X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rogue
    I am with you, I thought season 8
    Spoiler:
    stunk. But I thought Reckoning 2 was the best ep. The season could have ended there for me, except they would have to change the ending. Instead of Jack dismissing Sam, he tells her he is retiring and he loves her.
    I so agree with the assessment of season 8-
    Spoiler:
    i thought season 7 resembled a vacum cleaner-you know the old joke-what is the difference between season 7 and a broken vacum cleaner-
    Spoiler:
    one sucks, the other doesn't
    -but I have to say that season 8 had no episode that was compelling me or even made me look twice-although reckoning did manage to invoke the old stargate sg-1-
    but really-out of 20.5 hours only 3.5 were worth watching-what does that say?
    Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
      I so agree with the assessment of season 8-
      Spoiler:
      i thought season 7 resembled a vacum cleaner-you know the old joke-what is the difference between season 7 and a broken vacum cleaner-
      Spoiler:
      one sucks, the other doesn't
      -but I have to say that season 8 had no episode that was compelling me or even made me look twice-although reckoning did manage to invoke the old stargate sg-1-
      but really-out of 20.5 hours only 3.5 were worth watching-what does that say?
      Yeah even though we got a good
      Spoiler:
      shippy infirmery/fishing scene and a good daughter/dad scenes, I felt Threads was rushed. I felt there was alot left out of the story.
      Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Spoiler:
        shippy infirmery/fishing scene and a good daughter/dad scenes, I felt Threads was rushed. I felt there was alot left out of the story.
        The scenes between
        Spoiler:
        Sam and Jacob in Threads were golden-it really showed how very close they had become and how much they loved each other-it was really fitting that at the end-his last view of this life was Sam and his last words were I love you. But i really wish that we had seen that scene between Jack and Jacob-it amazed me that in the briefing room Jacob was really needling Sam-like he knew something she ought to know-i wonder if needled Jack as well?
        Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

i agree that
          Spoiler:
          threads was rushed(sad that Jacob died).definitely should have been a two-parter but the TPTB are not going put 3 two-parters one after the other but other than that I actually liked this season but hey that's just my opinion
          I'm a Teenage,Scifi Friday-loving,Sam+Jack Shipper Gurl I am a shippy shipper chockfull of shippy shipperness having shippy shipper dreams!!
          Sam+Jack 4 ever!!!I love Hayden Christensen!!May 19th: Sith Happens!!Can't wait till July! I LOVE RED JELLO,just like Jack...!!

Kinsey:[on S/J]Oh I believe there's a lot more to this than we've been told. Well, of course I hardly expect them to incriminate themselves in their own reports.But we can all read between the lines* -Kinsey, Innauguration
          *1st and only time I agree with Kinsey

Replicarter: There are two of us.
          Jack: If only...
          (Sam looks at him. He clears his throat quietly.) -Replicarter and Jack, Gemini

The land of "lilipu" is an amazing land where I go to think about Sam and Jack being a couple, their future wedding,what their kids will look like... So now it's my own private shippy-world.All shippers invited!!!!

Comment

I am with you, I thought season 8
            Spoiler:
            stunk. But I thought Reckoning 2 was the best ep. The season could have ended there for me, except they would have to change the ending. Instead of Jack dismissing Sam, he tells her he is retiring and he loves her.

I to have to agree..
            Spoiler:
            Season 8 was pretty dull, slow, and basically, very, VERY boring - that was until Reckoning come along. Part one wasn't great, but part two, was awesome, the best episode of the season. Threads was ok, but not great, the ship was good, at last, but still not enough. Let's face it, Moebius didn't help us resolve anyway, just confirmed what we already knew. Your idea of an ending sinks well with me.
            __

__

Comment

Spoiler:
              Yep agree
              Spoiler:
              Threads was rushed. It seemed when I was watching it there was couple major scenes missing that the TPTB weren't showing us! Somebody said awhile back that there was a scene between Jack/Jacob which I could have seen it!

Comment

Originally posted by Cassie
                Yep agree
                Spoiler:
                Threads was rushed. It seemed when I was watching it there was couple major scenes missing that the TPTB weren't showing us! Somebody said awhile back that there was a scene between Jack/Jacob which I could have seen it!
                I wish they had left it in too.
                Spoiler:
                Besides Jack glancing over at Sam while she was talking to Pete on the phone, he didn't get any indication he was concerned about the wedding. I don't think Pete had a chance with Jacob. He wasn't going to give the guy a chance because he knew Sam and Jack belonged togther. He gave her such a hard time in front of Jack. He was not going to let Sam hide, he wanted her to face her mistake. The one thing I was disappointed in was the scenes between Jack and Kerry. I would have like to have had more apprehension on his part. It just didn't seem like he was having a hard time moving on and frankly I didn't see what made Kerry breakup with him.
                Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Well, I see some of us had our cranky pants on this weekend. Obviously enormous amounts of chocolate and alcohol are warrented this morning. I'll start with the Cadberry Creme Eggs. They put me into a diabetic coma every time. They're just so darned good. any other choco-rrific recommendations to get the thread feelin' good?

I think there's another Asgaard Sam/Jack baby story over at Fanfiction right now. I loved The Evolution series, it was a really excellent story. Required reading for any shipper who wants S/J babies (of which I am a shameless advocate!!) There was another one I loved where an AU S/J hooked up after BtS and had a baby, then took him to the real S/J to protect against Anubis. I'll find the link. So.Darned.Good. and much mushiness abounds. Also of the good.

I am now philosphical Botox. I've decided that as long as in my mind, S/J are together having mushiness, it's all good. If I didn't get to see it, well that just costs the IIC s8 dvd sales. I think, honestly, I'm just going to Netflix them for the extras and buy S6, because I've decided to support Jonas. Mansquito was to bad that I feel he needs some extra love this year.
                  The Eye of Botox has been formally recognized by the System Lords! Beware my fire-y wrath!!

by Nikkirose

Comment

*delurks*

I found a Threads fanlisting - http://www.rav-ished.net/threads/index.php

New Forum - http://s10.invisionfree.com/Intel_Fanfiction

*relurks*
                    sigpic
                    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Yay Moebius Pt2!!!
                      Spoiler:
                      that kiss between Jack and Sam (even if it was just AU) was enough to satisfy me. Now, I only hope that they're able to put in the fireworks for Season 9's opener. Hey, a guy can hope, right?
                      Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

A How-The-Heck-Did-We-End-Up-Halfway-Down-The-Second-Page Post!!!!

Come on people, talk!
                        The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                        |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
                          A How-The-Heck-Did-We-End-Up-Halfway-Down-The-Second-Page Post!!!!

Come on people, talk!
                          (((((((((MajorSam))))))))))

Did you see my Basic Ingredients to Romance: Stargate Style? I've only watched it about 700 times...

Regarding the lack of posts, well a few of us yammered on this weekend...

...maybe we're temporarily yammered out for a little while!

There's a lot of apprehension and excitement regarding Season 9 and what recent RDA events could mean for possibly more RDA...

I'm going to just wait and see...I love BenB a LOT so it'll be great seeing him too.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                            (((((((((MajorSam))))))))))

Did you see my Basic Ingredients to Romance: Stargate Style? I've only watched in about 700 times...

Regarding the lack of posts, well a few of us yammered on this weekend...

...maybe we're temporarily yammered out for a little while!

There's a lot of apprehension and excitement regarding Season 9 and what recent RDA events could mean for possibly more RDA...

I'm going to just wait and see...I love BenB a LOT so it'll be great seeing him too.

((((((Uber)))))))))

Yay, someone replied

I have in fact seen your ingredients. Over. and Over. and Over.and Over. Every single time I just about DIE!!! I think i've fallen off every chair in my house, somtimes just THINKING about it!!!

Absolute.

BRILLIANCE.

Utterly.

FANTASTIC!!!!!!

I dont know what words could ever describe it *runs to watch again*

Problem is, although i'm EXTREMELY happy that RDA is back in SOME capacity (SHIPPY SHIPPY SHIPPY) I do NOT like BenB... at all... I in fact don't like any of the Farscape people... Iiii'm worried.
                            The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                            |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

I haven't read all the post. So if someone has posted this before, I did not mean to steal your idea....if no one mentioned this before then here it goes.
                              My hubby usually does not watch SG1 with me. But on the second time that I was watching and hours of my repeating the story to him , he decided to seat and watch M2. He is a non-shipper but of the bat he said after we finished watching it
                              Spoiler:
                              is mackay a s/j shipper? He called it "gateship", as in "ship" and s/j did more than just fly in the gateship.
                              Even my hubby could see everything and he definitely said that the
                              Spoiler:
                              fish was to show they were a kissing couple now
                              hooray

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
                                I haven't read all the post. So if someone has posted this before, I did not mean to steal your idea....if no one mentioned this before then here it goes.
                                My hubby usually does not watch SG1 with me. But on the second time that I was watching and hours of my repeating the story to him , he decided to seat and watch M2. He is a non-shipper but of the bat he said after we finished watching it
                                Spoiler:
                                is mackay a s/j shipper? He called it "gateship", as in "ship" and s/j did more than just fly in the gateship.
                                Even my hubby could see everything and he definitely said that the
                                Spoiler:
                                fish was to show they were a kissing couple now
                                hooray
                                I could see that it would be a subtle way
                                Spoiler:
                                for the writers to throw in the "ship" with McKay. I thought it was interesting as well when Jack repeats "gate ship" back to Carter. A little too obvious to be accidental.
                                -girlgater

Comment

Working...
                                X