X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal
    I'm also thinking...
    Spoiler:
    What if anything *really* juicy is going to be done towards the end of season 9? Hasn't that been the way for years now, to slowly build it up over the season? I know I'm grasping at straws, but I bought a huge new package of them (really perdy colors like bright yellow and orange and green and such ), so I've got a LOT of straws left to play with! So maybe Sam's off doing some stupid SGC crap and Jack's playing leader of Homeland Security, but we'll get some 'yeah, mamma!' stuff later on?

Sally, the straw grasper
    Hmmm..... I like the way you grasp!

I'll do some reeeeeeeeeeaching of my own here.... Season Nine Speculation
    Spoiler:
    After some careful thinking and internal debate and reviewing the ship over the course of the entire series, I don't think it's doomed at all. I think, as you said, Sally, it's gonna be another slow build. It will be background, and I think we'll get a nudge or two from Jack, another nudge or two when Sam comes back, and finally, at the end of the season, some kind of major ship development. They've got to set up for the final season (hey, I'm sure I read somewhere that there's a directors comment in a season one dvd that they wanted to go for ten seasons...) or, barring that, the movie that keeps getting pushed back for the next season they weren't gonna do.

Spoiler:
    I knew RDA wouldn't be able to stay away completely!!! Told ya he was having to much fun! I'm so thrilled to death that I was right! <Sniggle> We've got two eps in the beginning... Two opportunities for ship development... Then Sam comes back, with new opportunities for ship development (I'm still one who believes that the indivdual character's development is also ship development. What affects one affects the other!) Then they have their lovely shooting break.... When they come back, I've got a sneaking suspicion that they'll manage to talk him into making a couple of timely appearances towards the end of the season. And if they continue to stick true to tv ship formula, that's about the time we will finally see the much anticipated, greatly debated, declarations of love--in true Stargate fashion, of course!

Spoiler:
    Sam: If we reverse the polarity of the forward thrust, we should be able to skirt around the obstacles, but that's totally dependent on whether I can rig the cloaking device to---

Spoiler:
    Jack: You know I love you, but could you cut to the chase?

Spoiler:
    Sam: I can do it.

Spoiler:
    Jack: I knew you could.

Spoiler:
    Sam: Love you too.

Spoiler:
    Cut to Ship blasting out of harms way.
    Love and hot fudge,
    Bren Ren
    ~
    My stories!
    ~

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
      *delurks*

HAPPY EASTER!

*lurks again*
      SueKay's back too!!!!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

((((((((((((((((((((SueKay))))))))))))))))))))))))

Welcome back Ship Sisters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Love and hot fudge,
      Bren Ren
      ~
      My stories!
      ~

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BrenRen
        SueKay's back too!!!!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

((((((((((((((((((((SueKay))))))))))))))))))))))))

Welcome back Ship Sisters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        (((((((( BrenRen))))))
        I second your YAY for the return of Caty and SueKay. Our two family members are back.
        Let's us all ship now for Sam and Jack. I have faith to TPTB. heheheheheh

Comment

In M2 when Jack said
          Spoiler:
          you have bags to pack. One wonders what she has to pack....maybe a toothbrush

Comment

HAPPY EASTER SHIP FAMILY!!!
            The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
            |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
              Tame you make some great points but IMO SG-1 can never be the Show I Loved
              Spoiler:
              without Jack and Without the Sam and Jack Ship.I also do not see what else there is left for Sam Daniel and Teal'c.I should not say this because I never watched Farscape and while BB may have done a great job on the Show the Show did get cancelled for whatever reasons.I do not recall if it was in Season 3 or 4 but IMO BB still has alot to prove as far as carrying a Show.IMO RDA already proved he could carry a Show before SG-1.I will probably watch some of episodes 1 and 3 with RDA and I may watch the start of the 6th episode when AT comes back but my days of watching SG-1 every week are over.This is going to sound silly but a big reason for me not watching Season 9 is I'am afraid TPTB will bring back every guest start falling for Sam since Jack is pretty much out of the picture.I also would not put it past TPTB to have another Boyfriend for Sam.There may be pressure on TPTB to show more of a personal life for Sam since AT is the only Female lead.I rather not be around if these things happen.My only hope is RDA will be in the final 2 episodes of Season 9 so we get to see another AU Sam and Jack Kiss.
              Ses I definitely don't want to discout any of your concerns ...I KNOW they are shared by many and I myself am reluctant to *invest emotionally* any longer in SG-1....However, I will say that we can't make a decision BASED ON SPECULATION. We also can't be the same *naive* shippers we once were and *Blindly* believe that TPTB are going to resolve *Ships* that THEY start. So I REALLY REALLY understand your point.

I too don't want to see Sam have *The guest of the week* fall for her....been there done that..... But we have absolutely NO clue yet what is going to be said or done with the Sam & Jack ship.... TPTB are NOTORIOUS for keeping THAT under wraps.

So I am just suggesting a wait and see approach until we do know exactly what they are going to do.

When asked if the J&S ship had been resolved...JM replied he thought it was OBVIOUS....well I took that to mean since all *others* were out of the way, we know Jack will be in another capacity then they made it clear with the fishing trip. For years THAT has been the definite thing that shippers have been waiting for. Unfortunately TPTB didn't heed our words after the *Spud Fiasco* but they did stick to their personal statagy of *The Fishing Trip* and so I do believe they feel they did tell us an obvious answer. We just don't like how they did it.

TPTB may blow me out of the water and completely screw up BUT so far I have no clue...so I *wait and see*... There wasn't enough in the show anymore to keep me tuned in once I too heard that RDA would be gone for the most part UNTIL I heard the Ben Browder would be joining. I recommend for anyone that hasn't seen Ben's performances to rent Farscape Peace Kepper Wars. The mini was very well done and newbies to the show are not lost since the creators make a great effort in the story telling to make the mini enjoyable to both old and new fans. See what he will bring the series and if you would enjoy SG-1 again for an action/adventure show with him in the lead.

btw...Farscape was cancelled after its 4th season based on budget constraints in the Sci-Fi channel coffers. Farscape was filmed as an epic show rather then 48 minute blocks and has a grander view visually with CGI and such. So $$$$$ was that shows downfall.

I am in hopes that while we may not get to see Sam & Jack together they WILL be a couple and it can be used in reference, NO this is not what I wanted BUT I will accept it because I do like the show premise.

I have made no secret to my dissatisfaction with how this last season was played out on the screen and yes TPTB are to blame, but I am a positive sort and I have to HOPE that new blood, new storylines and a new leading man MAY just bring back the show I love......yes it won't be the *Old* Sg-1 but I am not so ingrained or resistant to change that I can't view this new effort for what it is. A Sci-Fi show first and foremost and I think I am kind of scared of these particular PTB even trying to handle any more ship

So I will fondly remember and discuss all of the aspects of Sam & Jack I LOVE hug my shipper family with regularity and accept that TPTB for this show aren't as awesome as I first thought
              Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by getcarter
                http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41...Jack/What2.jpg

*peeks head in* Is it ok to come back and play now??

I just wanted to make a comment about this pic that florence posted. Have you ever noticed the way Sam and Jack mimic each other's movements? Look at the way the pens are resting in their hands in the pic. Then watch their hands in the infirmary scene in Threads. They are making the same motions. I often find myself picking up the same mannerisms as my husband and it tickles me to no end to see Sam and Jack doing the same. How many times have you heard Sam say "Ya think?" lately.
                Oh I love that too.....adn I always figured after being married since before dirt got old I would blame all of my weird quirks on my hubs ....I cracked up everytime Sam would say or do a *Jackism*
                Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
                  In M2 when Jack said
                  Spoiler:
                  you have bags to pack. One wonders what she has to pack....maybe a toothbrush
                  *ÜberSG-1Fan bows in respect to gatebee (who she accidentally dissed on another forum by not getting gatebee's message in time)*

I love the way you think, gatebee!
                  Spoiler:
                  It seems clear to me that since there was no 9th season at the time M2 was being filmed, any speculation that the "You've got packing to do" is work-related seems silly to me...especially with the neato-mosquito Threads tie in...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                    I saw that too!
                    Spoiler:
                    I wasn't sure if it was Sam's reaction to Jack's remark (you've got packing to do), or that he nudged her when he walked by. I brought this up to the S/J list but no one replied. I assumed because the idea was too stupid or something. But then again, I'd wondered if he'd nudged her on the butt or something then, so maybe that's why they didn't reply (they were laughing at me too much).

Sally
                    Sorry if I missed replying to your post on S/J, Sally! Please don't take it personally. I've been deleting all the M2 posts because I got tired of listening to them all saying how *wonderful* it was. To me, it was the absolute antithesis. And if you reply and say otherwise, you get chastized and told how wrong you are. If it wasn't for the fanfic, I'd have been off that list long ago.

Anyway, though, I'm not sure which it was. Pretty sad, though, that
                    Spoiler:
                    I found that little nudge and her expression soooooo much more shippy than that POC kiss between the alternates. That was most definitely not our Sam and Jack. And why was Sam so different anyway? She joined the AF way before the Stargate pogram came into being, so why would not finding the stargate have changed her life so much? It makes no sense.
                    - Mary
                    SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                    Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
                      Sorry if I missed replying to your post on S/J, Sally! Please don't take it personally. I've been deleting all the M2 posts because I got tired of listening to them all saying how *wonderful* it was. To me, it was the absolute antithesis. And if you reply and say otherwise, you get chastized and told how wrong you are. If it wasn't for the fanfic, I'd have been off that list long ago.

Spoiler:
                      I found that little nudge and her expression soooooo much more shippy than that POC kiss between the alternates. That was most definitely not our Sam and Jack. And why was Sam so different anyway? She joined the AF way before the Stargate pogram came into being, so why would not finding the stargate have changed her life so much? It makes no sense.
                      Personally I believe the fact that the Alternate Sam & Jack..doing what they did....made ALL the difference in how Sam & Jack related at the end

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252

Spoiler:
                        M2 Spoilers:

Spoiler:
                        Well apparently the chain of events from Ra not leaving the Stargate behind led to completely unforeseen consequences...since Sam didn't join the Air Force after all. How are they connected? Who knows? But then again, why would what happened 5,000 affect whether or not Kinsey would become president of the United States instead of Hayes?

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

hehe, just found this again, YEAAAH for ChibiGate!!!!! HAPPY EASTER once again

Teal'c's (The Secret Shipper) Is here to spread some chocolaty love!!!

*sigh* the things he'll do for our ship...
                          The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                          |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

hey hey fine shippers

WISHING YOU ALL A FANTABULOUS EASTER..

i didnt want any chocolate this year..but ended up having a "little" bit.:

i am so happy Caty was here posting b4.....its great to see some people back

*waits in anticipation for more news on season 9*

oh yeah Atlantis aired here last night..i only watched about half hr of it..had people over and for some reason i really cant get into Atlantis..

well i gotta go get ready for work..public holiday pay i m not complaining

lurve and hugs
                            Bee
                            "Imagination is more important than knowledge"

sig by RepliCartertje
                            http://stargatesg1.com/QueenBee
                            http://www.myspace.com/madame_minx

Comment

Hey shippers!

First time I've posted in this NEW thread, a very nice cleaned up version of it, anyway. It was starting to get just a wee bit full.

Caty, nice to see you pop-in and share a pic with us, thankies for that.

It also seems a lot more of the regulars have returned, now that Moebius 2 has aired. A sigh of relief to see you all back ...

HAPPY EASTER ALL!!!
                              __

__

Comment

Hey Everyone!

Just thought I would stop by and wish my fellow shippers of gateworld a wonderful Easter!

(insert cool bunny graphic and big colors!)

Everyone have a safe and happy Easter!

Bunny and shippy hugs to all!

~*~Emilee~*~

Comment

Working...
                                X