Most powerful/effective weapon.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most powerful/effective weapon.

ok, i know this question has been asked in some form or another a thousand times, but it usually revolves around the most powerful ship and then there are arguments over whether or not the 304s are the best ships in stargate.

That is not what I'm asking here.

What I want to know is which is the most powerful weapon seen on stargate and then which is the most effective.

For example, the weapon of Anubis's mothership was extremely poweful, I'd guess the most powerful seen on stargate, but the ancient drones are more effective.

Anubis's weapon destroyed a planet, which is beyond anything we've seen before or since (from a weapon, not blowing up a star.)

The asgard beams are extremely effective against ori ships, but they don't have the same power as either of the above.

if I were to create a league table of the most powerful I'd go for

Anubis's mothership.
    Ancient space weapon
    Horizon weapons platform.
    AG-3 satellites.

Originally posted by Zalenka View Post
    ok, i know this question has been asked in some form or another a thousand times, but it usually revolves around the most powerful ship and then there are arguments over whether or not the 304s are the best ships in stargate.

What I want to know is which is the most powerful weapon seen on stargate and then which is the most effective.

For example, the weapon of Anubis's mothership was extremely poweful, I'd guess the most powerful seen on stargate, but the ancient drones are more effective.

Anubis's weapon destroyed a planet, which is beyond anything we've seen before or since (from a weapon, not blowing up a star.)

The asgard beams are extremely effective against ori ships, but they don't have the same power as either of the above.

Anubis's mothership.
    Ancient space weapon
    AG-3 satellites.
    Stargate Destroyer, Attero Device, and of course, the all time favourite, the Dakara Superweapon. All of these can generate a far more devastating effect than many of the ones you listed, and can work far faster, and across greater distances than all the ones you mentioned.
    If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
    Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
    If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
    Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Dakara and Ori ship beam weapons!

Comment

the most effective is the Dakara device...capable of wiping out anything on a planets surface and surrounding space..although its intended purpose was not as a weapon to destroy life, but create it...

in terms of raw power i'd say Anubis's super weapon...but in order for it to work at full power, it required those Eye's for either power or some other purpose...

drones are very effective...they can tunnel there way through a ship several times and then go after its next target...but it seems the drones effectiveness was toned down since the first time we saw them...you're also limited by how many you have, if you run out you're screwed...

its seems that Directed energy weapon's are the most effective in stargate...so its a toss up between the Ori's main weapon, the satellite weapons and the plasma beam weapons...i'd have to say the plasma beam weapons edges the other out because, there capable of being fired in rapid succession with relatively short recharge time...there able to punch through an enemies shields without the need to completely deplete them and destroy a ship in as little as 3 hits...they also dont require a massive energy source in order to work effectively....the only disadvantage i can think of is, they seem to go off line with very little damage to a 304...

Comment

Depends on the role but I'd do it something like this.

Highest total raw energy output: MKIX Nuclear warhead (nothing else made a visible bang even close to what these did on the Asuran homeworld)

Most effective vs shields/other ships: Boosted Wraith pulse weapons (can tear down an ancient shield powered by 3 ZPMs in a few minutes, or chew through upgraded 304s like they were clay pigeons)

Best planetary attack weapon: Anubis Eye weapon (if it really did smoke the whole planet somehow) if it didn't then MK IX nukes via the Horizon system is what I'd want to use.

Best bang for the buck (power usage and size): Ancient Drones

Best specialty weapon: Ancient drones (basically insta kills against anything that can't shield against their special penetrating effects)

Best weapon if stargateland was inhabited by intelligent people: Naquada enhanced Nuclear missile. Thousands of megatons of raw energy yield, an effectively infinite maximum range in space and buildable even with modern technology. If your target's not dying it's because you're not using enough of them. Put a little R&D into a better drive system for them and you'll be conquering the universe in no time, and with an idea so simple and old that everyone else really should have thought of it by now.

Until they do though, have fun turning their ships and planets into miniature suns from thousands of kilometers outside the range of the misc glowing crap they'll try to fire back at you.

Comment

In terms of effectiveness I think we have to look to the Ancients:

1) Drones - Launched in the thousands they can near instantly dismantle an entire fleet, even small numbers cause critical damage ('The Queen'). They're small and a ship like an Aurora could hold millions of the things if internal space was dedicated to them.

2) Satellite Beam - Powered off a mere naquadah Mark I generator it sliced a Hive in half and kept going, hook it up to a superior powersource and it could be letting off Hive killing blasts in rapid succession.

Moving onto uber weapons:

1) Dakara - Able to wipe out all life in a galaxy. Passes through all known non Ancient shields and kills the crew.

2) Attero - Can be calibrated to take out any race using hyperdrive tech across a galaxy.
            Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Anything Ancient really

Drone can go through anything, Dakara Superweapon can wipe out whatever you set it to do. Atero device destroys Wraith and Stargates

Comment

APBW's on the first place.

not because they're the most powerfull. they're the most effective. you do not need Goauld Eyes or ZPM's or anything, 3 shots blow up a hive, can defeat pretty much anything.

in a different category, i'd put Drones on #1 for their ability to be put on fighters. and shuttles etc.

a good second is Atero. really, annihilating all ships of a SPECIFIC RACE in a GALAXY. seriously.

Tollan Ion Cannons on three. i mean, no fancy uber powersources and no uberstrenght, and still they blow ha'tak to hell.

Comment

APBW's in the ship to ship category

the main reason is because they are the most powerful weapons on stargate for there size and the power it takes to use them.

Comment

i have to say that drones equiped with matter converters are the number one weapon in the SG universe because not only can they just bypass a hatak's shield, but they can destroy just about anything in the SG universe and can do so from out of weapons range of the enemy ship and like an entire fleet of ships at once, i mean if you fired 30,000 drones at an enemy fleet all at once, you could destroy the entirefleet in a matter of seconds.
                    STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Originally posted by Zalenka View Post

Anubis's mothership.
                      Ancient space weapon
                      AG-3 satellites.
                      AG-3
                      Dakara Weapon
                      304 beam weps
                      naquadah enhanced nuke

*Edit*
                      also the exploding ZPM from Camules, if that counts
                      Last edited by Anon; 11 November 2009, 05:21 PM. Reason: forgot one

sigpic
                      Sig made by squirrely1
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
                      *PM me if you clicked on that link*

Comment

The Replicators, if allowed to truly roam free, would be the most devastating weapon ever conceived. The total mass of the observable universe is around 3 x 10^52 kgs. Assuming that each Replicator is one kilogram and it doubles in number every minute, it would take them less than 3 hours to convert all that mass into Replicators.

Of course, it takes time for the Replicators to travel from one planet to another but considering how their ships can travel millions of light years per day. It would really only take a few decades for them to consume the known universe.

Comment

I thought the mass of the universe was about 1.59 X 10^55

Comment

or was it 1.6 X 10^60 don't know but I'm a bit sceptic that the replicators would be able to consume the universe that quickly but I could be wrong in LEXX those drone arms thingies did.

Comment

they can not consume all, they need energy to fly and replicate.

also, they do not duplicate (or exponentially grow). a replicator forms a Motherbug, then makes bugs, those bugs secure the area and gather resources, then more Motherbugs are made, and so they expand. so they do not exponentially increase

Comment

Working...
                              X