This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sgt. Siler / Sparky Appreciation Thread

Who keeps the chevrons .. clean? Who keeps the gate shiny? Who weilds the wrench? Sgt. Siler also known as Sgt. Sparky

Another underappreciated character which even though isn't seen all the time ... hes keeping the SGC up and running

BEGIN FORMAL INTRO
    (this is hella funny read it)

Source: Abydos Gate
    Just take a good look at your tapes and DVDs! He's always there: he keeps the place running, the gate shiny, the chevrons functional. He knows all the plugs and circuitry, he keeps the red phone NID-bug free and the storage areas well-lit.

He is also an essential character on the show as he has wooed the ladies of the SGC. Why else would he spend most his days at the infirmary? (LOL ) It's all of course just a ploy to spend more time with the good Doc Fraiser.

And have you noticed how Sam Carter's almost always unable to fix anything without his help? Now why do you think the smartest person in the world keeps him around all the time? It's simply because Sparky is cute, sexy, and an helluva conversationalist!

He is admired by many, including Col. Jack O'Neill for his great skills and his unparalleled ability to attract electricity (HAHAHA ). Some say he's accident- prone , but is he really? It is our opinion that he takes on all the pain and suffering to protect the others around him - he's a true hero.

END FORMAL INTRO

So... this is a thread dedicated to the continue success of Sgt. Sparky - feel free to spread rumor and trade pictures.

Note: I have initially not included any spoilers but some people may be offended by pictures others post especially if its a episode they haven't seen yet, so just beware - even though I havent made initial spoilers doesnt mean I can prevent them

WE LOVE SPARKY!!!!! and I will graciously accept green points for Sparky
    Last edited by alz0rz; 23 December 2004, 08:11 PM.

Oh! and by the way - all the Chevron Guy fans, (I AM ONE TOO) dont think I have turned my back on poor Walter.. I think off these 2 guys as the leg that holds up the SGC (PHYSICALLY ) -- they are a package deal, take one of them out and the consequences are unforseeable

Comment

Ah, Siler, he of the Very Large Wrench.

I'm a salesperson at SEARS, and recently I sold a wrench that was almost large enough to be Siler's. Alas, the man buying it had never even _heard_ of Stargate.
      My LiveJournal.

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.
      -Frank A. Clark

An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
      -Michel de Saint-Pierre

Now, there's this about cynicism. It's the universe's most supine moral position. Real comfortable. If nothing can be done, then you're not some kind of **** for not doing it, and you can lie there and stink to yourself in perfect peace.
      -Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Borders of Infinity"

Comment

Siler's is cool you mostly see he in the back round but the cevon guy is still cooler

Comment

Sgt Siler. Probably the only one who has been in the infirmary as many times, if not more than, Jack.
          If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

Comment

For what he does for the SGC, he should have had a promotion a long time ago.

Comment

what does he do?

Comment

He was the one that helped fix the stargate in 'Solidudes'
                Stood in the gateroom shooting liquid nitrogen on the iris when Sokar was bombarding it with subatomic particles in 'Serpents's Song'
                Got knocked over the railing in 'Upgrades'
                Got shot with a staff weapon testing the new armor in 'Heros'

Im sure that there are a few more. If anyone can come up with more, please add on.

He kind of reminds me of Mikey from the 'Life' cereal adds. "I don't want to do it, you do it. No. I don't want to do it. Lets get Siler to do it. He'll do anything"

Comment

In Hero's at the end during Janet's ceremony he was all the way in the back and didnt even have a uniform on

He's the SGC Janitor, per se

Comment

Oh, he also attracts electricity.. LOL.. when he's helping interface the power source in The Fifth Race to the base's power..

And also helps interface the ZPM with the gate in Atlantis Rising

Comment

On the subject of electricity, don't forget 48 hours when he got zapped by the DHD. And he got his nickname Sparky!
                      ~Percussive Maintenance - The fine art of repeatedly whacking an electronic device to get it to work again.~

Think before you hit 'Post': Friends may come and go but enemies accumulate. *sigh*

My LiveJournal: watch me babble about Stargate and life in general here.

Comment

Originally posted by joanne1138
                        On the subject of electricity, don't forget 48 hours when he got zapped by the DHD. And he got his nickname Sparky!
                        AH I FORGOT.. LOL

Comment

I can't believe this thread has been inactive so long!

They say you don't know what you have until it's gone - and that's certainly true of Siler. I was re-watching Avatar yesterday, and when he got
                          Spoiler:
                          Goa'ulded and then pumped full of lead
                          I suddenly realized how important he is to the show's success. All hail Sgt. Siler!

Comment

*bump*

You know it's a darn shame that instead of having stories involving Coombs & Felger (The Other Guys? Did I get their names right) - it would be great to have a story completely from their perspectives - you know Sparky and the Chevron Guy save the universe as we know it.
                            sigpic

Selmak.Org ~ A website dedicated to a Snarky Symbiote & Her Boy Toys.
                            Sel's Memorial to Don Davis.

Comment

Hehehe! Hell yes, finally some appreciation for St. Sparky! They totally should do more with him, always should have. Gotta love an accident prone pyromaniac technician, don't ya?

Will green intelligent debates, not just those who share my views. Challenge - always.

Comment

Working...
                              X