why do outpost have weapons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why do outpost have weapons

it makes me wonder why do the ancients who disapprove of voilence have weapons on outpost. espescially earth there was no need for so many drones, cause if there was an enemy in the SG universe that made the anicents have to set up defenses on some planets i think that they would have been metioned. thoughts on this and sr if a thread like this has been made.
    time doesn't go in a linear path like everyone thinks, time is a ball of timey wimey wibbly wobblely uh....

Google won't search for Chuck Norris because it knows you don't find Chuck Norris, he finds you.
    sigpic

From The Mote In God's Eye by Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle (1975)

"Gently, Sandy," First Lieutenant Cargill interjected.
    "Dr. Horvath, I take it you've never been involved in military intelligence? No, of course not. But you see, in intelligence work we have to go by capabilities, not by intentions. If a potential enemy can do something to you, you have to prepare for it, without regard to what you think he wants to do."
    La vie est une tragédie - Tout le monde meurt à la fin.
    L'Histoire est une comédie - Les gentils gagnent toujours à la fin.

Comment

The ancients fled to MW, then went to Pegasus before fleeing back to MW. they mad eenemies, enemies who could one day follow them to their sanctuary. Makes sense to prepare for the worst, and hope for the best. Isn't that what nuclear weapons are?
      sigpic
      385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

There's a reason they lasted as long as they did. Some people label them as arrogant, but obviously they weren't overconfident.

Comment

allways be prepered for any and all eventualities the ancients are not the NOX and the non interfearance policy only came into effect after their ascension before that they were just as much warriors and scientist we were.

Comment

Originally posted by lord groovy View Post
            From The Mote In God's Eye by Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle (1975)
            one of the best scifi novels ever

Comment

they have weapons to defend them self from any thread you don´t know who is out there.

I think all races would do the same except the NOX

Comment

i know I would

www.darkarmada.nl
                www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

their is so little known about the KNOX it is hard to speculate is they were vilont at any point or they would be agen

Comment

its NOX not Knox same as it is Asgard not asguard.

Comment

Knox is a logical misspelling due to Fort Knox

yest the need for weapons on an outpost would be clear to even the most blind persons. Afterall, an outpost is a place where your people live and if there is a possible threat (always around) you need to defend. Like he police in first cases, then comes the defence force.

if an outpost has not got that it be doomed to be taken and destroyed

www.darkarmada.nl
                      www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

indeed any logical race would be prepared for any and all eventualities so defencive capabilities are a must imo wheter it be Nox camoflage or ancient offensive tech.
                        the ancients even took it a step further building cities that could be moved from planet to planet if needed.

Comment

The Ancients have an enemy. Their civilization was almost wiped out by the Ori plague.

There are other threats out there. There's the "Foothold" aliens and the aliens in "Daedalus Variation."

Comment

since when is it cannon that the plague was brought on by the Ori?

Comment

The Nox have exceptional defensive capabilities, as well as regenerative capabilities. They really don't need weapons, and they wouldn't use them anyways due to their philosophies.

The Ancients, however, do not share those philosophies, and so it would be logical and intelligent to have weapons placed at outposts.
                              If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                              Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                              If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                              Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Working...
                              X