Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ancienty console in front of the gate room?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ancienty console in front of the gate room?

Ok, so we see Ancients come back with lightspeed to their home, in disquise to their recent citizens and voila! Something comes out of nowhere right in front of the gate. Is it a "shutting down OS" console or is it more than we could imagine.

Really, I would like to C a picture of them ...

its an override console

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
      its an override console
      And most probably, even override console can't overbeat the ZPM pullout, or is it using another power source, like tiny shells?

And one question submerges, when we ask, how is it activated, since not only Ancients can possess the gene.

Comment

well maybe you need to know it is there and possible a mental inerface since the gene only allows u to acitivate it
        sigpic

Comment

It looked like she waved her hand over it to get it to rise then inputted some controls.

Comment

Actually she just kind of nods her head and it comes up which means it has a mental component and not just a gene component plus she knew it was there. And alls she did was rest her hand on the top of it whcih again says mental interface.

From what i could tell, it didnt shut down the city completely because the lights and everything was still on, it looked like it just shut down the consoles in the control room so i would say it was a way of locking out the ancient database and operating system.

on a side note, u think this device got destroyed when the gate blew up in in the "first contact, lost tribe" episodes?

Comment

Originally posted by apollo22 View Post
              ... it was a way of locking out the ancient database and operating system.
              Hard to believe, after she did that nod, the Atlantis crew didn't used it to protect the city and it's secrets, thus forcing Zelenka to do self destruct predictions aren't able to destroy the city completely. So, I believe the console it's just something like logon screen for Windows, except U dont need to type everything for 1000 time

on a side note, u think this device got destroyed when the gate blew up in in the "first contact, lost tribe" episodes?
              If you think what I'm thinking ... so the device wasn't, so it wasn't running on power cells. So you are probably right, that the console couldn't blow up I think.

Ps. I'm thankful that Atlantis gate isn't from naqua, cause then it should blow the whole system out of the Wraith sight, again thanks to dr. Rodney McKay

Comment

zelenka did those self destruct predictions in "the seige" and they didnt even know about the device till "the return" which was another season later. how could they have used it to protect the city if they didnt even know about it because they were pretty surprised when the ancient lady made it appear.

and i still say it is a lockout device because if it wasnt, then how come the entire control room shut down when she used it and the expedition could not override it.

and how could the device not have been destroyed in the episode because when the gate exploded it left a small crater int he gate room floor and the device was located directly in front of the gate.

Comment

and how could the device not have been destroyed in the episode because when the gate exploded it left a small crater int he gate room floor and the device was located directly in front of the gate.
                  It was, but the Replicators had the entire room rebuilded a few hours after.
                  sigpic
                  - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Originally posted by Steelbox View Post
                    It was, but the Replicators had the entire room rebuilded a few hours after.
                    Good for us, the rebuilded it, without knowing what it is Why? They don't teach themselfs everything. Its obvious I think, they saw the bomb, the floor and nothing more, cause it exploded, so they couldn't find out nothing more than they new earlier ;D
                    Last edited by KaiLynn; 27 November 2009, 01:59 PM. Reason: forgot 2 mention ;)

Comment

zelenka did those self destruct predictions in "the seige" and they didnt even know about the device till "the return" which was another season later. how could they have used it to protect the city if they didnt even know about it because they were pretty surprised when the ancient lady made it appear.
                      I don't want to Spoiler episodes you don't saw, but it's illogical to go for a mission and leave the city in Zelenka's hands

Comment

It's a trap. If the shield can't be raised, you have to precisely time the moment the enemy walks over the hidden slit and scream "Console! Rise!" and SLAM!

Other than that, I think they didn't draw it on the technical journal schematic for the gate room, part of those schematics released less than one year ago.
                        The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
                          It's a trap. If the shield can't be raised, you have to precisely time the moment the enemy walks over the hidden slit and scream "Console! Rise!" and SLAM!

Other than that, I think they didn't draw it on the technical journal schematic for the gate room, part of those schematics released less than one year ago.
                          THat would require to sustain radio communication till everyone walk through one after another to get hit, and all should be masculine

Comment

The gate room has been blown up on two separate occasions. It blew up in "the return" which is the epi where this device came to light in and that is the epi that the replicators repaired the city after we blew it up.

It blew up again in "first contact and lost tribe" epi and the replicators did not repair this time, i dont know how we repaired it.

yes i know it is not necessarily a smart thing to leave zelenka in charge but he is actually very smart and if you dont recall he was the one that told mckay that project acturus wouldnt work and mckay said it would and look at the outcome.

Comment

yes i know it is not necessarily a smart thing to leave zelenka in charge but he is actually very smart and if you dont recall he was the one that told mckay that project acturus wouldnt work and mckay said it would and look at the outcome.
                              Yes, he's a lucky guy here

Comment

Working...
                              X