This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DSD wont return as base commander

SG-1 Solutions posted some news (currently down) saying they confirmed that DSD wont return as SGC commander but will reprise his role as a recurring character. TPTB are currently shopping for a new base commander as negotiations continue with RDA.

So, that lays to rest any speculation of BB's character being base commander.
    I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

And also puts a nail in the coffin of any speculation that Jack could still be in charge. Of course, I didn't really expect that to be the case anyway. It seems pretty much guaranteed that RDA won't be back in any kind of regular capacity. Recurring....maybe but not looking so good. But regular enough to still be in charge? Highly doubtful.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Although it's kind of hard to picture what Jack could do, if RDA decided to do a recurring part. Okay, he decides that being base commander isn't for him. I can see that. But, what does he do? He can't rejoin the team, because that would still require too much involvement for RDA. He could retire, but then what? Lets say he is on for 4 episodes like they've been trying for. Four episodes they have a pizza night like in fanfic?

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Comment

Im hoping he will play a goa'uld! The team wrestles with having to kill or rescue him. Lots of potential there.

Comment

That's a really good point Dani. Would he retire and be a civilian consultant? Although the pizza idea has merit.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by Unas
              Im hoping he will play a goa'uld! The team wrestles with having to kill or rescue him. Lots of potential there.
              That would make for some really interesting plot twists...

Comment

He is a special ops guy. Maybe a special ops mission that only he can handle?
                Rocky

Comment

Well I was holding out hope DSD would return to command the SGC but I guess they reasoned that there was no way to explain the demotion. It does make me wonder what they will have Jack doing for 4 eps although since negotiations are still underway, I guess he still could return for the whole season as head of the SGC.

Comment

I doubt he's going to change his mind about spending more time with his family. I think the special ops idea could work at least once.

I wonder what kind of comander they'll have. They could get a really tough, by the book kind. But, that would work better with someone like Jack to play off of, with the clashing and all. I don't see Sam rocking the boat. Will they have a Hammondesque type leader, one that trusts SG1 and is close to them? Although that would be kind of hard to pull off that kind of relationship with someone totally new.

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
                      I doubt he's going to change his mind about spending more time with his family. I think the special ops idea could work at least once.

I wonder what kind of comander they'll have. They could get a really tough, by the book kind. But, that would work better with someone like Jack to play off of, with the clashing and all. I don't see Sam rocking the boat. Will they have a Hammondesque type leader, one that trusts SG1 and is close to them? Although that would be kind of hard to pull off that kind of relationship with someone totally new.

They should just pull Dr.Wier out of Atlantis (as they are planning anyway in the season finale of Atlantis,) let the military take over operations of Atlantis then put her back in the safezone of the SGC.

Comment

Weir will remain a regular in season 2

Comment

Originally posted by OsirisDICK
                          They should just pull Dr.Wier out of Atlantis (as they are planning anyway in the season finale of Atlantis,) let the military take over operations of Atlantis then put her back in the safezone of the SGC.
                          Really? Is that actress leaving the show?

Comment

Originally posted by roswellgray
                            Really? Is that actress leaving the show?
                            in the siege (SGA season finale):
                            Spoiler:
                            Some guy called Colonel Matthew Everett is sent to Atlantis and takes charge

Comment

Spoiler:

It would be kinda of fun to have the good Doctor booted off Atlantis for a season or two and put back in charge of the SGC
                              ....but that own't happen of course.

Comment

Working...
                              X