This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AMC's The Prisoner Debuts In November

Ian McKellen and Jim Caviezel are starring in a remake of the classic show The Prisoner on AMC, starting November 15. I've never actually seen the original Prisoner, but I've only heard good things, so I'm excited by this.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
    Ian McKellen and Jim Caviezel are starring in a remake of the classic show The Prisoner on AMC, starting November 15. I've never actually seen the original Prisoner, but I've only heard good things, so I'm excited by this.
    at least the big white balls are in it.
    sigpic
    EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
    -Liberty Prime

Comment

AMC's re-imagined The Prisoner debuts on November 15th - see link below

http://scifiandtvtalk.wordpress.com/...s-in-november/

Comment

It looks interesting, i'm going to check it out. But is it sci-fi?

Comment

I've been watching the original through library DVDs. Didn't know there was a remake in the works.
          Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

The new Prisoner series is something iv been SCARED about for a long time. They could of easily screwed it up. I was and am a fanboy of the original series waiting with aggressive tension to unleash a torrent of fanboy nerd-rage upon the producers of the new series, leading an army of original-series fans to kill, maim and annihilate the actors and purify the abomination with the purity of fire upon those that would dare remake our blessed geek show.

But after seeing the trailer, I think it looks great

* Looks quite true to the original in many ways, Iam Mckellan as #2 ? he makes a PERFECT #2. Wow.

* Looks as weird and over the top as the original, abeit in a different way.

* They didnt change the design of Rover thank hell. Well, they did do one thing to him. THEY MADE HIM EFFING HUGE. OMG.

* It has a hot redhead in it. <--- always a good thing.

* Be Seeing You!

personally ? I cant wait, im going to see this as more of a sequel and I even have my own fanwanky theories to explain it as thus. Afterall, its set in modern times, its in a new village in a new area/place. For one, maybe #6 is a designation to "rebellious" types, and secondly at the end of the original there was a mass-evacuation - allowing survivors to create this new village. So for me im just going to see it as a sequel.
            Go buy my music and give a starving artist some support. It's dirt-cheap, dammit.
            Ion Plasma Incineration (Hard and heavy electro-industrial music in the vein of late 90's classics, updated for the 21st century!)

Current project : Working on Tolathians Outpost Cyclopean, the world's first pure non-humanoid extra-dimensional sci-fi show! 100% no humans !

Comment

Q & A With Jim Caviezel (Number Six) - see link below

http://scifiandtvtalk.wordpress.com/...-the-prisoner/

Comment

Already a thread about this. Although it was pretty far back in the folder.
                All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                  It looks interesting, i'm going to check it out. But is it sci-fi?
                  Totally. The scifi in the original was mostly about mind control.

Did anyone else think 'OH MY GOD ITS RON PAUL!' when they saw Ian Mckellan in the trailers?
                  Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                  The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
                  I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
                  A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                  That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                  Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                  Caboose: They could be worse?
                  Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

I plan on watching it this Sunday, it looks pretty sweet!

Comment

Q & A with Sir Ian McKellen about The Prisoner - see link below -

Comment

My Dad has the Prisoner set on DVD, along with Dangerman. Which I've watched (and actually really enjoyed) a number of times.

Hopefully this'll be great. Not sure about Jim Caviezel though, but I'll wait and see.

Comment

Well I have watch the 10 minutes trailer for it,

An loved every second.

I have only seen a splattering of the original series episodes, but this looks just as good, may be dare I say it even better, this a update that actually looked feels updated for the better.

I think this may be just weird enough to win the old fans over an gain some new ones to.
                          I also loving that we getting all 6 hours worth in 3 days.

Certainly downloading Monday morning as I am guest it will not be shown in Britain for ages.

Just from the trailer I got a feeling I will be thoroughly dissatisfied with just 6 hours of this, I will want more, an it takes a lot for me to say that just after a trailer.

Comment

Writer Bill Gallagher Talks About The Prisoner - see link below

Comment

AMC is showing The Matrix Trilogy and the Mad Max movies to promote the Prisoner! SWEET!

Comment

Working...
                              X