PDA

View Full Version : the tech behind the stargate

donnie_darko
December 25th, 2004, 03:56 AM
We have learned from SGA, that the Ancients made the stargate to promote exploration between the different races.

If this true then the Ancients must have taken into account that each race would develop different types of technology. With the many different technologies that could have developed on each world, making the stargate only compatible with Ancients technology would not seem logical. From what we have seen many different races have used the stargate and have developed an understanding of the technology behind it; the Nox, Furlings, Asgard and even the Goa’uld.

The technology behind the stargates in my mind is not true Ancients technology, but a technology made by the Ancients to be universally understood and used.

Wass
December 25th, 2004, 04:36 AM
We will have to wait till season 9 of SG-1 to learn more about that.

Elite Anubis Guard
December 25th, 2004, 07:20 AM
yeah one of the producers said wed be learning more bout the ancients and gatebuilders next season!

southside97
December 25th, 2004, 07:53 AM
to the writers, TPTB, or whatever for the 9th season:

you better explain what the 9th chevron does or i will go on living a toturous life! :D

please dun flame me, i know ppl tired of hearing about the 9th chevron... but what a good way to bring it out in the 9th season, eh?

Wass
December 25th, 2004, 08:06 AM
Although TPTB have said they will explore the origins of ancients and the gatebuilders I will just wait and see because last year they mentioned a lot of things which never happen when the details of the episodes started leaking out.

TechnoWraith
December 25th, 2004, 07:20 PM
to the writers, TPTB, or whatever for the 9th season:

you better explain what the 9th chevron does or i will go on living a toturous life! :D

please dun flame me, i know ppl tired of hearing about the 9th chevron... but what a good way to bring it out in the 9th season, eh?

7 chevrons gets us somewhere in our home galaxy (the Milky Way).

8 chevrons gets us to another galaxy all together (Pegasus galaxy).

Imagine where 9 chevrons will take us? (A whole new universe, maybe?)

Season 9 will tell us more.