Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you feel about "Joan of Arcadia/Wrestling" on SyFy?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you feel about "Joan of Arcadia/Wrestling" on SyFy?

Well, the title prettymuch says it all.

I personally have never been a fan of the show, I saw it as a cloying attempt to co-opt some demographic that may or may not have existed. The acting wasn't very imaginative, the characters were hollow, and really the show was unenjoyable from my viewpoint.

I was glad to see it leave network TV, only to see syfy pick it up and place it in weekly rotation! I left network TV behind because of shows like this, and now it is taking up space on my scifi channel.

I am not surprised some religious groups have not protested that it is being shown on a science fiction/fantasy based network.

And since it is a Science Fiction based Network, why in the world are there wrestling programs? It makes no sense whatsoever!

am I the only one confused by these recent programming changes or does anyone else feel as bewildered as I do?

Not sure Joan really belongs on Skiffy, but since I loved the show and can no longer find my DVDs I'm happy to catch it "live" when I can.

Wrestling on the other hand is just plain asinine, and justifying its place is Skiffy's lineup is a MUCH bigger stretch than Joan, IMO.

Comment

"SyFy" isn't a channel for science fiction programs anymore. It's a channel for BS faux-reality shows and other such nonsense.

Comment

Wrestling huh? that sucks. We dont get it on Si-Fi over here.
        sigpic

Comment

While I've never seen Joan of Aracdia, Wrestling sooo does not belong on SciFi. Neither does, imo, Ghost Hunters, Scare Tactics, Destination Truth, and a host of other shows they seem to love.
          sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Syfy is not what it used to be, that's for sure...

and Wrestling? Omg I hate it soo much.

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
              While I've never seen Joan of Aracdia, Wrestling sooo does not belong on SciFi. Neither does, imo, Ghost Hunters, Scare Tactics, Destination Truth, and a host of other shows they seem to love.
              I can kind of understand ghost hunters (even though I ****ing hate that show, and I kinda actually know those guys IRL) and destination truth (that's where they hunt for bigfoot and whatnot, right?) but you are totally preaching to the choir of the captain with the rest.

It almost feels like SyFy is trying anything to grasp for viewers, changing up line-ups and co-branding too many different types of shows.

It used to be at any time of day, I could turn on SyFy and watch The outer limits ( newer version), dark angel, farscape, andromeda, firefly, star trek, beastmaster and plenty of other interesting science fiction and fantasy shows. Now half the time I go to watch it during the day and I end up just popping in DvD's because it does not interest me.

Comment

Meanwhile, Charlie Jade, which is a twisty-cool scifi show outta South Africa, gets banished to the hell-dimensions of 3AM or some other ungodly time. They hooked me with the first 1-3 eps in a normal timeslot and then made it virtually impossible for me to catch the rest. I don't have DVR and I A) Don't know in advance when they're doing daylong marathons and B.) Can't really afford to waste an entire day anyway.

I'm seriously thinking of getting the DVDs instead, especially now that I've seen them on ebay for under $30 (as opposed to the over $70 when I first checked after Skiffy bumped the time slot).

Comment

they don't even play that in my local version of syfy, I will have to check out an episode on hulu or something, see if it waxes my floor.

I'm just glad I'm not the only one weirded out by these wholesale network changes.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Obvious View Post
                    they don't even play that in my local version of syfy, I will have to check out an episode on hulu or something, see if it waxes my floor.
                    They may not even air it any more except as a marathon. I tend not to pay attention to ANY scheduling at 3AM since I'm usually asleep and don't care what I'm missing.

Comment

Does it really matter what a network/channel is called? ô_0

As for wrestling on SyFy, ECW has always been on that channel. They'd be stupid to sell it, rating-whise.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jenova Synthesis View Post
                        Does it really matter what a network/channel is called? ô_0
                        No, what matters is that it airs quality programming--something that SyFy is failing at most of the time now.

Comment

I love that SF plays wrestling. Not that I like wrestling, you see, I loathe and despise everything about it.

I just find it hilarious to no end that a show that brands itself the "Sci Fi Channel" (excuse me, Syfy ) would show wrestling of all things. That's comedy gold of the absurd variety you usually only get from Monty Python or Kids in the Hall.
                          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I seemed to notice the Science Fiction channel named Scifi, later renamed Syfy ended being a Science Fiction show years ago. It long ago ceased and desisted being anything of quality. Am I surprised they show faux Wrestling? Not in the least, though I would be surprised to see it air on a Science Fiction channel. Too bad we do not have a Science Fiction channel in the U.S. Since they lost me as a viewer years ago I hardly have a clue what they even air most of the time, and that should be a statement to them, except I do not have a Nielson box. Oh well.

Even when they show anything close to actual Science Fiction, they fail. Dresden Files was NOT Science Fiction. Normally I would not have had a problem with it if they had an actual schedule of Scifi shows. Ditto to their most recent craptastic inventions of Eureka and Warehouse 13 which are fluff candy shows for children, or similar mentalities. Worse is it seems to have spread and the shows of late airing elsewhere as well labeled Science Fiction are surely have actual Science Fiction authors laughing their asses off.

Well crapola Syfy does get me for one hour of the week starting tomorrow. Wow, what an achievement. The so called Science Fiction channel is able to capture a Science Fiction geek for a whole hour. Good lord I spend more time watching the CSPAN these days. What an epic fail this network is.

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                              While I've never seen Joan of Aracdia
                              Joan of Arcadia was a show based on an average teenager that is essentially a modern day Joan of Arc, with " God" appearing as all kinds of random people and meddling in her life and preaching at her. Her brother is in a wheelchair and her parents are rather dull. It was designed to get its hooks in what was a perceived christian market in the US, but in reality, it could never get good rating and was canceled.

Syfy must have paid a whole $35 to get the syndication rights to the whole series.

Comment

Working...
                              X