Dakara super-weapon as a Terraformer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dakara super-weapon as a Terraformer

It is possible because the device strips everything form a planet and rearranges it by the users specifications, essentially a big Ancient Galactic Terraformer(AGT).

what do you think
    http://epsilon.astroempires.com/?ref=E.94116

it does not rearrange, it tears atomic bonds apart.

Comment

Good idea, but I think the Ancients only intended to place gates on habitable worlds, and the Dakara weapon requires the gates to work, so it's unlikely you'd be able to terraform a planet unless there was a gate there first. And if there wasn't, then there's probably a reason the Ancients never bothered with it.

I can only remember it from the Replicator episodes, though, so I could be wrong.
      "You wanna run this ship?"
      "YES!"
      "W.. well, you can't."

Comment

Originally posted by dropstitch View Post
        Good idea, but I think the Ancients only intended to place gates on habitable worlds, and the Dakara weapon requires the gates to work, so it's unlikely you'd be able to terraform a planet unless there was a gate there first. And if there wasn't, then there's probably a reason the Ancients never bothered with it.

I can only remember it from the Replicator episodes, though, so I could be wrong.
        They could have put on near perfect world(like 'hoth' will be in Water) and use the Dakara Device(as the Ancients would think of it) to make it better

Komtraya

Comment

Originally posted by Serenity000 View Post
          It is possible because the device strips everything form a planet and rearranges it by the users specifications, essentially a big Ancient Galactic Terraformer(AGT).

what do you think
          I don't know if you consider the Atlantis novels then I think the Ancients used different technology as terraformers, of course ofically the novels arent "cannon", just fun to read.
          For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. -Jeremiah 29:11

Comment

i think of it more as a device which can create a wave of energy desinged to manipulate certain things. i dont think its as advanced enough to turn a pot plant into dust and then tiurn that dust in to a human.

i think its more like it manipulates matter to create certain material needed to form life, essentially creating a 'primordial ooze' which life can then evolve in any way, perhaps all most life has a common ancestry so to speak.

perhaps it can be used as a terraformer, there really no reason why it cant, if they could separate CO2 into some oxygen and carbon....but then you'd have carbon falling from the sky....

slight problem mentioned earlier, it requires the gate...and whats to stop that energy when travelling from the weapon to the gate from 'terraforming' dakara?

Comment

The Ancients could have shielding to protect Dakara.

Comment

Originally posted by dropstitch View Post

actually, we have come across at least 1 planet that was completely uninhabitable, and that was the planet featured in "message in a bottle" where oniell got pinned to the wall by that alien orb thing. that planet was completely lifeless so if the dakara device was still around you could theoretically fix the planet with it.
                STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

I don't think it could be a terraformer, just a exterminator.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                    I don't think it could be a terraformer, just a exterminator.
                    but the ancients used it to recreate life in the milkyway

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                      but the ancients used it to recreate life in the milkyway
                      jup they did

they just dakara to reseed life in the milkyway after the pleage

so it is a terraformer in evry word in it meaning
                      sorry cant spell

Comment

Like the Episode Scorched Earth the Gadmeer Terraformer threatened to exterminate Enkarans.

Comment

remember that an half-ascended goauld said that. goauld are not to be trusted.

there's a massive difference between severing all atomic bonds and creating very specific ones

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                            remember that an half-ascended goauld said that. goauld are not to be trusted.

there's a massive difference between severing all atomic bonds and creating very specific ones
                            perhaps it manipulates subatomic energy pathways..in the replicator instance severing the kiron pathways between each block...in a terraformer way...making the carbon and the oxygen in carbon monoxide separate to form separate elements

maybe manipulating enough of something to give life a chance at...life

Comment

subatomic energy pathways? what the hell?

atoms are bonded by electrons. you can not magically sever these bonds.

dakara was a destructive wave of energy which ripped apart all bonds. it can not create life, it's nonsense. it does not work that way

Comment

Working...
                              X