Random Hypothetical Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Random Hypothetical Question

OK, thought i'd throw this one out there.

You're in charge of an SG team, out of Chyenne mountain. you have been ordered to investigate a planet, mainly dense forest, that has Ancient ruins on it. you may take any man-portable equipment with you.

What do you take, human and alien tech?

the ancient all-knowing handheld scanner of course
    and an Ancient-English dictionary

Comment

Hmm, a couple of guns, a life sign scanner, a puddle jumper, a science kit, an emergency pack, and of course, the English/Alien handbook.
      If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
      Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
      If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
      Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Dense forest? Flamethrowers!
        Wraith ships are giant lobsters.

Comment

Originally posted by Xiphias View Post
          Dense forest? Flamethrowers!
          But the trees are awesome. They're on practically every planet.
          http://epsilon.astroempires.com/?ref=E.94116

Comment

Magic Ancient handheld scanner and Daniel Jackson Much better than an Alien/English dictionary

Comment

i would take an ancient personal shield, ronans gun, an ancient sensor device, a personal teleportation device, samantha carter, Rodney mckay, daniel jackson, a brigade of heavily armed marines and a subspace transmitter. also, if the gate wasnt surrounded by trees i would take a squad of puddle jumpers.

and i would also take MRE's, water, power bars, a portable naquada generator, a laptop with a dialing program on it, one of those cool ancient probe hoverball things, medical supplies(not that id need them since id be invulnerable b/c of the ancient personal shield), extra clothes, overnight gear ie sleeping bag, tent etc.etc, 15 railguns, a hyperspace monitoring device, and 15 naquadria enhanced nuclear missils equiped with a shield frequency modulator and capable of being launched at a target in orbit.

and i know, a brigade of marines( about 2500-4000), 15 railguns, and 15 naquadria missils might sound excessive but you never can be too careful when dealing with ancient ruins...
              STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

I did specify man portable, right?

Yeah, the dense forest is there specifically there so you can't take a puddle jumper. Sorry, but thats life.

I was thinking of Teal'cs portable staff cannon, Ronon's Traveller gun, Sodan cloaking devices worn over ancient personal shields - that radiation thing, a KINO...

any more thoughts?

Comment

P90, zat, ancient scanner, daniel's notebooks, video camera, lots of food, and probably a UAV aerial survery so I can find my way around.

Comment

Assuming I can only take items the SGC has good access to, all youd need is Daniel and Carter or McKay, they would do the translation and tech search. Take some marines as well.

Comment

Equipment: Kino instead of MALP or UAV, Ancient scanning device, Ancient personal shields, Goa'uld healing device, Tok'ra subspace communicator

Weapons: Particle magnum for me (aka the energy weapon favored by Ronon and the Travelers), P90s and zats for everybody else

Food: Protein bars, water

Personnel: Difficult to decide if limited to 4 people but Daniel must be a member of the team. The others are a toss-up.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Minyakano View Post

You're in charge of an SG team, out of Chyenne mountain. you have been ordered to investigate a planet, mainly dense forest, that has Ancient ruins on it. you may take any man-portable equipment with you.

I think some people didn't read the bolded- aka anything you can carry, and teams coming out of the SGC have never been seen to have any sort of ancient tech- handheld scanner, Kino, personal shield, etc.

Having said that, you have to have your P90, radio, energy bars, and Daniel Jackson riding on your back if he's not allowed to be part of the team.

Basically anything/everything that we've seen SG teams take through the gate. They've been well prepared.

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

I would go with that armband thinggy that the other runner had from atlantis

Comment

Originally posted by Minyakano View Post

a plot hole device!!
                            sigpic

Comment

I'd have to go with Jackson, obviously. Zat sidearms, fancy sgc laptop with that lead that can hook it up to any random piece of alien kit we find, and not alot else really, other than standard kit.

Comment

Working...
                              X