X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plymouth Rock - News/Speculation/Discussion

CW announce new space soap, Plymouth Rock

Many of the Veronica Mars team have been tapped by the CW network to create new science fiction soap opera Plymouth Rock.

The new show was announced as part of the CW's development slate for 2010, and comes from Rob Thomas, the original executive producer of the revived Beverly Hills 90210 and the writer behind Veronica Mars. He reunites with fellow Mars alumni Danielle Stokdyk, Jennifer Gwartz and Dan Etheridge, with whom he also worked on Cupid and the cult show Party Down for the Starz network.

Plymouth Rock will be set on a spaceship travelling to a distant planet. The young people on board has a mission to colonise the new world and save the human race.

http://totalscifionline.com/news/411...-plymouth-rock

Hmmm, I just don't know. Must wait for more info.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Well I guest people at CW thought Defying gravity and Virtuality were good, well one of them was actually, defying gravity. Why do not they save time an pay for that series to be produce for the network.

But I guest any scifi is better than no scifi, it needs a better name through. Of all the cool name they could chosen and they call it Plymouth Rock.

An may be they could come up with something more interesting than saving the planet or the human race.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
        Well I guest people at CW thought Defying gravity and Virtuality were good, well one of them was actually, defying gravity. Why do not they save time an pay for that series to be produce for the network.

But I guest any scifi is better than no scifi, it needs a better name through. Of all the cool name they could chosen and they call it Plymouth Rock.

An may be they could come up with something more interesting than saving the planet or the human race.
        plymouth rock is an awful name, especially since in the uk people will assume it is about a south west seaside resort.

although i googled it and it is actually the place from where the mayflower disembarked. so i guess it is suitable.

but does anyone get the feeling it will be exactly what everyone dreaded SGU might be?
        Spoiler:
        Disclaimer:
        I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
        Quotes!
        - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
        - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
        - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
        sigpic

Comment

Not being one of those people, but yeah I got the feeling this will be those people SGU nightmares come true.
          Last edited by knowles2; 19 October 2009, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
            Hmmm, I just don't know. Must wait for more info.
            Yeah the premise so far is way too generic. I'll probably give it a chance if they follow through but most likely on Hulu or On Demand. The only show the CW has ever done that I liked was Smallville.
            || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
              Yeah the premise so far is way too generic. I'll probably give it a chance if they follow through but most likely on Hulu or On Demand. The only show the CW has ever done that I liked was Smallville.
              I do love Smallville. And Supernatural too!
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                I do love Smallville. And Supernatural too!
                Supernatural is alright. I never got that into it though. I'm just not in to horror/monster-chasers stories.

But aside from those shows, CW is like the Vampire Gossip Girl Diaries channel.
                || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                  Supernatural is alright. I never got that into it though. I'm just not in to horror/monster-chasers stories.

But aside from those shows, CW is like the Vampire Gossip Girl Diaries channel.
                  my girlfriend is into vampires and stuff so i gave that vampire diaries a chance and watched the pilot and it is dreadfull, the worst bits of early smallville mixed with a bit of true blood and twilight.... gahk!!
                  Spoiler:
                  Disclaimer:
                  I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                  Quotes!
                  - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                  - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                  - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X