This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How would aliens judge us based on our video games/TV

Honestly, how many TV shows, movies and games do we have depicting us blowing some random aliens to kingdom come?

How do you think intelligent beings would judge us based on this entertainment?

Would you, as the alien diplomatic envoy, want to actually make first contact if you somehow got ahold of " District 9"?

They'd watch the Twilight movies and then nuke our planet from orbit.
    You have wasted several seconds of your life reading this.

Comment

Originally posted by Dakota Bob View Post
      They'd watch the Twilight movies and then nuke our planet from orbit.
      Well hopefully they can be more precise than that and just eliminate anyone liking those films. Perhaps they could also eliminate the people that produce the bad scifi movies and the people who cancel tv shows before we get answers to the questions.
      Last edited by knowles2; 25 September 2009, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Wouldnt the first thing they get to see be some speach by a Mr A. Hitler?

Or is that just something i got from a movie
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
          Wouldnt the first thing they get to see be some speach by a Mr A. Hitler?

Or is that just something i got from a movie
          Contact - released in 1997.

Since radio and television signals were just starting to take shape back then, they would be heard by any aliens first because they were the first ones sent out.

Kinda silly, but that's what the movie somewhat said anyways. The message the aliens got were of Hitlers speech.

Comment

The first thing they would see is a little radio/television play called The Queen's Messenger.
            "Enemies of the Ori show no mercy in their attempts to draw believers away from the path."
            "Those who abandon the path are evil."
            "Hallowed are the Ori!"

"Individuals who point the finger and assign blame based on nothing more than their gut instinct are ignorant at best, cretins at worst." -- Joseph Mallozzi

Comment

Judging from our entertainment in general maaaybe they'd judge us freakshows an stay the hell away. We can be a pretty weird bunch.
              "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

They'll probably get lots of tips on how to wipe us out, with dos and don'ts. For example, Independence Day, note to self - watch out for suicide pilot up the beam hole. Tick that box.

Comment

yeah, I really think the reason we dont hear from any intelligent life is, because of our entertainment choices, the rest of the universe does not believe there is intelligent life on earth.

Comment

Reality TV alone would probably merit planetary destruction.
                    Though, of course, seeing Independence Day or War Of The Worlds, they might decide to stay away for their own good. Unless they figure out medicine and stay away from the Apple Stores on Centauri Prime, of course...

Comment

Who says they are not here among us already, they could be the ones responsible for all this Sci-Fi stuff!

We could live in a world very much like in 'Men In Black'. There is alot of weird things happening on this planet!

Of course I kid!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GuHNDoi View Post
                        Who says they are not here among us already, they could be the ones responsible for all this Sci-Fi stuff!

We could live in a world very much like in 'Men In Black'. There is alot of weird things happening on this planet!

Of course I kid!
                        Yeah! One time I saw this guy take his thumb off and put it back on. Then he took my nose!
                        "Enemies of the Ori show no mercy in their attempts to draw believers away from the path."
                        "Those who abandon the path are evil."
                        "Hallowed are the Ori!"

"Individuals who point the finger and assign blame based on nothing more than their gut instinct are ignorant at best, cretins at worst." -- Joseph Mallozzi

Comment

Aliens would probably never make contact with us if they saw how we treat most aliens in movies.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Earthlings are definitely good with imagination, so if they want to make a movie they should outsource.

Comment

Judging from my games, they'd probably conclude that I'm both a) really into sports; and b) I'm really into saving humanity from monsters and evils of all sorts.
                              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Working...
                              X