This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paranormal Activity ?

Anyone know what this movie is all about? Why does it have so much hype already?

Everyone is saying it's scary and such.

Apparently it's about to get a nation wide theater release, even though it's a few years old.

Paranormal Activity

You can demand it here -

Only a million votes to go.

i saw the traielr for this and i was disappointed but i'll go see it if i can
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I've been wondering what all the hype is regarding this movie too. I don't know anyone that has seen it but it's supposed to be very scary. I had heard it's similar to the way Blair Witch Project was filmed but that's all I know. I'd love for anyone who has seen it to comment on it.
      sigpic
      Thanks to Dunc for my pretty aurora and Muse sig. He had no part in the Twilight one

Comment

I would definitely consider checking this movie out.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Any updates from anyone who has seen it yet? I believe this movie is now going nationwide, hitting larger cities over time.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
            Any updates from anyone who has seen it yet? I believe this movie is now going nationwide, hitting larger cities over time.
            I wish someone would post about it already. Someone on here must have seen it by now. come on someone, post!
            sigpic
            Thanks to Dunc for my pretty aurora and Muse sig. He had no part in the Twilight one

Comment

Originally posted by Aurora1101 View Post
              I had heard it's similar to the way Blair Witch Project was filmed but that's all I know.
              I didn't like the Blair Witch project only b/c the camera was everwhere!

Actually I didn't even know what Paranormal Actitvity was until I saw a perview for it the other day. It look good in that freak you out for the rest of day kinda way.
              sigpic There are my dogs!

If you had to chose, die or watch the world die, what would you pick?"

Comment

I'm sure I'll see this movie pretty soon.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I saw it.

BEST. MOVIE. OF. THE. YEAR.

Also the only horror movie to scary the **** out of me in the last six years. And I watch every horror movie I can when they come out. I love them. They thrill me, but do not scare me. This movie did. Doesn't help that it was filmed less than 10 miles from my house, but still. FREAKY **** MAN!

The movie is about a couple who are just getting settled into their new house. The main character, Katie, starts feeling things around her and thinks there's paranormal activity. Her fiancee, Micah, buys a high-quality camera to record what happens. Small things occur, like a regular haunting. As Micah experiments more, trying to figure things out, the events go from annoying to done right scary to indescribable terror.

I can take questions on it.

I recommend it to all over 17.

Spoiler:

Woolsey: That sounded like another explosion.
                  O’neill: Yes. Yes, it did.
                  Woolsey: What does that mean?
                  O’neill: Something exploded.
                  Thank god for common sense.

Proud supporter of Stargate: Avalon
                  and Stargate: Horizon
                  As well as s09119's Continuing SG-1

Supported Ships: Sheppard/Weir ~ Ronon/Keller ~ O'neill/Carter
                  Pro - All Seasons of Atlantis (Etchy on Season 4 though) and Pro - All Seasons of SG-1 plus the Stargate Movies
                  The Jury is still out on Destiny though...

Comment

Originally posted by badwolfSG View Post
                    I didn't like the Blair Witch project only b/c the camera was everwhere!

Actually I didn't even know what Paranormal Actitvity was until I saw a perview for it the other day. It look good in that freak you out for the rest of day kinda way.
                    LOL yeah, Blair Witch did kinda make you nauseous afterwards

Originally posted by Zar_wolf View Post
                    I saw it.

BEST. MOVIE. OF. THE. YEAR.

Also the only horror movie to scary the **** out of me in the last six years. And I watch every horror movie I can when they come out. I love them. They thrill me, but do not scare me. This movie did. Doesn't help that it was filmed less than 10 miles from my house, but still. FREAKY **** MAN!

The movie is about a couple who are just getting settled into their new house. The main character, Katie, starts feeling things around her and thinks there's paranormal activity. Her fiancee, Micah, buys a high-quality camera to record what happens. Small things occur, like a regular haunting. As Micah experiments more, trying to figure things out, the events go from annoying to done right scary to indescribable terror.

I can take questions on it.

I recommend it to all over 17.
                    FINALLY! someone who saw it. Everyone I've seen post about this online has pretty much said the same thing you've said. But what I wanna know is, why is it so scary? what makes it scarier than some of the other scary movies out there?
                    sigpic

Comment

Not sure if I could really say what makes it worse than the fact it did, but I'll try.

I'd mostly say the approach to the demon aspect that the movie takes is much more original, highly realistic and frightening. The ending, the last ten minutes or so, is so unexpected in what happens that it is scary. The flow of the movie towards the end begins to accelerate the magnitude of the events happening, but by the end you never have guessed that it would have progressed that far.

Its a great movie though, you should go see it.

Spoiler:

Woolsey: That sounded like another explosion.
                      O’neill: Yes. Yes, it did.
                      Woolsey: What does that mean?
                      O’neill: Something exploded.
                      Thank god for common sense.

Proud supporter of Stargate: Avalon
                      and Stargate: Horizon
                      As well as s09119's Continuing SG-1

Supported Ships: Sheppard/Weir ~ Ronon/Keller ~ O'neill/Carter
                      Pro - All Seasons of Atlantis (Etchy on Season 4 though) and Pro - All Seasons of SG-1 plus the Stargate Movies
                      The Jury is still out on Destiny though...

Comment

Originally posted by Zar_wolf View Post
                        Not sure if I could really say what makes it worse than the fact it did, but I'll try.

I'd mostly say the approach to the demon aspect that the movie takes is much more original, highly realistic and frightening. The ending, the last ten minutes or so, is so unexpected in what happens that it is scary. The flow of the movie towards the end begins to accelerate the magnitude of the events happening, but by the end you never have guessed that it would have progressed that far.

Its a great movie though, you should go see it.
                        because I'm an impatient girl and not bothered by spoilers, would it be too much to ask if you told me what happens at the end? if you don't wanna spoil for others, I'd love a PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Well, I finally bought Paranormal Activity. I'm almost 40 minutes into it and I've not been frightened once. I've yet to see a horror movie that's frightening since the early 90s.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                            Well, I finally bought Paranormal Activity. I'm almost 40 minutes into it and I've not been frightened once. I've yet to see a horror movie that's frightening since the early 90s.
                            I agree. movies now are just... not scary.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
                              I agree. movies now are just... not scary.
                              And after finishing the movie and watching the alternate ending on the DVD...I was not impressed with it. Being a paranormal enthusiast (sp)...I expect more out of my spooky movies...
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X