I still can't understand the ascension machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still can't understand the ascension machine

Why didn't they use the ascension machine that Anubis used to ascend the second body to take the scientists and the officers to 80% of the ascension, thus granting them all the powers without risks?
    This, for a project this important would be mandatory to guarantee the survival of the team...

everybody's DNA is different.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
      everybody's DNA is different.
      Yet the machine works on everybody... ^__^

Comment

the modifications do not.

Comment

the modifications do not.
          I don't remember them saying that...

Comment

look, the DNA of every person is different. Anubis' ascension "genes" would work on Anubis' clone (Khalek) but not on somebody else, because the DNA is different and thus the effects. before the changes could apply, you need to alter one's DNA to such an extent that it would work.

Comment

look, the DNA of every person is different. Anubis' ascension "genes" would work on Anubis' clone (Khalek) but not on somebody else, because the DNA is different and thus the effects. before the changes could apply, you need to alter one's DNA to such an extent that it would work.
              From what I can remember the didn't said the machine was customized for Khalek, but only that it was a modified version of the original ascension machine thats need more than one treatment, thus permitting a slow ascension. That's all.
              And, if I remember well, the original machines automatically adapt to the DNA of the person to ascend, in order to be able to change it's DNA, so why shouldn't this machine work that way? It would be a lot easier and secure than inputting manually the Khalek DNA or the edits that have to be made to ascend him...

Comment

Originally posted by kache View Post
                From what I can remember the didn't said the machine was customized for Khalek, but only that it was a modified version of the original ascension machine thats need more than one treatment, thus permitting a slow ascension. That's all.
                And, if I remember well, the original machines automatically adapt to the DNA of the person to ascend, in order to be able to change it's DNA, so why shouldn't this machine work that way? It would be a lot easier and secure than inputting manually the Khalek DNA or the edits that have to be made to ascend him...
                Well, the Ancient one has the ability to turn you into goo. Not many people want to risk that.

And as for Anubis' "Ascension Machine", I didn't really get the impression that you simply stood on it, and you genes were manipulated. I believe it was more along the lines of what Nirrti used on Wodan and the others. Remember, he had infiltrated Jonas' mind, so he could find that out, and puzzle the rest out. You play switcheroo with your cytosines, guanines, etc.
                If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

The ascend-o-matic in Atlantis doesn't seem to suffer from these problems, and it comes with a wonderfully useful re-set capability.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                    The ascend-o-matic in Atlantis doesn't seem to suffer from these problems, and it comes with a wonderfully useful re-set capability.
                    There's the DNA sequencer, which you can fiddle with your DNA manually, and there's the Ascension Machine, in Atlantis, which does it by mutation of genomes. The Atlantian one makes you goo-ish.
                    If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                    Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                    If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                    Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Working...
                    X