dont the Travelers and the Lantean ship look similar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dont the Travelers and the Lantean ship look similar

i was watching Atlantis and i saw a Travelers ship and a Lantean arrora and to they look similar from the outside.

it got me thinking that maby it was a Lantean ship maby a scout ship or a scince ship.

As they where lossing the war with the waith they gave them to the Travelers maby the most advanced human race they could find. over the years they biult more but becauce they did not fully understand the tec they where using the jerry riged alot of the syestems in the ship.

what dos anyone elce think

Maybe the Travellers and the Ancients both liked ugly ships.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
      I thing they both look awsome

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
        Ahahaha! Compared to the O'Neill, they are. But on the inside, they're quite beautiful. Well, the Aurora is, at least.
        If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
        Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
        If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
        Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Sorry... but I was always under the impression that it was a given that the Travellers were using an Ancient ship, which is why they wanted Shep to operate some of the controls...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
            Sorry... but I was always under the impression that it was a given that the Travellers were using an Ancient ship, which is why they wanted Shep to operate some of the controls...
            When they were on the Aurora yes, but I don't think he ever was in control of a regular old Traveller ship.
            All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

i dont see the resemblance, the Traveler ships look primitive by comparison especially the interior of the ships...an Aurora has a elegant interior design similar to Atlantis, whereas the interior of a Travelers ship is chaotic, with wires and parts hanging out of every panel...

i personally think the Traveler ships are of there own design...possibly made at a time when the Travelers original civilization was quite advanced and hadn't become a space faring race yet...thats just my thoughts, there were far to little advanced human races on Atlantis besides earth humans that are/were capable of building there own ships...

Comment

It would make sense for Traveler society to be advanced. Think about it, they live on ships so their kids all have to learn science and engineering just to survive. Without a highly educated population, Traveler society would collapse very quickly.

Comment

I think they probably studied a lantian ship and learned from it in the same way the F302 was built using knowledge obtained by studying death gliders.

And i like traveller ships they have a millennium falcon vibe about them.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

oh please come on, not everything is stolen from the ancients!

i'm really getting fed up with this.

MAYBE they just designed something and it turned out to look alike. well, according to you because i dont see the similarities. it looked more japanese to me

Comment

short answer:No

Long Answer: NNNNNNNnnnnnooooooooooo

.Lantean/Alteran Vessels used crystal technology where as the Travellers used wires.

.Lantean/Alteran vessels have controls written in Ancient. Travellers' vessels don't.

.ALL Lantean Vessels encountered in the Pegasus Galaxy required the ATA gene to operate, travellers vessel's do not.

.The design similarities are superficial at best.

In conclusion; The Travellers vessels have nothing in common with Lantean vessels past present or future.
                      sigpic
                      Made by Aragon101

Spoiler:
                      Episode III: Phantasm.
                      "Shadows are patient, shadows just wait...'til they cover the occeans, the cities...the whole of the world. Shadows always win."

Comment

looking again i agree its orgional travellers is circuit based lantian is crystals

and i agree about everyone ripped off the ancients crap is annoying

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

.Lantean/Alteran Vessels used crystal technology where as the Travellers used wires.
                          That's rather simple, use what's available. You use crystals if you have crystals, and you use wires if you have metal.

.Lantean/Alteran vessels have controls written in Ancient. Travellers' vessels don't.
                          *raises eyebrows* You usually would have your own controls written in your language, not another language completely.

.ALL Lantean Vessels encountered in the Pegasus Galaxy required the ATA gene to operate, travellers vessel's do not.
                          Well, it would be rather pointless to make a ship your couldn't use.
                          .The design similarities are superficial at best.

In conclusion; The Travellers vessels have nothing in common with Lantean vessels past present or future.
                          I wouldn't say that. There's nothing for or against saying that the Travellers were influenced by Ancient design. Their ships are of their own, but knowing that the Ancients left a lot of stuff lying around the MW and Pegasus galaxies, well, I would say it's more likely that they came across something than not. After all, they did find a ship. Who's to say that they didn't find something else that doesn't require the gene?
                          If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                          Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                          If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                          Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                            oh please come on, not everything is stolen from the ancients!

i'm really getting fed up with this.

MAYBE they just designed something and it turned out to look alike. well, according to you because i dont see the similarities. it looked more japanese to me
                            agreed...

like no other race an entire galaxy can come up with there own original idea's and design's...

Comment

I really don't get the confusion. Traveler ships are smaller than the Daedalus. The Aurora-class is nothing like it. The travelers did possess a lantean warship, but it was made by the ancients.
                              Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                              encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                              3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                              4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                              5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Working...
                              X