PDA

View Full Version : Angel : News/Discussion/Appreciation

Pages : [1] 2 3

morjana
May 7th, 2004, 10:47 PM
Zap2It has arranged all their articles on "Angel" in one special section at:

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,713%7C87965%7C1%7C,00.html

There are photos, a link to the "Farewell Angel" Sweepstakes and more.

Morjana

Elwe Singollo
May 9th, 2004, 11:16 AM
Thanks for telling me! I am totally going to miss Angel, it was cancelled for stupid reasons though... Stupid WB!

Emmit Devay
May 19th, 2004, 08:21 PM
So did anybody else watch this? I did, and I just got to say that THAT is how you end a series. It wasn't cheesy. It didn't sell out with a happy, tidy ending. It once again proved that it was a much better series than Buffy. Good Job, Mr. Whedon.

Elitenova
May 19th, 2004, 08:24 PM
I liked it and thought, Why did Wb cancel the show?

DanielFreak
May 19th, 2004, 08:38 PM
Did anyone watch the Finale of Angel. I have been watching from day one and i cryed. I also know for a fact that they left it open for another network to pick it up. I hope they do. DF

Champos
May 19th, 2004, 09:06 PM
I haven't seen it yet, and I don't know when I'm going to be able to, but I'd guess it was good. It was a good series, it shouldn't have been cancelled.

Jonas
May 19th, 2004, 09:57 PM
Spoliers Below!

Great Finale! I loved it. Wes's death was so sad and sweet for Illyria to change into Fred for him. I loved when Lorne wacked Lindsey. It was nice to see Anne and Connor again, plus we got to find out if he had his memories back or not. I think the ending was great with Angel and co. continuing the good fight and it leaves it open to your own wishes, whether they be they survived or they went out in a blaze of glory, fighting the good fight. I think "Not Fade Away" was a better finale then Buffy's "Chosen" last year. (Besides Buffy really had multiple finale episodes)

My only complaint is that they didn't kill Harmony. Angel should have staked her for betraying them and what does he do? He gives her a recommendation!

Shipperahoy
May 19th, 2004, 10:09 PM
I enjoyed it. I was WAY more open ended than I thought that it would be but after seeing it I think it was a great way to end the series. Them doing what they've been doing all along, fighting the good fight. And I'm glad that they brought back Connor. I'm not sure how I feel about Lorne killing Lindsay like that. But I guess that was probably Joss Whedon's intention. To make it really ambiguous. I'm really going to miss this show.

Hatusu
May 19th, 2004, 11:10 PM
yOU CAN REALLY TELL WHEN jOSS wHEDON IS WRITING AN EPISODE. oOPS. i'M YELLING. Sorry.

His dialogue is funny. I didn't realize how much I missed it until I heard lines like:
"I want you!... I'd like to rephrase that." And, "Can you guess which of the words you just said was a mistake?"

OK, can everybody say the magic word?!

Emmit Devay
May 20th, 2004, 09:38 AM
Blood! :D I think my favrite line was, "Can I deny you three times?"

Bast
May 20th, 2004, 10:25 AM
Maybe they will make a new TV show with Spike as the main character.

Teal'c
May 20th, 2004, 04:31 PM
Hey, I started a thread in the appropriate forum about this! :P

EDIT - strange, I checked in here and didn't find an Angel thread! :P

Jill_Ion
May 20th, 2004, 09:35 PM
I think this was the right finale for this show, just like Buffy's finale was right for it. (I think both shows are brilliant.)

SPOILERS
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:

I don't know how I feel about Loren killing Lindsey either. Obviously, Angel didn't want to leave the opportunity for Lindsey to continue doing evil whether or not Angel survived. Loren was willing to do it for the sake of the world, but I could tell murder just wasn't in him, and that was why he was so burdened and left so totally. Having to kill Lindsey took the joie de vivre out of my favorite green demon. :(

I think whether you think it was a happy, sad, or neutral ending depends upon your world viewpoint. A cynic would say, "They're dead. They're all dead and the Apocalypse is minus one, no, two vamps with souls." An optimist would say, "I bet the Slayerettes and a few covens showed up and helped Angel and his crew kick some demon tail!" A neutral person probably wouldn't try to project an ending beyond what we saw.

I'm glad Angel was gonna take on the dragon. I cried when Wesley died. Gunn didn't look too good, but he's such a trooper. Spike gotta read his poetry to an appreciative audience. Any killing on top of that is gravy. Illirya will avenge Wesley quite well.

Good night Angel. I hope you make it.

Elwe Singollo
May 21st, 2004, 12:24 AM
If only Illyria didn't loose her 'time altering' or something powers, it would help out a alot, haha... O well... The retarded WB...

Jill_Ion
May 21st, 2004, 10:52 AM
They probably took Illirya's powers away so she wouldn't be too much of a bada--. Wouldn't be very fun every time one of the good guys were down, she'd step in, slow things down and wipe out the baddie.

(I'd still like to see her do that a few more times, though.)

Yup, stupid WB. Don't know when they gotta good thing.

Bast
May 21st, 2004, 02:08 PM
R.I.P Angel may you forever be loved and apreciated in Syndication.

USS Thunderchild
May 21st, 2004, 02:15 PM
That was one hell of a finale, even though I was never the biggest fan of the show. A great send off.

"Lets go to work."

Phil

Elwe Singollo
May 22nd, 2004, 02:22 PM
Gah, not to be a mean charmed basher, but the reason to cancel Angel was because the show was old/veteran, and didn't repeat well, well Charmed doesn't repeat well either, and its older than Angel, its ratings this season weren't even better than Angel's this year (overall).

Shipperahoy
May 22nd, 2004, 02:37 PM
I actually kind of like Charmed. It's pretty high on the cheese factor but it's entertaining. The thing that really ticks me off is if they're going to cancel a veteran show why the heck is 7th Heaven still around? Are there even any kids left at home? You can't possibly tell me that that does better in repeats than Angel. That show should have been canceled years ago.

Bast
May 22nd, 2004, 03:46 PM
There alot of things that should have gone before Angel, 7th heaven is protected since it gives the network a reason to say it has some good family programing to the goverment, so they can bring it more nudity in reality tv shows at later hours and get away with it.

Thats just my theory!

Elwe Singollo
May 22nd, 2004, 06:49 PM
I actually kind of like Charmed. It's pretty high on the cheese factor but it's entertaining. The thing that really ticks me off is if they're going to cancel a veteran show why the heck is 7th Heaven still around? Are there even any kids left at home? You can't possibly tell me that that does better in repeats than Angel. That show should have been canceled years ago.I totally agree, 7th Heaven(hell), should have been gone along time ago. I hope the WB falls in ratings even more next year.

LtLisa
May 22nd, 2004, 09:24 PM
SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!

first, this is my opinion only! If you loved this show till the end, thats cool (glad someone did!) ok, I thought Angel took a bit of a nose dive in the last couple of seasons...your welcome was great, and the finale was ok...but I thought it was predictable. Example: I have read zero (0, nada, zilch) in the way of spoilers...but I immediately knew (early on) Wesley was the dead guy, that Angel was expecting to fight Hamilton, not kill his demon, and that Lorn was going to kill Lindsey. and I could never get into that wholke Illyria storyline; she was evil...she finds out her hell army's dead...and shes good? puh-lease! I liked the end (all three) of Buffy better...they felt more...finished...first we have Buffy realizing what the whole 'death is your gift' thing meant and dying, then an apocolypse Xander and Willow thing, and the real finale. They all summed up the show, tied it all together. I just didn't feel like this finale did that...I was especially irked by the shrug off of the Shanshu prophesy; oh, just sign here?!? c'mon...several years and thats it?!? But the whole Buffy and co not trusting Angel did it for me...nonononono! (no comment on the line a couple episodes ago from Angel "ours is a forever love"...I'm a rabid Buffy/Angel shipper...and I cringed...I can't believe he said that!!!)
ok, done ranting, feel better!

Teal'c
May 23rd, 2004, 09:27 AM
SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!

first, this is my opinion only! If you loved this show till the end, thats cool (glad someone did!) ok, I thought Angel took a bit of a nose dive in the last couple of seasons...your welcome was great, and the finale was ok...but I thought it was predictable. Example: I have read zero (0, nada, zilch) in the way of spoilers...but I immediately knew (early on) Wesley was the dead guy, that Angel was expecting to fight Hamilton, not kill his demon, and that Lorn was going to kill Lindsey. and I could never get into that wholke Illyria storyline; she was evil...she finds out her hell army's dead...and shes good? puh-lease! I liked the end (all three) of Buffy better...they felt more...finished...first we have Buffy realizing what the whole 'death is your gift' thing meant and dying, then an apocolypse Xander and Willow thing, and the real finale. They all summed up the show, tied it all together. I just didn't feel like this finale did that...I was especially irked by the shrug off of the Shanshu prophesy; oh, just sign here?!? c'mon...several years and thats it?!? But the whole Buffy and co not trusting Angel did it for me...nonononono! (no comment on the line a couple episodes ago from Angel "ours is a forever love"...I'm a rabid Buffy/Angel shipper...and I cringed...I can't believe he said that!!!)
ok, done ranting, feel better!
...what? OK, I could except you realising that Wesley was going to die. (And you were spoiled, the frickin' ad the WB had on, the one that SHOWED Lorne shooting Wesley) I can't, however, see how you knew Angel was going to fight Hamilton, after already having killed the Archduke, there's no way you could have predicted that.

Illyria's storyline was a bit more than that, and she was certainly in no way good, just attached to Wesley. And it wasn't just "irking" off the Shanshu prophecy. It was what Angel had been working towards since the end of Season 1, a goal, a reward for "helping the helpless". He had to give it all up to do what was right. He didn't even expect to survive anyway, so there wasn't much point in keeping it...

I loved the ending. The more I think about it, the better it gets. "Personally, I wanna slay the dragon!" Best ending ever. :D

Elwe Singollo
May 23rd, 2004, 11:24 AM
I totally agree, the ending for me was just right, although i'm still 'grr' that WB cancelled it.

Elwe Singollo
May 24th, 2004, 03:41 PM
Just wanted to share if people wanted to watch it again, me, it hurts me too much to even think about Angel cancelled :(

BURN WB, BURN!

Manic
May 24th, 2004, 08:11 PM
and I could never get into that wholke Illyria storyline; she was evil...she finds out her hell army's dead...and shes good? puh-lease!
It wasn't really that simple for Illyria. After she found out her "army of doom" was dead, she soon found out Fred's mind had collapsed into her own. Chances are Illyria would've been much more evil if her personality hadn't been so thoroughly mixed with Fred's. Fred loved Wesley-- that's why Illyria was always hanging around him. That's probably what stopped her from killing the him and the whole lot. She needed Team Angel to introduce her to this world, and she felt attached to Wesley. She wasn't good. Joining Angel's team just happened to be most convenient for her.

Elwe Singollo
May 26th, 2004, 02:41 PM
I agree, but i think she was 'neutral' in a way.

Bast
May 27th, 2004, 10:34 AM
The Ruined it, Angel would have had a even better season 6 , Illyria seven of nine like character developement, Angel turning agiast Wolf'ram hart , I would have guessed angel would have gone back too the Hotel and went back too his old fasioned low budget fight the good fight self.

If the series had not have ended I am pretty sure Wesly wouldnt have died, but I think atleast Gun or Lorne would have been written off.Most definently Harmony leaving. Since there simpily isnt not enough room in the intro credits for new characters since this year was a big stretch since Angels theme song doesnt go on as long as Buffy.

They could have seen Lindsay join the cast and get redeemed kind of like Spike did on Buffy , Be neat if he got the visions like Doyle and Cordillia.

Were he was a villain but then became a hero.The show was begining to lack a female presence, Buffy was mostly chick, With Cordillia dead all that was left was Fred/illryia and I guess harmony but she waisnt part of the group.

Elwe Singollo
May 27th, 2004, 07:31 PM
An Angel season 6 WOULD have been way better than Seasons 4-5 combined, well maybe not, buy Joss Whedon stated in an article (found somewhere in Buffy.nu and other sites) a few storylines that would have happened if there was going to be a season 6. The Illyria storyline would have been more developed, and Willow comming back, and all sorts of things. And for the opening credits thing, not all characters really have to be in the opening credits, such as in Btvs, Tara was practically a main character in seasons 5-6, but wasn't shown in the opening credits till the episode she died.

sshspooky
May 29th, 2004, 02:18 PM
i don't understand how anyone could not like this finale as it finished of Angel perfectly and capped of a brilliant series and season. Shanshu being shoved of was the right way to go, as it fits in with the themes of Angel, the episode, and how this season has been. All through Angel shanshu has been the big thing, what comes at the end, then when Spike came it wasn't just when it was who. so how do you solve this? a big battle? really end the series happily and make someone human? naah let's just let Angels ign it way. perfect! Angel got rid of the big thing, the reward, making it all about the fight.

however much i would have loved season 6, i am happy with how the series of Angel ended. What i am hoping is that a spin-off show in the future will allow the writers to deal with some of the themes that Season 6 was going to do, and i am hoping it would feature Spike and Illyria.

spook

Elwe Singollo
May 29th, 2004, 02:51 PM
I'm most interested in Illyria too.:)

Bast
May 29th, 2004, 08:13 PM
I think really people were venting their desapointment for the cancelation on the final episode.

Ive seen it twice now ,First time I saw it I was angry at the ending since being a loyal fan for 5 years it always in our heads weither Angel would complete the prophecy and become human,Imagine startrek Voyagers ending if it ended were they all didnt make it home and they were stuck fighting a endless swarm of Borg going down fighting the good fight weither it was futile or not and left you in into the credits before it was truly concluded. You would probaily think that the 7 years of loyal viewing were all a big waste of time.

But seeing the Angel thing twice made me realize that it didnt end out of the spirit of the show, Angels true goal waisnt his reward but too make a amends for his sins as Angelus even if it killed him.

Once you see the episode twice then you understand why it ended the way it did.You repsect it weither you liked it or not.

Elwe Singollo
May 29th, 2004, 10:56 PM
at, http://www.thefutoncritic.com/cgi/gofuton.cgi?action=newswire&id=6607

... Excerpt from article ...

ANGEL (WB) - The "Buffy" spin-off closed its five-year run last week with all-time high viewership in men 12-34 (3.8/12) and men 18-34 (4.0/12) not to mention finished second in its time period in all male demographics and third in persons 12-34, females 12-34, adults 18-34, women 18-34, and female teens, according to a network press release. In addition, the broadcast hit season highs in persons 12-34 (3.5/10), adults 18-34 (3.8/10), women 18-34 (3.5/8), adults 18-49 (2.9/7), women 18-49 (2.9/6), and men 18-49 (2.9/8), despite airing against a one-hour episode of "American Idol" on FOX. Overall, said episode was also the most-watched installment of the series in persons 12-34, adults 18-34, and adults 18-49 since November 2000 and women 18-34 since May 2001.

... End of Excerpt ...

I'm glad it got high ratings, especially when it was against American Idol. Does the WB know how stupid they are that they are cancelling a show that can be successful even against a strong ratings show such as American Idol?

Bast
May 30th, 2004, 07:29 AM
Angel did better then enterprise on average yet it is canceld and enterprise continues for one last season.

WB should make a reality show were you can kill corporate execs.

Elwe Singollo
May 30th, 2004, 07:56 AM
Good Idea, so we can actually get some good decisions.

Jill_Ion
June 1st, 2004, 03:07 PM
I'm glad it did well. I know we had a six-person Angel Finale party and assume anyone who followed it at all would be watching it.

Stupid WB--didn't know they had such a wonderful show, did they?

Elwe Singollo
June 1st, 2004, 03:08 PM
I know, they cancelled the show for stupid reasons!

USS Thunderchild
June 1st, 2004, 03:26 PM
Makes me feel happy knowing they went out with a bang. The episode really deserved it.

Phil

Manic
June 1st, 2004, 05:00 PM
WB should make a reality show were you can kill corporate execs.
No, I'm sure the execs started killing themselves once they got the ratings back for that episode.

Elwe Singollo
June 1st, 2004, 05:04 PM
No, I'm sure the execs started killing themselves once they got the ratings back for that episode.They just didnt like Angel.

Madeleine
June 1st, 2004, 09:49 PM
WB should make a reality show were you ....

TO ALL
I know the post was using a figure of speech / tounge-in-cheek / flippant, but there are people in this fandom who, for reasons it's not worth going into, are particularly sensitive to anything that could be interpreted as a 'death threat'. This is a request that people could try to avoid making throwaway comments about killing any Real People, thanks.

Teal'c
June 2nd, 2004, 10:05 AM
TO ALL
I know the post was using a figure of speech / tounge-in-cheek / flippant, but there are people in this fandom who, for reasons it's not worth going into, are particularly sensitive to anything that could be interpreted as a 'death threat'. This is a request that people could try to avoid making throwaway comments about killing any Real People, thanks.
Since when did the hell-spawn network execs become people? :P

DanielFreak
June 2nd, 2004, 11:49 AM
I want Illirya and Spike to have there own show, Illirya Rocks. DF

Elwe Singollo
June 2nd, 2004, 01:33 PM
Me was thinking the samething:)

Bast
June 2nd, 2004, 06:04 PM
WB is controled by Wolf'ram'heart, They werent happy about Black thorns death.

Elwe Singollo
June 2nd, 2004, 07:09 PM
WB is controled by Wolf'ram'heart, They werent happy about Black thorns death.Very Fun :)

Elwe Singollo
June 2nd, 2004, 08:21 PM
I'm not too fond about Spike, although i like his character, a show with Illyria and him would be interesting :)

Elwe Singollo
June 19th, 2004, 01:58 PM
http://www.shotgunreviews.com/sgr/sgr061004.html

Ok, so Angel is over, but this review (at bottom of the link) reviews the retarded decisions that the WB has made, i just wanted to share it :)

Elwe Singollo
July 15th, 2004, 10:16 AM
According to tvguide (http://www.tvguide.com/news/insider/040715a.asp) (link to the page), i listed the notes about angel here.

Though nothing's imminent, WB has offered "Angel" creator Joss Whedon and star David Boreanaz a chance to do "Angel" movies in the future.

11:30 Special Angel movies remain a possibility, although Ancier says it'll probably take some "coaxing" to get David Boreanaz interested.

11:36 Ancier hints that Angel might still be with us today, had producer 20th Century Fox given the network until May to make a final decision. "We [were forced] to make the decision early based on their request." I can't be sure, but I think that's really going to piss off Angel fans.

-------------------------------------------------
Ok, so Ancier is 'trying' to tell Angel fans that it was Fox's fault for Angel's cancellation? Ancier seems to know nothing about how the show was cancelled, first of all, Joss Whedon, the shows creator, not a Fox Producer asked if Angel was going to get cancelled, Joss Whedon even asked during dinner! And being 'forced' isn't the same as asking a question. What would have been a diffrence to have waited until May to await a renewel or not, while Charmed, whos ratings were falling, and imo episode quality was going down as well, i would think that since they got an early renewel, Angel would have at least deserved a six season renewel. The WB network is becoming really stupid.

DownFallAngel
July 15th, 2004, 11:43 AM
They only cancelled it because it wasn't 7th Heaven.

They need to make an Angel mini-series. SciFi should pic this show up, and give it that.

Shipperahoy
July 15th, 2004, 12:38 PM
I have no doubt that the WB is interested in doing an Angel mini-series, seeing as how the ratings soared during it's last season, but I have my doubts that it will ever happen. David Boreanaz has stated that he isn't interested unless it's on a large scale (i.e. a theatrical movie). And I don't see them bringing back Angel witout...well...Angel.

Elwe Singollo
July 15th, 2004, 01:51 PM
I have no doubt that the WB is interested in doing an Angel mini-series, seeing as how the ratings soared during it's last season, but I have my doubts that it will ever happen. David Boreanaz has stated that he isn't interested unless it's on a large scale (i.e. a theatrical movie). And I don't see them bringing back Angel witout...well...Angel.Yah, i don't blame David Boreanaz either, because it would serve the WB right too see the many mistakes they have brought on themselves. And David Boreanaz seems happy with his family right now, so i'm happy about that too:)

Bast
July 16th, 2004, 01:33 AM
Its good to see they realize now that was a incredibly bone headed decision.

Angel was the only show on the network with any ratings increase, The others were declining. Angel was increasing in ratings 8% per episode in season 5, The Finale had higher rating then Buffy Final episode by a million more viewers.

I hope David Boreanaz does a tv movie mini series for the sake of the dishearted desapointed loyal fans. It was cut down to early there was so much story left to be told, It was getting better episode after episode.

Really Fox should have sold or moved the series to another channel like Stargate SG1 did,Possibly Sci Fi or somthing like that.UPN probaily wouldnt since Buffy was a blunder for them.

Maybe some time in the future Joss Whedon will make a new spin off show in the same Buffy/Angel universe. Maybe with Spike?

Torley
July 16th, 2004, 02:32 AM
It's like they beat them up and are trying to lure them back. There must be so much tension and drama behind the scenes. Man, Joss Whedon doesn't get the respect he deserves, but boy is he persistent. Making any spin-off show would make fans want to see "the whole gang" reunited sooner or later, and I don't know if they could do that.

I don't know how'd they start it up again, as the ending of Angel was poignantly symbolic and left to the interpretation of the viewer whether the gang lives or dies, or something else entirely.

Bast
July 16th, 2004, 03:03 AM
Concidering all the Cliff hangers Ive seen ,I am sure they can figure somthing out.Angel had absorbed the powers of Marcus Hamilton before confronting the Senior Partners and their legion of Doom.

Magic Portal apearing for them to escape through, Buffy and the Slayers show up. Anything is possible.Even Whillow Unleashing her full power could kill those rampaging forces.

Remeber Buffy and a handful of Slayers had taken on thousands of UberVamps and won.

Elwe Singollo
July 16th, 2004, 03:05 AM
I think hes off to make movies, his original plan in the first place. Although i'm looking forward to Serenity, i kinda hoped UPN didn't buy Angel, because first of all, UPN has less affiliates than the WB, so thats like, minus a million viewers, and although UPN doesn't know how to advertise their shows right (they advertise all thier shows like their comedies when some of them are not), the WB didn't advertise Angel at all, and i'm little exagerrating, all you would see is Smallville previews, Gilmore previews, Charmed previews, heck, a WB movie would get more than Angel.

Bast
July 16th, 2004, 03:22 AM
Despite that Angel was still their fastest growing show and they didnt even know it, Imagine if they advertised Angel how well it would have done?

UPN sucks! They let Enterprise fall through the Tubes not supporting it enough,They turned their Channel into a sitcom and reality show dump!

But I would have rather Angel went to UPN then have it canceld.

Elwe Singollo
July 16th, 2004, 03:25 AM
Despite that Angel was still their fastest growing show and they didnt even know it, Imagine if they advertised Angel how well it would have done?

UPN sucks! They let Enterprise fall through the Tubes not supporting it enough,They turned their Channel into a sitcom and reality show dump!

But I would have rather Angel went to UPN then have it canceld.Yah, i retract my previous words, and say i would have rather Angel go to UPN to escape cancellation. UPN is filled with too much comedy's, and they mistake the 'funny' with the 'drama', but now, practically all the drama has left.

Racer1441
July 20th, 2004, 07:57 PM
I believe the future of the buffy/angel universe is on regular tv. See who'd be interested in doing it, from both casts, and go from there. You'd need a main person, and if buffy and angel arn't it, so it'd need to be spike or one of the more popular other slayers, then fill in with established folks, and some new ones.

The biggest problem with the series isn't the cast or production, it's the limited vision of the network.

Elwe Singollo
July 20th, 2004, 08:03 PM
I think i havent really moved on with the shows being over, but i think that the shows should stay where they are, because i think if Joss Whedon's Serenity does good, then i think hes on his way to bigger projects, away from the WB.

Torley
July 21st, 2004, 01:20 AM
I really liked Angel, but you know, I think Joss Whedon gets such a hard time. He's such a persistant guy too though -- turning Buffy from that movie into a successful 7-year TV run, and now kind of doing the inverse with Firefly. That's just really funny! I wonder why they didn't title the movie Firefly: Serenity but I guess they're going for other things than the brand-name recognition of the TV show, which FOX majorly messed up on I think. Ugh.

DownFallAngel
July 21st, 2004, 06:20 AM
Why is it that everyone likes this FIREFLY series!? What is it about?!

Bast
July 21st, 2004, 07:50 AM
Firefly isnt for my tastes, You got Starhunter which doesnt have as good effects but heck they do got alot of action and drama, Its basically the same premise as firefly except with everyone being bounty hunters for hire and everyone is looking for revenge or to find someone.But I couldnt get into either show.

Firefly was trying to be a western cowboy flick and a Sci fi at the same time,Western flicks are not very big anymore,The story had no goal or purpose except floating around. But I got to give credit to the theme song it was kind of fresh and different and less generic, Actually I would watch the first 2 minutes just to see the theme song and then I would change the channel.

Elwe Singollo
July 21st, 2004, 08:00 AM
I think its the characters that made me like the show, and the growing mystery behind one of the characters whos kind of crazy, but knows everything. I wasn't sure what they did except be bounty hunters, but yah, haha...

Teal'c
July 21st, 2004, 03:36 PM
Firefly just summed up Joss totally: Creative genius who keeps getting screwed over by executives :P

The WB cancelled Angel because they have a new vampire show, which is obviously cheaper to make, since its new. And you know that unwritten TV rule, there can only be ONE vampire show per network per season :P Trying to place the blame on someone else is just weaseling. I don't want them to get an Angel TV movie, they can crash and burn, MWAHAHAHA! :P

Come on Buffyverse movie! :D

DownFallAngel
July 21st, 2004, 03:44 PM
I have to say though, that these open endings for the Buffy-verse, are really annoying.

What new vampire show are you talking about Teal'c?

Elwe Singollo
July 21st, 2004, 05:52 PM
I think the new vampire show Teal'c was reffering to was "Dark Shadows" a remake of a remake of a vampire gothic soap opera. It was hyped and everything, but it wasn't picked up :D It didn't deserve it either.

DownFallAngel
July 21st, 2004, 07:34 PM
That stinky vampire show they run on SciFi sometimes!? Bah! That show stunk!

Elwe Singollo
July 21st, 2004, 08:07 PM
Yah, i didn't catch it on scifi though, i did see some episodes, i wasn't too interested. The show tried to remake itself back in 90's on NBC, but was cancelled.

MartoufMarty
December 27th, 2004, 10:41 AM
Come on, who loves this show?

Who's mad that it was cancelled?

Who loves Wesley? :P

I don't know what it is, but I just love this show. I only recently got into the Buffy and Angel fandom, and I say that Angel is BY FAR the best.

I love Wesley so much. I've seen the first three seasons, the last half of season four, and the first 14 episodes of season 5. I'm already mad that they cancelled it.

So if you love Angel and wanna talk about the show, come on!

Put spoilers in the spoiler tag for people like me who haven't seen all the episodes yet.

aAnubiSs
December 27th, 2004, 10:50 AM
I do.

Everyone.

He's alright.

I don't know what it is, but I just love this show. I only recently got into the Buffy and Angel fandom, and I say that Angel is BY FAR the best.
Angel is darker then Buffy, and I've always enjoyed darkness and misery. So yes, Angel is better :)

I love Wesley so much. I've seen the first three seasons, the last half of season four, and the first 14 episodes of season 5. I'm already mad that they cancelled it.
Can't say there's any particular character I like more then any other. The show was really well done and all characters had both good sides and bad sides.

MartoufMarty
December 27th, 2004, 10:56 AM
Ah come on, Wesley rocks! :P

All the characters are great. Out of the cast of Angel I rank them from Most Loved To Least:

Wesley
Cordelia
Fred (tied with Angel)
Gunn

Cordelia is great. She's funny, serious, ditzy, kick ass sometimes. (spoilers for You're Welcome) The episode You're Welcome was so sad. I cried when Cordelia left. She really left before when she was in a coma but it really hit when she died. I really cired :( So sad.

They're all great, but I love Wesley more than everyone else lol.

Doyle was great too. So sad to hear the guy who played him overdosed about two years ago...

Spike is great too. I consider him more for Buffy than Angel because was only in one season of Angel. I'm a total Spike/Fred shipper lol. And a Fred/Wesley shipper. Poor Wesley can never get the girl...

Vala
December 27th, 2004, 11:04 AM
I *love* Angel... Way way better than Buffy ever was... I love Wes... sad what happened to him. My favorite Character was Fred, sad what happened to her. haha I am a Wes/Fred shipper obviously and an Angel/Cordy or Angel/Darla shipper (depending on my mood)

MartoufMarty
December 27th, 2004, 11:11 AM
I *love* Angel... Way way better than Buffy ever was... I love Wes... sad what happened to him. My favorite Character was Fred, sad what happened to her. haha I am a Wes/Fred shipper obviously and an Angel/Cordy or Angel/Darla shipper (depending on my mood)
Listing of ships and slash:

Wes/Fred, Angel/Cordy, Spike/Fred, and Wes/Angel.

I never really felt the 'Gunn/Fred' love. Poor Wesley... :(

I could go on, and on, and on about Wesley :P

Out of all the episodes I've seen, there's only two that I haven't liked. The season one episode She, and this season five episode with the Mexican demon hunter/wrestler. I didn't really like that episode.

The episodes Parting Gifts and Guise Will Be Guise are just hilarious. Dorky Wesley is great. He's so funny.

I also love the episode with the exorcisim (sp). Angel is all speaking latin and then yells, "NOW GET THE HELL OUT!" That's great.

I LOVE season three. And I also love the last few episodes of season two.

I swear my favorite quote so far is, "Can you guys stop and see how much fire I'm not on?"

Vala
December 27th, 2004, 11:20 AM
Listing of ships and slash:

Wes/Fred, Angel/Cordy, Spike/Fred, and Wes/Angel.

I swear my favorite quote so far is, "Can you guys stop and see how much fire I'm not on?"
if slash pairings count... Spangel! lol... I love that fire quote too funniest thing Angel ever said.

MartoufMarty
December 27th, 2004, 11:24 AM
if slash pairings count... Spangel! lol... I love that fire quote too funniest thing Angel ever said.
Spike/Angel is okay... Not as good as Wesley/Angel though :P

My sister watched a little bit of some episodes. She heard that quote, and she loves it.

I've convinced her to watch Buffy and Angel. I just have to get the rest of the seasons that I don't have yet (seasons 2, 3, and 5 of Buffy. Seasons 4, and 5 of Angel). She's seen a little bit of each show, and so far she loves Angel more.

Angel is darker, and it's more angsty... and awesome :P

Shipperahoy
December 27th, 2004, 12:03 PM
I've been on board with Buffy and then Angel from day one. I loved it before I loved Stargate, although I wasn't a part of the online fandom (Stargate is the first and only fandom I've belonged to). I was a Buffy/Angel shipper but fast became a Cordelia/Angel shipper and was not happy with how that turned out. I don't really favor one show over the other. They're like children, you love them both equally but they have different personalities. I didn't particularly care for season 4 of Angel. The whole Connor thing bothered me. I did love when Spike came over. Him and Angel just played so well off of each other. And they really gave the slashers something to play with, and they seemed to do it intentionally. Like when Spike was saying to Illyria that he and Angel had never been intimate "except that one time". I LMAO.

aAnubiSs
December 27th, 2004, 12:05 PM
Spike is the best character in Buffy/Angel. Especially when combined with Illyria.

MartoufMarty
December 27th, 2004, 12:12 PM
Spike is great.

I haven't seen any episode with Illyria.

Ask me tomorrow :P

Episode 15 (Shells I believe) is on at midnight! Eeee yay!

Connor is creepy. Cordelia/Connor is just so WRONG! *shudders*

Jasmine was cool and creepy evil though.

Vala
December 27th, 2004, 12:14 PM
Spike is great.

I haven't seen any episode with Illyria.

Ask me tomorrow :P

Episode 15 (Shells I believe) is on at midnight! Eeee yay!

Connor is creepy. Cordelia/Connor is just so WRONG! *shudders*

Jasmine was cool and creepy evil though.
Illyria rocks! I can't beleve you haven't seen them yet

I love the one time quote LOL

MartoufMarty
December 27th, 2004, 12:21 PM
Illyria rocks! I can't beleve you haven't seen them yet

I love the one time quote LOL
Hey, shh. I'm watching it on Space. Not right now. It's on at midnight Mondays - Thursday. Not my fault :P

Vala
December 27th, 2004, 12:30 PM
Hey, shh. I'm watching it on Space. Not right now. It's on at midnight Mondays - Thursday. Not my fault :P
okay... I won't talk about anything past S4 till you say so ;)

MartoufMarty
December 27th, 2004, 12:37 PM
okay... I won't talk about anything past S4 till you say so ;)
Well, you can talk about anything up to episode 15 of season 5.

Oh hey, I got custom avatars now! :P

Vala
December 27th, 2004, 12:54 PM
Well, you can talk about anything up to episode 15 of season 5.

Oh hey, I got custom avatars now! :P hmm have you seen Ryan's Float on vid about S5 yet?

BTW: I'll *never* get a custom avi in this thread :P

MartoufMarty
December 27th, 2004, 12:55 PM
hmm have you seen Ryan's Float on vid about S5 yet?

BTW: I'll *never* get a custom avi in this thread :P
Um... No. I must have missed it... Shall go look now for that vid lol.

I love that song.

I see you are a Modest Mouse fan lol.

I made a Stargate Atlantis vid to the song Float On.

Vala
December 27th, 2004, 12:59 PM
Um... No. I must have missed it... Shall go look now for that vid lol.

I love that song.

I see you are a Modest Mouse fan lol.

I made a Stargate Atlantis vid to the song Float On.
hahha FieryHands made one for farscape... I plan on doing float on to Arrested development.

and Also OBS for farscape. lol I love Modest Mouse

can I get a link to yours?

MartoufMarty
December 27th, 2004, 01:06 PM
I watched Ryan's Float On vid. That was awesome!

Anyways:

http://embark.to/martoufmarty/

Go to 'Music Videos', then to 'Stargate Atlantis' and it is somewhere there.

Oh, I also have an Angel season 2 vid to the song Creatures (For A While) by 311 but it's not on my site yet unfortunately.

Vala
December 27th, 2004, 01:44 PM
I watched Ryan's Float On vid. That was awesome!

Anyways:

Go to 'Music Videos', then to 'Stargate Atlantis' and it is somewhere there.

Oh, I also have an Angel season 2 vid to the song Creatures (For A While) by 311 but it's not on my site yet unfortunately.
after watching that which was a cute fun vid... back to Angel

what is everyone's favorite episode?

mine is smiletime, reunion, or Girl in question (which MM hasn't seen yet)

MartoufMarty
December 27th, 2004, 01:49 PM
Umm... One of my favorite episodes has to be... Birthday, and Parting Gifts (because Wesley is just hilarious)... Um... Billy was really good and um... Sleep Tight.

I also really liked Waiting In The Wings with the ballet lol. Dunno why.

And Five by Five.

And... I don't really have a favorite lol.

Oh, and Heroes and You're Welcome. Really sad those two. I cried when watching them.

Vala
December 27th, 2004, 01:50 PM
oh Wes was good in spin the bottle too hehe "Head boy"

MartoufMarty
December 27th, 2004, 01:51 PM
oh Wes was good in spin the bottle too hehe "Head boy"
Shh! I haven't seen that one yet!

... I really wanna see it though. I know what it's about...

Vala
December 27th, 2004, 01:53 PM
Shh! I haven't seen that one yet!

... I really wanna see it though. I know what it's about...
it's so funny... so what have you not seen? I think i have seen them all I just had started watching durring season five, and was miffed they cancelled it!

MartoufMarty
December 27th, 2004, 01:54 PM
it's so funny... so what have you not seen? I think i have seen them all I just had started watching durring season five, and was miffed they cancelled it!
I haven't seen the first half of season 4, and episode 15 on of season 5. That's it.

Well, VCR wasn't being nice on Thursday and decided not to record the episode where Angel turned into a puppet so I didn't see that one... I really wanted to see that one :(

Liv
December 27th, 2004, 02:40 PM
I do. :p

Yep, again.

Well, how can one not? :D

Seriously though, Wesley is definitely one of my favorites in the Whedon-verse, and one who I think (possibly) went through the biggest change of them all, if you consider how he started out and what kind of a person he evolved into. Alexis Denisof is such an amazing actor.

I love them both, each in their own way. Although, I'm not all that fond of season four of Angel. There were some characterization in that season that I feelt veered pretty wildly from the way the characters acted throughout seasons 1-3.

I'm curious, which seasons of Buffy have you seen so far, Marty? All of them?

Oh, and favorite episodes from each season:

Season 1: Five by Five (Faith, Faith and yet more Faith. And Wesley.)
Season 2: Reunion (Darla. Dru. "And yet, somehow, I just can't seem to care.")
Season 3: Billy (Because Ad is an amazing actor. Or did I say that already? :p)
Season 4: Spin the Bottle (Funny, funny oh, so funny).
Season 5: A Hole in the World (And - just to balance things out a bit ;) - sad, sad oh, so sad.)

And then there's: Are You Now or Have You Ever Been, Darla, The Trial, Redefinition, Lullaby, Damage... I could just go on and on. But I won't. :p

MartoufMarty
December 27th, 2004, 04:40 PM
Out of Buffy, I've seen all of seasons 1, 4, 6, and 7. I haven't seen any of seasons 2 or 5 yet, and I've seen the last half of season 3.

It's a great show. I just think Angel is whoa, so much better :P

Alexis is a such a great actor, I agree! I even loved him back when I first saw him in season 3 of Buffy. He was cool and dorky and such, but he's changed so much for even better :D

Vala
December 27th, 2004, 04:45 PM
Out of Buffy, I've seen all of seasons 1, 4, 6, and 7. I haven't seen any of seasons 2 or 5 yet, and I've seen the last half of season 3.

It's a great show. I just think Angel is whoa, so much better :P

Alexis is a such a great actor, I agree! I even loved him back when I first saw him in season 3 of Buffy. He was cool and dorky and such, but he's changed so much for even better :D oddly I think seasons 2 & 5 are the best in 2 we get one of my favorite ships ever Dru/Spike :heart: and in 5 we get the beginings of Spikes obsession with Buffy which turns into love and two of the best eps ever Fool for love (fanged four ep!) and Crush (which sadly ends the Dru/Spike ship permently)

but I agree, Angel is even better than those two seasons which i love *so* much.

Alexis was so cute as the dorky no one listens to me watcher guy hehe

samisjacksgal
December 27th, 2004, 04:55 PM
I DO!

I AM!

I DO altho i love Spike, Lyndsey and Angel to lol ;) :p :D

ive only watched season 5 so far *goes into corner and hides*

MartoufMarty
December 27th, 2004, 05:00 PM
You're the third person to answer those question like that! Copier! :P

samisjacksgal
December 27th, 2004, 05:02 PM
You're the third person to answer those question like that! Copier! :P
:p:P:D:D

MartoufMarty
December 27th, 2004, 05:05 PM
:p:P:D:D
Hey, well, you love Angel so, there's no problem...

Isn't Wesley just great? :P

I know, I know, I won't shut up about Wesley.

We just um... ordered season 4 of Angel (and seasons 2, 3, and 5 of Buffy)... with this online renting thingy... Yay!

MartoufMarty
December 27th, 2004, 05:11 PM
Does anyone have any really really good Angel vid recommendations?

I would highly recommend anything by Ryan: http://morbidmuch.com

Demonoid Phenomenon and Toxicity by txlsplash: http://www.geocities.com/txlsplash/

Anything by Sassy Kitten (especially It's Been a While, These Days, Boulevard of Broken Dreams and Living Dead Girl): http://www.sassykittenvids.com/home.html

One of the greatest vids I've ever seen called Here: http://www.kamil.slashcity.com/eyecandy/

I would really love to see more Wesley vids, but I can't really find that many on http://www.buffyvids.com

So... anyone? :D

samisjacksgal
December 27th, 2004, 05:14 PM
Hey, well, you love Angel so, there's no problem...

Isn't Wesley just great? :P

I know, I know, I won't shut up about Wesley.

We just um... ordered season 4 of Angel (and seasons 2, 3, and 5 of Buffy)... with this online renting thingy... Yay!

i havent got any seasons of angel......yet ....but i got all of buffy on video last year :D :D

Wesley is cute lol especially in season 3 of buffy, where buffy has that demon thing where she can hear everyones thoughts and he says "look at cordelia....NO dont look at cordelia" so funny lol, and later onwhen he tries to kiss her in graduation pt 1 or 2...i cant rememeber

but in Angel hes just....wow....love roughed up wes ;) :p :D

MartoufMarty
December 27th, 2004, 05:19 PM
i havent got any seasons of angel......yet ....but i got all of buffy on video last year :D :D

Wesley is cute lol especially in season 3 of buffy, where buffy has that demon thing where she can hear everyones thoughts and he says "look at cordelia....NO dont look at cordelia" so funny lol, and later onwhen he tries to kiss her in graduation pt 1 or 2...i cant rememeber

but in Angel hes just....wow....love roughed up wes ;) :p :D
Oh yeah he's just so awesome when he's all dorky. That episode with Buffy hearing everyone's thought was awesome.

I think that Wesley/Cordelia was very cute even though it just had the one kiss that didn't seem that good lol.

Okay, I don't know why but I'm laughing and giggling all crazy. I think I'm gonna hyperventilate soon if I don't stop.

Vala
December 27th, 2004, 05:21 PM
Does anyone have any really really good Angel vid recommendations?
Charmax... I forget the site... those vids are great she has a Wes vid that you should watch after you see how it ends.

MartoufMarty
December 27th, 2004, 05:24 PM
Charmax... I forget the site... those vids are great she has a Wes vid that you should watch after you see how it ends.
Charmax, yeah she has great vids. Her Equilibrium vid 'In The Shadows' is just the best!

What Wesley vid are you refering to though? :S

Vala
December 27th, 2004, 05:30 PM
Charmax, yeah she has great vids. Her Equilibrium vid 'In The Shadows' is just the best!

What Wesley vid are you refering to though? :S Suicide note (I think it's hers I remeber the little watermark)... my favorite vid ever from any fandom is her Taste you to Dru/Spike

MartoufMarty
December 27th, 2004, 05:34 PM
Suicide note (I think it's hers I remeber the little watermark)... my favorite vid ever from any fandom is her Taste you to Dru/Spike
Oh yeah, I've seen the Suicide Note one. The song was kind of creepy and cool. Really cool vid.

I haven't seen Taste You yet.

I was just at her site about ten minutes ago. She has a new layout. It's really cool.

Here's the site if someone else is interested: http://www.bronze-ambition.net/

Her 'Weak' vid (Faith/Buffy) is really cool. It's AU and very believeable.

Vala
December 27th, 2004, 05:42 PM
Well, VCR wasn't being nice on Thursday and decided not to record the episode where Angel turned into a puppet so I didn't see that one... I really wanted to see that one :(
oh sorry just read that... that was too cute of ep hehe and fred and wes FINALY got together.

FieryHands
December 27th, 2004, 06:00 PM
"Wasted Years" is an excellent Wes vid by Xandra. I really love her "Champagne Supernova" but the song gets stuck in my head like nothing else on this planet except Brittany Spears songs."Way You Like It" is my favorite spangel vid. "Gravity of Love" I forget who edited it, but a wonderful and sad Fresley vid. There's also "Manic Monday" I think by the same vidder, its of Harmony. Too cute.

I refuse to answer the original post in the exact same way everyone else has. I loved Angel, when it got cancelled I stopped watching the WB, I adore Spike but Wes rocks too, Illyria is probably my second favorite character and while Angel will never be my high on my list, he got better once he got his own show. Season 2 is my favorite Buffy season since it had Angelus in it and of course, introduced Spike and Dru, but season 5 of Angel is my absolute favorite and I want to get it when it comes out on DVD in February.

Oh, and "Taste You" rocks. I highly recommend it.

MartoufMarty
December 27th, 2004, 06:23 PM
oh sorry just read that... that was too cute of ep hehe and fred and wes FINALY got together.
OMG really?

Awww! I missed it! :(

Damnit!

I'd beat up the VCR but I still need it...

MartoufMarty
December 27th, 2004, 06:24 PM
I saw the Wasted Years vid before. Loved it!

Watched Taste You a little while ago and that vid rocks!

Vala
December 27th, 2004, 06:25 PM
OMG really?

Awww! I missed it! :(

Damnit!

I'd beat up the VCR but I still need it...
you should watch FieryHands Smiletime vid it is like 1 minute and sumerizes it pretty well LOL

Vala
December 27th, 2004, 06:26 PM
I saw the Wasted Years vid before. Loved it!

Watched Taste You a little while ago and that vid rocks!
Wasted years was great... I have it somewhere...

Taste You was on replay for like a week when I first saw it lol

MartoufMarty
December 27th, 2004, 06:27 PM
you should watch FieryHands Smiletime vid it is like 1 minute and sumerizes it pretty well LOL
Oooh, where?

Vala
December 27th, 2004, 06:29 PM
http://www.fieryhands.com

MartoufMarty
December 27th, 2004, 06:31 PM
Wow, I really wish I thought of that (d'oh!)

... Okay, where am I looking here?

Vala
December 27th, 2004, 06:33 PM
Wow, I really wish I thought of that (d'oh!)

... Okay, where am I looking here?
hahah

I think it says Blossem or Opinionation maybe smiletime... I don't know

wait... vids maybe?

MartoufMarty
December 27th, 2004, 06:34 PM
hahah

I think it says Blossem or Opinionation maybe smiletime... I don't know

wait... vids maybe?
It's just got Farscape vids.

Maybe it's in some login part or something...?

Vala
December 27th, 2004, 06:36 PM
It's just got Farscape vids.

Maybe it's in some login part or something...?
she only has two non farscape vids so they're together.

MartoufMarty
December 27th, 2004, 06:38 PM
she only has two non farscape vids so they're together.
Have a look for yourself, I can't find it... :(

Vala
December 27th, 2004, 06:42 PM
frell (sorry) you are right.

FieryHands!!!

add: try a BVMVDB search on Fred/Wes

MartoufMarty
December 27th, 2004, 06:44 PM
frell (sorry) you are right.

FieryHands!!!

add: try a BVMVDB search on Fred/Wes
Hehehe. You said frell :P (used to be a bit of a Farscape fan myself back in the day).

It's okay.

Was the scene something with fire and them making out in front of it?

If so, I saw it in a couple vids.

Vala
December 27th, 2004, 06:46 PM
Was the scene something with fire and then making out in front of it?

If so, I saw it in a couple vids.
no

okay try this link

www.fieryhands.com/musicvids.html

Vala
December 27th, 2004, 06:50 PM
www.fieryhands.com/s_t.zip

MartoufMarty
December 27th, 2004, 06:50 PM
no

okay try this link

www.fieryhands.com/musicvids.html
LMAO! That was hilarious!

Okay, so that was them getting together...

What's with the scene with the fire and all that?

Vala
December 27th, 2004, 06:52 PM
LMAO! That was hilarious!

Okay, so that was them getting together...

What's with the scene with the fire and all that? the begining of the next episode I guess they were together a while then

MartoufMarty
December 27th, 2004, 06:56 PM
the begining of the next episode I guess they were together a while then
Okay, say it with me now:

"Awwww."

Wesley and Fred are just so cute together!

Vala
December 27th, 2004, 06:58 PM
Okay, say it with me now:

"Awwww."

Wesley and Fred are just so cute together! "aww" they are, but I liked Lilah and him too haha, I don't know why... while I didn't ship for Gunn and her I didn't hate it but I knew it wouldn't work out.

MartoufMarty
December 27th, 2004, 07:01 PM
"aww" they are, but I liked Lilah and him too haha, I don't know why... while I didn't ship for Gunn and her I didn't hate it but I knew it wouldn't work out.
Yeah, I didn't ship for Gunn and Fred either. It should have been Wesley/Fred from the start! :)

I really haven't actually seen that much Lilah/Wesley. Except for what happened at the end of season 3.

Vala
December 27th, 2004, 07:06 PM
Yeah, I didn't ship for Gunn and Fred either. It should have been Wesley/Fred from the start! :)

I really haven't actually seen that much Lilah/Wesley. Except for what happened at the end of season 3.
right because you haven't seen season four. Wes and fred had great chemistry from the begining... I love how Wes was twords her when she was alittle nuts haha. It's just cute.

MartoufMarty
December 27th, 2004, 07:07 PM
right because you haven't seen season four. Wes and fred had great chemistry from the begining... I love how Wes was twords her when she was alittle nuts haha. It's just cute.
Or in the one episode I think it was Dead End or something when Wesley was going to have a nice romantic dinner with Fred but everyone else tagged along.

Or with the ballet. Both Wesley and Gunn were going after Fred, but poor Wesley got his heart broken :(

Vala
December 27th, 2004, 07:18 PM
Or in the one episode I think it was Dead End or something when Wesley was going to have a nice romantic dinner with Fred but everyone else tagged along.

Or with the ballet. Both Wesley and Gunn were going after Fred, but poor Wesley got his heart broken :(
yes... those were sad... EVERYONE knew Wes wanted Fred.

MartoufMarty
December 27th, 2004, 07:20 PM
yes... those were sad... EVERYONE knew Wes wanted Fred.
They weren't sad-sad, but sad...

Poor Wesley.

First that one woman who he saved from her own dad dumped him after he was shot, then he lost Fred to Gunn. :(

Vala
December 27th, 2004, 07:22 PM
They weren't sad-sad, but sad...

Poor Wesley.

First that one woman who he saved from her own dad dumped him after he was shot, then he lost Fred to Gunn. :(
that's what I meant from his perspective.

add: OMG I HATE VIRGINIA BRYCE lol had to add that

MartoufMarty
December 27th, 2004, 07:26 PM
that's what I meant from his perspective.

add: OMG I HATE VIRGINIA BRYCE lol had to add that
I know what you meant :P

When we first saw Virginia in Guise Will Be Guise I liked her.

But then she went and dumped Wesley not long after he was shot!

B!tch!

Who in their right mind would dump Wesley?

I know I wouldn't. :P

Vala
December 27th, 2004, 07:29 PM
I know what you meant :P

When we first saw Virginia in Guise Will Be Guise I liked her.

But then she went and dumped Wesley not long after he was shot!

B!tch!

Who in their right mind would dump Wesley?

I know I wouldn't. :P
I know! I mean over the phone after he got shot... I always call her a B!tch

MartoufMarty
December 27th, 2004, 07:30 PM
I know! I mean over the phone after he got shot... I always call her a B!tch
Over the phone after he got shot? :S

Me confuzzled. I must be forgetting something...

Vala
December 27th, 2004, 07:32 PM
Over the phone after he got shot? :S

Me confuzzled. I must be forgetting something... She was talking to him on the phone when they broke up... if I am remebring it right

MartoufMarty
December 27th, 2004, 07:35 PM
She was talking to him on the phone when they broke up... if I am remebring it right
No, he was on his couch in his appartment after he popped stiches (after Angel came in for the book and Wesley jumped up and told him to just take it and leave).

Anyways, they were on the couch and Virgina was going on about how real it is all now and Wesley says, "It's hard for your isn't it... Breaking up with me."

Then she looked up at him, and then got up, and that's the last we see of her.

Not long after Wesley was talking on the phone with Cordelia.

Vala
December 27th, 2004, 07:38 PM
No, he was on his couch in his appartment after he popped stiches (after Angel came in for the book and Wesley jumped up and told him to just take it and leave).

Anyways, they were on the couch and Virgina was going on about how real it is all now and Wesley says, "It's hard for your isn't it... Breaking up with me."

Then she looked up at him, and then got up, and that's the last we see of her.

Not long after Wesley was talking on the phone with Cordelia. haha oh well I guess I remebered it wrong either way it was wrong of her because he was hert badly at the time, it came off as the reason the broke up.

MartoufMarty
December 27th, 2004, 07:41 PM
haha oh well I guess I remebered it wrong either way it was wrong of her because he was hert badly at the time, it came off as the reason the broke up.
Because he got shot and she was seeing that it was really real... :(

The first time I watched the episode The Thin Dead Line, and Wesley got shot I was just all like, "OH MY GOD!"

I did NOT see that coming! That was a big shocker.

Vala
December 27th, 2004, 07:44 PM
Because he got shot and she was seeing that it was really real... :(

The first time I watched the episode The Thin Dead Line, and Wesley got shot I was just all like, "OH MY GOD!"

I did NOT see that coming! That was a big shocker.
thats why I love the show.. or one of the reasons. Wes got shot he was injured for sevrel episodes it wasn't a ouch that herts and next ep he's fine thing... and yes it was unxpected.

MartoufMarty
December 27th, 2004, 07:46 PM
thats why I love the show.. or one of the reasons. Wes got shot he was injured for sevrel episodes it wasn't a ouch that herts and next ep he's fine thing... and yes it was unxpected.
I loved the episode Epiphany when Wesley and Gunn go to save Cordelia and Wesley gets his wheelchair stuck in the grass.

And then he keeps on almost falling over lol. That was great.

I also see through the series that Wesley seems to love shotguns lol. He looks really nice waving around guns.

Vala
December 27th, 2004, 07:49 PM
I loved the episode Epiphany when Wesley and Gunn go to save Cordelia and Wesley gets his wheelchair stuck in the grass.

And then he keeps on almost falling over lol. That was great.

I also see through the series that Wesley seems to love shotguns lol. He looks really nice waving around guns. hehe I love Epiphany too.. I just saw it friday, actuly.

MartoufMarty
December 27th, 2004, 07:51 PM
You know what, Vala?

I think we've taken over this thread. No one else has posted in here (besides you and me) since page 2.

Vala
December 27th, 2004, 07:54 PM
You know what, Vala?

I think we've taken over this thread. No one else has posted in here (besides you and me) since page 2.
haha that may be true but like I said i can talk about Angel anytime, or as our case seems to be Wesley. lol

MartoufMarty
December 27th, 2004, 07:54 PM
haha that may be true but like I said i can talk about Angel anytime, or as our case seems to be Wesley. lol
Yeah, we seem to have been talking about Wesley the whole time...

So how about that Cordelia, eh?

Vala
December 27th, 2004, 07:56 PM
Yeah, we seem to have been talking about Wesley the whole time...

So how about that Cordelia, eh?
yeah Cordy is cool she speaks her mind and has visions... LOL anyway I think Angel loved her more than Buffy... but then again I really don't like Angel/Buffy as a ship.

MartoufMarty
December 27th, 2004, 08:01 PM
yeah Cordy is cool she speaks her mind and has visions... LOL anyway I think Angel loved her more than Buffy... but then again I really don't like Angel/Buffy as a ship.
Yeah, me neither. I really haven't seen much of it, but I don't really like it.

I don't really like Buffy/Spike either. Spike is in love with Buffy but she was just so using him. B!tch.

I didn't like Buffy's little appearance in the episode Sanctuary. She was all just, 'Me, me, me, Faith ruined my life, it's all about me.'

And then she hit Angel, then Angel hit back and she was all like, "Oh my god, you hit me!"

I'm with Angel on this one, "You hit me first."

... Anyways, Cordelia.

Cordelia is awesome. I haven't seen seen too much of her on Buffy, but she's great in Angel. She does speak her mind (like kind of pointed out in the episode where Buffy was hearing everyone's thoughts. Her thoughts were the same as what she was thinking while everyone else was saying different things).

I really like that she got the visions from Doyle. It made her a more solid character. Not that she wasn't cool before, she just got cooler.

I loved the episode Birthday. It was kind of sad. Skip was hilarious though talking about the Matrix lol.

Poor Wesley in the other reality where Angel got the visions. Wesley had one arm :(

The episode You're Welcome was just too, too sad. :(

Angel/Cordy is just too cute. I love how Angel was acting when he first realized he was in love with her. It was too cute.

FieryHands
December 27th, 2004, 08:03 PM

Sorry, my bad! I did something funky to my site and that was a blog with only a handful of farscape vids entered. I corrected the link on Kansas, but I forgot to fix my index page. Anyway, its better now. That's what happens when I do a halfway job trying to remodel part of my site. :rolleyes:

Figures the one time someone is actually looking for one of my vids I give them the run around. *shakes head*

----
Wes and shotguns. Wes looks good with a shotgun. Its like his leather duster or something. Kinda weird. He, like Cesar from "Mujer de Madera" he looks good in turtleneck sweater.

MartoufMarty
December 27th, 2004, 08:05 PM
Mmmm... Wesley with shotgun and turtleneck...

*drools*

Anyways, that was a very cute vid the Smiletime one. Nice little recap for me since I missed the episode (stupid VCR).

Hey, Vala! Fiery Hands is back! We're not alone in this thread anymore! :P

Vala
December 27th, 2004, 08:12 PM
Yeah, me neither. I really haven't seen much of it, but I don't really like it.

I don't really like Buffy/Spike either. Spike is in love with Buffy but she was just so using him. B!tch.
yeah figures, I think she did love him but not like he loved her and in season 6 it was all about the s*x

I didn't like Buffy's little appearance in the episode Sanctuary. She was all just, 'Me, me, me, Faith ruined my life, it's all about me.'

And then she hit Angel, then Angel hit back and she was all like, "Oh my god, you hit me!"

I'm with Angel on this one, "You hit me first."
I kinda thought that was funny "not to get all school yard but you hit me first" then he says something like that to Lindsey later and I'm all when did Angel go to a school yard?

... Anyways, Cordelia.

Cordelia is awesome. I haven't seen seen too much of her on Buffy, but she's great in Angel. She does speak her mind (like kind of pointed out in the episode where Buffy was hearing everyone's thoughts. Her thoughts were the same as what she was thinking while everyone else was saying different things). I love that episode haha

I really like that she got the visions from Doyle. It made her a more solid character. Not that she wasn't cool before, she just got cooler. kinda sad though they would have made a good ship, i think

I loved the episode Birthday. It was kind of sad. Skip was hilarious though talking about the Matrix lol.
yeah

Poor Wesley in the other reality where Angel got the visions. Wesley had one arm :( poor armless Wes... I though Angel was a bit sad with the visions he went bonkers | Spoilers for the last ep: and in your welcome cordy gives angel the visions wouldn't he end up like that?

The episode You're Welcome was just too, too sad. :( it is

Angel/Cordy is just too cute. I love how Angel was acting when he first realized he was in love with her. It was too cute. hehe yeah!

Vala
December 27th, 2004, 08:14 PM
Hey, Vala! Fiery Hands is back! We're not alone in this thread anymore! :P haha but how long will she stay... lol ;)

MartoufMarty
December 27th, 2004, 08:15 PM
WHAT??

Cordy gave the visions to Angel??

... Okay, can someone recommend an episode to me from seasons 1 or 2 of Angel to go watch. I wanna watch an episode but I don't know which one.

Vala
December 27th, 2004, 08:18 PM
WHAT??

Cordy gave the visions to Angel??

... Okay, can someone recommend an episode to be from seasons 1 or 2 of Angel to go watch. I wanna watch an episode but I don't know which one. That isn't brought up till the last ep... hence why I Spoiler spaced it.

I'd go with the next in line. or... what was the one where Doyal said he was atracted to Angel haha I love that line, "Maybe I'm allittle atracted"

MartoufMarty
December 27th, 2004, 08:19 PM
That isn't brought up till the last ep... hence why I Spoiler spaced it.

I'd go with the next in line. or... what was the one where Doyal said he was atracted to Angel haha I love that line, "Maybe I'm allittle atracted"
Holy crap. That'll teach me to read the spoilers...

*tries to block that information from her mind*

Alalalalalalalalalala.

I think I'll watch Epiphany or something. We were talking about it alot...

Vala
December 27th, 2004, 08:21 PM
I think I'll watch Epiphany or something. We were talking about it alot...
Yeah good ep! have fun I should go to bed anyway

MartoufMarty
December 27th, 2004, 08:22 PM
Yeah good ep! have fun I should go to bed anyway
Okay, have fun. I shall go watch the episode of Angel, probaly come back, set the tape for tonights ep, then go to sleep and watch the episode Shells tomorrow. Yay! :D :D

Nikkirose
December 27th, 2004, 11:28 PM
Me me me me!

Who isnt????

Eh. He was alright.

I soooo agree! I was really into Buffy then once I got into Angel I kinda lost interest in Buffy (although I watched it till the end)!

I'm pretty sure I've seen every episode. I was pretty mad when they cancelled it also. It was just getting better after a bad season 4.

So if you love Angel and wanna talk about the show, come on!

Put spoilers in the spoiler tag for people like me who haven't seen all the episodes yet.

*SOB* I liked Cordelia in Angel much better than in Buffy! I cant believe what they did to her character in S4 then how they ended it with her in S5! *SOB* I too was a Angel/Cordy shipper!

I didnt get into the Buffy and Angel fandom as much as I have for SG though! I dont have every season, after I got into Angel I stopped buying seasons for Buffy. And once I got into SG I stopped buying seasons for Angel.

Gotta love that fire quote from Angel! LOL Just way too funny!

'Spin the Bottle' was a great episode!! You learn more about the characters' background/history!

I never liked Connor, and hated the Connor/Cordy thing! *GAG* What the hell were they thinking writing that?

At first I was a little worried when I heard that they were bringing Spike in for season 5, but it turned out so great!!! The Angel and Spike banter was just too funny!

*sigh* They had to go and end it didnt they? Evil WB!

Elwe Singollo
December 28th, 2004, 12:35 AM
I soooo agree! I was really into Buffy then once I got into Angel I kinda lost interest in Buffy (although I watched it till the end)!I never lost interest in either show, even when Angel came on, but hey i understand :) Haha...

I'm pretty sure I've seen every episode. I was pretty mad when they cancelled it also. It was just getting better after a bad season 4.]/quote]
A bad season... as in story wise? or ratings wise? Because i really thought it was a pretty good season, with the appearences from Faith and Willow, and i can't forget Gwen, although i had mix thoughts about her.

[QUOTE]
*SOB* I liked Cordelia in Angel much better than in Buffy! I cant believe what they did to her character in S4 then how they ended it with her in S5! *SOB* I too was a Angel/Cordy shipper!I know how you feel! I liked S1-2(and parts of S3) of Cordelia in Angel, but once her character changed drastically in the middle of S3 (and on), i totally missed the classic Cordelia back in Sunnydale.

I didnt get into the Buffy and Angel fandom as much as I have for SG though! I dont have every season, after I got into Angel I stopped buying seasons for Buffy. And once I got into SG I stopped buying seasons for Angel.I never really got into buying SG1 dvd's, i was always devoted to Angel/Buffy more than any other show, but hey, i never said SG1 was behind anything else other than Angel/Buffy :)

'Spin the Bottle' was a great episode!! You learn more about the characters' background/history!Aww... the return of classic Cordelia, 'salty goodness...', heh i remember that phrase in one of the early episodes of Buffy back in season 1 :rolleyes:

*sigh* They had to go and end it didnt they? Evil WB!Tear :(

MartoufMarty
December 28th, 2004, 04:21 PM
I'm mad at the Space channel! They decided to air movie marathons all yesterday and today so there isn't any Angel on until Wednesday :(, so I just watched Reunion last night (gotta love Dru: "I'm ringing... I'm ringing all over.")

Oh what I've seen of season 4 of Angel (the last half of it) I really liked it. Those were the first episodes I saw of that show.

I like Connor. He's creepy though and Connor/Cordy is just wrong lol.

Elwe Singollo
December 28th, 2004, 06:50 PM
Hehe, the way i see Connor=more violent Dawn. Haha, but of course with some more serious problems.

MartoufMarty
December 28th, 2004, 06:54 PM
Hehe, the way i see Connor=more violent Dawn. Haha, but of course with some more serious problems.
I like Connor.

I can't really stand Dawn.

I haven't seen season 5 of Buffy thoug so I might... just might change my mind... I doubt it though...

Connor has been diagnosed with serious problems :P

(Homestarrunner Strongbad E-mail reference...)

Elwe Singollo
December 28th, 2004, 07:01 PM
I like Connor.

I can't really stand Dawn.

I haven't seen season 5 of Buffy thoug so I might... just might change my mind... I doubt it though...

Connor has been diagnosed with serious problems :P

(Homestarrunner Strongbad E-mail reference...)What seasons of Buffy have u watched? Because imo, in S7, Dawn's character has actually grown up a bit, but obviosly some little bits and peices of her childish acs back from S5, which of course, is way annoying. Haha...

FieryHands
December 28th, 2004, 10:04 PM
I find both Dawn and Connor annoying for different reasons. Connor's whole sleeping with Cordelia grossed me out (could NOT watch the episode) and Dawn after the the Glory arc didn't serve much purpose in the show other than be Buffy's only family and cry a lot. She grew up yeah, but I never was attached to her. I also found it a little weird she hung out with her sister's friends rather than people her own age (when there was time that is). I get why, but it just seemed a little strange that she'd spend so much time with her sister's friends and not want to try to have her own life outside the world of demons and slaying. Independence and all that.

Connor struck me as a male Eve (Xena's daughter) and the whole psycho offspring of a protagonist is kinda old in my opinion. But the writers redeemed him, which they couldn't really do with Dawn as she never went crazy or did anything that sickened me. But I did find the Dawn/Spike thing cute.

Madeleine
December 28th, 2004, 10:43 PM
I liked Conor in s5, hadn't liked him at all in s3 or s4.

Rewatching, I still loathed him in s3. But second time around with s4, while he was still pretty odious, he was *interesting* at least. I appreciated the acting a lot more, it was a very nuanced performance.

I always liked Dawn, even when she was really irritating, cos she was interesting. But I'd never noticed the parallels between Conor and Dawn before! :o

aAnubiSs
December 29th, 2004, 12:50 AM
I also liked Dawn :D

Ancient 1
December 29th, 2004, 01:40 AM
*Looking lost & a bit confused for a couple seconds*

Excuse me, I thought this might be a Vanessa Angel thread... :o

Vala
December 29th, 2004, 02:09 AM
so I just watched Reunion last night (gotta love Dru: "I'm ringing... I'm ringing all over.") Reunion :bounce: I love Dru! But she is best when one of the other fanged four is with her to go "WTF?" when she does something crazy! I love the ringing quote but whats better is Darla giving her that look and pulling out the phone and Dru going "forgot I had that" hehe

Vala
December 29th, 2004, 02:10 AM
I also liked Dawn :D
so did I... she actuly reminded me of one of my cousins.

Elwe Singollo
December 29th, 2004, 04:41 AM
I liked Conor in s5, hadn't liked him at all in s3 or s4. Oh wow, i totally loved Connor in S5, so much better of a son, and a character in the show.

That reminds me, did anyone else like the little scene that Anne got in the series finale? Everytime i see her on Angel, it reminds me that she was on Buffy long ago.:rolleyes:

aAnubiSs
December 29th, 2004, 04:52 AM
Yeah Anne was cool. Ex groupie gone Santas little helper :)

Madeleine
December 29th, 2004, 07:44 AM
That was sweet, having Anne in it. Also, it was odd having Harmony in it. Of all the Characters in Buffy's first ep I'd never have picked *her* as one of only two to be in the Buffyverse's final ep.

MartoufMarty
December 29th, 2004, 08:08 AM
Okay, I'm gonna have to say this for the third or forth time:

I've seen seasons 1, 4, 6, and 7 of Buffy and half of season 3.

And I can't talk about Connor in season 5 (half not seen episodes 15 on, yet), and I'm drawing a blank when I think of Anne.

aAnubiSs
December 29th, 2004, 08:30 AM
Anne - The woman in Angel with the shelter. Used to worship vampires and they were supposed to get turned in Buffy S2 or S3. She appeared in the start of Season 3 when Buffy was in LA. Buffy called herself Anne then and when she went back to Sunnydale "Anne" asked Buffy if she could use the name Anne. IIRC she also took over Buffys job.

MartoufMarty
December 29th, 2004, 08:39 AM
Anne - The woman in Angel with the shelter. Used to worship vampires and they were supposed to get turned in Buffy S2 or S3. She appeared in the start of Season 3 when Buffy was in LA. Buffy called herself Anne then and when she went back to Sunnydale "Anne" asked Buffy if she could use the name Anne. IIRC she also took over Buffys job.
Oh! Her! I saw the season 3 episode when that happened!

I didn't realize that was her... Hmm...

Vala
December 29th, 2004, 11:09 AM
Oh! Her! I saw the season 3 episode when that happened!

I didn't realize that was her... Hmm...
niether did I, but I saw that season 3 Buffy ep when it first came on and not since... so I can be cut some slack maybe? ;)

MartoufMarty
December 29th, 2004, 11:33 AM
niether did I, but I saw that season 3 Buffy ep when it first came on and not since... so I can be cut some slack maybe? ;)
When I saw those episodes of season 2 of Angel I just assumed that she was just running that shelter and that's it. Nothing more going on with her... Now that I know... :P

Oh hey, I have two Angel vids. One is a vid for season 2, and another one I made last night for the episode Billy.

Unfortunately, I don't have them on my site yet. If you are interested in seeing them, ask me and I'll figure a way until I get them online.

I'm working on a Darla vid right now :D

Vala
December 29th, 2004, 11:42 AM
When I saw those episodes of season 2 of Angel I just assumed that she was just running that shelter and that's it. Nothing more going on with her... Now that I know... :P

Oh hey, I have two Angel vids. One is a vid for season 2, and another one I made last night for the episode Billy.

Unfortunately, I don't have them on my site yet. If you are interested in seeing them, ask me and I'll figure a way until I get them online.

I'm working on a Darla vid right now :D
yeah I am always up for angel vids... do the Darla vid, the fanged four are my favorite... Wes & Fred next but because they were from Buffy I say Wes & Fred are my favorite Angel Characters

MartoufMarty
December 29th, 2004, 11:44 AM
yeah I am always up for angel vids... do the Darla vid, the fanged four are my favorite... Wes & Fred next but because they were from Buffy I say Wes & Fred are my favorite Angel Characters
Well, it's just a Darla vid from the episodes from seasons 2 and 3 of Angel...

Do you have a Hotmail account? Or MSN Messenger? Or AOL messenger? Or an e-mail account that can recieve big files?

Vala
December 29th, 2004, 11:46 AM
I have a yahoo acount, and a hotmail acount (that I don't rember the code for)

MartoufMarty
December 29th, 2004, 11:51 AM
I have a yahoo acount, and a hotmail acount (that I don't rember the code for)
What's your Yahoo e-mail address? I could send you a vid at a time through e-mail.

The vid for the episode Billy is under 10mbs, but the season 2 vid is 12.6mbs... I could make it smaller or something.

If you have a Hotmail address you could just quickly get MSN Messenger and I could send it to you that way... Or...

I'm gonna try to use Yousendit.com and see if that'll work.

MartoufMarty
December 29th, 2004, 05:55 PM
Yay! FTP is working again!

I finished my Darla vid and all three Angel vids up on my site now:

... If anyone is interested :P

Vala
December 29th, 2004, 08:07 PM
Yay! FTP is working again!

I finished my Darla vid and all three Angel vids up on my site now:

... If anyone is interested :P
I wouldn't (ironiclly as this may sound) have ever thought the vid was Darla... I so worked, and was better than my failed atempt of Scorpy/Sikozu

I always thought the song sounded like Spikes obsession with Buffy but i really liked the vid

MartoufMarty
December 29th, 2004, 08:18 PM
I wouldn't (ironiclly as this may sound) have ever thought the vid was Darla... I so worked, and was better than my failed atempt of Scorpy/Sikozu

I always thought the song sounded like Spikes obsession with Buffy but i really liked the vid
Thanks lol.

I'm not really a Spike/Buffy shipper (that ***** used Spike!)

Sassy Kitten made an Angel vid to that song long time ago and I thought that it fit Darla. I'm proud of that vid.

Anyways, if Windows Movie Maker will stop having spaz attacks I'll go back to making my Dark Willow vid :D

Vala
December 29th, 2004, 08:30 PM
Thanks lol.

I'm not really a Spike/Buffy shipper (that ***** used Spike!)
I was at one point... now i am not really (GIQ cured me) I agree she did.

add: for the record she used angel too

MartoufMarty
December 29th, 2004, 08:33 PM
I was at one point... now i am not really (GIQ cured me) I agree she did.

add: for the record she used angel too
Well, I haven't really seen any Buffy/Angel (besides what happened in season 1 of Buffy, last half of season 3 of Buffy, and season 1 of Angel).

I don't really like Buffy/Angel either.

I'm more... Cordy/Angel and Wes/Angel :P

Vala
December 29th, 2004, 08:37 PM
Well, I haven't really seen any Buffy/Angel (besides what happened in season 1 of Buffy, last half of season 3 of Buffy, and season 1 of Angel).

I don't really like Buffy/Angel either.

I'm more... Cordy/Angel and Wes/Angel :P as you said ;) anyway I think she used him because he was her emotional crutch she brakes up with some one he is supose to be there for her... he isn't supose to care if she's dating someone new but he isn't aload to move on.

anyway I already said who i shipped for on the shows lol.

I actuly have one song that fits them or her and Angelus it's Good buy(bye?) earl, by the dixechicks it's basicly what i think of the relationship, i could vid it with both series but it would be constructed reality.

MartoufMarty
December 29th, 2004, 08:48 PM
as you said ;) anyway I think she used him because he was her emotional crutch she brakes up with some one he is supose to be there for her... he isn't supose to care if she's dating someone new but he isn't aload to move on.

anyway I already said who i shipped for on the shows lol.

I actuly have one song that fits them or her and Angelus it's Good buy(bye?) earl, by the dixechicks it's basicly what i think of the relationship, i could vid it with both series but it would be constructed reality.
Hehehe. I know that song (don't like it but know it). I'm not a fan of country music.

Why don't you make the vid? It would be interesting to see lol.

Vala
December 29th, 2004, 08:50 PM
Hehehe. I know that song (don't like it but know it). I'm not a fan of country music.

Why don't you make the vid? It would be interesting to see lol.
because i would need alot of money to buy all the dvds i need, if I ever do i'll send you a link it's one i really do want to do eventuly.

MartoufMarty
December 29th, 2004, 10:00 PM
Hehehe. I'm on a roll!

Just popped out another vid. A Dark Willow vid :D

Song is Whatever by Godsmack. Too much fun making it :D

Tomorrow I will work on a vid that will either be a Fred (early on) or a Pilea (sp) vid... Not sure yet. :)

Now, I'm gonna set a DVD to burn, Angel to record, then go to sleep :)

Vala
December 30th, 2004, 07:01 PM
I was never that big into darkwillow, I'll download it later, I should sleep now.

Elwe Singollo
December 30th, 2004, 09:13 PM
I was never that big into darkwillow, I'll download it later, I should sleep now.Although it wasn't dark willow in Orpheus in S4, i thought it was very kewl how she and Cordelia were secretely fighting, and it seemed like Willow was gonna overpower her, until the annoying Connor came along and messed things up. :eek:

Vala
January 2nd, 2005, 06:50 PM
FYI (if anyone cares) The Guy that Played Connor (Vincent somthing) is going to be in a movie on lifetime tomorrow at 9 pm.

daxiel2
January 3rd, 2005, 08:16 AM
Although it wasn't dark willow in Orpheus in S4, i thought it was very kewl how she and Cordelia were secretely fighting, and it seemed like Willow was gonna overpower her, until the annoying Connor came along and messed things up. :eek:
What you said is exactly what I thought, I always wanted to know if Willow could have overpowered Evil Cordy, I always thought she would have though.

MartoufMarty
January 3rd, 2005, 08:27 AM
It's Willow! Of course she could overpower Evil Cordy! :P

aAnubiSs
January 3rd, 2005, 08:38 AM
Willow could overpower God :D

MartoufMarty
January 3rd, 2005, 01:58 PM
... Anyone interested in a Wesley vid? :P

I just finished making one...

It's on my site:

Vala
January 3rd, 2005, 02:10 PM
what the song... I can't get on right now... my pc does that sometimes.

MartoufMarty
January 3rd, 2005, 02:17 PM
what the song... I can't get on right now... my pc does that sometimes.
Oh, the song is Fade by Staind.

It's all about Wesley from season 3 with the whole prophecy.

Vala
January 3rd, 2005, 07:38 PM
Nicely done... I like Wes vids he has alot of good clips.

MartoufMarty
January 3rd, 2005, 07:41 PM
Nicely done... I like Wes vids he has alot of good clips.
Thank you :D

I'm quite proud of that vid myself.

There needs to be more Dark Wesley vids out there! More funny ones too because, he was hilarious for the first two seasons of Angel and in Buffy too! :P

But Dark Wesley ones rock. So needs to be more Wesley vids...

daxiel2
January 5th, 2005, 05:39 AM
You should be the vids rock.

MartoufMarty
January 5th, 2005, 07:18 AM
You should be the vids rock.
Thank you so much! :D

I'm glad so many people like them lol.

Oh hey, on the subject of Angel, I got the first four episodes of season 4 now (thought the episode where they went to Las Vegas was hilarious). I'm also just gonna watch an episode from season 5 (I think episode 17).

And also, I'm getting my parents to watch Angel now. They watch the first disc of season 1 yesterday. My dad was kind of bored with the episode Lonely Hearts (that episode does seem to go on for a while), and my mom alreay loves Spike because of the episode In The Dark. They both thought the little part at the beginning, and the part where Spike gets his hair on fire was really funny.

Now I just have to get my sister to watch it... :P

X-Man
January 7th, 2005, 05:13 PM
I'm probably in the minority here, but I feel Angel ended at the right time.

I would've been devastated if it had been allowed to fester, like the final seasons of Buffy.

Other than that, top show!

MartoufMarty
January 7th, 2005, 08:39 PM
I don't think they should have ended it. It makes me so sad.

I just finished watching the last episodes and I just have to say:

OH MY GOD!

That was awesome! WOW! But... Angel got Lorne to kill Lindsey! I always liked Lindsey!

And Wesley! :( :( :( :(

WHY??? WHY WESLEY???

I cried. The forth time I've ever cried for a TV show.

First time was when Doyle died, second when Cordelia died, third when Fred died, and just now with Wesley...

The ending was... wow...

The Senior Partners must be really pissed off now. Do you think that would just be for LA (the whole invasion of the pissed off demons) or would it be the apocolypse?

FieryHands
January 8th, 2005, 02:03 AM
I put off watching the last episode because I knew it would be hard to take. Poor poor Wes. Only D'Argo's death felt as tragic because I know neither are coming back. :(

Doyle was cool but I wasn't as into the show back then, and Cordelia went out on a good note in her final episode, even if it was sad to see her go. Fred's death goes hand in hand with Wes's except Illyria came out of it and Illyria is awesome.

MartoufMarty
January 9th, 2005, 08:27 AM
... If anyone is interested, I have a new vid up...

It's an Illyria vid to the song Downfall by Trust Company.

It's on my site:

http://videostrategy.jediknight.net/stargate/video/martoufmarty/html/downfall.jpg (http://videostrategy.jediknight.net/stargate/video/martoufmarty/html/angel.html)

(Link is to the direct page where the vid is.)

Tauri
January 10th, 2005, 12:54 AM
I don't think they should have ended it. It makes me so sad.

I just finished watching the last episodes and I just have to say:

OH MY GOD!

That was awesome! WOW! But... Angel got Lorne to kill Lindsey! I always liked Lindsey!

And Wesley! :( :( :( :(

WHY??? WHY WESLEY???

I cried. The forth time I've ever cried for a TV show.

First time was when Doyle died, second when Cordelia died, third when Fred died, and just now with Wesley...

The ending was... wow...

The Senior Partners must be really pissed off now. Do you think that would just be for LA (the whole invasion of the pissed off demons) or would it be the apocolypse?

I thought they ended too soon. They were so many un answered questions. :mad:

Tauri
January 10th, 2005, 12:57 AM
Is it just me or was that whole Cordie and Connor storyline just so so wrong. :eek:

MartoufMarty
January 10th, 2005, 06:00 AM
Is it just me or was that whole Cordie and Connor storyline just so so wrong. :eek:
Oh yeah, that is just... so... WRONG!

Eww!!!

Vala
January 13th, 2005, 09:14 AM
I put off watching the last episode because I knew it would be hard to take. Poor poor Wes. Only D'Argo's death felt as tragic because I know neither are coming back. :(
I thought D'argo's was more tragic... yet Wes's was more emotional... and I was on the verge of Illyria/Wes shippyness...

MartoufMarty
January 16th, 2005, 07:50 AM
Just if someone was interested, I have a new vid up...

Another Illyria vid :P

http://videostrategy.jediknight.net/stargate/video/martoufmarty/html/beautifulfiend.jpg (http://videostrategy.jediknight.net/stargate/video/martoufmarty/html/angel.html)

Song: Demon Speeding by Rob Zombie

(Link is to the page where the vid is.)

Feedback? :P

aAnubiSs
January 16th, 2005, 08:02 AM
Why not use Living dead girl?:)

MartoufMarty
January 16th, 2005, 08:13 AM
Why not use Living dead girl?:)
Sassy Kitten made an Illyria vid to that song already :P

Plus it's been done 10 million times for Faith.

She is a Demon! :P

Vala
January 16th, 2005, 09:53 AM
haha I so have to see Bohemeian like you I had that idea for something else though :)

Elwe Singollo
January 18th, 2005, 08:49 PM
I thought D'argo's was more tragic... yet Wes's was more emotional... and I was on the verge of Illyria/Wes shippyness...Omg, i was getting a little bit too emotional when Illyria turned into Fred!!!

MartoufMarty
January 19th, 2005, 02:38 PM
Omg, i was getting a little bit too emotional when Illyria turned into Fred!!!
That part really made me cry.

"Would you like me to lie to you now?"

:( :(

MartoufMarty
February 19th, 2005, 07:50 AM
Hey, there hasn't been a post in this thread for a month!

... I have new vids on my site :P

Latest three Angel vids are:

Superbeast - vid for The Beast
Living Dead Girl - vid for Gwen
Slept So Long - vid for Angelus (only from season 4 of Angel)

:D

Vala
February 20th, 2005, 03:09 PM
Hey, there hasn't been a post in this thread for a month!

:D Tragedy! anyway I am not here half the time... so :( anyway Living dead girl rocks! I'll watch the Angelus (David B is so great at evil) vid later.

Vala
February 20th, 2005, 03:53 PM
Omg, i was getting a little bit too emotional when Illyria turned into Fred!!!
My mom didn't watch it with me the first time... and I was going on and on about the death scene for months before she was able to watch it, I still say best, death, scene, EVER!

WraithKing
February 20th, 2005, 04:37 PM
Yea, Angel rocks. Can't believe those *******s at the WB canceled it. Bit them in the ass though. I just re-watched all of season 5 on dvd. I wonder if Wes was going to stay dead. cause Joss whedon said that he didn't change anything from the finale after finding out the show was canceled. And if I remember correctly, all the cast members were signed on through season 6. I guess we'll never know...unless there's another spin-off...or a movie.

MartoufMarty
February 20th, 2005, 04:50 PM
Yea, Angel rocks. Can't believe those *******s at the WB canceled it. Bit them in the ass though. I just re-watched all of season 5 on dvd. I wonder if Wes was going to stay dead. cause Joss whedon said that he didn't change anything from the finale after finding out the show was canceled. And if I remember correctly, all the cast members were signed on through season 6. I guess we'll never know...unless there's another spin-off...or a movie.
Lucky you. You have the DVDs already...

In these kinds of shows, it doesn't matter if they die because they'll always come back.

If they had a Season 6 and Wesley wasn't in it, I would cry :(

Vala
February 20th, 2005, 05:09 PM
Wes dying was actuly one of the few things he changed. I read a interview Joss came to him and said "I have an idea" and Alexis went "Oh Joss has an idea!" then found out he was going to die... oddly it happend the same basic way to Anthony Simcoe.

anyway me and FieryHands think Illyria would have had Wes as her consious or something if they renewed after the last ep aired... they didn't, but there could be 4 tela movies if there are I hope Juliet Landau is in one.

MartoufMarty
February 20th, 2005, 05:15 PM
I would like to see Drusilla come back because we never got to see a proper end to her. She just ran away in the Buffy season 5 episode Crush and was never seen again (unless you count little flashbacks).

Vala
February 20th, 2005, 05:27 PM
I would like to see Drusilla come back because we never got to see a proper end to her. She just ran away in the Buffy season 5 episode Crush and was never seen again (unless you count little flashbacks).
I don't count the flash backs (despite them being the best eps)... I do love Girl in Question something fierce, but mostly for the Spangely banter and them chasing buffy... the part where Dru said "He tasted like sunshine" and Darla said "It was only fornication" were very funny as well.

Elwe Singollo
February 20th, 2005, 06:32 PM
I am not sure, but i was reading somewhere (i think it was at slayerverse) what the possible 6th season might be. I think it was about Fred and Illyria splitting, or something. It sounded very interesting and exciting. :D

Thek
February 20th, 2005, 07:15 PM
Except one problem: Fred-persona would have been a lifeless husk.

Fred's not dead. She's a whole lot more than dead. Her soul was destroyed utterly.

However what six-season, if there had been one (stupid idiots of flaming mars executives), would have been you just took downmajor corporation, now live in the chaos that vacuum has created!

Actually, Joss was talking about that once...need to find that interview again.

MartoufMarty
February 20th, 2005, 07:49 PM
If anyone is interested, I have a new vid on my site...

A Faith vid... :D

Elwe Singollo
February 20th, 2005, 08:24 PM
Except one problem: Fred-persona would have been a lifeless husk.

Fred's not dead. She's a whole lot more than dead. Her soul was destroyed utterly.

However what six-season, if there had been one (stupid idiots of flaming mars executives), would have been you just took downmajor corporation, now live in the chaos that vacuum has created!

Actually, Joss was talking about that once...need to find that interview again.Yah, i got the whole 'soul being chewpowed', but i mean really, a death (anykind) isn't always permnant, yes i know, thats been said so much times about sci-fi.

I didn't get that part you typed about, "however what six-season..." i was a bit confused on what your saying.

WraithKing
February 21st, 2005, 02:36 PM
I am not sure, but i was reading somewhere (i think it was at slayerverse) what the possible 6th season might be. I think it was about Fred and Illyria splitting, or something. It sounded very interesting and exciting. :D

I heard this too over at City of Angel. Would've been weird. And possibly not good if they didn't get it right with the camera work. I always hate it when you can tell it's the same actress playing two roles at the same time. In fact the only time I didn't really notice something like that was in the last Atlantis episode. Probably cause they could just stuff an extra underneath the "old" elizibeth makeup for alot of the scenes.

Elwe Singollo
February 21st, 2005, 04:49 PM
I heard this too over at City of Angel. Would've been weird. And possibly not good if they didn't get it right with the camera work. I always hate it when you can tell it's the same actress playing two roles at the same time. In fact the only time I didn't really notice something like that was in the last Atlantis episode. Probably cause they could just stuff an extra underneath the "old" elizibeth makeup for alot of the scenes.Yes, remember that one episode in Buffy, Fifth Season, Intervention, where they had Robot Buffy, i thought that was pretty good camera work. If it was something like that, i would love it then. :)

MartoufMarty
March 10th, 2005, 09:30 AM
Anyone know where I can find some good Angel fan fiction?

I'd love to read a fic where Wesley and Angel have a conversation after the episode Origin (about Wesley getting his memory back).

Anyone?

Please? :(

Elwe Singollo
March 10th, 2005, 02:39 PM
http://slayerfanfic.com/viewstory.php?sid=5501&PHPSESSID=46042da3f4bc56152d506b558ccd833a

There's one, although i read parts of it, i was not 'wowed', but with that said, i'm not a big fan of fanfic either. :)

Hoped that helped. :)

MartoufMarty
March 10th, 2005, 05:38 PM
http://slayerfanfic.com/viewstory.php?sid=5501&PHPSESSID=46042da3f4bc56152d506b558ccd833a

There's one, although i read parts of it, i was not 'wowed', but with that said, i'm not a big fan of fanfic either. :)

Hoped that helped. :)
Oh thank you so much :)

Yeah, it wasn't exactly 'wow' or 'awww, poor Wesley', but it was good :)

Thanks.

Vala
March 14th, 2005, 07:10 AM
hey this thread has slipt back some, if anyone is interested i made a buffyverse vid, they aren't my favorite ship but the scene was cute... I only had the three clips though so i couldn't make it more interesting, if i had the clips with ms. calenders death I would have used that over Kendra's

http://www.fieryhands.com.vids2/Bangel.zip

MartoufMarty
March 14th, 2005, 08:42 AM
The link doesn't work.

It should be:

http://www.fieryhands.com/vids2/Bangel.zip

Downloading it now, but I don't think I'll actually get to watch it until I get home (this computer doesn't have the up-to-date codecs).

Cronus
March 14th, 2005, 08:53 AM
I don't know if this has been mentioned but I didn't like the Angel series finale. It was good to see them all in action and everything, but I wanted to see the final fight rather than the credits as they fight.

Also, if that was all evil throwing itself against them it wasn't very big. All you see is about twenty guys down an ally and a dragon. I was looking for somthing more dramatic and epic to the ending. Also, I never like something that cops out from showing the actual fight; its just annoying.

Other than this point, I loved the whole Angel series. :D

MartoufMarty
March 14th, 2005, 08:57 AM
I don't know if this has been mentioned but I didn't like the Angel series finale. It was good to see them all in action and everything, but I wanted to see the final fight rather than the credits as they fight.

Also, if that was all evil throwing itself against them it wasn't very big. All you see is about twenty guys down an ally and a dragon. I was looking for somthing more dramatic and epic to the ending. Also, I never like something that cops out from showing the actual fight; its just annoying.

Other than this point, I loved the whole Angel series. :D
Yeah, I would have loved to see even a bit of the final fight, but I actually think how they did it was really good.

I'd like to know what happened to them...

One thing I really didn't like was that Wesley died :(

That makes me cry every time... :(

MartoufMarty
March 14th, 2005, 08:58 AM
hey this thread has slipt back some, if anyone is interested i made a buffyverse vid, they aren't my favorite ship but the scene was cute... I only had the three clips though so i couldn't make it more interesting, if i had the clips with ms. calenders death I would have used that over Kendra's

http://www.fieryhands.com.vids2/Bangel.zip
Hey, turns out this was the only vid that I downloaded that actually played video.

I'm not that good at giving little reviews, but I really liked it :)

Vala
March 14th, 2005, 09:16 AM
Hey, turns out this was the only vid that I downloaded that actually played video.

I'm not that good at giving little reviews, but I really liked it :)
if you meant of mine, yeah it was a thing i'll fix them when I get cable next week, someone sugested renaming them (i say that never works) it aperently did for them.

Vala
March 14th, 2005, 09:16 AM
The link doesn't work.

It should be:

http://www.fieryhands.com/vids2/Bangel.zip

Downloading it now, but I don't think I'll actually get to watch it until I get home (this computer doesn't have the up-to-date codecs).
that's what I get for typing it out three times three diffrent places.

Vala
March 14th, 2005, 09:19 AM
Yeah, I would have loved to see even a bit of the final fight, but I actually think how they did it was really good.

I'd like to know what happened to them...

One thing I really didn't like was that Wesley died :(

That makes me cry every time... :( I loved wes' death, well the scene, I didn't cry but I cryed the week it actuly aired because i missed it due to a power outage and my jerk brother goes "Hey you know that wes guy? he's the one who dies"

I was SOOO pissed that Lorne Killed Lindsey, Angel kills Lindsey! ANGEL!

MartoufMarty
March 14th, 2005, 09:24 AM
if you meant of mine, yeah it was a thing i'll fix them when I get cable next week, someone sugested renaming them (i say that never works) it aperently did for them.
Oh actually, I was talking about other videos.

Like I said the computer doesn't have the latest codecs so with most the videos I download they play audio, but no video so I have to watch them when I get home.

Vala
March 14th, 2005, 09:26 AM
Oh actually, I was talking about other videos.

Like I said the computer doesn't have the latest codecs so with most the videos I download they play audio, but no video so I have to watch them when I get home.
hah K, wasn't sure... not having codecs sucks, i know i couldn't watch Dvix(sp) codecs vids for the longest time.

MartoufMarty
March 14th, 2005, 10:53 AM
hah K, wasn't sure... not having codecs sucks, i know i couldn't watch Dvix(sp) codecs vids for the longest time.
I would go and download them, but it won't let me. :(

Vala
March 14th, 2005, 11:00 AM
the codecs? I got mine off Kazza

MartoufMarty
March 14th, 2005, 11:02 AM
the codecs? I got mine off Kazza
No, I'm just a seperate user. It says I gotta be the administrator.

Vala
March 14th, 2005, 12:04 PM
ah as my grandpa's computer is set up, i know his password though, but only use it to do that type of stuff on this thing.

Elwe Singollo
March 14th, 2005, 02:12 PM
No, I'm just a seperate user. It says I gotta be the administrator.Whos the admin of your computer?