Naquadah/Naquadria Physics Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Naquadah/Naquadria Physics Question

Do you think Naquadah/Naquadria is an element or a compound?

If its an element, where on the Periodic Table would you guess they reside?

They say it's an element on the show. It is also supposed to be very heavy. Since the rest of its properties don't make any sense, where it is on the table is anyone's guess.
    MWG Gate Network Simulation

Looks familiar?

Comment

I think it's probably a transuranic stable-island superheavy element. In other words, every element past uranium is radioactive, but some have nuclei with a 'magic' ratio of protons to neutrons that makes them more stable than elements surrounding them (they decay in seconds rather than fractions of seconds).

Naquadah should be hugely radioactive if that's the case!
      And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
      sigpic
      Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

it is possible that whatever makes it so energetic and energy dense, probably also accounts for the reason it does not insta-alpha-decay

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
          I think it's probably a transuranic stable-island superheavy element. In other words, every element past uranium is radioactive, but some have nuclei with a 'magic' ratio of protons to neutrons that makes them more stable than elements surrounding them (they decay in seconds rather than fractions of seconds).
          Naquahdriah is a derivative of Naquadah and is highly radioactive (leading to hallucinations after prolonged exposure). Perhaps it is an unstable isotope of the stable configuration described above and it is stated that it eventually decays back into Naquadah after 20,000 years.
          "So, what's your impression of Alar?"
          "That he is concealing something."
          "Like what?"
          "I am unsure. He is concealing it."

"Well, according to Einstein’s General Theory of Relativity, there’s nothing in the laws of physics to prevent it. Extremely difficult to achieve, mind you – you need the technology to manipulate black holes to create wormholes not only through points in space but time."
          "Not to mention a really nice DeLorean."
          "Don’t even get me started on that movie!"
          "I liked that movie!"

Comment

or maybe it's an even higher element which does have some normal physics apply to it

Comment

I would guess that naquada a simple atom where the quarks (and other particles) are not assembled as protons and nuetron in a conventional manner. Perhap just a quark/gluon glob with enormous nuclear potential energy. The electron orbit makes it behave as if it was a metal. This substance has binding energy which is negative and decomposition of the quark/gluon mass into component stable molecules (h, he, li, be, c, o, n, si, pb, fe, ni, etc.) just needs a triggering event. Perhaps even just a chemical reaction with pottasium, plutonium, or other compounds can trigger a partial conversion while exposure to a high instantaneuous hard particle flux (i.e nuclear explosion) can trigger a runaway sub atomic reaction. naquadria would be a further excitied form with even more nuclear potential energy.

do I get a prize?

Comment

so maybe an actual blob of quarks and gluons without forming nucleons?

Comment

something like that
                  The clean fission could be nothing more than the nucleus coelescing into atoms with conventional protons/neutrons. The energy release would be kinetic energy of large ejected nucleus's (travelling only a few microns and energetic electrons (kind of like pure electrical discharge consistent with a compact device like a mark I have large raw electrical power output. Something like this in a higher energy state could be triggered by non nucleus events (heat, chemical reaction, etc.) explaining k naq reaction and magnification of nuclear blasts. I'm not sure if there is any feasible method to excite nuclues into fissioning protons and nuetrons while keeping them in the nucleus but this is scifi after all.

Comment

Working...
                  X