PDA

View Full Version : Jefferies Tubes

IcarusAbides
October 31st, 2009, 07:04 PM
Did anyone else see this and want Greer to climb and enter a Jefferies tube.

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_yUYswJMwGjc/SuzsYt2fE5I/AAAAAAAAADI/z_KMqsLwGmU/s800/ScreenHunter_02%20Nov.%2001%2002.01.jpg

arrakis44
October 31st, 2009, 07:22 PM
Now that you point it out, YES! Yes I would like to have seen some classic Jeffries Tube nonsense. Best use of the Jeffries tubes: that episode of TNG when all the crew members devolved and the devolved Worf was chasing Picard. Ah... memories.

IcarusAbides
October 31st, 2009, 07:29 PM
Now that you point it out, YES! Yes I would like to have seen some classic Jeffries Tube nonsense. Best use of the Jeffries tubes: that episode of TNG when all the crew members devolved and the devolved Worf was chasing Picard. Ah... memories.
It would be nice for the writers to put a homage to jefferies tubes in SGU. That episode was quality.

reddevil18
October 31st, 2009, 08:35 PM
Did anyone else see this and want Greer to climb and enter a Jefferies tube.

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_yUYswJMwGjc/SuzsYt2fE5I/AAAAAAAAADI/z_KMqsLwGmU/s800/ScreenHunter_02%20Nov.%2001%2002.01.jpg
I was only thinking "No, Dallas, the other way!"

Nemises
October 31st, 2009, 08:37 PM
why is it called Jefferies Tubes ? why not another name ?

IcarusAbides
October 31st, 2009, 08:39 PM
why is it called Jefferies Tubes ? why not another name ?
Because i was making a reference to Star Trek, a reference i would have like to have seen at that point in the episode.

IcarusAbides
October 31st, 2009, 08:42 PM
Well of course you were.

escyos
Im gonna call it a fantastic travel tube!

Cecil Brax
Because i was making a reference to Star Trek, a reference i would have like to have seen at that point in the episode.

Yeah,

As we know there are alot of Startrek References in Stagate as well. Its all in good fun, and to be honest I would have liked to see someone make the joke too.

I wonder what Jeffrey did in those tubes to get them named after him? Kind of like what did Will do too get everyone to fire at him? We know King John was so horrible that Patrick Stewart named a toilet after him. hehe

- CB

P.S. 10 points to the first person who gets that last reference. And no, its not a Star Trek reference!

jsonitsac
October 31st, 2009, 08:45 PM
Something tells me that Eli might nickname them that, but they won't call them that on the show, referring to them as "access tubes" or something.

escyos
October 31st, 2009, 08:45 PM
Yeah,

As we know there are alot of Startrek References in Stagate as well. Its all in good fun, and to be honest I would have liked to see someone make the joke too.

I wonder what Jeffrey did in those tubes to get them named after him? Kind of like what did Will do too get everyone to fire at him? We know King John was so horrible that Patrick Stuart named a toilet after him. hehe

- CB

P.S. 10 points to the first person who gets that last reference. And no, its not a Star Trek reference!

robin hood: men in tights!

IcarusAbides
October 31st, 2009, 08:46 PM
Yeah,

I wonder what Jeffrey did in those tubes to get them named after him? Kind of like what did Will do too get everyone to fire at him? We know King John was so horrible that Patrick Stuart named a toilet after him. hehe

- CB

Men in tights, utter quality, btw it's spelt Stewart.

IcarusAbides
October 31st, 2009, 08:46 PM
robin hood: men in tights!
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

You beat me to it, oh the shame.

Cecil Brax
October 31st, 2009, 08:47 PM
Men in tights, utter quality, btw it's spelt Stewart.

That's how I spelled it! I have no idea what you're talking about ... hehe

- CB

IcarusAbides
October 31st, 2009, 08:49 PM
That's how I spelled it! I have no idea what you're talking about ... hehe

- CB
The power of editing is outdone by the power of quotes, the edit didn't change the quote i made of the original.

Cecil Brax
October 31st, 2009, 08:51 PM
The power of editing is outdone by the power of quotes, the edit didn't change the quote i made of the original.

*Waves hand infront of Icarus' face* This isn't the thread you're looking for ...

Alright, I am done with the dumb references, I promise. (Though I got a good laugh out of this whole thing)

- CB

escyos
October 31st, 2009, 08:52 PM
when do i get my points? can i have the cash equivelant...which a point is equal to around 76 billion dollars?

IcarusAbides
October 31st, 2009, 08:53 PM
*Waves hand infront of Icarus' face* This isn't the thread you're looking for ...

Alright, I am done with the dumb references, I promise. (Though I got a good laugh out of this whole thing)

- CB
Yea, it was fun as were the references.

IcarusAbides
when do i get my points? can i have the cash equivelant...which a point is equal to around 76 billion dollars?
Collect enough points and you can win a trip to the destiny.

Cecil Brax

Well,

All points are paid out in brownies actually. Expect a package in the mail.

Ohh, and just to keep this on topic, Jefferies Tubes!

- CB

Cecil Brax
October 31st, 2009, 08:55 PM
Collect enough points and you can win a trip to the destiny.

Honestly, that statement made me laugh so hard I fell out of my chair. Seriously.

- CB

IcarusAbides
October 31st, 2009, 08:57 PM
Honestly, that statement made me laugh so hard I fell out of my chair. Seriously.

- CB
Then you need a better chair or a beanbag.

rlr149
October 31st, 2009, 09:10 PM
better names:-
ladders of the ancients (a bit OTT maybe)
janus tubes(even though he almost certainly wasn't alive when destiny launched)
the tubes of destiny:cool:
access-way no:####

escyos
October 31st, 2009, 09:53 PM
^^I like "The Tubes of Destiny"

Albeno
October 31st, 2009, 10:07 PM

This.

escyos
October 31st, 2009, 10:18 PM
How about 'Ascendors'?

CJ Master
October 31st, 2009, 10:24 PM
The "intertubes" ;)

Cecil Brax
October 31st, 2009, 10:27 PM
Actually,

I just had one come up while I was brushing my teeth on my way to bed.

Veins!

I mean it makes sense. People always refer to a ship as a 'her' or other living titles. The bridge is the brain, the 'Heart of the Ship', and Hull being skin ... why not the access tubes being 'veins'? Well, or you could call the Power Conduits that ... but still ...

- CB

Encoder
November 1st, 2009, 06:17 AM
Ah, he did, didn't he?

He went up the ladder!

But seriously, how else would you build a ship if not for individual access tubes that connected the ship without the need for a powered lifting mechanism?

:sheppard:

EvilSpaceAlien
November 1st, 2009, 06:24 AM
It shouldn't be called Jefferies Tubes, because this is stargate, not star trek.

I vote for calling it "The Fantabulous Extraordinary Travelling Tube - Now With Magnets!"

IcarusAbides
November 1st, 2009, 07:30 AM
It shouldn't be called Jefferies Tubes, because this is stargate, not star trek.

I vote for calling it "The Fantabulous Extraordinary Travelling Tube - Now With Magnets!"
Fine as this is Stargate and not Star Trek we shall name them Greer Tubes. :D

Count
November 1st, 2009, 06:47 PM
I wonder what Jeffrey did in those tubes to get them named after him?

Jefferies tubes were named after Matt Jefferies. He created the original enterprise design and most of the designs of the classic series. Not to mention he was the one that explained that a ship like the enterprise that was designed to have NO need to have spacewalks to repair ships, would need maintanance tubes between decks to access "critical" systems. Gene Roddenberry name the maintanance tubes after Matt Jefferies as a result.

Captain Obvious
November 1st, 2009, 10:37 PM
what I liked about the destiny "tubes" was that the ladder was rickety. Shaking back and forth with the guys climbing up it, as would be expected from an old ship.

Ukko
November 2nd, 2009, 04:47 AM
Fine as this is Stargate and not Star Trek we shall name them Greer Tubes. :D

I have to go with this guy. Greer tubes it is:D I will use this term whenever the subject of the Greer Tubes comes up:p

garhkal
November 2nd, 2009, 12:45 PM
Greer tubes for the win!

retiredat44
November 3rd, 2009, 12:19 AM
i am just glad this thread's name wasn't Scott's tubes..
:(