PDA

View Full Version : Stargate Atlantis the Complete Series Box Set

General Jumper One
October 4th, 2009, 07:17 PM
The Complete Series Box Set will be released on Tuesday! I am going to get it even thought I already own Seasons 1,3,4,5!http://forum.gateworld.net/picture.php?albumid=1608&pictureid=17864

Vyse99
October 5th, 2009, 06:48 AM
I already own all the boxsets so I'm not gonna bother with it. If they release the complete series on blu-ray however...

GateMark
October 8th, 2009, 02:58 PM
I sold my sets 1-4 & purposely did not buy set 5.

I picked it up & it is not too shabby.

The EXCLUSIVE content is pretty skimpy. It has 2 featurettes and the original Broadcast versions of VEGAS & ENEMY AT THE GATE. I guess since season 5 had the EXTENDED VERSIONS of those 2 episodes.

I wish it looked a little more COMPLIMENTARY to the Complete SG-1 Box Set on the shelf.

UpShot: Get it if you are a Collector.......if not.....you are not missing much as far as EXCLUSIVE Content.

Scary Kitty
October 8th, 2009, 04:11 PM
What are the two extra featurettes about? Details, man! :D

General Jumper One
October 8th, 2009, 04:20 PM
What are the two extra featurettes about? Details, man! :D

I sold my sets 1-4 & purposely did not buy set 5.

I picked it up & it is not too shabby.

The EXCLUSIVE content is pretty skimpy. It has 2 featurettes and the original Broadcast versions of VEGAS & ENEMY AT THE GATE. I guess since season 5 had the EXTENDED VERSIONS of those 2 episodes.

I wish it looked a little more COMPLIMENTARY to the Complete SG-1 Box Set on the shelf.

UpShot: Get it if you are a Collector.......if not.....you are not missing much as far as EXCLUSIVE Content.

Yeah more details:mckay:

Jeff O'Connor
October 8th, 2009, 05:34 PM
Wait, does it still have the extended versions of the last two episodes? Because I didn't actually see those.

WraithQueenH
October 8th, 2009, 08:05 PM
Details would be good.. I have season 3,4, and 5 already. (I couldn't wait all this time for season 5 on DVD, thats cruel!)

What do people think of the specials? What are they about? Help me Obi-.. eh.. wrong fandom. :)

Billz
October 9th, 2009, 12:26 AM
Jewel Staite signed my season 4 boxset.

So no, won't be getting the complete 1-5 boxset, lol. :D

Got the season 5 boxset already and the art work is a hell of alot nicer than the complete series set.

GateMark
October 9th, 2009, 06:26 AM
Happy to Inform.......

The EXTENDED Episodes of VEGAS & ENEMY AT THE GATE I believe were on the standard 5th Season Set. And ofcourse, are included in the Complete Set.

The Exclusives are on a seperate DVD in it's on Folder.

COMPLETE BOX SET EXCLUSIVE DVD CONTENTS*********

1) MISSION 100: ATLANTIS REACHES A MILESTONE Featurette

this is a 25 minute documentary filmed on the set of ENEMY AT THE GATE. Everyone saying good-bye & filming their last shots. Plus their reaction to getting cancelled.

2) STARGATE ATLANTIS A RETROSPECTIVE Featurette

this 25 minute documentary is basically interviews with Cast & Producers looking BACK at the Whole 5 year expierience of ATLANTIS.

3) Broadcast Versions of VEGAS & ENEMY AT THE GATE:

these are the original CUT versions of the 2 episodes that aired.

Scary Kitty
October 9th, 2009, 02:18 PM
Happy to Inform.......

The EXTENDED Episodes of VEGAS & ENEMY AT THE GATE I believe were on the standard 5th Season Set. And ofcourse, are included in the Complete Set.

The Exclusives are on a seperate DVD in it's on Folder.

COMPLETE BOX SET EXCLUSIVE DVD CONTENTS*********

1) MISSION 100: ATLANTIS REACHES A MILESTONE Featurette

this is a 25 minute documentary filmed on the set of ENEMY AT THE GATE. Everyone saying good-bye & filming their last shots. Plus their reaction to getting cancelled.

Something tells me they probably didn't include all the reactions to the cancellation, if you know what I mean. ;)

2) STARGATE ATLANTIS A RETROSPECTIVE Featurette

this 25 minute documentary is basically interviews with Cast & Producers looking BACK at the Whole 5 year expierience of ATLANTIS.

The entire cast, past and present, or did they continue to leave certain previous cast members out in the cold? :weiranime42:

3) Broadcast Versions of VEGAS & ENEMY AT THE GATE:

these are the original CUT versions of the 2 episodes that aired.

Hmm, doesn't sound like much of an extra to me.

So that's it? Just three things? Well, that's not enough to induce me to buy it, I'm afraid. Thanks for letting us know what they were, you just saved me a bunch of money! :D

Replicator Todd
October 9th, 2009, 04:14 PM
I already own the first 4 seasons, soooooo.....I wont be buying this, Season 5 is really cheap around some places. Although if there is a Blu-Ray release, I might check it out! It would be nice to have SG1 released in a similar box like this.

GateMark
October 9th, 2009, 04:42 PM
Something tells me they probably didn't include all the reactions to the cancellation, if you know what I mean. ;)

The entire cast, past and present, or did they continue to leave certain previous cast members out in the cold? :weiranime42:

Hmm, doesn't sound like much of an extra to me.

So that's it? Just three things? Well, that's not enough to induce me to buy it, I'm afraid. Thanks for letting us know what they were, you just saved me a bunch of money! :D

You're right KITTY, they were very "diplomatic" in their reaction to the cancellation.

They did NOT have retrospective interviews with RAINBOW, TORRI, AMANDA, and oddly enough PICARDO.

Considering the EXCLUSIVE discs from the SG-1 set, this one was a tad of a Let Down.

Scary Kitty
October 9th, 2009, 10:19 PM
You're right KITTY, they were very "diplomatic" in their reaction to the cancellation.

Heh. :sheppardanime21:

They did NOT have retrospective interviews with RAINBOW, TORRI, AMANDA, and oddly enough PICARDO.

None of the leaders. Huh, well at least they were consistent about that.

Considering the EXCLUSIVE discs from the SG-1 set, this one was a tad of a Let Down.

Definitely. Looks like I'll be waiting for the never-gonna-happen Blu-ray set. ;)

Confessor Rahl
October 9th, 2009, 10:21 PM
Can't stand complete sets, most of them have terrible packaging.

lightsyder
November 3rd, 2009, 03:18 PM
So, sounds like getting all five season box sets will get me everything I need. are the extended versions of the last two episodes are in the season 5 box set, right?

Replicator Todd
November 3rd, 2009, 04:50 PM
So, sounds like getting all five season box sets will get me everything I need. are the extended versions of the last two episodes are in the season 5 box set, right?
Yes, just got Season 5 boxset yesterday and they included the extended versions. Stargate DVDs seem to go on sale quite often at Best Buy and Amazon, SGA Season 5 was only $20 when I got it, now its back to 50 though...

General Jumper One
November 4th, 2009, 06:14 PM
WOW on Amazon it just dropped to $92!:sheppard:

lightsyder
November 4th, 2009, 07:14 PM
Yeah, just saw that. It is now the same price, almost, as buying the 5 season sets. One more question to anyone that ones the complete set. How is the packaging for the DVDs? Can it be removed and placed on a shelf without the entire box? I am curious if they can be displayed on a DVD shelf with the SG1 set and movies. Thanks!

Arga
November 5th, 2009, 12:37 PM
Every time, it's the same..
Each year, when a season boxset is released, the price is relatively high.
Then, after a few years (depending of how many seasons a series had), they release a huge boxset, containing ALL the previous seasons boxset, and with a lower price than the sum of all the individual seasonal boxsets.
So now, I never buy a season when it comes out.. i wait that the series is over, and I'll buy the complete set.

So now, I have the complete Atlantis box, and a single boxset for season 1! (maybe I'll sell it)..
In fact, in the complete set, there is exactely the 5 same individual boxsets of each season. They just put them all inside another box, and bargained the price.