Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R.I.P Angel may you forever be loved and apreciated in Syndication.
    The Egyptian Cat God .

Comment

That was one hell of a finale, even though I was never the biggest fan of the show. A great send off.

"Lets go to work."

Phil
      Teal'c: I believe a medical attack could be successful.
      Jack: Surgical attack Teal'c. It's called a surgical attack.

Comment

Gah, not to be a mean charmed basher, but the reason to cancel Angel was because the show was old/veteran, and didn't repeat well, well Charmed doesn't repeat well either, and its older than Angel, its ratings this season weren't even better than Angel's this year (overall).
        Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

I actually kind of like Charmed. It's pretty high on the cheese factor but it's entertaining. The thing that really ticks me off is if they're going to cancel a veteran show why the heck is 7th Heaven still around? Are there even any kids left at home? You can't possibly tell me that that does better in repeats than Angel. That show should have been canceled years ago.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

There alot of things that should have gone before Angel, 7th heaven is protected since it gives the network a reason to say it has some good family programing to the goverment, so they can bring it more nudity in reality tv shows at later hours and get away with it.

Thats just my theory!
            The Egyptian Cat God .

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
              I actually kind of like Charmed. It's pretty high on the cheese factor but it's entertaining. The thing that really ticks me off is if they're going to cancel a veteran show why the heck is 7th Heaven still around? Are there even any kids left at home? You can't possibly tell me that that does better in repeats than Angel. That show should have been canceled years ago.
              I totally agree, 7th Heaven(hell), should have been gone along time ago. I hope the WB falls in ratings even more next year.

Comment

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!

first, this is my opinion only! If you loved this show till the end, thats cool (glad someone did!) ok, I thought Angel took a bit of a nose dive in the last couple of seasons...your welcome was great, and the finale was ok...but I thought it was predictable. Example: I have read zero (0, nada, zilch) in the way of spoilers...but I immediately knew (early on) Wesley was the dead guy, that Angel was expecting to fight Hamilton, not kill his demon, and that Lorn was going to kill Lindsey. and I could never get into that wholke Illyria storyline; she was evil...she finds out her hell army's dead...and shes good? puh-lease! I liked the end (all three) of Buffy better...they felt more...finished...first we have Buffy realizing what the whole 'death is your gift' thing meant and dying, then an apocolypse Xander and Willow thing, and the real finale. They all summed up the show, tied it all together. I just didn't feel like this finale did that...I was especially irked by the shrug off of the Shanshu prophesy; oh, just sign here?!? c'mon...several years and thats it?!? But the whole Buffy and co not trusting Angel did it for me...nonononono! (no comment on the line a couple episodes ago from Angel "ours is a forever love"...I'm a rabid Buffy/Angel shipper...and I cringed...I can't believe he said that!!!)
                ok, done ranting, feel better!

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
                ~Imzadi
                describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
                Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

Originally posted by LtLisa
                  SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!

first, this is my opinion only! If you loved this show till the end, thats cool (glad someone did!) ok, I thought Angel took a bit of a nose dive in the last couple of seasons...your welcome was great, and the finale was ok...but I thought it was predictable. Example: I have read zero (0, nada, zilch) in the way of spoilers...but I immediately knew (early on) Wesley was the dead guy, that Angel was expecting to fight Hamilton, not kill his demon, and that Lorn was going to kill Lindsey. and I could never get into that wholke Illyria storyline; she was evil...she finds out her hell army's dead...and shes good? puh-lease! I liked the end (all three) of Buffy better...they felt more...finished...first we have Buffy realizing what the whole 'death is your gift' thing meant and dying, then an apocolypse Xander and Willow thing, and the real finale. They all summed up the show, tied it all together. I just didn't feel like this finale did that...I was especially irked by the shrug off of the Shanshu prophesy; oh, just sign here?!? c'mon...several years and thats it?!? But the whole Buffy and co not trusting Angel did it for me...nonononono! (no comment on the line a couple episodes ago from Angel "ours is a forever love"...I'm a rabid Buffy/Angel shipper...and I cringed...I can't believe he said that!!!)
                  ok, done ranting, feel better!
                  ...what? OK, I could except you realising that Wesley was going to die. (And you were spoiled, the frickin' ad the WB had on, the one that SHOWED Lorne shooting Wesley) I can't, however, see how you knew Angel was going to fight Hamilton, after already having killed the Archduke, there's no way you could have predicted that.

Illyria's storyline was a bit more than that, and she was certainly in no way good, just attached to Wesley. And it wasn't just "irking" off the Shanshu prophecy. It was what Angel had been working towards since the end of Season 1, a goal, a reward for "helping the helpless". He had to give it all up to do what was right. He didn't even expect to survive anyway, so there wasn't much point in keeping it...

I loved the ending. The more I think about it, the better it gets. "Personally, I wanna slay the dragon!" Best ending ever.

Comment

I totally agree, the ending for me was just right, although i'm still 'grr' that WB cancelled it.

Comment

Just wanted to share if people wanted to watch it again, me, it hurts me too much to even think about Angel cancelled

BURN WB, BURN!

Comment

Originally posted by LtLisa
                        and I could never get into that wholke Illyria storyline; she was evil...she finds out her hell army's dead...and shes good? puh-lease!
                        It wasn't really that simple for Illyria. After she found out her "army of doom" was dead, she soon found out Fred's mind had collapsed into her own. Chances are Illyria would've been much more evil if her personality hadn't been so thoroughly mixed with Fred's. Fred loved Wesley-- that's why Illyria was always hanging around him. That's probably what stopped her from killing the him and the whole lot. She needed Team Angel to introduce her to this world, and she felt attached to Wesley. She wasn't good. Joining Angel's team just happened to be most convenient for her.
                        It's a Fargate! It's different.

Comment

I agree, but i think she was 'neutral' in a way.

Comment

The Ruined it, Angel would have had a even better season 6 , Illyria seven of nine like character developement, Angel turning agiast Wolf'ram hart , I would have guessed angel would have gone back too the Hotel and went back too his old fasioned low budget fight the good fight self.

If the series had not have ended I am pretty sure Wesly wouldnt have died, but I think atleast Gun or Lorne would have been written off.Most definently Harmony leaving. Since there simpily isnt not enough room in the intro credits for new characters since this year was a big stretch since Angels theme song doesnt go on as long as Buffy.

They could have seen Lindsay join the cast and get redeemed kind of like Spike did on Buffy , Be neat if he got the visions like Doyle and Cordillia.

Were he was a villain but then became a hero.The show was begining to lack a female presence, Buffy was mostly chick, With Cordillia dead all that was left was Fred/illryia and I guess harmony but she waisnt part of the group.
                            The Egyptian Cat God .

Comment

An Angel season 6 WOULD have been way better than Seasons 4-5 combined, well maybe not, buy Joss Whedon stated in an article (found somewhere in Buffy.nu and other sites) a few storylines that would have happened if there was going to be a season 6. The Illyria storyline would have been more developed, and Willow comming back, and all sorts of things. And for the opening credits thing, not all characters really have to be in the opening credits, such as in Btvs, Tara was practically a main character in seasons 5-6, but wasn't shown in the opening credits till the episode she died.

Comment

i don't understand how anyone could not like this finale as it finished of Angel perfectly and capped of a brilliant series and season. Shanshu being shoved of was the right way to go, as it fits in with the themes of Angel, the episode, and how this season has been. All through Angel shanshu has been the big thing, what comes at the end, then when Spike came it wasn't just when it was who. so how do you solve this? a big battle? really end the series happily and make someone human? naah let's just let Angels ign it way. perfect! Angel got rid of the big thing, the reward, making it all about the fight.

however much i would have loved season 6, i am happy with how the series of Angel ended. What i am hoping is that a spin-off show in the future will allow the writers to deal with some of the themes that Season 6 was going to do, and i am hoping it would feature Spike and Illyria.

spook
                                spook

Comment

Working...
                                X