X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn

snip

2. The time has come to fish or cut bait (as we say here in the south). If TPTB don't let S/J acknowledge the relationship in early S9, they will:
    A. Alienate a huge part of the fan base at the same time that RDA's presence decreases and
    B. Have missed their prime window of opportunity to capitalize on what they've been building toward for four years. Face it: by the time Troi and Wriker got together in ST: NG, no one cared anymore! It was an afterthought, an excuse for a party in a movie.

snip

The sexual tension between Sam and Jack has never been stronger, and early S9 will be the best chance to resolve it once and for all, so we can be happy. Having him in regular contact with her, whether by phone or appearance, would keep him "alive and part of the SG-1 landscape," as Joe Mallozzi said he would be.
    Shippy hugs everyone!!

I hope this is how it plays out, but TP's have set a precedent of ending one season shippily (shippily? ) and beginning the next with a reset. Remember the shippy ending to Lost City? Our hopes were high for New Order and then. . .
    Spoiler:
    Sam and Jack finally find each other alive and it's "Good to see you." "Likewise."
    Some resolution to
    Spoiler:
    "Please, Jack" and putting her hand on the ice!

As I recall, season 6 ended fairly shippily too with Metamorphosis and Full Circle, but they didn't carry it over to the beginning of season 7.

There's so much they could do in season 9 to keep the fire burning, but will they? I really, really, (did I say really?) hope so, but I'm not too optimistic. Nothing TP's do would surprise me anymore. I'm considering Threads to be the end and am stocking up on shippy Threads fics.

sigpic
    s u g a r s h a k e r

Comment

A tribute to Moebius Sam and Jack

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1

http://www.angelfire.com/magic/le_mo.../SJdesert1.jpg

Caty
        HOORAY Sam and Jack are back....thanks Caty....as "always" lovely pics...thanks for sharing

Comment

One of my favorite shippy moments...

Kat

Comment

http://www.angelfire.com/magic/le_mo.../SJdesert1.jpg

Caty
            Oooh I really like this one Caty!!! Great Job!

Kat

Comment

Caty
              Wonderful!
              Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn
                Wow - I just launched it and Eclipse is 49 pages! Wow - I'll print it later and it will be my train reading :-)

BTW - I missed everyone this weekend - hate it when GW is down. Had to read lots of fanfic to make up for it.

And where is everyone this morning????? Dreaming of the ship?

I think we should set up a virtual "betting pool" as to when events will happen - for example - Which ep will TPTB ackowledge the SJ 'ship? When will they kiss in this reality? etc - Thoughts?????
                I hope you enjoy it!!!! and be sure to give your feedback on fanfiction.net for me:

http://www.fanfiction.net/~ubersg1fan

As to where everyone is...I'm still stunned I've been able to post 2 messages without gettting an error message!

Hey! I figured out what's going on at GW. They asked Sam to work on the network and she, um, got a little distracted on her way to the servers...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Omg guys, I just saw moeb II and let me just say
                  Spoiler:
                  Yuuussssssssssssss!!!!!!! I LOVED that kiss! it was AWESOME!! It screamed "alleluia!!!!!!!!" with the things exploding in the background and everything! Although the whole "hot" conversation made me cringe. But all in all, WOO HOO!!!! and i have high hopes for S9!
                  "ALWAYS"

"You know love. It's a strange and mysterious... thing..." - Jack "Sacrifices"

SAM/JACK for sg1
                  and though i promised myself i wouldn't ship for atlantis.... PROUD SHWEIR SHIPPER

Comment

I thought the "hot" discussion was really funny, but all in all Moebius had some great shipper moments!

UberSG-1Fan, are you having IE errors? If so Private Message me and I might be able to offer some advice
                    sigpic

Comment

Helloooooo Shippers! Are we back for a while? I hope so

I am sitting here watching the SG-1 Monday night lineup on Sci-Fi. I feel like I am in mourning for what SG-1 has been for the past 8 years. I wish it had been the last season. At least that way, I'd be happy with the Jack/Sam resolutions I have created in my mind. With a practically RDAless season 9, TPTB have a chance to mess that up.

I miss MY Sg-1 already

Comment

Even though changes have been made, I still really enjoy watching SG-1 and hope they keep dishing out new episodes...I'm curious how season 9 will turn out, especially for those of us who are Sam/Jack Shippers, but I think SG-1 will be good still!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman
                          I would think even though RDA won't be there too much there will still be a relationship implied in many of the episodes...especially after how they left it in season 8.
                          i'd like that a lot. (understatement)

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

My silly computer hasn't let me get on to this forum for over three weeks now and today I figured I'd give it another try.... YAY!! Who knows if i'll be able to get on tomorrow. Have some drawings to show you guys but dad's hogging the scanner at the moment so i'll show you them tomorrow. *crosses fingers she can get on tomorrow*

Just wanted to say hi and that I'm back... for now..lol

Kim

Comment

Originally posted by Kri
                              Helloooooo Shippers! Are we back for a while? I hope so

I am sitting here watching the SG-1 Monday night lineup on Sci-Fi. I feel like I am in mourning for what SG-1 has been for the past 8 years. I wish it had been the last season. At least that way, I'd be happy with the Jack/Sam resolutions I have created in my mind. With a practically RDAless season 9, TPTB have a chance to mess that up.

I miss MY Sg-1 already
                              I know what you mean about wishing it ended with season 8. BUT, i'm looking at season 9 as a chance to show us the fruits of sam and jack's labors. threads spoilers
                              Spoiler:
                              threads brought sam and jack to the final realization of what and who they want, and that they're ready to finally go somewhere with it. i don't think threads/moebius showed that sam and jack are 'together' together as a couple (sleeping together), but i felt it showed them going in that direction. season 9 should show us the beginnings of their relay, even if most of it is one-sided from sam. it's time to show them in a relationship. they've stepped up to the plate, not hit the blasted ball.

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

If only RDA was going to be in Season 9 full time, the way things were left it would be a no brainer what would happen between them!!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X