Using time travel to save the Asgard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using time travel to save the Asgard

This post is just a random musing, but here goes.

We know that SG1 has used time travel to harvest a ZPM. They could have used time travel to help cure the Asgard of the Asgard's Replicator problem and the Asgard's cloning problem.

Here's the steps:

1) Travel to the past on some safe planet like Cimmeria
    2) Make contact with Thor on Cimmeria
    3) Tell them about the location of the two Ancient libraries of knowledge
    and offer to be conduit
    4) Be placed in an Asgard stasis chamber and develop the ARW
    5) Use the library to fix the Asgard genetic code
    6) The Asgard owe the Tau'ri now and will use their military might to decimate the Go'uld and elevate the Tau'ri to Asgard status

They could just make an Asgard dialing device, travel to 30,000 years ago, dial to Ida and warn the Asgard not to continue with their genetic manipulation. Then they can travel to Reese's planet and stop her from making the Replicators.

Comment

None of that could be done, because it would retcon the entire series of SG1, Atlantis and even SGU because the Asgards technology they gave us has helped Earth out so much.

For it to work, they need to completely fake the death of the Asgard. Since they have the entire knowledge of the Asgard, it comes down to curing the disease that ultimately lead to the Asgard committing suicide even if they aren't able to fully cure the clone degradation. Since even in S4 of Atlantis the Asgard are still officially dead, find the cure, go back, tell them what happens with their suicide, cure them, have them relocate to a new and hidden planet, have Thor do what he did in 'Unending' and then beam to the planet, go to the new world and then boom, destroy the planet.

They are cured, they are alive, and the timeline isn't FUBAR'ed until they decide at some point to reveal themselves.

sigpic

Comment

It would make the timeline better. All they have to do is put Janus's puddle jumper time traveling device on the Odyssey and load it up with all the ZPM's they have available and then travel to 30,000 years ago to before the Asgard cloning process became irreversible, warn the Asgard not to continue their genetic modification, go the Pegasus and warn the Ancients about the Wraith and have them start working on the anti-Ori weapon. Then they go to earth and use the technology to build human civilization. Once they've done all that, all their enemies, the Wraith, the Goa'uld, the Replicators, and the Ori would be wiped from history and humans will become the most technologically advanced race in the known universe.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead View Post
          It would make the timeline better. All they have to do is put Janus's puddle jumper time traveling device on the Odyssey and load it up with all the ZPM's they have available and then travel to 30,000 years ago to before the Asgard cloning process became irreversible, warn the Asgard not to continue their genetic modification, go the Pegasus and warn the Ancients about the Wraith and have them start working on the anti-Ori weapon. Then they go to earth and use the technology to build human civilization. Once they've done all that, all their enemies, the Wraith, the Goa'uld, the Replicators, and the Ori would be wiped from history and humans will become the most technologically advanced race in the known universe.
          Which completely ruins the show. Why not just go back, get a lot of DNA samples, and put it where they'll find it?
          If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
          Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
          If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
          Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

It would make the universe a better place, but i think that it would defeat the whole purpose of the show. We know that the Asgard would never accept because they know the implications of acting on, or knowing knowledge from the future.

Also i think you left something out. Kill Reece before she creates the replicators.
            Premium fruits from chulac
            sigpic

Comment

I don't know the Asgard personally-i wish i did - but i dont think they would want our help. They are a proud race and probably learn to live with their mistakes rather than changing the past, to me, they would just continue forward and say something like 'what is done, is done..' or something like that....just sayin'
              sigpic
              Sig by Yamiinsane, Thanks!
              'It's Nuttier than Squirrel poo' - Amanda Tapping
              : Thats it! Sphere, planet, label, name! : Following, still, you, not!
              I'm not crazy...I just have another consciousness in my brain! So he just looks crazy then?
              Indeed

Comment

Working...
              X