This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Worlds: CME Continues To Seek Funding

ncGamers has spoken to Cheyenne Mountain about its financial situation, and the state of its long awaited MMO, Stargate Worlds.

Following the recent letter from Cheyenne Mountain that game development was back on track and that exciting news was on the way, we contacted Jeremy Taylor, CME's director of marketing to see what was behind this change in status.

“Yes it is good to have some new content to show and start to be back in the public eye. Most of our time without announcements came from the uncertainty of funding as we did not want to give our community and fan base consistently changing info.” He continued “Production has never completely stopped and we still have a good group of developers working on bringing good quality content to market. It is certainly true that we went through our fair share of attrition due to funding issues but there is a team here and they are very dedicated.”

But, while the game isn't completely out of the woods just yet, things are certainly looking up for Stargate Worlds, which is excellent news for the fans.

“While we continue to seek funding to take us to the finish line we are doing better and are making good progress.”

This game is not happening

http://www.incgamers.com/News/19675/...o-seek-funding

time for a government bail out
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I say we give it funding so that Stargate Worlds will be made or stargate probably never will get a game

Comment

I've been following this game since I first got into Stargate, which was about 2007 I think. The dev team have been extremely resilient and refuse to die, so I 100% believe the game will come out.

In 10 thousand billion years.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian_Jackson View Post
          I've been following this game since I first got into Stargate, which was about 2007 I think. The dev team have been extremely resilient and refuse to die, so I 100% believe the game will come out.

In 10 thousand billion years.
          Nicely played, had me getting on board with the enthusiasm and threw a quick dope slap just before jumping off the band wagon.

LOLLLLLL very funny indeed

Comment

Making a game based on Stargate is hard enough, but plonking it in the mmo genre is an insanely high risk and leap of faith for them.

Don't get me wrong i'd love to see this game released if it was given the spit and polish it deserves but they really are fighting an uphill battle. Stargate has a substantial fanbase and tbh i can see that being where most of the money will come from if the game were released, but not everyone of those fans of the tv shows are gamers.

Stargate just isn't as big in the sci genre as say something like Star Wars or Star Trek. Star Wars Galaxies and the in development KOTOR mmo had/have some of the biggest games developers/publishers behind them so funding isn't a problem.

Fingers crossed things work out well but realistically i can see it falling through in the future. I think making a very good single player experience as SG:The Alliance was meant to be would have been a wiser move, that way they could have tested the water with the potential market so to speak without jumping into the deep end with the development of an mmo that in the long run has to contend against the popularity of things like WoW

Comment

this is sad my team uses unreal 3 and could do a stargate game in a 1/4 of the time and 1/4 of the budget they have used e. I am really thinking about contacting mgm brad wright, or someone and getting this going. we need a damn game & i'm sick of waiting

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper 1 View Post
                I say we give it funding so that Stargate Worlds will be made or stargate probably never will get a game
                I'd rather give funding to another season of SGA. Sorry but I really don't like MMOs. (The Alliance please!?)

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                  I'd rather give funding to another season of SGA. Sorry but I really don't like MMOs. (The Alliance please!?)
                  Another season would be awesome too but that would only last a year and with Stargate Worlds I would actually get to play a game. Another season of SGA would be the better choice!!

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                    Yeah, I'm with you on that, man. I'm all about 'Alliance'. Never going to happen, but looked more interesting.

SGA Season Six all the way, though.
                    If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Check this out I think it's Classic Stargate.

an it didn't take that long to think up

Stargate
                      Raise of the Forgotten

The Goa'uld have been defeated, the Ori have fallen
                      The time of false gods is over. But no one could have imaged what evil was hiding in the darkness.

Back story
                      10,000 years ago The Arctic Plates shift cutting off access to the Earth Stargate.
                      In an attempt to regain control of His people Ra moves a gate from a race he thought he had destroyed leaving this world without a gate and Forgotten.

10,000 years later the Hammond is searching all the Worlds of the Ancients they cannot make a connection with by stargate. In the hopes of finding a legendary device talked about in the Ancient database.

In the last leg of the Hammond trip they are attacked and almost destoryed by an unknown Ship.

They have accoutered a group of Ancients called the Lan'di have been isolated for the last 10'000 years. Left alone their technological level is beyond belief.

It is soon clear on goal of the Lan'di and it will take the reasoners of two galaxies to stop them.
                      Last edited by Leous; 18 November 2009, 08:27 PM.

Comment

You should write it in the stargate fan-fiction, I think it would make a good story! http://forum.gateworld.net/forumdisplay.php?f=19

Comment

I'm gonig to take you up on that.
                          My team is training on the new unreal UDK so I have some down time to do that.

Comment

ill win the lotto next week and pay for it

Comment

i think SG1 the last stand is the most stargat FPS your getting ever.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

Working...
                              X