This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

O'Neill to remain in charge of SGC

Sorry if this info is somewhere else, but i couldnt find it yet on the forum. SciFi Wire is reporting that Robert Cooper has said that even though RDA's involvement has not yet been figured out, the character will remain in the position he is in and intregral to the show...at least that is what I got out of it. Here's the link...
    http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/i...ory=0&id=30009

yes, but i read somewhere that he'd only be appearing in a handful of episodes.
    ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

Sounds rather Hammond like to me, thats how a base commander really should be. Hammond rarely was in the eps for more than 10 mins unless it was base based which less than 20% of the eps were so with RDA's reduced timing, it could be done even if its reduced more

Comment

Originally posted by dsigal
        Sorry if this info is somewhere else, but i couldnt find it yet on the forum. SciFi Wire is reporting that Robert Cooper has said that even though RDA's involvement has not yet been figured out, the character will remain in the position he is in and intregral to the show...at least that is what I got out of it. Here's the link...
        http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/i...ory=0&id=30009
        Excellent...that is terrific news! I was hoping that rumor about O'Neill being replaced with a new Base Commander was a bunch of non-sense. Turns out it is...hehe

Ace
        "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

Originally posted by Ace
          Excellent...that is terrific news! I was hoping that rumor about O'Neill being replaced with a new Base Commander was a bunch of non-sense. Turns out it is...hehe

Ace
          Yes, but you should read the rest...

From http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/i...ory=0&id=30009

Robert C. Cooper, executive producer of SCI FI Channel's original series Stargate SG-1, told SCI FI Wire that the character of Brig. Gen. Jack O'Neill will remain a part of the show in the upcoming ninth season, whether or not Richard Dean Anderson returns as a regular cast member. "His character is going to remain very much alive in the Stargate [SG-1] universe," Cooper said in an interview. "He ... is going to be integral in commanding what goes on at the SGC. As to the appearance of Richard Dean Anderson in the series, that's really still undetermined. We are very hopeful that Rick is going to agree to participate in a number of episodes, but I have no idea as to how many or when that will be resolved."

At press time, Anderson was still in talks about his status on the show.

This means that yes, Jack O'Neill will still be in the show, but if RDA decides not to come back, you won't see the RDA Jack O'Neill anymore except in flashbacks...

Comment

But you know what?? Even if RDA doesn't appear much in the role, it makes me happy that Jack will still be a part of the Stargate world. I'd hate it if he disappeared off the show and was never mentioned again (like some characters).

Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Well they won't have another guy playing Jack unless TPTB are off their heads on something. Replacing a core character like that tends to be disasterous!
              I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Hmmm ... I notice that RCC didn't say explicitly that Jack will remain in command at the S.G.C., but that he "is going to be integral in commanding what goes on at the S.G.C."

Some flex-room, maybe?
                GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

I hope that they don't recast the role. That wouldn't be a good move I think.
                  A Quick Word from the Far Side of the Galaxy

Comment

like someone noted, they're saying the CHARACTER not the ACTOR

this suggests that a recast could be a possible outcome

or this could also be like the 'we're adding two new characters' bits that were leaked a year ago....IMHO, a negotiation tactic - sign or we'll replace you

time will tell but i think the emphasis on character over actor could be rather telling

are we getting another x-files redux???
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver

or this could also be like the 'we're adding two new characters' bits that were leaked a year ago....IMHO, a negotiation tactic - sign or we'll replace you

time will tell but i think the emphasis on character over actor could be rather telling

Oh egads, I didn't think they might actually keep the CHARACTER but not use RDA to play Jack. I'd hate to see anyone else in the role at this point.

Recasting would be a BIG mistake in my opinion. I'd be VERY surprised if they go that direction.

The flies on the walls at MGM/Bridge studios must be mighty entertained by all the wrangling going on.
                      Last edited by keshou; 21 December 2004, 10:53 AM.
                      Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver

Could you elaborate on that x files point... it sounds interesting, but im not sure what you mean fully...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
                          Hmmm ... I notice that RCC didn't say explicitly that Jack will remain in command at the S.G.C., but that he "is going to be integral in commanding what goes on at the S.G.C."

Some flex-room, maybe?
                          I just noticed that as well...I really hope that he meant he will still remain in Command. Just do more off-world missions where we will not need to see O'Neill as much. Like at the beginning of an episode we see SG-1 walk through the gate to a planet and at the end we see them make their way back.

Like earlier seasons... I guess I'll have to keep my fingers crossed again huh?

Ace
                          "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

To me this news means that RDA will be involved in some level in the next season. I was worried that we'd not have him in any episodes at all. But the way I read this news...there is no possible way that you can leave O'Neill in charge of the SGC without him ever appearing in an episode, so the fact that they are planning on doing so makes me think that although they still haven't worked out the level of his involvement, they are confident that he'll be around at least just a little bit. Does that make any sense?

Comment

Something else from the article...
                              One of the things we're going to be exploring in season nine is the origin of the Ancients and the Gatebuilders.
                              Why are the Ancients and the Gatebuilders talked about as two separate entities? Is there something that has been hidden from us for a while?

Comment

Working...
                              X