Young openly spying on the crew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Young openly spying on the crew

Young openly spying on the crew: Isn't it a bit extreme?

When Young asked Eli to spy on the crew. I said to myself "why not", those military guy are all a bit paranoid on the side. I thought they would be *secretly* spying on the crew that is. But then we see Eli openly spying/recording on a private conversation between people. Where the guy says something like:"yeah, you the military". And then Young says to Eli, good job, keep going. There is such thing as private life and the kino moving around recording private conversation and images is infringement of those basic principle. Doesn't he need a court order or something?
    Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

We haven't yet seen him ordering a kino in everyones private quarters, so far we've just had a kino watching a conversation in a public area. I don't see anything wrong with it. The SGC had security cameras, even in private quarters. But I can see this 'Big Brother' issue coming to a head soon especially with Elis penchant on placing them in the showers and what not.
    sigpic
    Doci of the BAG

Comment

I wonder how exactly Franklin/Volker came to the conclusion they were being spied on? I get the impression that Eli flies that kino everywhere into everyones conversation; what exactly this made this incident seem more sinister?

Comment

Wouldn't it be a better idea just to send Eli around the crew in person, then report back to Young.?

It's a little less discrete than a hovering Kino floating around monitoring people.

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
          Young openly spying on the crew: Isn't it a bit extreme?
          no there are in a unknown situation and i think it's good to know how people act behind your back. if there is going to be problems better to know it ahead of time
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet View Post
            Wouldn't it be a better idea just to send Eli around the crew in person, then report back to Young.?

It's a little less discrete than a hovering Kino floating around monitoring people.
            Eli- Hello Col. Young is having me conduct a survey. Would you consider your expierience on the Destiny to be good, tolerable, or 'I'm going to mutiny'?
            sigpic
            Doci of the BAG

Comment

Originally posted by GateroomGuard View Post
              Eli- Hello Col. Young is having me conduct a survey. Would you consider your expierience on the Destiny to be good, tolerable, or 'I'm going to mutiny'?
              I assumed the Kino was spying on them when they were having they're daily mutiny-prep talk

If they're talking about it infront of the Kino, Eli would only need to stand there and listen, occasionally making points to gain their trust.

Comment

but a mutiny wouldn't solve anything. even if you get new leadership your still stuck on the destiny and your never getting home
                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

We haven't yet seen him ordering a kino in everyones private quarters, so far we've just had a kino watching a conversation in a public area. I don't see anything wrong with it. The SGC had security cameras, even in private quarters. But I can see this 'Big Brother' issue coming to a head soon especially with Elis penchant on placing them in the showers and what not.
                  I'm still unsure what was going on with Eli & Riley. It seems they were implying something was going on, but I would prefer actually seeing what happened instead of those dirty looks. Like Sam in the shower and asking if O'Neill was outside in 200

How do we know that was a public area and not the bathroom or a private quarters?

Comment

I assumed the Kino was spying on them when they were having they're daily mutiny-prep talk

If they're talking about it infront of the Kino, Eli would only need to stand there and listen, occasionally making points to gain their trust.
                    I don't know so far everyone on the ship seems to think Eli is Young's 'fair haired child'. Wray would probably be a better option for keeping the civillians in line.

Originally posted by Mrja84 View Post
                    I'm still unsure what was going on with Eli & Riley. It seems they were implying something was going on, but I would prefer actually seeing what happened instead of those dirty looks. Like Sam in the shower and asking if O'Neill was outside in 200

How do we know that was a public area and not the bathroom or a private quarters?
                    The fact that Eli and Riley are still alive gives me hope that something more is going on. But I was pretty sure the two scientists were being spied on in the mess, a public area. Though I could be wrong.
                    Last edited by GateroomGuard; 05 November 2009, 04:38 PM. Reason: to respond to Mrja84
                    sigpic
                    Doci of the BAG

Comment

I don't know so far everyone on the ship seems to think Eli is Young's 'fair haired child'. Wray would probably be a better option for keeping the civillians in line.
                      I was just going for spying in person would be a far better option than using the Kinos, regardless of who does it.

I think Wray would only keep the civilians in line by trying to lead them with attempted IOA authority, which could be problematic- giving us a power-struggle between Young, Rush & Wray.

Comment

I was just going for spying in person would be a far better option than using the Kinos, regardless of who does it.

I think Wray would only keep the civilians in line by trying to lead them with attempted IOA authority, which could be problematic- giving us a power-struggle between Young, Rush & Wray.
                        True. I guess Young figures with kinos he can watch everyone more closely at all times than trying to get someone in person at every gathering.
                        sigpic
                        Doci of the BAG

Comment

Funny thing is that the 'mutineers' considered Eli to be a way to get information that Young and Rush wanted to keep from them, while Young is using Eli to get intel on the mutineers.

I foresee that Eli will again find himself "torn".

Young: "Eli, I'm relying on you to let me know if you hear or see any signs of discontent or mutiny, whether in person or with the Kino."
                          Eli: "Yeah, sure, I'll let you know."
                          -later_
                          James: "Eli, we need to speak. Privately."
                          Eli: "Uh..."
                          "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                          Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                          Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                          Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                          Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

I wonder if this is going to be like adding gas to a fire. We've got people who are alone, afraid, and distrusting of the people they perceive in control. They think things are being hidden from them, and information is at a premium. If anyone gets an idea that they are really being spied on (other then those two guys) Young et al. could have some serious problems to contend with.

Comment

But I can see this 'Big Brother' issue coming to a head soon especially with Elis penchant on placing them in the showers and what not.
                              Its ok if its public showers like in the Gym or Hospital or...the Destiny.
                              Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Working...
                              X