• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Left Hand (206)

DOLLHOUSE - SEASON TWO
    THE LEFT HAND
    EPISODE NUMBER - 206

Echo and Bennett have a shocking reunion; Adelle squares off against the D.C. Dollhouse's leader (Ray Wise); Topher recruits Victor for his espionage; Perrin discovers a surprising witness in his crusade against the Rossum Corporation. (TV Guide)

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 26 December 2013, 11:11 PM.

Those GPS strips are not GPS strips, they're tape and reel packaging used for small integrated circuit chips.

A lot of this was really boring. I like seeing Summer Glau smile, but the Topher/Bennett stuff was just PAINFUL to watch. Plus, her attitude in Part 2 here is wildly different than in Part 1.... Honestly, more than half the episode I was bored to tears.

Victor as Topher was probably the highlight of the whole thing. Though the Bennett/Caroline past reveal was interesting.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I liked this episode set a lot. I can't remember what goes where, so the whole two hours are going to be put here.

At first, I was really bummed at the idea that the wife was the Doll, but then loved how she turned out the be the handler. I mean, what a fascinating idea- turning a useless trust fund brat into a productive member of society, albeit a manipulated puppet in this case.

Bennett was hilarious. Summer Glau plays a good crazy person. Topher's crush on her cracked me up, especially shooting her with the Disruptor to make sure she wasn't a Doll. I think that's a nice compliment to pay to a woman, in a warped way.

Topher talking to Topher was equally amusing. The impression Victor did was just amazing. That man can act! I hope to see the actor elsewhere going forward.

I would like to know more about Bennett and Caroline. It definitely was interesting since it gave the impression that Caroline was more of an eco-terrorist than just a college student with a cause. I require more!

Looking forward to next week!
      sigpic

Comment

I couldn't stop laughing at the Topher talking to Topher scenes...

Comment

I don't think I've ever seen an actor nail an impression as hard as Enver did with Topher. Wow. It was almost uncanny. LOL!

A few interesting developments plot-wise but overall it still isn't really wow-ing me. I'm glad they'll have a chance to wrap this all up and I'm more sure than ever that with all the repetitions of the actors saying the show is "going out with a bang" that the Dollhouse is gonna explode or something (or hey, blow up the whole gorram planet) which'll be fun to see but TBH I can't say I really care what happens. Part of me would love for the story with Victor and Sierra to work out happily, but with this being a Joss production I'm not holding my breath.

My only one real hope is that Enver will get snapped up left and right and be in lots of good Hollywood stuff that will allow him to flex those incredible acting muscles of his. I mean, wow. I thought Kiki was hilarious, but Topher? This guy has talent coming out of his adorable little ears and I wanna see MORE MORE MORE. To heck with the rest of 'em.

Comment

I just saw the two parter and I really liked it. Damn Enver Gjokaj is GOOD! His Topher was completely spot on. Ia m with you guys. I really hope that he will be able to get some good roles because he so deserves to. I also loved the twist that the seantor was the doll. Didn't see that coming.

I am rather glad that I am so behind in watching (had no internet for a month) because now I have a ton of new Dollhouse goodness coming up ^_^
            He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
            He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
            And he's wonderful.

Comment

Working...
            X