Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

slipspace & hyperspace missiles

okay first addressing the halo part.

this is my idea, basically take a slipspace generator make it into missile form. before it impacts on the shields it activates creating a small slipspace rupture taking anything in the radius with it. this would only take a part of the ship and if preprogramed cold send this chuck at another enemy ship.

stargate one is basically the same or we could use it to allow other missiles to bypass the shield and hit the ship directly.

any thoughts?
    time doesn't go in a linear path like everyone thinks, time is a ball of timey wimey wibbly wobblely uh....

Google won't search for Chuck Norris because it knows you don't find Chuck Norris, he finds you.
    sigpic

much easier to use phasing technology and just un-phase the missiles and go right through the shields.
    Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
    Anime signature in spoiler tag
    Spoiler:
    Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

eventually, ships would develop some antiphasing tech or some slipspace stabilizer. THe tempory boost isnt worth it. The enemy will find a way around it, like the replicators did with the disruptor

The battle for the ultimate SG team: who will it be?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by soulgazer View Post
        eventually, ships would develop some antiphasing tech or some slipspace stabilizer. THe tempory boost isnt worth it. The enemy will find a way around it, like the replicators did with the disruptor

the problem i have with that is that the enemy is not going to know how the ship was destroyed so they wont know to try and find a way to counter phasing tech. or whatnot because its not as simple as altering a program like the replicators did because thats pretty easy but to come up with a defence to a technology that you know nothing about would be next to impossible.
        STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

And the Replicators had help to develop the cipher cough we got suckered cough.
          http://epsilon.astroempires.com/?ref=E.94116

Comment

they could -eventually- have made their own. what replicarter did was just the easy way.

the easiest form is a mini-attero. attero was impressive for being galaxy-wide. if it spanned just a few million miles, it would require much less power

Comment

I wounder how shanked we would be if someone made an atterro in our galaxy and turned it on..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                I wounder how shanked we would be if someone made an atterro in our galaxy and turned it on..
                teal'c would find and destroy it
                The battle for the ultimate SG team: who will it be?

sigpic

Comment

except that the attero in the MW would have to be even MORE powerfull. MW is much bigger than PG

Comment

True. BUT just think how much more our galaxy is dependent on gate travel.. Then we woul dhave to see which 'freqency' it got tuned too...

Comment

The galaxy gun in SW was pretty awsome it fired hyperspace missiles at planets and fleets from halfway across the galaxy basicly Pwning anything they empire could get accurate coordinates on and relay back quick enough and SG hyper drives work in gravity wells too which SW don't

imagine that being able to put a horizon anywhere in the galaxy even inside enemy ships/bases

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                        The galaxy gun in SW was pretty awsome it fired hyperspace missiles at planets and fleets from halfway across the galaxy basicly Pwning anything they empire could get accurate coordinates on and relay back quick enough and SG hyper drives work in gravity wells too which SW don't

imagine that being able to put a horizon anywhere in the galaxy even inside enemy ships/bases

i dont think that building a hyperspace missile that could be fired from halfway across the galaxy would be possible because the missile would take a long long time to reach its target and creating hyperdrives small enough to fit on something that can really be called a missile and not a ship would be extremely difficult. i mean the only way to ever make a hyperspace missile would be to make it a shrot range, at least 2000 lightyears, because thus far, thats as far as our smallest yperdrives can go.
                        STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

why make it small just use like a teltack scale hyperdrive a huge missile and a mark 9 warhead with a remote nav computer

wraith base on some planet boom gone
                          Lucian aliance fleet massed up some place boom

if your going o do might as well remove all risk to your self

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

or we might just send a ship. a weapon that can fire across the galaxy in hours is firing small ships.

why not much easier? why not invent a class of starships, that in reality are flying starbases, carry gunships with nuclear missiles and destroyers with energy guns? anywhere in the galaxy you can rapidly deploy

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                              why make it small just use like a teltack scale hyperdrive a huge missile and a mark 9 warhead with a remote nav computer

wraith base on some planet boom gone
                              Lucian aliance fleet massed up some place boom

if your going o do might as well remove all risk to your self
                              but if you fire from 2000 lightyears away from like a ship, you would still be safe and what your firing would still really be a missile. and even if you built a missile the size of a teltac it would still take a long long time to get to the target halfway across the galaxy.
                              STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Working...
                              X