PDA

View Full Version : A New Favorite

mlarke
October 30th, 2009, 07:35 PM
Throughout the years that I have watched the various series of Stargate I invariably found "favorite" women in the series, aka the hottest, bear in mind I started watching when I was 14 or 15.

It began with Daniel's wife, Shar'e, (spelling). I started with her simply because of the nudity (I was young, give me a break). Then, onto the obvious choice of Carter, the blond beauty and brains of the universe that is Stargate. There are few women that can compare with this brainy beauty.

Then started Atlantis. I have always had a thing for brunets and Weir fit the bill perfectly. The episode in Season 2 (the title escapes me) when she was taken over by an alien and proceeded to go around Atlantis whooping serious arse, sealed the deal for me.

Now comes Universe.

And it introduces Johanson. Absolutely beautiful. As I said brunets are my thing, but I make exceptions for stunning blondes, and she truly is. I am waiting with bated breath to see where the writers take this character in the hopes that they do some in-depth stuff with her. Hopefully they match the beauty with the brains behind this one as well.

AVFan
October 30th, 2009, 07:45 PM
And it introduces Johanson. Absolutely beautiful. As I said brunets are my thing, but I make exceptions for stunning blondes, and she truly is. I am waiting with bated breath to see where the writers take this character in the hopes that they do some in-depth stuff with her. Hopefully they match the beauty with the brains behind this one as well.

Heck yeah. Agreed for sure. She's absolutely stunning, and seems to have some integrity to her. (*cough*Chloe*cough*)

I hope she develops (<-- key word; during Water she seemed really out of her element) into leading role like she had tonight rather than her current supporting role.

j_talyn
October 30th, 2009, 07:45 PM
I'd vote for the original Sha'uri from the original film first, but agree with Carter and Weir. In general I prefer brunettes as well, but I simply must agree with TJ being a new favorite. I was happy to see she got a little more of the spotlight in this episode. She's showing some potential for much more depth for character. I can't wait to see how good she is in an actual fire fight or just fight.

Jeff-B
October 30th, 2009, 07:47 PM
She definitely proved something in this episode. Apparently somewhere along the way she gained Greer's respect, which doesn't seem to be easy.

Sonicbluemustang
October 30th, 2009, 07:50 PM
She reminds me of Seven of Nine. :)

mlarke
October 30th, 2009, 08:13 PM
Honestly, I'm a little surprised by the positive responses to initial post.

I probably shouldn't be however, after reading some of the loathsome Chloe posts on the board, which I tend to agree with.

I think for me the "new love affair" with TJ began in Light when she was speaking to Rush about the withdrawal symptoms he was experiencing. Her bedside manner is what I wish I would have gotten during my 3 day hospital stay for my appendix (it burst). Although I did get to see the clown and dog while I was admitted, hooray for the pediatrics ward when you're 21.

Landers
October 30th, 2009, 08:14 PM

*LOL* I thought that too. I think its the hair. But I like her too.

Ranlier
October 30th, 2009, 08:18 PM
Well, uh, you might be finding her less attractive as she gets increasingly pregnant throughout Season 1.

AVFan
October 30th, 2009, 08:21 PM
Well, uh, you might be finding her less attractive as she gets increasingly pregnant throughout Season 1.

That news only broke last week. They're already done shooting season 1, and if they're not, they're almost done. This early in the pregnancy, there's nothing (or very little) to hide.

antcave
October 30th, 2009, 08:25 PM
whats unattractive about pregnant women?

mlarke
October 30th, 2009, 08:28 PM

I'm alright with it as long as they don't dwell on it. I don't think I could take a Col. Young quest to save Lt. Johanson's baby from evil sand bugs. Good lord did I hate the "Michael" storyline.

Pharaoh Atem
October 30th, 2009, 08:29 PM

she is nothing like seven of nine

Captain Obvious
October 30th, 2009, 08:57 PM

not to shoot you down there completely, but many many men find a woman with child absolutely stunning, especially when its Alaina Huffman!

the fifth man
October 30th, 2009, 09:01 PM
She is definitely a beautiful woman. And hopefully, they use her character more often like they did in this one. It was nice to get more out of her.

MattSilver 3k
October 30th, 2009, 09:25 PM
TJ is up there for me. After Water, I can't decide between her and Park as my favourite female character. By default, I'll say they're both my favourites!

garhkal
October 30th, 2009, 09:26 PM
I thought the same actress who played Sha'rue in the film played it in children of the gods..

major davis
October 30th, 2009, 09:46 PM
Yeah! At first she boared me now I love her!!!!

Replicator Todd
October 30th, 2009, 09:52 PM
The thing I like about Stargate is that there always seems to be great female characters/actors on the show. Most of the time my favorite characters in shows are female. TJ is awesome.

face of jase.
October 31st, 2009, 05:23 AM
absolutely agreed. Aside from the fact that she's beautiful, Alaina Huffman is a fantastic actress. Im really enjoying SGU, especially the fact that they take the time to explain things and give the characters time... For instance, Lisa Park explaining how to use the suits communications "press this button to communicate with the desinty", or TJ in command and dealing with the burdens of command.

Such a contrast to, say, SGA where sheppard would put Teyla in command of Atlantis (What the hell) and then you'd hardly see her do anything

Commander Zelix
October 31st, 2009, 05:34 AM
She's incredibly beautiful. Especially for the facial feature. I think only "Fran" is as good looking as her in Stargate. The blonde leader on the Atlantis episode "The Game" (board game between Rodney and Sheppard) was fine too.

reddevil18
October 31st, 2009, 05:50 AM
That news only broke last week. They're already done shooting season 1, and if they're not, they're almost done. This early in the pregnancy, there's nothing (or very little) to hide.
Yup. And TPTB decided to kill off her character in the season finale, rather than go through the whole "My people/my baby!" debacle yet again.

maddmike
November 2nd, 2009, 01:34 PM
Defiantly :D

Lord Hurin
November 2nd, 2009, 02:46 PM
Yup. And TPTB decided to kill off her character in the season finale, rather than go through the whole "My people/my baby!" debacle yet again.

Is that what's been confirmed, or just rumoured? Do you have a link?

I didn't care too much for the character in the first couple of episodes, but she really grew on me a lot in this last one!

M2W
November 2nd, 2009, 04:30 PM
I thought the same actress who played Sha'rue in the film played it in children of the gods..

Nope.

From Gateworld's Omnipedia:
"PLAYED BY - Mili Avital, Vaitiare Bandera"

j_talyn
November 2nd, 2009, 07:14 PM
Nope.

From Gateworld's Omnipedia:
"PLAYED BY - Mili Avital, Vaitiare Bandera"

I know I'm new here... but I made a post two days ago about this and it's not here anymore... *scratches head* just confused not mad or anything...

Mongoletsi
November 3rd, 2009, 01:36 AM
Uhuh when I first started reading this thread I was worried it'd be like that truly scary bloke who's obsessed with Lucy Lawless. Anybody remember? David somethingorother, think he is from Israel. He's got SERIOUS issues!

Mongoletsi
November 3rd, 2009, 01:37 AM
This is what I am on about (http://www.google.co.uk/search?q="lucy+lawless"+"David+Kashfi") !!!

Lord Hurin
November 3rd, 2009, 10:27 AM
This is what I am on about (http://www.google.co.uk/search?q="lucy+lawless"+"David+Kashfi") !!!

Dude, that's messed up! :S

Jeff-B
November 3rd, 2009, 04:52 PM
Uhuh when I first started reading this thread I was worried it'd be like that truly scary bloke who's obsessed with Lucy Lawless. Anybody remember? David somethingorother, think he is from Israel. He's got SERIOUS issues!

I've heard the term "stalker" before, but this guy defines it!