This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Atlantis the Complete Series Box Set

The Complete Series Box Set will be released on Tuesday! I am going to get it even thought I already own Seasons 1,3,4,5!

I already own all the boxsets so I'm not gonna bother with it. If they release the complete series on blu-ray however...

Comment

I sold my sets 1-4 & purposely did not buy set 5.

I picked it up & it is not too shabby.

The EXCLUSIVE content is pretty skimpy. It has 2 featurettes and the original Broadcast versions of VEGAS & ENEMY AT THE GATE. I guess since season 5 had the EXTENDED VERSIONS of those 2 episodes.

I wish it looked a little more COMPLIMENTARY to the Complete SG-1 Box Set on the shelf.

UpShot: Get it if you are a Collector.......if not.....you are not missing much as far as EXCLUSIVE Content.

Comment

What are the two extra featurettes about? Details, man!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          What are the two extra featurettes about? Details, man!
          Originally posted by GateMark View Post
          I sold my sets 1-4 & purposely did not buy set 5.

I picked it up & it is not too shabby.

The EXCLUSIVE content is pretty skimpy. It has 2 featurettes and the original Broadcast versions of VEGAS & ENEMY AT THE GATE. I guess since season 5 had the EXTENDED VERSIONS of those 2 episodes.

I wish it looked a little more COMPLIMENTARY to the Complete SG-1 Box Set on the shelf.

UpShot: Get it if you are a Collector.......if not.....you are not missing much as far as EXCLUSIVE Content.
          Yeah more details

Comment

Wait, does it still have the extended versions of the last two episodes? Because I didn't actually see those.
            If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Details would be good.. I have season 3,4, and 5 already. (I couldn't wait all this time for season 5 on DVD, thats cruel!)

What do people think of the specials? What are they about? Help me Obi-.. eh.. wrong fandom.
              WraithQueenH

"You are more like Wraith than you know."
              "I'm not sure I like the sound of that."
              "There is much about Wraith that you do not know, Sheppard."
              - John Sheppard and Todd, "Common Ground"

"We all agree the Ancients were pretty screwed up. All the ones I met were arrogant and condescending and not for good reason. Now they made giant mistakes and never fixed them." - John Sheppard

Comment

Jewel Staite signed my season 4 boxset.

So no, won't be getting the complete 1-5 boxset, lol.

Got the season 5 boxset already and the art work is a hell of alot nicer than the complete series set.
                Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Happy to Inform.......

The EXTENDED Episodes of VEGAS & ENEMY AT THE GATE I believe were on the standard 5th Season Set. And ofcourse, are included in the Complete Set.

The Exclusives are on a seperate DVD in it's on Folder.

COMPLETE BOX SET EXCLUSIVE DVD CONTENTS*********

1) MISSION 100: ATLANTIS REACHES A MILESTONE Featurette

this is a 25 minute documentary filmed on the set of ENEMY AT THE GATE. Everyone saying good-bye & filming their last shots. Plus their reaction to getting cancelled.

2) STARGATE ATLANTIS A RETROSPECTIVE Featurette

this 25 minute documentary is basically interviews with Cast & Producers looking BACK at the Whole 5 year expierience of ATLANTIS.

3) Broadcast Versions of VEGAS & ENEMY AT THE GATE:

these are the original CUT versions of the 2 episodes that aired.

Comment

Happy to Inform.......

The EXTENDED Episodes of VEGAS & ENEMY AT THE GATE I believe were on the standard 5th Season Set. And ofcourse, are included in the Complete Set.

The Exclusives are on a seperate DVD in it's on Folder.

COMPLETE BOX SET EXCLUSIVE DVD CONTENTS*********

1) MISSION 100: ATLANTIS REACHES A MILESTONE Featurette

this is a 25 minute documentary filmed on the set of ENEMY AT THE GATE. Everyone saying good-bye & filming their last shots. Plus their reaction to getting cancelled.
                    Something tells me they probably didn't include all the reactions to the cancellation, if you know what I mean.

2) STARGATE ATLANTIS A RETROSPECTIVE Featurette

this 25 minute documentary is basically interviews with Cast & Producers looking BACK at the Whole 5 year expierience of ATLANTIS.
                    The entire cast, past and present, or did they continue to leave certain previous cast members out in the cold?

3) Broadcast Versions of VEGAS & ENEMY AT THE GATE:

these are the original CUT versions of the 2 episodes that aired.
                    Hmm, doesn't sound like much of an extra to me.

So that's it? Just three things? Well, that's not enough to induce me to buy it, I'm afraid. Thanks for letting us know what they were, you just saved me a bunch of money!
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I already own the first 4 seasons, soooooo.....I wont be buying this, Season 5 is really cheap around some places. Although if there is a Blu-Ray release, I might check it out! It would be nice to have SG1 released in a similar box like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                        Something tells me they probably didn't include all the reactions to the cancellation, if you know what I mean.

The entire cast, past and present, or did they continue to leave certain previous cast members out in the cold?

Hmm, doesn't sound like much of an extra to me.

So that's it? Just three things? Well, that's not enough to induce me to buy it, I'm afraid. Thanks for letting us know what they were, you just saved me a bunch of money!

You're right KITTY, they were very "diplomatic" in their reaction to the cancellation.

They did NOT have retrospective interviews with RAINBOW, TORRI, AMANDA, and oddly enough PICARDO.

Considering the EXCLUSIVE discs from the SG-1 set, this one was a tad of a Let Down.

Comment

You're right KITTY, they were very "diplomatic" in their reaction to the cancellation.
                          Heh.

They did NOT have retrospective interviews with RAINBOW, TORRI, AMANDA, and oddly enough PICARDO.
                          None of the leaders. Huh, well at least they were consistent about that.

Considering the EXCLUSIVE discs from the SG-1 set, this one was a tad of a Let Down.
                          Definitely. Looks like I'll be waiting for the never-gonna-happen Blu-ray set.

Comment

Can't stand complete sets, most of them have terrible packaging.
                            Dimmed light illuminates wearily a thousand skyscrapers of concrete, glass, shattered imaginations and severed dreams. Urban structures of brick and steel extend tendrils of decay and neglect into an aging embrace of irreverence, moving forward into synthetic joy.

Comment

So, sounds like getting all five season box sets will get me everything I need. are the extended versions of the last two episodes are in the season 5 box set, right?

Comment

Working...
                              X