pull their shippers along by their whumped bodies. We're NOT Jag ( :rolleyes: at that show). As Amanda Tapping said in regards to season 9, 'we still have somewhere we can go'. Yeah! :D

Alaskhah
March 26th, 2005, 12:06 AM
So, Sally, now that you have a clone for inspiration, do you have another story for us...? :D *bats eyes* :P

As far as S/J v. M/H (JAG), I totally agree (I don't know if you saw the convo between Elkeli & I last night) - some serious bashing of the appropriate heads together at the appropriate angles seems quite necessary!! :rolleyes: I mean, FCOL!!

Uber
March 26th, 2005, 12:29 AM
*gigglee teehee stupid-cheesy-grin* I love it when he calls her Sam. It's so... AWW! I love it! It can be serious and dark, or light and cute, or personal and instense... wonderful! It's one of the special things used at only the right special moment... Now if we could only get something like a Kiss to become one of those...
MAJOR SAM???

WooHOOO, MajorS is back!!! :D

Man, I turn my head for 3 seconds...and Major Sam's back, there's a new thread... What would happen if I stayed off GW for a full day??? I shudder to think... :D

Regarding M2 the romantic in me understands why people are ticked about it being an AU kiss. However, I'm going to look at the grand tapestry of the last 8 years and see what we have been given here.

It was carved in stone eons ago that there would be NO Sam/Jack romantic action of ANY KIND while they were serving together and he was her CO. So, outside of AU or memory loss, we weren't going to see squat - as Jack would say.

With this in mind, let's consider the fact that TPTB recognize what I think is the really obvious romantic sparks between Jack and Sam. The tension between them is palpable and more than likely driving the actors as nuts as it is us fans - AT said it best: Get on with it already! :D

So - thanks to the miracle of SCI FI, TPTB bend, curve, manipulate and twist the rules so that they can show them expressing their true feelings outside the constraints of their reality. In Moebius 2, we have Jack and Sam, well, making out (I loved how she coughed after he told her she was hot :D ). And even in our own reality, we've had snippets here and there (Lost City/Paradise Lost/the list could go on an on)

And then came THREADS. It was more than I dared hope for. An open expression of love between Sam and Jack. Now, I know that she never got to say the words in his backyard - but come on, listen to the dialogue. Not even Jack is that dense. Heck, Kerry picked up on the vibe right away... Would I have liked her to lay it all out on the table for real? Would I have loved a kiss? Well, duh, OF COURSE I WOULD! However, we return to the main thought here (about the not seeing squat) and I realize that they were able to communicate the emotions without the words. The eyes spoke volumes. So did their mannerisms (I loved how nervous Sam was during the briefing regarding the cell phone and her response to her dad "Weren't you supposed to be meeting Pete at the florist?" Sam grits her teeth and tilts her head, clearly annoyed "No, DAD," she growled without even moving her lips. :D

And now for Season 9. Jack is no longer her CO. Things will be completely different! This is the Window of Opportunity I have been hoping for (bittersweetly because of course it means little RDA).

And that's my take on the gift that TPTB have given us and why I'm happy about what we got and excited about what THREADS means for the future. :D:P:D:P:D

Whew! That was a mouthful...

:D

Uber
March 26th, 2005, 12:38 AM

(((((((Sally))))))))

I'm a Trekker first and always ... but Trek is like a boyfriend that's moved out of town. You try to keep up the relationship, but then this hot Adonias moves into the apartment across from yours, reaches his hand out to you and says, "Come through the gate with me!"

I mean, come on. A girl's gotta do... :D

Seriously though, Trek didn't do near as good a job as Stargate regarding ship IMHO. I wanted Riker/Troi and Picard/Crusher but the connection was just not as well maintained as it has been with Stargate...sure, there was an ep here and there that showed the connection...and Troi had her Pete, um, I mean Worf to deal with but he was meant for Jadzia Dax, who TPTB at Trek decided to kill off.

I'll tell you right here and there, if they actually really killed off either Jack or Sam like Trek killed off Jadzia Dax, you'd hear me screaming through your computer monitors all across the globe... :eek:

I think that Stargate is more in tune with the shipper mentality though because there is such an obvious chemistry between the two, to NOT explore this aspect would have been dishonest to the characters.

Alaskhah
March 26th, 2005, 12:55 AM
Regarding M2 the romantic in me understands why people are ticked about it being an AU kiss. However, I'm going to look at the grand tapestry of the last 8 years and see what we have been given here.

Whew! That was a mouthful...

I absolutely agree. It wouldn't be respectful to their military lifestyles for anything serious to happen between them while he's her CO. The fact that they've shown us so many AU and Not RL SJ pairings, I think, is their way of showing us that their relationship is destined to be, and giving us something to look forward to (no matter how frustrating the wait can be). I, too, have high hopes for some resolution in S9 - not a major plot line, but some serious recognition of the fact that now that they're free to explore this "meant to be" relationship, S&J are actually taking advantage of that freedom.
Okay, no more soap box...but at least my feet are squeaky clean :rolleyes:

Alaskhah
March 26th, 2005, 01:22 AM
Woohoo! Post 100! :D

Time sure ...sails (in keeping with the shipper theme)...when you're having fun!!

To celebrate, here's one of my favorite caps (slightly cropped for emphasis). They just look so content and wonderfully sweet & shippy. *double sigh*

Lord Zedd
March 26th, 2005, 01:55 AM
cool a new thread :D guess the old one has gotten to big I guess ;) and nice to see Tame again

Alaskhah
March 26th, 2005, 01:58 AM
Yeah, I guess they figured since we did like 20 pages just today (with, of course, all of the season finale excitement/ship) that we needed our house tidied up a bit :P

florence
March 26th, 2005, 02:51 AM
;) WOOHOO ! A brand new thread ! :D

I'm happy everything seems to be back to normal :) Yeah let's go back to SHIP ! :D

I missed the party (damn timezones :rolleyes: ) but I'll eat cake today thinking about you and SJ ;)

But since I was not here yesterday, I'll give you some pic ;)

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/shippy_flo/SamJack/What2.jpg
Jack : "What ?!? You're telling me there was cake yesterday and we weren't even invited ?!?"
Sam : "Well Jack... hum I mean Sir, you know, we were a bit *busy* yesterday. Remember ? Fishing and all that..."
Jack : "Oh yes I remember VERY well ;) "
Sam : "But hey, maybe we could have our own party..."
Jack : "Sam ?!? I mean Carter... It could be a good idea... but not here..."
Sam : "Of course not here ! Actually, I know a very nice cabin in woods..."
Jack : "With a pond ? Wanna go fishing again ?"
Sam : "Well Jack, I mean Sir, there's fishing and *fishing*" ;) :D

Zika
March 26th, 2005, 04:42 AM
;) http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/shippy_flo/SamJack/What2.jpg
Jack : "What ?!? You're telling me there was cake yesterday and we weren't even invited ?!?"
Sam : "Well Jack... hum I mean Sir, you know, we were a bit *busy* yesterday. Remember ? Fishing and all that..."
LOL!!!! Haha!! *Good*!! :D

Zika

P.S. sorry I havn't been here so mush! Have been bisy! :( -stil am :(

Lynn
March 26th, 2005, 04:46 AM
Morning all :-) Hey I went to bed last night with a gizillion pages of thread had an AMAZING s/j dream, woke up and the thread shrunk!!!! I'm sure Freud would have fun with that!

Oh well - we have to just fill it up again.

Rogue
March 26th, 2005, 05:10 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/mkmoulder/Stargate/250.jpg

So how long do you think they can stare at each other without blinking?

suekay if your lurking, please repost your thoughts on Moebius.

Zika
March 26th, 2005, 05:33 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/mkmoulder/Stargate/250.jpg (http://)

Without blinkin!? hmm, until their eyes is hurting!! :p

Zika

florence
March 26th, 2005, 05:46 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/mkmoulder/Stargate/250.jpg

The right question would be : how long do you think they can stare at each other without kissing ? ;)

Yeah we know the answer : 8 years... at least ;) :p

LOL4JACK
March 26th, 2005, 07:19 AM
Half of our party last night disappeared!!!! well I guess it's better, we don't go back to embarrassing moments :D

Crazy, party, crazy... to much cake :p

I can't stop saying how much I loved M2, saw last night twice and woke up today and saw it again... what do you guys think about Jack telling Sam that she had some "packing" to do???????

- She going to his cabing with him? to do some fishing :D :D :D ?
- Them alone at his cabin before Daniel and Teal'c came :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

gatebee
March 26th, 2005, 08:00 AM

I'm happy everything seems to be back to normal :) Yeah let's go back to SHIP ! :D

I missed the party (damn timezones :rolleyes: ) but I'll eat cake today thinking about you and SJ ;)

RLOL . that's really good

dipsofjazz
March 26th, 2005, 08:00 AM
:D I love this banner! It's so good I'm re-posting it just so I can *sigh* when I see it again! :p

dipsofjazz
March 26th, 2005, 08:10 AM

:D ROFL! Who needs cake when you can go fishing? :D

gatebee
March 26th, 2005, 08:16 AM
love the sig....thanks for sharing

ivy714
March 26th, 2005, 08:23 AM
:D I love this banner! It's so good I'm re-posting it just so I can *sigh* when I see it again! :pI agree, I love the banner!! :)

TameFarrar
March 26th, 2005, 08:37 AM
cool a new thread :D guess the old one has gotten to big I guess ;) and nice to see Tame again
ALWAYS nice to see you my friend :D And lovely to see that even though you are a god you are still my First Prime too :D

Your loyalty will always be remembered ;)

Have you any ideas for Annual Ship Day coming up in July? We are trying to find some new and different ways to view the episodes that aren't as obvious about the ship....what do you think? :)

wynter
March 26th, 2005, 08:38 AM
hey shipper family,

wow another thread thats amazing!!
i missed the party does that mean that all of us has seen M2 if you have then WOO HOO!!!!!

Foreversg1 that banner is the perfect saying i have ever heard,makes me weep just thinking of it again PERFECT......

hope every-one is fine and i just wanted to say I HAD MY SALLY REEVES BOOK TODAY!!!!! nearly half way through a matter of honour fab book,thanks to FLORENCE showing me where i could get it from.

wynterxx

TameFarrar
March 26th, 2005, 08:41 AM

That is so sweet....and it is almost like a little *pictorial* peek Behind the scenes :D

Ya know something happened at the end of Moebious that made me wonder when Jack walks by Sam carrying the ZPM he stops sort of behind her and Sam jumps just a little bit.....Do you think he was giving her a little *nudge, nudge* with his elbow as he went by? :D

wynter
March 26th, 2005, 08:43 AM
That is so sweet....and it is almost like a little *pictorial* peek Behind the scenes :D

Ya know something happened at the end of Moebious that made me wonder when Jack walks by Sam carrying the ZPM he stops sort of behind her and Sam jumps just a little bit.....Do you think he was giving her a little *nudge, nudge* with his elbow as he went by? :D

you know what TAME i thought that aswell hmmmm nice thought could live with that easily.....

wynterxx

samplusjackequalsgrace
March 26th, 2005, 08:58 AM
Hi! i'm so very happy. happy happy happy.

sam and jack for ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kri
March 26th, 2005, 09:10 AM
[Good morning every lil shipper! I rewatched M2 last night and promptly went to bed. I come back and it looks like Tame has been partying all night! And then y'all up and go to a new thread without me! Alas, I am a forgiving person, and I came to see if there was any cake left for breakfast ;)

LOL4JACK
March 26th, 2005, 09:20 AM
[Good morning every lil shipper! I rewatched M2 last night and promptly went to bed. I come back and it looks like Tame has been partying all night! And then y'all up and go to a new thread without me! Alas, I am a forgiving person, and I came to see if there was any cake left for breakfast ;)
:p Kri, you inspired me last night during the party... your pictures of the SGC convention and how you decided to make your dreams come true!

When is the next SGC convention? do you know where can I get this info? unfortunatly I guess no hopes of meeting RDA... me to would just die and panic if I had him in front of me :D :D :D :D :D

TameFarrar
March 26th, 2005, 09:24 AM
LOl hey I slept :D... I had to watch SG-1 twice...oh the joy :D... the Sci-Fi channel fitzed out on me during the taping of SGA so I of course had to re-watch M2 and see if I ahd missed anything :D
then re-tapr SGA

I had a few more thoughts about M2 and why I think Sam & Jack had been there quite a while bfeor anyone showed up there at the end.... Sam & Jack were sitting all comfy at the lake, they had all of their stuff sitting around, drinks, fishing equipment and the like and they looked like they had been sitting there a while....also they would have needed time to have gotten that all set up :) ssssssooooooo I am thinking that they had to have been there long before Daniel and Teal'c got there since D7T were just NOW carrying their stuff up and over to the lake.
secondly, Jack told Sam to pack...TO PACK so that means she was going to be gone for at least overnight....right? :D :D so I am chosing to believe that Sam & Jack had at least one night of just the two of them there at the cabin. maybe THAT is why JM said he thought the resolution for Sam & Jack was *obvious* :D

TameFarrar
March 26th, 2005, 09:29 AM
:p Kri, you inspired me last night during the party... your pictures of the SGC convention and how you decided to make your dreams come true!

When is the next SGC convention? do you know where can I get this info? unfortunatly I guess no hopes of meeting RDA... me to would just die and panic if I had him in front of me :D :D :D :D :D
I am not Kri.... not that dang cute ;) but I can tell you that the next con is April 15-17 in Vancouver. myself, Shipperahoy, Marimba26, Kiwigater, DJFavorite and ShadowMaat are all meeting up and going to this con together :D

I think between the 6 of us we plan to take over 1000 pictures :D :D or at least try to come close. I know there are still tickets for sale over on the Creation site http://www.creationent.com/cal/sgvan.htm

and the list of guests is pretty impressive
CHRISTOPHER JUDGE
MICHAEL SHANKS
TERYL ROTHERY
DON DAVIS
MARTIN WOOD (Stargate SG-1
(TV series) - Director,Co-producer, Stargate: Atlantis (TV series) - Director ,Co-producer)
N. JOHN SMITH (Stargate: Atlantis and Stargate SG-1 Co-executive Producer. He will appear on stage and sign autographs for fans.)
TONY AMENDOLA
PETER WILLIAMS
DAN SHEA (RDA's stunt double on the series).
BRUCE WOLOSHYN special effects

Kri
March 26th, 2005, 09:34 AM

if you go to www.creationent.com you can look up all the Stargate conventions around the country (and as Tame pointed out, Canada too!). They are definitely a lot of fun! I'd love to go to Vancouver, hopefully next year :D

Kri
March 26th, 2005, 09:38 AM
LOl hey I slept :D... I had to watch SG-1 twice...oh the joy :D... the Sci-Fi channel fitzed out on me during the taping of SGA so I of course had to re-watch M2 and see if I ahd missed anything :D
then re-tapr SGA

I had a few more thoughts about M2 and why I think Sam & Jack had been there quite a while bfeor anyone showed up there at the end.... Sam & Jack were sitting all comfy at the lake, they had all of their stuff sitting around, drinks, fishing equipment and the like and they looked like they had been sitting there a while....also they would have needed time to have gotten that all set up :) ssssssooooooo I am thinking that they had to have been there long before Daniel and Teal'c got there since D7T were just NOW carrying their stuff up and over to the lake.
secondly, Jack told Sam to pack...TO PACK so that means she was going to be gone for at least overnight....right? :D :D so I am chosing to believe that Sam & Jack had at least one night of just the two of them there at the cabin. maybe THAT is why JM said he thought the resolution for Sam & Jack was *obvious* :D

I totally agree with you! and I LOVED the way that Jack said the word "packing". It sent shivers down my spine, and probably Sam's too!

Now, I have decided that I need to stay away from the JM Q&A thread. I was none too happy to read that Sam's reasons for being away at the beginning of S9 are going to be business related, not personal. And I am also hacked off that TPTB are not only introducing a new leader of the SGC and a new team leader for SG-1, but also a new CMO! I'd be livid if I were Teryl.

Kri
March 26th, 2005, 09:44 AM
I am not Kri.... not that dang cute ;)
Whatever! Your pic on your profile is beautiful! I'd love to have some nice thick hair :D [/QUOTE]

but I can tell you that the next con is April 15-17 in Vancouver. myself, Shipperahoy, Marimba26, Kiwigater, DJFavorite and ShadowMaat are all meeting up and going to this con together :D

LUCKYYYYYYYYYYYY!!! It is always more fun to go with friends too. My first con last year was just Christy and I, and we managed to have a lot of fun and make friends with a bunch of people there. This year, since it was local, it was easier to get more friends to go along.

I think between the 6 of us we plan to take over 1000 pictures :D :D or at least try to come close. I know there are still tickets for sale over on the Creation site http://www.creationent.com/cal/sgvan.htm

CHRISTOPHER JUDGE
MICHAEL SHANKS
TERYL ROTHERY
DON DAVIS
(TV series) - Director,Co-producer, Stargate: Atlantis (TV series) - Director ,Co-producer)
N. JOHN SMITH (Stargate: Atlantis and Stargate SG-1 Co-executive Producer. He will appear on stage and sign autographs for fans.)
TONY AMENDOLA
PETER WILLIAMS

I missed seeing Tony this year. You guys will have a blast with everyone else too! I'll go look at the schedule to see who will be there together. Look out if Peter, CJ and/or Shanks are there on the same day. Chances are they went partying the night before ;) And that's all I'll say :cool:

BrenRen
March 26th, 2005, 09:45 AM
Here I aaammm!!!

Was a little confused when I first logged in... Thanx for the archiving, Ship Step Mum! :D

As for last night's party, I curled up in a corner with my Godiva and caught up on some of the drama I'd missed last week.... Which sent the muse into a major sulking fit.... but I'm trying to drag her back out. I've got free time for the next week and I want to make good use of it!

Sooo..... I went and dug up a little something I wrote a while back, the vows I wrote for Sam & Jack's wedding in my Falling Through Grace (http://67.182.119.200/Web/Fanfic/Falling%20Through%20Grace.html)story, and made a little wallpaper they inspired. Hope you like.... Since its so large and shrinking it loses the text, I'm just gonna give ya the link:
http://67.182.119.200/Web/Collages%20and%20Artwork/Screensaver%20Art/The%20Vows (http://67.182.119.200/Web/Collages%20and%20Artwork/Screensaver%20Art/The%20Vows)

hobbitsrul
March 26th, 2005, 09:49 AM
:D Moebius 2 was great!!! And how was that kiss!! There was sparks flying and everything!! Even if it wasn't the "real" Sam and Jack they were still pretty close. :D :D I especially liked the part where Daniel was like "OK it's safe to come out now" and Jack's like "In a minute" with this loving look in his eyes and then they kissed AGAIN!! WOO HOO!!!! :D :D I liked the rest of the show too. I thought M2 was all around fantastic. :D Good way to end the season. :)

hobbitsrul

LOL4JACK
March 26th, 2005, 10:10 AM
I am not Kri.... not that dang cute ;) but I can tell you that the next con is April 15-17 in Vancouver. myself, Shipperahoy, Marimba26, Kiwigater, DJFavorite and ShadowMaat are all meeting up and going to this con together :D

CHRISTOPHER JUDGE
MICHAEL SHANKS
TERYL ROTHERY
DON DAVIS
TONY AMENDOLA
PETER WILLIAMS
Thank you so much, it will be difficult to be at Vancouver, but I checked the other conventions and there are so many closer from home....!!!!!!!!!!

I'm hooked!

Hobbitsrule, I'll eagerly wait for the pictures, thanks,

Rina

TameFarrar
March 26th, 2005, 10:26 AM
Well hopefully Amanda will be coming to some of the conventions later this year :D...She was *The One* I really wanted want to meet but I guess giving birth is a little more important then meeting me ;)...

If they were to have one closer AND be able to give set tours I would have jumped on it...but Alas this (Vancouver) is the only one that. Plus we are hoping that if we slip over to the Studios Friday morning they will still be doing a bit of filming and we will get to see a bit :D :D

Maybe even RDA will be around but I doubt it...maybe Ben.....;) But for me this convention is a *Once in a Lifetime* event so I am really pulling out all of the stops and trying to do everything.... Now if I canjust get a good list of questions AND have a really good one about Sam & Jack..:D I will be set

Thank you Kri for your very kind words :D :D

LOL4JACK
March 26th, 2005, 10:30 AM
:D Moebius 2 was great!!! And how was that kiss!! There was sparks flying and everything!! Even if it wasn't the "real" Sam and Jack they were still pretty close. :D :D I especially liked the part where Daniel was like "OK it's safe to come out now" and Jack's like "In a minute" with this loving look in his eyes and then they kissed AGAIN!! WOO HOO!!!! :D :D I liked the rest of the show too. I thought M2 was all around fantastic. :D Good way to end the season. :)

hobbitsrul
My 2 cents on THE kiss!!!! Yes they where Alt S/J, but... Alt Jack was very much the same as our Jack, I did not see any difference in him... Alt Sam was just a little bit more geeky, but hey she is not in the military, so basically I did not see them as far aways as our S/J...

So bottom line, Jack thinks she is HOT because she is smart :p and Sam thinks that he is gorgeous :p :p and this is any any timeline... hey they where even married in another world!

So it was an almost real kiss, or at least the kiss that we would have if the famous "chain of comand" would not be in the way! :(

Rina

PS: Wooohooo I'm a mature symbiot... I can't wait for my next coming of age party!!!

Zika
March 26th, 2005, 10:34 AM
Well, now I'm from Denmark, so it's realy not that easy to get to a conversation! :(

But if there comes one in Germany with AT, MS and CJ I think I'll go there! Or well it have to be in the northern area of Germeny! And if RDA came I would sertanly go!!

Just seeing RDA and AT or Sam and Jack together in reality!! :p

Zika

TameFarrar
March 26th, 2005, 10:48 AM
THAT would be the ultimate...RDA & Amanda taking questions AND answering them honestly :D..... unless of course they don't agree with us about the relationship...then no questions..:P just pictures :D ;)

Token
March 26th, 2005, 11:22 AM
<snip>
Now, I have decided that I need to stay away from the JM Q&A thread. I was none too happy to read that Sam's reasons for being away at the beginning of S9 are going to be business related, not personal. And I am also hacked off that TPTB are not only introducing a new leader of the SGC and a new team leader for SG-1, but also a new CMO! I'd be livid if I were Teryl.

I was shocked and disappointed when I read that. :( Then I started digesting it in the overall direction of Season 9. Here's my thoughts. It could be a good thing that she is off on a mission at the beginning and not with Jack in Washington. Remember, we will be seeing Jack with no Sam in the first 5 episodes. If they were together "together" that would be weird. So when AT comes back to film, TPTB will need to straighten out how Sam and Jack will be "together"; hopefully, that will be by having them have talk, kiss, whatever. :p Hope this makes sense. :S I'm just trying to stay positive! :cool:

Oma-1
March 26th, 2005, 11:27 AM
Those would be his O'Neill Special omelettes :D :D

Zika
March 26th, 2005, 11:32 AM
THAT would be the ultimate...RDA & Amanda taking questions AND answering them honestly :D..... unless of course they don't agree with us about the relationship...then no questions..:P just pictures :D ;)
Year!! :D hehe!

Just having them side by side talking about the Sam/Jack relationship!!!

Zika

BrenRen
March 26th, 2005, 11:51 AM
<snip>
Now, I have decided that I need to stay away from the JM Q&A thread.I was none too happy to read that Sam's reasons for being away at the beginning of S9 are going to be business related, not personal. And I am also hacked off that TPTB are not only introducing a new leader of the SGC and a new team leader for SG-1, but also a new CMO! I'd be livid if I were Teryl.

I was shocked and disappointed when I read that. :( Then I started digesting it in the overall direction of Season 9. Here's my thoughts. It could be a good thing that she is off on a mission at the beginning and not with Jack in Washington. Remember, we will be seeing Jack with no Sam in the first 5 episodes. If they were together "together" that would be weird. So when AT comes back to film, TPTB will need to straighten out how Sam and Jack will be "together"; hopefully, that will be by having them have talk, kiss, whatever. :p Hope this makes sense. :S I'm just trying to stay positive! :cool:

Well dang it! I think I'm just gonna pretend I never read that. My nearly inexistant enthusiasm for Season Nine is waning fast... Time to go dig up some good Fic!!

Sam & Jack Together Forever!! Sam & Jack Together Forever!!

I feel better now....

girlgater
March 26th, 2005, 12:05 PM
With M2 airing last night in the US, I'd like to say that I understand the whole alternative time reality stuff (better than I did when everyone was kind enough to spoil me when it aired in the UK), but the truth is I really don't, but I guess it doesn't matter anyway. I liked M2 well enough, but if only it could have been our Sam & Jack making out in the jumper! I'm sure they are together, but I want something more...preferrably a kiss or open relationship declaration! I know...I want it all which is something my husband complains about all the time--and yes, he's right. I do want it all. Perhaps we'll get something more in S9. Here's hoping! :D

sierragulf_gurl_23
March 26th, 2005, 12:18 PM
My 2 cents on THE kiss!!!! Yes they where Alt S/J, but... Alt Jack was very much the same as our Jack, I did not see any difference in him... Alt Sam was just a little bit more geeky, but hey she is not in the military, so basically I did not see them as far aways as our S/J...

So bottom line, Jack thinks she is HOT because she is smart :p and Sam thinks that he is gorgeous :p :p and this is any any timeline... hey they where even married in another world!

So it was an almost real kiss, or at least the kiss that we would have if the famous "chain of comand" would not be in the way! :(

Rina

PS: Wooohooo I'm a mature symbiot... I can't wait for my next coming of age party!!!

Rina-congrats on the mature symbiote promotion;me too!-, I could not agree with you more...I could try, but I would not be succesful :D it was so amazing, that kiss. my mouth dropped when he said she was "so hot" and was actuallytaking about Sam!
AT played geeky-sam really well and the awkwardness of it was great.this goes right there with my fave shipper episodes :D :D :D :D
and was it me or did Jackimply that he thought Daniel was...queerthat was what my dad told me but I didn't believe him until later...who knows?... ;) :D

lord-anubis
March 26th, 2005, 12:34 PM
Rina-congrats on the mature symbiote promotion;me too!-, I could not agree with you more...I could try, but I would not be succesful :D it was so amazing, that kiss. my mouth dropped when he said she was "so hot" and was actuallytaking about Sam!
AT played geeky-sam really well and the awkwardness of it was great.this goes right there with my fave shipper episodes :D :D :D :D
and was it me or did Jackimply that he thought Daniel was...queerthat was what my dad told me but I didn't believe him until later...who knows?... ;) :D

yeah i did not that jack was saying daniel was queer but after watching it again after some one told me i think that now

Queen_Bee
March 26th, 2005, 01:55 PM
Ahoy fine shippers

whats the news?

yay- we have a new shipper home....full of lurve and positivity.

i have been to the other shipper "resort" and there are heaps of people i know over there...hopefully they decide to post here aswell

does anyone know whats happened with Caty..
i heard something about her leaving :(..dont know if this was just rumour ..or i just mis read SueKays parting post..hmmmm

well big shipper hugs
and thanks to those that helped me get a glowing green square of lurve
:)

hugs,
Bee

Rogue
March 26th, 2005, 02:17 PM
Yeah, they are both taking a vacation from the thread. Hopefully they will be back soon. I think they are posting on suekays forum.

major_flaming_toaster
March 26th, 2005, 02:43 PM
Here's a thought:
SPOILERS(Highlight)
I was just thinking after seeing Moebius 2 yesterday, the fish in O'Neill's pond means they changed something, right? So, thinking of the current info on season 9, if JM said Carter and O'Neill did not get married and O'Neill didn't retire for her (this is what I heard) maybe they're already together. They changed the whole fish in the pond thing, who knows. Just a thought.

ses110
March 26th, 2005, 02:52 PM
Ok let me get this straight.Sam and Jack have waited to be together for 8 Years the Regs are not an issue anymore Pete's gone Kerry's gone and We're suppose to believe Sam and Jack are not together to start Season 9.I guess Sam had enough of Jack and needs to be away from him and the rest of Sg-1 to start the Season.IMO Season 8 was horrible and the Sam and Jack non resolution was horrible and I'am suppose to give TPTB another Year to yank my chain.I think not.In case TPTB are wondering these are the reason they lost my as a fan.

Sam fan
March 26th, 2005, 03:05 PM
OH yay we have anew home! iT's beautiful! and so posative(kind of) lol. The converstaion is flowing! I love it! I think for season 9- we all kind of have a decision to make- if they decide not to have Sam and Jack together in the first-i'll give it 10-episodes then we make a choice and accept it's ever going to happen as Ses said there is no reason for it not to happen now- i think. And hey we can just make up our own ending if all comes to all. lol!

By the way thanks again (for those of you whodidn't see it) for making me a God! Thank you soo much- i think i'm the only god with under 500 posts and it really means alot to me, thanks for all the rep guys. Love you loads!!

Also,
As you can see i have two banners in my sig, let me knwo which one you prefer- i have this problem every time, lol i don't know how to choose, i also have a few more shippy ones to show you all- I think you'll like them, but i'll have to do that tomorrow cause I'm so tired it's unblievable! Left the house at 8 for work and didn't get back til 7 pm so as you can tell i'm aout ready to drop. Love to you all!
Shipper love and cuddles!!
Amy
xxx

ses110
March 26th, 2005, 03:07 PM
Tame I'am one of the Fans that have slipped away.Season 9 has not started yet and TPTB are already back to there old ways with the handling of the Sam and Jack Ship.It sounds like Jack will not be in enough of Season 9 for me to watch the show.I have no desire to watch the Daniel and BB Show.I mean no disrespect but IMO CJ AT and MS have proven time and again they cannot carry the Show without RDA.You give RDA any guest character and he has carried the Show with no problem.I may be wrong but I do not remember 1 bad episode that was Jack heavy.In regards to Sam and Jack even if RDA is in more than episodes 1 and 3 there will be very little time to have any meaningful Sam and Jack Ship resolution.TPTB have left themselves in a very bad spot.If we never see Sam and Jack together on screen again what do TPTB do if they want another Boyfriend for Sam.IMO the Sam character and the Show will never survive anyone else except Jack for Sam.

Cassie
March 26th, 2005, 03:47 PM

CHRISTOPHER JUDGE
MICHAEL SHANKS
TERYL ROTHERY
DON DAVIS
TONY AMENDOLA
PETER WILLIAMS

Have Fun TameFarrar and take lots of pics!!!!
My first convention was last Feb. one wasn't able to see CJ.
Would have gone to this one but I'm in college
books or convention tough one!!! :P
HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!

florence
March 26th, 2005, 04:03 PM
Since it's VERY late here, I'm just going to make one post. Hope I won't forget anything :p

* I'm very happy you liked my little Behind the Scene (sort of ;) ) scene :)

* Forever, love the banner :D

* Bren, love the wallpaper :D (there are so many talented people in this Family ! :) )

* wynter, you're welcome ;) That was nothing, just a shipper helping another shipper ;)
Did you love the book ? As for me, I loved it and I can't wait for the 2nd part (is it summer yet ? ;) )

That's it. Did I forget anything ? :S Well I'll check tomorrow cause it's really too late to do it now ! :p

samplusjackequalsgrace
March 26th, 2005, 04:28 PM
hi just had a very odd idea. spoilers highlight to read:what if sam and jack are great-great descendants of their alternate timeline selves?

Cassie
March 26th, 2005, 04:50 PM
hi just had a very odd idea. spoilers highlight to read:what if sam and jack are great-great descendants of their alternate timeline selves?

I'm not sure but that would just be freaky :D I'm still confused over the whole AU timeline in M2 also does anyone understand this what were they going to do 2 weeks from now?
Sam: Apparently nothing we did affected the timeline.
Jack: But we didn't do anything.
Sam: Not yet. Apparently we were going to, 2 weeks from now. But now we don't have to.
Jack: Excellent. That's it! I like it!

and last but not least
WELCOME samplusjackequalsgrace!!!! long name but a very good name :D :D

Uber
March 26th, 2005, 05:14 PM
I'm not sure but that would just be freaky :D I'm still confused over the whole AU timeline in M2 also does anyone understand this what were they going to do 2 weeks from now?
Sam: Apparently nothing we did affected the timeline.
Jack: But we didn't do anything.
Sam: Not yet. Apparently we were going to, 2 weeks from now. But now we don't have to.
Jack: Excellent. That's it! I like it!

and last but not least
WELCOME samplusjackequalsgrace!!!! long name but a very good name :D :D
Hey everyone! Here's something I've been working on since last night...

CAUTION - it contains spoilers for Threads and Moebius 2!!!!

ENJOY!

http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/ingredients.gif

:D:D:D:D:D

dipsofjazz
March 26th, 2005, 05:29 PM

ENJOY!

:D ROFL!! Uber...I love this! :D So many wonderful scenes.

lord-anubis
March 26th, 2005, 05:36 PM

ENJOY!

lol thats great i think i well save it

Cassie
March 26th, 2005, 05:36 PM

ENJOY!

hehehehehe!!!! Thanks Uber! Angst my favorite! :P
Not a lot of shippers around tonight I guess everyone is recovering from a hangover! <jk>

Elkeli
March 26th, 2005, 05:45 PM
hehehehehe!!!! Thanks Uber! Angst my favorite! :P
Not a lot of shippers around tonight I guess everyone is recovering from a hangover! <jk>

You've hit the nail right on the head there....however i'm not sure how many are recovering from a RL hangover as I am lol.

UBER YOU ARE A GOD! heheehe awesome job. I'd rep you but i'm not allowed, if I remember i'll do it later.

Uber
March 26th, 2005, 06:03 PM
You've hit the nail right on the head there....however i'm not sure how many are recovering from a RL hangover as I am lol.

UBER YOU ARE A GOD! heheehe awesome job. I'd rep you but i'm not allowed, if I remember i'll do it later.
*ÜberSG-1Fan glances up at rating* Nope. I am a well-known threat to the System Lords but not a god yet... :D

I really enjoyed doing that photo essay. I had the idea late last night after watching M2...

btw, JM answered my Atlantis questions! I have been acknowledged by the Great Mallozzi himself... *happy sigh* :p

Some Sam news for Season 9 per JM her disappearance in early Season 9 will be PURELY business related... :(

LtColSamONeill
March 26th, 2005, 06:33 PM

ENJOY!

Brilliant!!!!!

Elkeli
March 26th, 2005, 06:35 PM
*ÜberSG-1Fan glances up at rating* Nope. I am a well-known threat to the System Lords but not a god yet... :D

I really enjoyed doing that photo essay. I had the idea late last night after watching M2...

btw, JM answered my Atlantis questions! I have been acknowledged by the Great Mallozzi himself... *happy sigh* :p

Some Sam news for Season 9 per JM her disappearance in early Season 9 will be PURELY business related... :(

I didn't mean you were a system lord, I was talking about your ability to manipulate the greatness that is that gif lol, don't be nit-picky :P

Uber
March 26th, 2005, 06:40 PM
I didn't mean you were a system lord, I was talking about your ability to manipulate the greatness that is that gif lol, don't be nit-picky :P
I know...

:D:D:D

I gotta be careful...People don't always recognize my lame sense of humor sometimes...

:D:D:D

ON EDIT: I forgot to say thank you, btw. So...Thank You! :D

TameFarrar
March 26th, 2005, 06:49 PM
Tame I'am one of the Fans that have slipped away.Season 9 has not started yet and TPTB are already back to there old ways with the handling of the Sam and Jack Ship.It sounds like Jack will not be in enough of Season 9 for me to watch the show.I have no desire to watch the Daniel and BB Show.I mean no disrespect but IMO CJ AT and MS have proven time and again they cannot carry the Show without RDA.You give RDA any guest character and he has carried the Show with no problem.I may be wrong but I do not remember 1 bad episode that was Jack heavy.In regards to Sam and Jack even if RDA is in more than episodes 1 and 3 there will be very little time to have any meaningful Sam and Jack Ship resolution.TPTB have left themselves in a very bad spot.If we never see Sam and Jack together on screen again what do TPTB do if they want another Boyfriend for Sam.IMO the Sam character and the Show will never survive anyone else except Jack for Sam.
Ses I do understand your disillusionment with TPTB and I am sure you are not alone....just read around the forum and you can see that many fans haven't been happy with the last season for many reasons :)

I am not going to get to annoyed just yet though :) Season 9 has just started filming and it has already been said by the Sci-Fi channel that they wanted a *known series star* that has a proven track record in leading a series so I am not worried that things will become the MS & BB show. However, Ben Browder has already proven himself as a charismatic leading man and I will give him a chance to breath new life into SG-1

As far as TPTB and Sam & Jack...well JM made the statement in his Q & A that it was *Obvious* to him the resolution of Sam & JAck...they have begun to explore a relationship together.

Yes it isn't what we wanted and many were disappointed BUT for me..I am *chosing* to forget TPTB and just enjoy what *I* see and what I want to see. I am not going to get my hopes up but I am not going to let them drag me down either.

Just like last season I will wait and see what the show has to offer. I like Ben Browder alot and I know what he is capable of. I know what Amanda can do as well so hopefully we will see some good come out of this whole *New Team* thing and hopefully the Ship will survive. JM may say things and be vague but he isn't writing the whole show nor is he in charge of its direction. So while I appreciate that he does answer questions and I respect him...I don't trust his answers anymore then I can guess what will happen.

I just refuse to be angry over something I have yet to see. I also refuse to let them ruin the things I love about the show. I may not give them my $$ and I may not write them and say *hey good job* BUT I will give the actors a chance to dazzle me and I will reserve my judgement.

Sam & Jack will be the ONLY ship I invest in and I WON'T let anything ruin my fun here talking about it. So TPTB can do what they want I have ways of making myself happy ...hehehehe :D

TameFarrar
March 26th, 2005, 06:52 PM
Have Fun TameFarrar and take lots of pics!!!!
My first convention was last Feb. one wasn't able to see CJ.
Would have gone to this one but I'm in college
books or convention tough one!!! :P
HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks Cassie...I really do plan on having a great time :D... I am trying to write down some questions for each panel in regars to the show. I highly doubt that Martin Wood or N John Smith will know much about SG-1 or Sam & Jack ....but I may figure out a way to ask :D...any ideas?????

I hope to have a bunch of pics and I will definitely share them as soon as I return :D

TameFarrar
March 26th, 2005, 06:55 PM

ENJOY!

That was so sweet and a great job. Sam & Jack romance is *almost* as much work as you put into making that :D

lord-anubis
March 26th, 2005, 06:57 PM
hey guys who do you think well be jacks best man at sam and his widding daniel,teal'c or thor

Uber
March 26th, 2005, 07:00 PM
hey guys who do you think well be jacks best man at sam and his widding daniel,teal'c or thor
Wedding??? Let them have their first date first....which, if I use their current rate of progress, should be sometime after Season 22... :D

Best man...Hmm. I'd have to say Teal'c. He is like Jack's much, MUCH older, wiser brother...

Uber
March 26th, 2005, 07:01 PM
That was so sweet and a great job. Sam & Jack romance is *almost* as much work as you put into making that :D
(((((Tame))))

Thank you! But it only took me a day to do that project. Sam and Jack, well, that's still in progress... :D

Elkeli
March 26th, 2005, 07:07 PM
Wedding??? Let them have their first date first....which, if I use their current rate of progress, should be sometime after Season 22... :D

Best man...Hmm. I'd have to say Teal'c. He is like Jack's much, MUCH older, wiser brother...

I think Teal'c is the best choice, Daniel can be a bride's maid.

Buc252
March 26th, 2005, 07:08 PM
Ok let me get this straight.Sam and Jack have waited to be together for 8 Years the Regs are not an issue anymore Pete's gone Kerry's gone and We're suppose to believe Sam and Jack are not together to start Season 9.I guess Sam had enough of Jack and needs to be away from him and the rest of Sg-1 to start the Season.IMO Season 8 was horrible and the Sam and Jack non resolution was horrible and I'am suppose to give TPTB another Year to yank my chain.I think not.In case TPTB are wondering these are the reason they lost my as a fan.

It won't let me green rep you, but bravo, and a standing ovation, on your post. I'm with you 100%, and on exactly the same page as you are.

Think we should run over the the "Ask JM" thread and red ding him? <vbEEg> (Just joking! Not that I'm not tempted!)

gatewatcher
March 26th, 2005, 07:14 PM
hello all just checking in. I see we have a new place to play! maybe I can remember what page I'm on ( LOL )
I guess I missed the big party, DARN......
Oh, well maybe next time. I really enjoyed M2 last night. I need to watch it again, though. Really like the explosive kiss even though it was AU Jack and Sam.......I did like watching the two of them together
I will see you all tomorrow evening probably
I hope you all have a HAPPY EASTER!! God bless you all.

Cassie
March 26th, 2005, 07:14 PM

Yep I think it shouuld be Teal'c. Jack and him have a lot in common. Thor could be the little one that carries the rings!

Buc252
March 26th, 2005, 07:18 PM

I agree that it would be Teal'c. Much of the time, I don't think that Jack and Daniel are that fond of each other; at least not as much as most of the fan base seems to think. Heck, if Sam wasn't there to block tackle, they'd killed each other years ago.

Lynn
March 26th, 2005, 07:27 PM

ENJOY!

Absolutely brilliant - I love it!!!

BTW - Please let them not be in an AU in Season 9 - if so I know I won't be able to deal. For those of you old enough to remember, it would be like "Dallas" all over again - who shot JR? Who cares it was all a dream in a shower!!!!!!!

Cassie
March 26th, 2005, 07:34 PM
Good night shippers!
Hope everyone has a GREAT EASTER!!! :D with lots of CHOCOCLATE!
(((((shipper family)))))

gatebee
March 26th, 2005, 07:38 PM

ENJOY!

that is just amazing, amazing....what can say but look at it again and drool....thanks for sharing

trupi
March 26th, 2005, 07:48 PM
Does anyone know when M2 was filmed? AT looked pretty rounded in the episode.

lord-anubis
March 26th, 2005, 07:55 PM
I think Teal'c is the best choice, Daniel can be a bride's maid.

lol i would love to see that teal'c would need his staff weapon just in case if pete trys to stop the wedding and they should stop any one when the part about if any does not think thses people should be together speak now.

Uber
March 26th, 2005, 07:57 PM
lol i would love to see that teal'c would need his staff weapon just in case if pete trys to stop the wedding and they should stop any one when the part about if any does not think thses people should be together speak now.
That would more than likely be Daniel...since he is well known by all Stargate fans for 2 things:

1. A lousy sense of timing.
2. Dying.

sacme
March 26th, 2005, 07:58 PM

that's exactly what I was thinking when I wrote that.

"smart minds..."

ship sistah :p

lord-anubis
March 26th, 2005, 08:04 PM
That would more than likely be Daniel...since he is well known by all Stargate fans for 2 things:

1. A lousy sense of timing.
2. Dying.

true maybe teal'c should just shoot daniel before the wedding just to be safe daniel would be back week and he could just watch a video of what he missed

sacme
March 26th, 2005, 08:16 PM
(((((((Sally))))))))

I'm a Trekker first and always ... but Trek is like a boyfriend that's moved out of town. You try to keep up the relationship, but then this hot Adonias moves into the apartment across from yours, reaches his hand out to you and says, "Come through the gate with me!"

I mean, come on. A girl's gotta do... :D

Seriously though, Trek didn't do near as good a job as Stargate regarding ship IMHO. I wanted Riker/Troi and Picard/Crusher but the connection was just not as well maintained as it has been with Stargate...sure, there was an ep here and there that showed the connection...and Troi had her Pete, um, I mean Worf to deal with...

GAGH, my eyes!!!

Sorry, I'm still trying to recover from that story arc. Must ..keep.. bile.. down. What is it with me and my ships? Too long to resolve, lots of tease, a terrible side relationship. Deja phooey!

ship sistah

Elkeli
March 26th, 2005, 08:21 PM
Hey guys, was just watching 2010 with mum when I noticed something from one of the scenes ive seen about a HUNDRED times before lol....

When Sam goes to ask Jack for help at the cabin she's like

"turns out me made a huge mistake"

then he says something along the lines of

"which one, we've made a few"

he's SOOOO alluding to the fact that something happened between them during the past ten years, something that is obviously unresolved!

Uber
March 26th, 2005, 08:22 PM
GAGH, my eyes!!!

Sorry, I'm still trying to recover from that story arc. Must ..keep.. bile.. down. What is it with me and my ships? Too long to resolve, lots of tease, a terrible side relationship. Deja phooey!

ship sistah
Amen to that, Sistah!!!

Stargate's done a lot better than Trek regarding ship IMHO.

sacme
March 26th, 2005, 08:30 PM

(((((((((ses110))))))))

brother, I'm here for you.

ship sistah

Elkeli
March 26th, 2005, 08:38 PM
GAGH, my eyes!!!

ship sistah

While its HUGELY frustrating, any ship that has an almost instantaneous satisfaction isn't going to be very interesting for very long. The longer they draw it out the longer we'll invest in it. Its ok to get a ship over and down with in the arc of a film, because closure is usually given toward the end. In a long running tv series they have to ensure continued viewership and apparently they think the best way to do that is to send us all loopy!

majorsal
March 26th, 2005, 08:39 PM

I saw that too! I wasn't sure if it was Sam's reaction to Jack's remark (you've got packing to do), or that he nudged her when he walked by. I brought this up to the S/J list but no one replied. I assumed because the idea was too stupid or something. :p But then again, I'd wondered if he'd nudged her on the butt or something then, so maybe that's why they didn't reply (they were laughing at me too much). :p

Sally :)

LtColSamONeill
March 26th, 2005, 08:41 PM
My thoughts on Mobieus 2 and Season 9...........

I liked M2 for what it was. I did think it moved to fast and that they , the TPB, didn't give it the time and attention it deserved, considering they thought it was to be a Series Finale. It makes me sad more than angry for everyone, the actors and fans alike.

I thought the episodes as a whole were funny. AT and MS did great jobs as the "nerdy" Sam and Daniel, maybe a little over the top, but I guess thats what the writers wanted. I liked Jack better in the second half, he was a bit annoying in the first half. Chris Judge also did a really nice job as Teal'c in the second part.

As for the kiss......wished it hadn't been in the alternate timeline, but I liked it, not only for the kiss itself, but for the look on Sams face. Watch how she looks at him when he's talking to Daniel on the walkie talkie. I think she was feeling something that she didn't quite understand for this guy that she thinks she hardly knows (but I think the feelings are there no matter what timeline they are in). Another thing is when she said to him, "I wanted to get to know you better. usually I'm a very cautious person, I tend to think things through......" and then Jack kisses her. So this Sam was more emotional, whereas our Sam was more technical, so to speak. They were sort of switching places in their respective timelines.

Overall, good episode, not really up to season ender statis, but I can live with it.

Now on to Season 9. Yes, I will be watching because I like Ben Browder and Claudia Black. If it weren't for them, I probably wouldn't have watched until Amanda came back. I believe it will actually be good for Amanda and for the character of Sam that Jack won't be her direct superior officer. She'll be able to concentrate on the job at hand, not really having to answer to someone of a higher rank (I believe her and BBs character are the same rank). I think it'll be good for Amanda because she can play the character more as her own person, more relaxed and happy because Sams in a real relationship now, although off screen. She can hold up the ship by herself, maybe getting phone calls from Jack or mentioning him from time to time, perhaps getting a video call from him (if RDA wouldn't mind taping one or two) just so we don't go ship dry. I don't think it's right that Sam should lose command of SG-1, but I'll wait and see how it plays out.

Those are my thoughts, sort of a wait and see on Season 9.

LOL4JACK
March 26th, 2005, 08:42 PM
Yep I think it shouuld be Teal'c. Jack and him have a lot in common. Thor could be the little one that carries the rings!
I agree... I love the idea of Thor carrying the rings... and Daniel can walk the bride...

ses110
March 26th, 2005, 08:42 PM
Thanks sacme.It good to hear from you.I wonder if TPTB are now saying Sam is away on business and not with Jack because TPTB cannot get RDA to appear in more than episode 1 and 3.I hope that's not the case.I just find it hard to believe all the problems of Sam and Jack being together seem to be removed and there still not together to start Season 9.Something is up.

LOL4JACK
March 26th, 2005, 08:51 PM

Overall, good episode, not really up to season ender statis, but I can live with it.

Another thought for M2 the producers thought that this would be the series finale, so they did all the action stuff in the previous episodes and left the "obvious resolution" (in JM words) for the series finale... that means that they wanted us to end with the thought that S/J where together and they left THAT for the series finale!!!!

What do you guys think? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Rina

Uber
March 26th, 2005, 08:55 PM
Another thought for M2 the producers thought that this would be the series finale, so they did all the action stuff in the previous episodes and left the "obvious resolution" (in JM words) for the series finale... that means that they wanted us to end with the thought that S/J where together and they left THAT for the series finale!!!!

What do you guys think? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Rina
I think you're on to something there...

They didn't know there'd be a Season 9 when they filmed Moebius so the comments made by Jack to Sam at the end of Moebius 2 obviously were not originally intended as a lead in for her going off an doing something work-related...

Hey - I'm happy with the belief that S/J will eventually live happily ever after. I mean, we finally got our fishing trip...so miracles can happen!

majorsal
March 26th, 2005, 08:55 PM

spoilers/speculation for s9
I was disappointed too (not a good idea do upset a pmsing woman, ptb! :p). But then I started thinking a bit like you. I HAVE to hold onto some hope or I'll just have to drop this whole thing. (don't listen to me, I'm pmsing).

Thus ends my G-rated version of this post. :p

ses110
March 26th, 2005, 08:59 PM
Tame you make some great points but IMO SG-1 can never be the Show I Loved without Jack and Without the Sam and Jack Ship.I also do not see what else there is left for Sam Daniel and Teal'c.I should not say this because I never watched Farscape and while BB may have done a great job on the Show the Show did get cancelled for whatever reasons.I do not recall if it was in Season 3 or 4 but IMO BB still has alot to prove as far as carrying a Show.IMO RDA already proved he could carry a Show before SG-1.I will probably watch some of episodes 1 and 3 with RDA and I may watch the start of the 6th episode when AT comes back but my days of watching SG-1 every week are over.This is going to sound silly but a big reason for me not watching Season 9 is I'am afraid TPTB will bring back every guest start falling for Sam since Jack is pretty much out of the picture.I also would not put it past TPTB to have another Boyfriend for Sam.There may be pressure on TPTB to show more of a personal life for Sam since AT is the only Female lead.I rather not be around if these things happen.My only hope is RDA will be in the final 2 episodes of Season 9 so we get to see another AU Sam and Jack Kiss.

getcarter
March 26th, 2005, 08:59 PM

*peeks head in* Is it ok to come back and play now?? :)

I just wanted to make a comment about this pic that florence posted. Have you ever noticed the way Sam and Jack mimic each other's movements? Look at the way the pens are resting in their hands in the pic. Then watch their hands in the infirmary scene in Threads. They are making the same motions. I often find myself picking up the same mannerisms as my husband and it tickles me to no end to see Sam and Jack doing the same. How many times have you heard Sam say "Ya think?" lately. ;)

LtColSamONeill
March 26th, 2005, 09:01 PM
Hey guys, was just watching 2010 with mum when I noticed something from one of the scenes ive seen about a HUNDRED times before lol....

When Sam goes to ask Jack for help at the cabin she's like

"turns out me made a huge mistake"

then he says something along the lines of

"which one, we've made a few"

he's SOOOO alluding to the fact that something happened between them during the past ten years, something that is obviously unresolved!

2010 has always been one of my top 5 fav eps and I totally agree with you. You can tell that obviously something caused the rift between them other than the fact that she didn't side with him about the Aschen. Jack had a big hate on for Joe and I loved his 'dearly beloved Ambassador' comment he made. What made it especially shippy for me was that Sam didn't seem to care that her whole marriage wouldn't even exist if they sent the note back it time. It shows me that she thought she had made a huge mistake in that aspect as well.

LOL4JACK
March 26th, 2005, 09:02 PM
I think you're on to something there...

They didn't know there'd be a Season 9 when they filmed Moebius so the comments made by Jack to Sam at the end of Moebius 2 obviously were not originally intended as a lead in for her going off an doing something work-related...

Hey - I'm happy with the belief that S/J will eventually live happily ever after. I mean, we finally got our fishing trip...so miracles can happen!

You are more than into something to... I didn't think about the comment, where did that come from?

But regardless I know there still hanging out :)

majorsal
March 26th, 2005, 09:04 PM
Here's a thought:
SPOILERS(Highlight)
I was just thinking after seeing Moebius 2 yesterday, the fish in O'Neill's pond means they changed something, right? So, thinking of the current info on season 9, if JM said Carter and O'Neill did not get married and O'Neill didn't retire for her (this is what I heard) maybe they're already together. They changed the whole fish in the pond thing, who knows. Just a thought.

I'm also thinking... What if anything *really* juicy is going to be done towards the end of season 9? Hasn't that been the way for years now, to slowly build it up over the season? I know I'm grasping at straws, but I bought a huge new package of them (really perdy colors like bright yellow and orange and green and such :p), so I've got a LOT of straws left to play with! :p So maybe Sam's off doing some stupid SGC crap and Jack's playing leader of Homeland Security, but we'll get some 'yeah, mamma!' stuff later on?

Sally, the straw grasper :p

ses110
March 26th, 2005, 09:09 PM
Thanks Mary.I find it sad TPTB still cannot come out and say if Sam and Jack are together or not.I guess they want all of us to tune each week to find out.I cannot blame TPTB for wanting that but it is going to be hard to do without seeing Jack every week.

Uber
March 26th, 2005, 09:17 PM
I'm also thinking... What if anything *really* juicy is going to be done towards the end of season 9? Hasn't that been the way for years now, to slowly build it up over the season? I know I'm grasping at straws, but I bought a huge new package of them (really perdy colors like bright yellow and orange and green and such :p), so I've got a LOT of straws left to play with! :p So maybe Sam's off doing some stupid SGC crap and Jack's playing leader of Homeland Security, but we'll get some 'yeah, mamma!' stuff later on?

LOL.

I wish I could green ya for the straw comment alone... :D

But let's simmer in the joy here for a moment, shippers! Look at what AT's said and JM's said and the WHOLE storyline arc of Sam/Jack. There is ZERO doubt in my mind that they will end up together. Will we necessarily get to see every delicious moment? Sadly no. But I do believe that at some point in time, we will get that "This Reality" kiss we've been craving.

I think that TPTB have given us boatloads of hope (which is great if your a SHIP-per [sorry, lame joke]) :D and then they followed it up with THREADS!!!

Think about it. They could have avoided the entire issue like the plague and made it so Sam really fell in love with PETE and could have *gasp* really married him. They could have made it so that Jack ended up with Kerry permanently.

But they didn't! :D:D:D

They gave us these wonderful gifts and I can't wait to see the gift of an on-screen "This Reality" kiss which I know will come.

Eventually.

Hopefully before the end of the decade. :D

Elkeli
March 26th, 2005, 09:17 PM
2010 has always been one of my top 5 fav eps and I totally agree with you. You can tell that obviously something caused the rift between them other than the fact that she didn't side with him about the Aschen. Jack had a big hate on for Joe and I loved his 'dearly beloved Ambassador' comment he made. What made it especially shippy for me was that Sam didn't seem to care that her whole marriage wouldn't even exist if they sent the note back it time. It shows me that she thought she had made a huge mistake in that aspect as well.

I'm glad someone agrees with me! The amount of times í've seen the episode andI didn't manage to put my finger on where the shippiness was coming from. But we're definately hitting back towards the unrequited stuff....mind you *they're* the only ones that think its unrequited. Sam was definately up for playing around with the timeline!

Uber
March 26th, 2005, 09:20 PM
I'm glad someone agrees with me! The amount of times í've seen the episode andI didn't manage to put my finger on where the shippiness was coming from. But we're definately hitting back towards the unrequited stuff....mind you *they're* the only ones that think its unrequited. Sam was definately up for playing around with the timeline!
I think you're both right... the tension between them was so thick it could have been cut with a knife.

Jack was angry with Sam...and not just for the Aschen. He was angry she moved on. He was angry she married Joe. She's trying to talk to him about how they as a team screwed up and he didn't care nearly as much about that as he did about her and Joe, it seemed to me.

And she knew it, I think. They never resolved their feelings and the resentment ate him up.

ses110
March 26th, 2005, 09:20 PM
Sally I like the way you thing the only problem is IMO we got very little Juice at the end of Season 8 in terms of Sam and Jack Ship and the overall show.IMO TPTB gave us nothing interesting for Jack at the end of Season 8 like they did in Season 7 and RDA will either not be in at the end of Season 9 at all or he will be in very few parts to make a big difference.I'am afraid TPTB blew there final chance for giving us a great Sam and Jack resolution.TPTB had 8 Years to get things right and I have a feeling they could have 80 more Years and still not get it right.

Elkeli
March 26th, 2005, 09:42 PM
I think you're both right... the tension between them was so thick it could have been cut with a knife.

Jack was angry with Sam...and not just for the Aschen. He was angry she moved on. He was angry she married Joe. She's trying to talk to him about how they as a team screwed up and he didn't care nearly as much about that as he did about her and Joe, it seemed to me.

And she knew it, I think. They never resolved their feelings and the resentment ate him up.

Yes, it was either that or those tiny little ray gun things that were eating him up :D

I just watched the commentary and the amount of times someone said something like "we probably won't do anymore time travel" and "that's probably the last time you'll se all of SG-1 die" is sooooooo wrong lol. I wonder if they remember predicting that?

majorsal
March 26th, 2005, 10:10 PM

As for the kiss......wished it hadn't been in the alternate timeline, but I liked it, not only for the kiss itself, but for the look on Sams face. Watch how she looks at him when he's talking to Daniel on the walkie talkie. I think she was feeling something that she didn't quite understand for this guy that she thinks she hardly knows (but I think the feelings are there no matter what timeline they are in). Another thing is when she said to him, "I wanted to get to know you better. usually I'm a very cautious person, I tend to think things through......" and then Jack kisses her. So this Sam was more emotional, whereas our Sam was more technical, so to speak. They were sort of switching places in their respective timelines.

I LOVE your observations! I, too, noticed the look on Sam's face while Jack was talking to Daniel. I LOVE it when she stares at his lips, and I've seen Sam(s) do that before. It's *very* sexy and speaks volumes.

season 9 spoiler/spec
Anyone else thinking that just because Sam's time away for professional reasons doesn't mean the 'personal' didn't take place before and after her return? Grasping???

majorsal
March 26th, 2005, 10:37 PM

I just wanted to make a comment about this pic that florence posted. Have you ever noticed the way Sam and Jack mimic each other's movements? Look at the way the pens are resting in their hands in the pic. Then watch their hands in the infirmary scene in Threads. They are making the same motions. I often find myself picking up the same mannerisms as my husband and it tickles me to no end to see Sam and Jack doing the same. How many times have you heard Sam say "Ya think?" lately. ;)

I like that, getcarter. And yes, I've noticed things like that between them. They're *so* made for one another! :D

majorsal
March 26th, 2005, 10:41 PM
LOL.

But let's simmer in the joy here for a moment, shippers! Look at what AT's said and JM's said and the WHOLE storyline arc of Sam/Jack. There is ZERO doubt in my mind that they will end up together. Will we necessarily get to see every delicious moment? Sadly no. But I do believe that at some point in time, we will get that "This Reality" kiss we've been craving.

I think that TPTB have given us boatloads of hope (which is great if your a SHIP-per [sorry, lame joke]) :D and then they followed it up with THREADS!!!

Think about it. They could have avoided the entire issue like the plague and made it so Sam really fell in love with PETE and could have *gasp* really married him. They could have made it so that Jack ended up with Kerry permanently.

They gave us these wonderful gifts and I can't wait to see the gift of an on-screen "This Reality" kiss which I know will come.

Eventually.

All I can think to say is

:D :D :D :D

Deborah
March 27th, 2005, 01:25 AM
LOL.

Eventually.

I'd like to think so too but ultimately RDA and ATs conflicting schedules may end up killing our chances of seeing Sam and Jack together onscreen again.

Its really down to how many more episodes RDA commits to, because if the PTBs don't know that he'll be back for the S9 finale then they may simply leave the arc up in the air like they have when they didn't know if they were coming back for another season of Stargate.

The PTBs really need to address the resolution early enough to cover the possibility that RDA may not return for the finale. And even if he did, do we really want a rushed declaration and kiss in the middle of a firefight again. If that happens then whether its REAL or AU won't make much difference, the emotional impact will be virtually nil.

Catysg1
March 27th, 2005, 05:29 AM
Happy Easter :)

http://www.angelfire.com/space2/sci-fi/SJEaster3.jpg

Sam & Jack forever together ;)

ses110
March 27th, 2005, 06:47 AM
Happy Easter Caty.Great to hear from you again.

Catysg1
March 27th, 2005, 07:02 AM
http://www.angelfire.com/space2/sci-fi/SJEasteregg4.jpg

Rogue
March 27th, 2005, 07:13 AM
Thanks Caty for sharing the Easter pictures with us.

BrenRen
March 27th, 2005, 09:43 AM

I think my favorite "Ya think" from Sam was in Threads, right after Kerry says "This is awkward..." Sam mutters the "Ya think?" and Jack's expression upon hearing that was truly priceless!

:D :D :D

BrenRen
March 27th, 2005, 09:49 AM

Also notice it's not till she says she hasn't talked to her dearly beloved Ambassador that he starts to soften towards her. And when Jack said evryone shot him down, "including *you*" there was a particular emphasis that lead me to believe that her lack of trust was what hurt most, and was the final straw that sent him packing.

I adored 2010... yet another case study in the theory "If Sam & Jack Don't get Together, the world as we know if will come to a devastating end." :D

gatebee
March 27th, 2005, 09:50 AM
http://www.angelfire.com/space2/sci-fi/SJEasteregg4.jpg
HAPPY EASTER TO ALL

thanks Caty for sharing our S/J pics

sueKay
March 27th, 2005, 09:54 AM
*delurks*

:D:DHAPPY EASTER!:D:D

*lurks again*

BrenRen
March 27th, 2005, 10:01 AM
Caty's back!!!!!!!!!!!

((((((((((((((((((((((Caty))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Wonderful pics!! Thank you so much for coming back and sharing them with us!!!

Love and hot fudge,
Bren Ren

BrenRen
March 27th, 2005, 10:28 AM

Hmmm..... I like the way you grasp!

I'll do some reeeeeeeeeeaching of my own here.... Season Nine Speculation After some careful thinking and internal debate and reviewing the ship over the course of the entire series, I don't think it's doomed at all. I think, as you said, Sally, it's gonna be another slow build. It will be background, and I think we'll get a nudge or two from Jack, another nudge or two when Sam comes back, and finally, at the end of the season, some kind of major ship development. They've got to set up for the final season (hey, I'm sure I read somewhere that there's a directors comment in a season one dvd that they wanted to go for ten seasons...) or, barring that, the movie that keeps getting pushed back for the next season they weren't gonna do.

I knew RDA wouldn't be able to stay away completely!!! Told ya he was having to much fun! :D I'm so thrilled to death that I was right! <Sniggle> We've got two eps in the beginning... Two opportunities for ship development... Then Sam comes back, with new opportunities for ship development (I'm still one who believes that the indivdual character's development is also ship development. What affects one affects the other!) Then they have their lovely shooting break.... When they come back, I've got a sneaking suspicion that they'll manage to talk him into making a couple of timely appearances towards the end of the season. And if they continue to stick true to tv ship formula, that's about the time we will finally see the much anticipated, greatly debated, declarations of love--in true Stargate fashion, of course!

Sam: If we reverse the polarity of the forward thrust, we should be able to skirt around the obstacles, but that's totally dependent on whether I can rig the cloaking device to---

Jack: You know I love you, but could you cut to the chase?

Sam: I can do it.

Jack: I knew you could.

Sam: Love you too.

Cut to Ship blasting out of harms way.

BrenRen
March 27th, 2005, 10:29 AM
*delurks*

*lurks again*

SueKay's back too!!!!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

((((((((((((((((((((SueKay))))))))))))))))))))))))

Welcome back Ship Sisters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gatebee
March 27th, 2005, 10:51 AM
SueKay's back too!!!!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

((((((((((((((((((((SueKay))))))))))))))))))))))))

Welcome back Ship Sisters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(((((((( BrenRen))))))
I second your YAY for the return of Caty and SueKay. Our two family members are back.
Let's us all ship now for Sam and Jack. I have faith to TPTB. heheheheheh

gatebee
March 27th, 2005, 11:01 AM
In M2 when Jack saidyou have bags to pack. One wonders what she has to pack....maybe a toothbrush

MajorSam
March 27th, 2005, 11:01 AM
HAPPY EASTER SHIP FAMILY!!!

TameFarrar
March 27th, 2005, 11:07 AM
Tame you make some great points but IMO SG-1 can never be the Show I Loved without Jack and Without the Sam and Jack Ship.I also do not see what else there is left for Sam Daniel and Teal'c.I should not say this because I never watched Farscape and while BB may have done a great job on the Show the Show did get cancelled for whatever reasons.I do not recall if it was in Season 3 or 4 but IMO BB still has alot to prove as far as carrying a Show.IMO RDA already proved he could carry a Show before SG-1.I will probably watch some of episodes 1 and 3 with RDA and I may watch the start of the 6th episode when AT comes back but my days of watching SG-1 every week are over.This is going to sound silly but a big reason for me not watching Season 9 is I'am afraid TPTB will bring back every guest start falling for Sam since Jack is pretty much out of the picture.I also would not put it past TPTB to have another Boyfriend for Sam.There may be pressure on TPTB to show more of a personal life for Sam since AT is the only Female lead.I rather not be around if these things happen.My only hope is RDA will be in the final 2 episodes of Season 9 so we get to see another AU Sam and Jack Kiss.

Ses I definitely don't want to discout any of your concerns :D...I KNOW they are shared by many and I myself am reluctant to *invest emotionally* any longer in SG-1....However, I will say that we can't make a decision BASED ON SPECULATION. :) We also can't be the same *naive* shippers we once were and *Blindly* believe that TPTB are going to resolve *Ships* that THEY start. So I REALLY REALLY understand your point.

I too don't want to see Sam have *The guest of the week* fall for her....been there done that..... But we have absolutely NO clue yet what is going to be said or done with the Sam & Jack ship.... TPTB are NOTORIOUS for keeping THAT under wraps.

So I am just suggesting a wait and see approach until we do know exactly what they are going to do.

When asked if the J&S ship had been resolved...JM replied he thought it was OBVIOUS....well I took that to mean since all *others* were out of the way, we know Jack will be in another capacity then they made it clear with the fishing trip. For years THAT has been the definite thing that shippers have been waiting for. Unfortunately TPTB didn't heed our words after the *Spud Fiasco* but they did stick to their personal statagy of *The Fishing Trip* and so I do believe they feel they did tell us an obvious answer. We just don't like how they did it.

TPTB may blow me out of the water and completely screw up BUT so far I have no clue...so I *wait and see*... There wasn't enough in the show anymore to keep me tuned in once I too heard that RDA would be gone for the most part UNTIL I heard the Ben Browder would be joining. I recommend for anyone that hasn't seen Ben's performances to rent Farscape Peace Kepper Wars. The mini was very well done and newbies to the show are not lost since the creators make a great effort in the story telling to make the mini enjoyable to both old and new fans. See what he will bring the series and if you would enjoy SG-1 again for an action/adventure show with him in the lead.

btw...Farscape was cancelled after its 4th season based on budget constraints in the Sci-Fi channel coffers. Farscape was filmed as an epic show rather then 48 minute blocks and has a grander view visually with CGI and such. So $$$$$ was that shows downfall.

I am in hopes that while we may not get to see Sam & Jack together they WILL be a couple and it can be used in reference, NO this is not what I wanted BUT I will accept it because I do like the show premise.

I have made no secret to my dissatisfaction with how this last season was played out on the screen and yes TPTB are to blame, but I am a positive sort :) and I have to HOPE that new blood, new storylines and a new leading man MAY just bring back the show I love......yes it won't be the *Old* Sg-1 but I am not so ingrained or resistant to change that I can't view this new effort for what it is. A Sci-Fi show first and foremost and I think I am kind of scared of these particular PTB even trying to handle any more ship :)

So I will fondly remember and discuss all of the aspects of Sam & Jack I LOVE hug my shipper family with regularity :D and accept that TPTB for this show aren't as awesome as I first thought :)

TameFarrar
March 27th, 2005, 11:13 AM

Oh I love that too.....adn I always figured after being married since before dirt got old I would blame all of my weird quirks on my hubs ;)....I cracked up everytime Sam would say or do a *Jackism* :)

Uber
March 27th, 2005, 11:14 AM
In M2 when Jack saidyou have bags to pack. One wonders what she has to pack....maybe a toothbrush
*ÜberSG-1Fan bows in respect to gatebee (who she accidentally dissed on another forum by not getting gatebee's message in time)*

I love the way you think, gatebee! It seems clear to me that since there was no 9th season at the time M2 was being filmed, any speculation that the "You've got packing to do" is work-related seems silly to me...especially with the neato-mosquito Threads tie in... :D

Buc252
March 27th, 2005, 11:34 AM
I saw that too! I wasn't sure if it was Sam's reaction to Jack's remark (you've got packing to do), or that he nudged her when he walked by. I brought this up to the S/J list but no one replied. I assumed because the idea was too stupid or something. :p But then again, I'd wondered if he'd nudged her on the butt or something then, so maybe that's why they didn't reply (they were laughing at me too much). :p

Sorry if I missed replying to your post on S/J, Sally! Please don't take it personally. I've been deleting all the M2 posts because I got tired of listening to them all saying how *wonderful* it was. To me, it was the absolute antithesis. And if you reply and say otherwise, you get chastized and told how wrong you are. If it wasn't for the fanfic, I'd have been off that list long ago.

Anyway, though, I'm not sure which it was. Pretty sad, though, that I found that little nudge and her expression soooooo much more shippy than that POC kiss between the alternates. That was most definitely not our Sam and Jack. And why was Sam so different anyway? She joined the AF way before the Stargate pogram came into being, so why would not finding the stargate have changed her life so much? It makes no sense.

TameFarrar
March 27th, 2005, 11:42 AM
Sorry if I missed replying to your post on S/J, Sally! Please don't take it personally. I've been deleting all the M2 posts because I got tired of listening to them all saying how *wonderful* it was. To me, it was the absolute antithesis. And if you reply and say otherwise, you get chastized and told how wrong you are. If it wasn't for the fanfic, I'd have been off that list long ago.

Anyway, though, I'm not sure which it was. Pretty sad, though, that I found that little nudge and her expression soooooo much more shippy than that POC kiss between the alternates. That was most definitely not our Sam and Jack. And why was Sam so different anyway? She joined the AF way before the Stargate pogram came into being, so why would not finding the stargate have changed her life so much? It makes no sense.
Personally I believe the fact that the Alternate Sam & Jack..doing what they did....made ALL the difference in how Sam & Jack related at the end :D :D

Uber
March 27th, 2005, 11:43 AM

M2 Spoilers:

Well apparently the chain of events from Ra not leaving the Stargate behind led to completely unforeseen consequences...since Sam didn't join the Air Force after all. How are they connected? Who knows? But then again, why would what happened 5,000 affect whether or not Kinsey would become president of the United States instead of Hayes?

MajorSam
March 27th, 2005, 12:34 PM
hehe, just found this again, YEAAAH for ChibiGate!!!!! HAPPY EASTER once again :D

Teal'c's (The Secret Shipper) Is here to spread some chocolaty love!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/MajorSam/Easter_Tealc_Promo.jpg

*sigh* the things he'll do for our ship...

Queen_Bee
March 27th, 2005, 12:52 PM
hey hey fine shippers

WISHING YOU ALL A FANTABULOUS EASTER..

i didnt want any chocolate this year..but ended up having a "little" bit.:

i am so happy Caty was here posting b4.....its great to see some people back :)

*waits in anticipation for more news on season 9*

oh yeah Atlantis aired here last night..i only watched about half hr of it..had people over and for some reason i really cant get into Atlantis..

well i gotta go get ready for work..public holiday pay i m not complaining :D

lurve and hugs
Bee

Anubis
March 27th, 2005, 01:01 PM
Hey shippers! :)

First time I've posted in this NEW thread, a very nice cleaned up version of it, anyway. ;) It was starting to get just a wee bit full. :P

Caty, nice to see you pop-in and share a pic with us, thankies for that. :)

It also seems a lot more of the regulars have returned, now that Moebius 2 has aired. :) A sigh of relief to see you all back ...

HAPPY EASTER ALL!!!

Emilee108
March 27th, 2005, 01:05 PM
Hey Everyone!

Just thought I would stop by and wish my fellow shippers of gateworld a wonderful Easter!

(insert cool bunny graphic and big colors!)

Everyone have a safe and happy Easter!

Bunny and shippy hugs to all!

~*~Emilee~*~

gatebee
March 27th, 2005, 01:18 PM
hehe, just found this again, YEAAAH for ChibiGate!!!!! HAPPY EASTER once again :D

Teal'c's (The Secret Shipper) Is here to spread some chocolaty love!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/MajorSam/Easter_Tealc_Promo.jpg

*sigh* the things he'll do for our ship...
that is so preciouse...thanks for sharing...ya I agree that TEal'c is a secret shipper

Sam fan
March 27th, 2005, 01:23 PM
Hey everyone and happy easter it's nice to see people getting back to normal- this is what the shipper thread is meant to be like. Still waiting for news on amanda's baby- i guess he/she really likes it in there- it just wants to stay!
Again if you guys could have alook at a few of these sigs and tell me which one you lke best!? thatw ould be really helpful- also the're nice to look at. lol.

http://tinypic.com/2dj803

http://tinypic.com/2dj85j

http://tinypic.com/2dj895

http://tinypic.com/2dj8eq

http://tinypic.com/2dj8g9

http://tinypic.com/2dj8ko

http://tinypic.com/2dj8mq

http://tinypic.com/2dj8r7

http://tinypic.com/2dj8s0

http://tinypic.com/2dj8y0

OKay, lol there they are tell me which is you're fave and also as i said it's csoemthing nice for you guys to look at.
xxx

gatebee
March 27th, 2005, 01:25 PM
*ÜberSG-1Fan bows in respect to gatebee (who she accidentally dissed on another forum by not getting gatebee's message in time)*

I love the way you think, gatebee! It seems clear to me that since there was no 9th season at the time M2 was being filmed, any speculation that the "You've got packing to do" is work-related seems silly to me...especially with the neato-mosquito Threads tie in... :D

We have to believe that after Threadsand "Always", they were alreay "having loooong midnight talks". So what else would Sam need to take but a toothbrush if that at all

LOL4JACK
March 27th, 2005, 01:27 PM
Hey everyone and happy easter it's nice to see people getting back to normal- this is what the shipper thread is meant to be like. Still waiting for news on amanda's baby- i guess he/she really likes it in there- it just wants to stay!
Again if you guys could have alook at a few of these sigs and tell me which one you lke best!? thatw ould be really helpful- also the're nice to look at. lol.

OKay, lol there they are tell me which is you're fave and also as i said it's csoemthing nice for you guys to look at.
xxx
As a shipper I would say... Always, as RDA fan :) "So not confused"

Rina

dipsofjazz
March 27th, 2005, 01:31 PM

http://tinypic.com/2dj803

http://tinypic.com/2dj85j

http://tinypic.com/2dj895

http://tinypic.com/2dj8eq

http://tinypic.com/2dj8mq

http://tinypic.com/2dj8r7

http://tinypic.com/2dj8s0

http://tinypic.com/2dj8y0

xxx
:D I love all of these, but I think the old romantic in me prefers the "Always" one the best. :D

AmberLM
March 27th, 2005, 01:45 PM
it would be like "Dallas" all over again - who shot JR? Who cares it was all a dream in a shower!!!!!!!

I believe that they've already done that one. It was Carter who shot JR!

gatebee
March 27th, 2005, 01:58 PM
:D I love all of these, but I think the old romantic in me prefers the "Always" one the best. :D
for s/j, prefer #'s 4,5,8,9,10 thay all look great
for rda # 3

AmberLM
March 27th, 2005, 02:01 PM
Also notice it's not till she says she hasn't talked to her dearly beloved Ambassador that he starts to soften towards her. And when Jack said evryone shot him down, "including *you*" there was a particular emphasis that lead me to believe that her lack of trust was what hurt most, and was the final straw that sent him packing.

I adored 2010... yet another case study in the theory "If Sam & Jack Don't get Together, the world as we know if will come to a devastating end." :D

Did anyone else think that it's a two-sided thing? Jack did the same to Sam in "Absolute Power" the only difference being that he eventually began to see the wood for the trees so to speak. It doesn't change the fact that Sam was *incredibly* hurt by her opinion not seeming to mean anything to him anymore and I think that once he saw how much he had hurt her he tried to make up for it by acting on her hunch. Sam did exactly the same thing by sacrificing her life and abandoning Joe in "2010".

BTW Bren I think Sam's "Ya think?" line at Jack's house with Kerry was priceless! I reckon that's what made her doubt Jack's feelings for her, the fact that they seemed so in sync with each other not the fact that she had showed up on his doorstep unannounced. After all Jack had his poker face on when Kerry walked out and it was quite clear that she didn't even notice that Sam was there until she *saw* her after she opened the door so she couldn't have heard any details of the conversation.

Has anyone here got the SG-1 scriptbook? I remember standing in Forbidden Planet for about 15 minutes reading the shippy scenes in "2010" whilst the guy behind the till kept giving me evils. Anyways, inbetween the stares I remember reading something about Jack saying "...Or is it Mrs Ambassador now?" Sorry, I can't remember the exact phrasing but I *do* remember thinking that the original line was much more shippy and that they should have kept that line in.

Catysg1
March 27th, 2005, 02:12 PM
To Gatebee ..:) On request :)

http://www.angelfire.com/space2/sci-fi/SJeasterB.jpg

Caty :)

gatebee
March 27th, 2005, 02:17 PM
To Gatebee ..:) On request :)

http://www.angelfire.com/space2/sci-fi/SJeasterB.jpg

Caty :)
bows a deep very grateful bow for such a lovely pic for easter....penguins, eggs and our Sam and Jack doing what comes so natural to themhttp://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/sehrgrosse/large-smiley-039.gifhttp://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/sehrgrosse/large-smiley-039.gifhttp://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/sehrgrosse/large-smiley-039.gif

gatebee
March 27th, 2005, 02:37 PM
The one that about the ending of M2 that I just thought of now and which makes me realize more that our Sam and Jack are together is how for the first time ever...Daniel and Teal'c disappear from the room so fast to give them time to talk about their plans for their time in the cabin and "fish". They were given their due privacy as we shippers have alwasy asked forhooray for Daniel and Teal'c
http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/liebe/love-smiley-028.gif http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/liebe/love-smiley-028.gif http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/liebe/love-smiley-028.gif

florence
March 27th, 2005, 02:41 PM
Sam fan, there're all great but I prefer "Always" :)

Caty, sueKay, I'm happy you've made a quick visit to this thread. I hope you'll come back soon :)

I've seen Moebius today (pt 1&2) for the 1st time and I have to say I really loved it :D
I think those episodes are a reward for all SG1 fans who watched the show since the beginning. When they shot them, they thought it would be the end of SG1.
IMO Threads is the end of the show cause many threads are closed in this episode Sam/Jack, Oma/Anubis, free Jaffas and I think TPTB wanted to give fans something where there would be everything they loved during 8 years : action, special effects, the Stargate ;), the whole team (even bringing back Hammond, Major Davis and Kawalsky), humour with winks they would be the only ones able to understand : Sam's lines from CotG, Jack's ship called Homer, Daniel dying *again*, return of Kawalsky, McKay hitting on Sam, 2nd gate in Antartica, etc

So I think I loved these 2 episodes cause I took them like something apart from the rest of the season, maybe apart from the show itself, something more like a parody.

I really loved the way AT played geeky Sam It was hilarious ! :D It's amazing how this woman can play the same character in so different ways : Replicarter and AT Sam just for S8, Jolinar or Entity in other seasons.

As for ship, I didn't expect too much from Moebius. Then I wasn't disappointed by what I've seen. Though I admit I was squeeing when AT Sam and Jack kissed ! ;) :D Ok there were not "our" Sam and Jack, but IMO it means they would have been together for a very long time if there hadn't been regs to keep them apart. And we still have the fishing scene in the end. At least, they didn't erase that part ;)

samplusjackequalsgrace
March 27th, 2005, 02:41 PM
hi, I'm not new, just haven't been on in a looooong time

florence
March 27th, 2005, 02:46 PM
hi, I'm not new, just haven't been on in a looooong time

Then welcome back ! :D

gatebee
March 27th, 2005, 02:48 PM
Florence, I agree. I loved M1 & 2....fish in pond says it all for me

samplusjackequalsgrace
March 27th, 2005, 02:49 PM
Thanks!

Gatetrixer
March 27th, 2005, 02:58 PM
Confession to make. I was, I think, the first to get snarky about Sam's pink jacket in "Affinity." BUT, I saw a very similar jacket on sale recently, tho a diff color, & I snapped it up & am happy with it. You never know when your snark will come back to snap at you. BTW, after that I was at another store and saw low-priced knockoffs of her jacket.

Uber
March 27th, 2005, 03:01 PM
The one that about the ending of M2 that I just thought of now and which makes me realize more that our Sam and Jack are together is how for the first time ever...Daniel and Teal'c disappear from the room so fast to give them time to talk about their plans for their time in the cabin and "fish". They were given their due privacy as we shippers have alwasy asked forhooray for Daniel and Teal'c
http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/liebe/love-smiley-028.gifhttp://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/liebe/love-smiley-028.gif
http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/liebe/love-smiley-028.gif
I noticed something else about the ending to M2 After Sam asked Jack about the fish and the video tape...listen to the tone of his voice when he says "close enough." :D

I think things are exactly as we think they are...there is that closeness between them and we will get our on-screen kiss sometime before the end of the series.

Kri
March 27th, 2005, 03:09 PM
Happy Easter everyone!!

My celebration actually started last night when my boyfriend came over so we could watch Stargate together. (I didn't tell him I had already sat and viewed the show!). Anyway, at the end of the show, I just kept nudging him saying "Sam and Jack went FISHING!" He was laughing at me, but I got a kiss out of it ;) Today we went to church and then had a huge buffet brunch with my family at a place called Maggiano's. I could skip eating for a few days and be quite content!

Trying to stay hopeful about a lil mention of ship in S9, but I am still mad about JM's statement about where Sam will be. And if AT doesn't have that baby soon, she is going to have to do a lot of extra filming to only skip 5 episodes. I hope she and the baby are really okay :)

Oma-1
March 27th, 2005, 03:25 PM
Anyway, though, I'm not sure which it was. Pretty sad, though, that
I found that little nudge and her expression soooooo much more shippy than that POC kiss between the alternates.

You got that right!! :p Waaaaaay shippier.

And why was Sam so different anyway? She joined the AF way before the Stargate pogram came into being, so why would not finding the stargate have changed her life so much? It makes no sense.

M2 Spoilers:
Well apparently the chain of events from Ra not leaving the Stargate behind led to completely unforeseen consequences...since Sam didn't join the Air Force after all. How are they connected? Who knows? But then again, why would what happened 5,000 affect whether or not Kinsey would become president of the United States instead of Hayes?

I've been thinking about this a bit too. M1&2 I thought the diffs in Jack and Daniel were pretty much "in character" considering the major change being no Stargate found in Giza, therefore no recall for Jack and no Catherine to save Daniel from ridicule. But Sam was soooooo different. I couldn't think of any reason for that until

[spoil]So this Sam was more emotional, whereas our Sam was more technical, so to speak. They were sort of switching places in their respective timelines.
I think LtColSamONeill hit the proverbial nail with that one. If we assume (for the sake of this arguement anyway :p ) that most of the things that happened in their personal lives were the same, perhaps ALT Sam was more affected by the death of her Mum and the resultant difficulties in relationship with Jacob lead to her not being so confident and not joining the USAF. The lack of confidence in herself would also account for her job of just correcting other people's work instead of presenting her own. This could account for the difference.

As for Kinsey being President - Think back to Chain Reaction and ... the ep where NID use the alien mimic devices to make it look like Jack shot Kinsey (can't remember the ep name :eek: ) . With no Stargate programme as we know it, perhaps Kinsey got away with his sneaky, no good, sleazy attitude with less opposition. I'm sure in our timeline Gen Hammond had some political clout that influenced Kinsey's popularity. He wouldn't have appeared the hero cos he wouldn't have got shot. Not to mention the disk ... I hope you're getting my drift here! It's late and I'm not thinking too clearly :p

Then of course, it could just be that good old random chaos theory and I just wasted the last 10 mins typing this :p

And now for the Shippy bit ;) But somethings remain constant no matter what timeline or alternate universe. Sam & Jack always have that bond between them. I think Elkeli called it starcrossed lovers? And that is NEVER going to change.

So all in all, Sam & Jack will be together, forever, until the end of time, in all AUs and ALTs - it just might take forever for tptb to show us :p :D

Oma-1
March 27th, 2005, 03:29 PM
Sam Fan - the angsty shipper in me likes the Everybody Hurts one best, while the happy shipper in me likes Always.

So I guess tptb would go for Everybody Hurts, cos there's no big honkin' kiss in that one :p

Oma-1
March 27th, 2005, 03:34 PM
Confession to make. I was, I think, the first to get snarky about Sam's pink jacket in "Affinity." BUT, I saw a very similar jacket on sale recently, tho a diff color, & I snapped it up & am happy with it. You never know when your snark will come back to snap at you. BTW, after that I was at another store and saw low-priced knockoffs of her jacket.
Can't say I noticed the jacket all that much, I was too busy staring at that ugly rock (course, it would have been beautiful if Jack had been holding it :D) shouting TELL HIM NOOOOOOOO! DON'T JUST SIT THERE, KICK HIS BUTT! HE'S A STALKER FCOL! :D

Gatetrixer
March 27th, 2005, 03:37 PM
After being away so long to avoid spoilers, I would like to comment about recent eps. Threads first:

Jacob's death was not a surprise due to seeing the title of a fic (which I now can't find), so I was prepared for some sadness. I was not prepared, however, for him to advocate seemingly just the opposite of his illusionary "Grace" talk, albeit in the usual non-specific PTB way. Also after reading about the sides, I knew about Sam's going to Jack's during the barbecue and Kerry's talk with Jack at the SGC. And there had been those spoiler photos of the Jack/Kerry bedroom scene. Thank goodness it was a very short scene(in spite of 2, yes, 2 photos in the GW ep section) and merely put in there to establish that they were an item. It could have been established some other way, but I suppose TPTB (male) felt that since Sam was "getting some" with Pete, they couldn't have "main man" character Jack being left out. So the scene didn't bother me all that much. I had thought Sam would break off with Pete before going to Jack's and didn't exactly care for the extended breakup scene. I was disappointed that the Kerry/Jack talk was changed so that Jack didn't say about retiring "I've thought of it" but instead said "Again."
Wouldt have been clearer of his thoughts, tho he def. didn't dispute Kerry at all in her conclusions.
It's not clear how much time has elapsed since the Jack/Kerry talk until the :) infirmary scene, but I suppose Sam knew nothing of their breakup. So I was surprised when she caressed his hand and then when he said "Always" I just about melted into a pool of goo. Didn't he say in "Grace" that he'd always be there for her? Def an echo of that as Sam thanked him for being there for her. Must confess that the lst time I watched I didn't hear about the Tokra coming so thought there was a priest with Jacob!!! (this is basketball tourney season so I tape and watch when I can) S/J definitely comfortable together in the scene with Bratac and Teal'c where Daniel returns. Was very surprised about the fishing, as thought it was only in Moebius. Not surprised when D and T showed up as had heard of that in early Moebius spoilers. Would have liked some real close shots of them, if we didn't get ship in the fishing scene. If not holding hands or a kiss(oh those regs), how about a nice close up of Sam and Jack REALLY smiling at each other? No such luck. But all in all I was happy with "Threads." Naturally, no names mentioned (as in the Kerry/Jack scene) or definite statements, but we're used to that, aren't we? BTW, someone said Kerry didn't hear what Sam said in Jack's yard, but what if she had heard something and decided it was time to interrupt? That's all for now!!!!!

Uber
March 27th, 2005, 03:43 PM
After being away so long to avoid spoilers, I would like to comment about recent eps. Threads first:

Jacob's death was not a surprise due to seeing the title of a fic (which I now can't find), so I was prepared for some sadness. I was not prepared, however, for him to advocate seemingly just the opposite of his illusionary "Grace" talk, albeit in the usual non-specific PTB way. Also after reading about the sides, I knew about Sam's going to Jack's during the barbecue and Kerry's talk with Jack at the SGC. And there had been those spoiler photos of the Jack/Kerry bedroom scene. Thank goodness it was a very short scene(in spite of 2, yes, 2 photos in the GW ep section) and merely put in there to establish that they were an item. It could have been established some other way, but I suppose TPTB (male) felt that since Sam was "getting some" with Pete, they couldn't have "main man" character Jack being left out. So the scene didn't bother me all that much. I had thought Sam would break off with Pete before going to Jack's and didn't exactly care for the extended breakup scene. I was disappointed that the Kerry/Jack talk was changed so that Jack didn't say about retiring "I've thought of it" but instead said "Again."
Wouldt have been clearer of his thoughts, tho he def. didn't dispute Kerry at all in her conclusions.
It's not clear how much time has elapsed since the Jack/Kerry talk until the :) infirmary scene, but I suppose Sam knew nothing of their breakup. So I was surprised when she caressed his hand and then when he said "Always" I just about melted into a pool of goo. Didn't he say in "Grace" that he'd always be there for her? Def an echo of that as Sam thanked him for being there for her. Must confess that the lst time I watched I didn't hear about the Tokra coming so thought there was a priest with Jacob!!! (this is basketball tourney season so I tape and watch when I can) S/J definitely comfortable together in the scene with Bratac and Teal'c where Daniel returns. Was very surprised about the fishing, as thought it was only in Moebius. Not surprised when D and T showed up as had heard of that in early Moebius spoilers. Would have liked some real close shots of them, if we didn't get ship in the fishing scene. If not holding hands or a kiss(oh those regs), how about a nice close up of Sam and Jack REALLY smiling at each other? No such luck. But all in all I was happy with "Threads." Naturally, no names mentioned (as in the Kerry/Jack scene) or definite statements, but we're used to that, aren't we? BTW, someone said Kerry didn't hear what Sam said in Jack's yard, but what if she had heard something and decided it was time to interrupt? That's all for now!!!!!
Threads spoiler:

Kerry didn't need to hear anything that Sam said, though. She saw how uncomfortable Sam was as she stood there stammering and picked up on the vibe. Plus Jack was oh so delightfully distracted to the point that he sloshed his beer as he came up with an incredibly lame reason for Sam's being there. :D

Quick question about etiquette here: how long do we need to use spoiler tags for threads, m2 etc? Do we have to use them for Season 8 only? What about 7?

Gatetrixer
March 27th, 2005, 03:51 PM
Can't say I noticed the jacket all that much, I was too busy staring at that ugly rock (course, it would have been beautiful if Jack had been holding it :D) shouting TELL HIM NOOOOOOOO! DON'T JUST SIT THERE, KICK HIS BUTT! HE'S A STALKER FCOL! :D

Don't couples go together to pick out rings at all? We did. And ended up with an engagement ring I liked (and still do). I dislike those stories (true and otherwise) of men thinking up weird ways to propose with presumably having a ring he picked out alone ready to give the girl. Funny true story of a guy having his proposal on an arena announcement board in full view of the whole audience, and then the girl said no.

Elkeli
March 27th, 2005, 03:57 PM
I noticed something else about the ending to M2 After Sam asked Jack about the fish and the video tape...listen to the tone of his voice when he says "close enough." :D

I think things are exactly as we think they are...there is that closeness between them and we will get our on-screen kiss sometime before the end of the series.

Either that or, he didn't want to go back and stuff around with time after he's just gotten his hands on Sam, he figures a few fish in his pond won't make any difference.

Oma-1
March 27th, 2005, 03:58 PM
I was not prepared, however, for him to advocate seemingly just the opposite of his illusionary "Grace" talk, albeit in the usual non-specific PTB way.

I saw this bit differently in Grace. I only saw Grace once when S7 aired and it was all a bit a jumble cos when I saw that flash of a kiss I got soooooo excited I forgot almost everything else that happened :p Sorry, lost the plot again for a mo there :D

Anyway, Jacob. I thought in Grace, Jacob was telling Sam she deserved to be loved and she deserved to be happy. My shippy little heart took that to mean that she should find a way to be with Jack, not to forget about him and move on.

Wouldn't be the first time I got it wrong though cos
GraceThen I was fixated on the kiss and completely forgot that Sam was saying farewell to any relationship with Jack, so Chimera was a hell of a shock to me :eek:

Having now watched Grace again and again and again (well, a couple of scenes anyway :p ), I can say with authority that the optimum speed to watch the Grace kiss is 1/4 slowmo. :D

Oma-1
March 27th, 2005, 04:12 PM
Don't couples go together to pick out rings at all? We did. And ended up with an engagement ring I liked (and still do). I dislike those stories (true and otherwise) of men thinking up weird ways to propose with presumably having a ring he picked out alone ready to give the girl. Funny true story of a guy having his proposal on an arena announcement board in full view of the whole audience, and then the girl said no.
You're absolutely right - my hubby and I chose my ring together, and I still like mine too :) Jack would know much better than to spring a ring on Sam in a park. He'd probably just drag her off base, into his truck, drive to the mall, stop in front of the jewellers and

Jack: Sam, you know I'm no good at this relationship stuff.....
Sam: Yes
Jack: There's no need to be blunt about it!
Sam: Jack, I said Yes
Jack: *gives Sam that adorable you're sobeautifulandIcan'tbelieveyousaidyes look*
S&J: Great big honkin' kiss :D
Jack: *pulls beautiful blue gem out of his pocket* I found this on P3X-595. It's the same colour as your eyes. I thought you might like to choose a setting for it?
Sam: *goes all soft and gooey inside cos he's so thoughtful and romantic underneath It's beautiful!
S&J: Another kiss - this time gentle and sweet (can't have too many kisses :D)

Oma-1
March 27th, 2005, 04:14 PM
Either that or, he didn't want to go back and stuff around with time after he's just gotten his hands on Sam, he figures a few fish in his pond won't make any difference.
:D :D :D :D :D

dipsofjazz
March 27th, 2005, 04:16 PM
You're absolutely right - my hubby and I chose my ring together, and I still like mine too :) Jack would know much better than to spring a ring on Sam in a park. He'd probably just drag her off base, into his truck, drive to the mall, stop in front of the jewellers and

Jack: Sam, you know I'm no good at this relationship stuff.....
Sam: Yes
Jack: There's no need to be blunt about it!
Sam: Jack, I said Yes
Jack: *gives Sam that adorable you're sobeautifulandIcan'tbelieveyousaidyes look*
S&J: Great big honkin' kiss :D
Jack: *pulls beautiful blue gem out of his pocket* I found this on P3X-595. It's the same colour as your eyes. I thought you might like to choose a setting for it?
Sam: *goes all soft and gooey inside cos he's so thoughtful and romantic underneath It's beautiful!
S&J: Another kiss - this time gentle and sweet (can't have too many kisses :D)
:D I like this scenario very much. Now, if only we could get TPTB to pay attention. :p And you can NEVER have too many kisses! :D

Oma-1
March 27th, 2005, 04:26 PM
Threads spoiler:

Quick question about etiquette here: how long do we need to use spoiler tags for threads, m2 etc? Do we have to use them for Season 8 only? What about 7?

I think we're supposed to spoil S7 & S8. Can't remember where I read it though. Anyone else help?

Cassie
March 27th, 2005, 04:31 PM
I think we're supposed to spoil S7 & S8. Can't remember where I read it though. Anyone else help?

I think were supposed to use the spoiler space if it hasn't been shown in syndiction yet. S7 finished and there playing reruns now I think! So we don't have to use the spoiler space right? :)

Cassie
March 27th, 2005, 04:34 PM
((((((((((((((((((((((((SueKay)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
Happy Easter to you too :D
((((((((((((((((((((((((Caty))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
LOVE the collages!!!!

Please Please Please post again I've missed you guys!

Cassie
March 27th, 2005, 05:02 PM
Okay I've been thinking....
You know in S7 ep. Evolution 2 at the end after Sam and Jack look lovely into each others *sigh* and then they walk away did *anyone* else hear giggling coming from Sam wounder what Jack was doing hehehe!

Critter
March 27th, 2005, 05:06 PM
*delurks*

*lurks again*
Hey sueKay....looks like we lurk together!!!!! Come back again and join in the fun!!!!! :D ;)

**critter**

Critter
March 27th, 2005, 05:07 PM
It doesn't hurt to use them and it isn't that much trouble...that way there is no question....IMHO! :D :D

Critter
March 27th, 2005, 05:16 PM

<<snipped>>
xxx
My vote is: Everybody Hurts Sometimes! ;) But I love them all...Sam and Jack, really, how could I not???? :p

Critter
March 27th, 2005, 05:19 PM
Caty, I am glad you have gone to your happy place :p ....look at all these yummy collages that you've come up with and we all get to enjoy them! You are great for always sharing your love of Jack and Sam with all of us star-crossed lovers of that wacky pair. (((Caty))) ;)

**looks around....must be the only shipper in town tonight....shrugs and walks away.... :o

Oma-1
March 27th, 2005, 05:27 PM
Okay, I have a question. Reading in some ff's, Sam or transfers to another team so that they can be together without the chain of command issue. In others, transfer doesn't solve the problem because Jack is 2IC of SGC so, still in chain of command. So which is it?

The only clue I've noticed about this is in Threads where Kerry tells Jack to retire. But as he's now the General, the situation is different anyway.

So that begs the next question - as head of HW Security, Jack is over the SGC, and Sam will still be in the same chain of command, but as he wouldn't be her CO would that make the difference?????

Ack! This is nearly as bad as the timetravel thing for going round in circles! :p

Kri
March 27th, 2005, 05:58 PM
Caty, I am glad you have gone to your happy place :p ....look at all these yummy collages that you've come up with and we all get to enjoy them! You are great for always sharing your love of Jack and Sam with all of us star-crossed lovers of that wacky pair. (((Caty))) ;)

**looks around....must be the only shipper in town tonight....shrugs and walks away.... :o

Critter! Come back!! lol :D I was watching Home Edition, but am now back to discuss more SHIP!