This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Do You Want To See As A Movie?

I was just thinking to myself while reading through some threads. There must be so many books/comics/series/etc. out there that people would love to see on the big screen. So, what would you like to see made into a film?

With the new Inuyasha series recently coming out, I've been on a huge anime kick lately. I'd love to see live-action versions of Inuyasha, Cowboy Bebop and possibly Trigun.

I'm still dying to see The Hobbit and was ridiculously excited when I heard it had finally been confirmed.

I may sound like a total dork, but the WoW movie seems like it would be really interesting. Then again, it could be absolutely awful. I don't think there's going to be an in-between with that one.

I guess that's pretty much all my brain can come up with this early in the morning. I was really more interested in hearing what other people's ideas were, anyway.

I would love to see David Weber's Honor Harrington series brought to the movies! It would be so awesome! Anne Hathaway would play the perfect Honor (but we'd have to hurry before she gets to be too much older).
    sigpic
    Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Cowboy Bebop is getting the big screen treatment, with Keanu Reeves as Spike... Oh my god epic fail.
      Dimmed light illuminates wearily a thousand skyscrapers of concrete, glass, shattered imaginations and severed dreams. Urban structures of brick and steel extend tendrils of decay and neglect into an aging embrace of irreverence, moving forward into synthetic joy.

Comment

I'd love to see Peter Jackson tackle First and Second Age stories in The Silmarillion and Unfinished Tales, no matter how many movies it took.

Other stuff:
        - a huge budget miniseries (like 10-12 parts) of Deus Ex
        - a huge budget miniseries (perhaps several) covering the Foundation Trilogy
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Confessor Rahl View Post
          Cowboy Bebop is getting the big screen treatment, with Keanu Reeves as Spike... Oh my god epic fail.
          Oh, yea, I remember now that I had heard about that. I think I choked on my water, so I can't believe I forgot.

Comment

I'd be kinda curious to see the Eyre Affair turned into a movie. Or the Thursday Next books in general. It'd take a special kind of mind to get it right, though, and there'd be a few things that are hard to translate into a movie. The footnotes-as-conversation could probably be translated to subtitles, but the mispeling vyrus would be trickier.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Honor books brought to the screen although I prefer the earlier books when it was more about the military stuff and the people rather than politics and romance.

Terry Gilliam was working on an adaptation of Good Omens that got mothballed. I'd like to see that get resurrected... although not if they're still serious about casting Robin Williams as Aziraphale. Either way it's an Apocalypse movie everyone could love.

Comment

Just because I say it doesn't automatically assume it'll happen but I'd like to see as a matter of curiousity: The Man in the High Castle; Ringworld; Foundation; Alas, Babylon; and Rendezvous with Rama...
              :
              "There must be some way out of here..."

Comment

These are a few things i'd like to see made into movies.

The Coldfire trilogy by Celia Friedman.
                The war of the flowers by Tad Williams.
                The Children of hurin by Tolkien.
                And a few of the Icelandic Sagas. Most of all i'd like to see Coldfire, because i enjoyed those books alot and the Sagas.
                sigpic

Comment

Ender's Game, by Orson Scott Card
                  Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                  Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by Confessor Rahl View Post
                    I had to check my calendar to see if it was April Fools the first time I heard about Reeves as Spike. Big Bebop fan or no, he's just not right for the part. Still, I'm reserving judgment until the thing is actually made. They've already had to rewrite the script because it would have been to expensive to shoot. If Keanu is Spike, I shudder to think who's being cast for the other parts. Ein better stay a Corgi.

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                    Terry Gilliam was working on an adaptation of Good Omens that got mothballed. I'd like to see that get resurrected... although not if they're still serious about casting Robin Williams as Aziraphale. Either way it's an Apocalypse movie everyone could love.
                    If Good Omens was given similar treatment to what Hogfather, The Color of Magic, and Stardust were given, I think we'd be OK. Been a while since I've read the book, but I can't really see Robin Williams fitting either.

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                    Ender's Game, by Orson Scott Card
                    There was some talk a year or two ago about an Ender's Game movie, but it has apparently been scrapped. I believe Card didn't like the direction they were trying to take the movie.

I'd love to see movies/mini-series for Dragonriders of Pern and Heralds of Valdemar, but I just know deep down that Hollywood would never do them justice.

Comment

Originally posted by Siglavy View Post
                      If Good Omens was given similar treatment to what Hogfather, The Color of Magic, and Stardust were given, I think we'd be OK. Been a while since I've read the book, but I can't really see Robin Williams fitting either.
                      Mmm... I have mixed feelings about that. Hogfather was pretty good (except for dorkwad's interpretation of Teatime, which was painful to watch), but I wasn't as enthused with Colour of Magic (Rincewind, argh). Stardust was OK, I guess. I actually can't remember it very well. LOL

Comment

and ender movie would be good, but i'd almsot rather it were good CGI rather than child actors. how many REALLY good child actors are there? good enough to carry a movie like that, and play a genius kid, not many, and you'd need at least a few for one movie.

i wouldn't mind seeing an Unreal movie, like Con-Air with aliens.... twould be cool.
                        other games?
                        Half Life, of course.
                        Monkey Island, could be marketed as a POTC spoof, since it was originally inspired by the ride, and the plots are devastatingly similar (young wannabe pirate/unwitting pirates son, governess/governers daughter, undead pirates!!), but still be rooted in the MI world. would be awesome

books?
                        Dan Simmons Hyperion Saga, and/or Ilium Saga.
                        anything by Alastair Reynolds, or Peter F Hamilton (even though their books are pretty mighty)

edit: just doing some research as to where i heard not long ago that OSC said he hoped the actor that would play ender is alreadt in school. and i discovered that OSC wrote some of the dialogue in Monkey Island, including the insult sword fighting.
                        http://news.filefront.com/gaming-tod...on-scott-card/
                        Last edited by AvatarIII; 13 October 2009, 01:27 AM.
                        Spoiler:
                        Disclaimer:
                        I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                        Quotes!
                        - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                        - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                        - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                        sigpic

Comment

Wow . . . I have no idea why, but I saw "other games" and immediately thought of Dead Rising for some reason. Bad brain . . . That would make such an awful movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Fic12 View Post
                            Wow . . . I have no idea why, but I saw "other games" and immediately thought of Dead Rising for some reason. Bad brain . . . That would make such an awful movie.
                            it might be an ok movie but zombies in a shopping mall has been done to death (pun intended)
                            Spoiler:
                            Disclaimer:
                            I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                            Quotes!
                            - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                            - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                            - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                            sigpic

Comment

The Dresden Files could be a nice movie series, Harry Potter for adults, although the TV series was pretty good. Teen Titans! Medevil(the ps1 game), Oddworld could be a great CGI film.

Comment

Working...
                              X