X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

scifiwire: black and browder reunite on SG-1

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/i...ory=0&id=30065

Black And Browder Reunite In SG-1

Robert C. Cooper, executive producer of SCI FI Channel's original series Stargate SG-1, told SCI FI Wire that Farscape star Claudia Black will reunite with her co-star Ben Browder in several episodes of SG-1's upcoming ninth season. Black will play Vala, a human character who will be introduced in the 12th episode of season eight, "Prometheus Unbound," which airs early next year when SG-1 resumes original episodes.

-

Black will return to SG-1 in five season nine episodes, which begin shooting in March. "We are having to ... deal with a brief absence of Carter, [played by] Amanda Tapping, who's pregnant," Cooper said. "And we had already discussed a storyline that involved the return of Vala, ... the character played by Claudia. And so we thought it worked perfectly to have that sort of miniarc play out maybe while Amanda was less available to us."

Cooper added that Black will play several scenes with Browder. "She's [a] human from another planet," he said. "And she's a bit of ... an enigma. You're not quite sure what her true story is in the episode 'Prometheus Unbound.' She's a bit of a rogue who tells a long story about her planet and her people and her past, and then in the end you're not really quite sure whether it's true or not. So she's a bit of a wild card. She's a very ... sexy character, who isn't afraid to take whatever ... she wants in any given situation. And we had a lot of fun writing the role, and I know she had a lot of fun playing it, and we're going to try very hard to maintain the integrity of that character and still have her sort of join up with the team, but still sort of keep the essence of that wonderful friction that went on between her and Daniel, and I'm sure it'll continue to sort of play out with the rest of the characters as well."
    Last edited by shockwave; 27 December 2004, 10:47 AM.

I believe a rule for the forums is that you aren't supposed to post entire articles. You're supposed to put the link and maybe a little snipet.

I think having them on screen together as different characters than from Farscape will be pretty cool.

What I don't think would really work out would be having the two characters become all lovey-dovey to each other. It would be alot like Farscape. There's nothing wrong with Farscape, it's just... this is SG-1. Not Farscape. It shouldn't turn into 'the invasion of Farscape'.

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
    Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

As long as the link to the original article is present, I think it's okay to post the entire article.
      Liaison of F.O.R.D.
      Click here to help Save Ford!

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Aiden Ford
        As long as the link to the original article is present, I think it's okay to post the entire article.
        I think there were some other threads out there that had an entire article posted and I think the mods either snipped it, or got the poster to snip it.

Oh, and whoohoo! 1,801!

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
        Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Aiden Ford
          If the article is a press release, usually reposting the URl and the article is okay, but for copyrighted articles, no, you shouldn't. Just an extract and link to original source is best.

Comment

I have cut a few paragrahps out, happy now?

Comment

When other things like this have been posted mods have always said articels should not be posted in there entirety, but anyway, im not supprised that they will have scens together, as all of SG-1 will likely meet up with Vala again, all the episodes with her in are probably going to be very cool, and unlike alot of other people im happy with the new direction the show is taking and the new cast members and i carnt wait for season 9, and as i live in the uk i have seen PU and it was a briliant episode, and Vala was awsome

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

Comment

Working...
              X