Number of stargates on earth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Number of stargates on earth

How many stargates where deposited on earth thank you its three correct?
    Thanks for listening

I say 2 now, The one in SGC and the one on Atlantis.
    The one in SGC is the one from Russia.
    The other is Atlantis with is in S.F. bay
    Shows I see:Stargate, Bones, Fringe, Supernatural, V 2009, Top gear, Criminal Minds, Sanctuary
    Things I like:Kids, My wife, My god old Ferrari, My(wife´s) Audi RS4, Intel PC

Comment

There was Antartica and Egypt.

The US got the gate from Egypt using it in the early seasons, it was then used to escape Thor's ship. This gate was then found by the russians so the Russians had the Egyptian gate.

Meanwhile the US had found the Antartica gate and was using that, This gate was used by the SGC for a time until it was transformed into a huge bomb, after destruction the original gate was returned to the SGC on loan from the Russians.

sigpic

Comment

Gate on Atlantis from Pegasus and without TPTB error in script does not work in MW.
        Well, contrary to popular human belief, the Earth is not the centre of the galaxy. (c) ARIS BOCH
        SGU DEAD - Good News !!!

Comment

The original Earth Gate is the Antarctic gate which was left by the Ancients when they went to Pegasus in Atlantis. They also returned to Earth via this gate after they lost the war with the wraith. Sometime after this the Antarctic gate became inaccessible and when Ra discovered Earth he brought another gate from elsewhere with him to Giza. This gate was buried after the revolt in ancient Egypt and rediscovered in 1928 by archaeologists, it was then moved to the US in 1939 to prevent it from falling into the hands of the Nazis. Research on the Stargate program then ultimately lead to the Mission to Abydos and the founding of the SGC.
          "So, what's your impression of Alar?"
          "That he is concealing something."
          "Like what?"
          "I am unsure. He is concealing it."

"Well, according to Einstein’s General Theory of Relativity, there’s nothing in the laws of physics to prevent it. Extremely difficult to achieve, mind you – you need the technology to manipulate black holes to create wormholes not only through points in space but time."
          "Not to mention a really nice DeLorean."
          "Don’t even get me started on that movie!"
          "I liked that movie!"

Comment

If we are being pedantic there is the one from the super hive and the one from apophis ship

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

The gate on Aphosis's ship, because I know it blew up so it must be some where on Earth 'cause gates can survive almost anything.

The Giza gate got dropped space and found by Russians and is now in the SGC

The Antarctic was used after the Giza gate was dropped from space and later destroyed

The Gate on the super-hive(read first line)

Gate on Atlantis

My total of 5 gate have been used on Earth 1 is confirmed destroyed so that means there are at most 4 gates on Earth.
              Last edited by Serenity000; 21 September 2009, 03:45 AM.
              http://epsilon.astroempires.com/?ref=E.94116

Comment

well maybe it's possible gates CAN melt down. so there's not just a superbomb option.

Comment

We've seen gates survive a lot, including an Asgard ship full of replicators fall down into the Pacific, and the only way we know how to destroy a gate is by using the devise Anubis used or use a Mark IX nuke placed behind the gate if active and just near the gate if inactive.
                  http://epsilon.astroempires.com/?ref=E.94116

Comment

naquadah only increase power of the explosion. Gate from exploded starship, too, exploded. Berliskner did not explode because the other ships and simply was destroyed in the atmosphere. So what on earth only one working gate. And one from Pegasus(on atlantis).
                    Well, contrary to popular human belief, the Earth is not the centre of the galaxy. (c) ARIS BOCH
                    SGU DEAD - Good News !!!

Comment

Originally posted by techwork View Post
                      naquadah only increase power of the explosion. Gate from exploded starship, too, exploded. Berliskner did not explode because the other ships and simply was destroyed in the atmosphere. So what on earth only one working gate. And one from Pegasus(on atlantis).
                      I don't think we really have any idea what a gate can or can't take. So, there's anywhere from 2-4 gates on (or near) Earth currently.

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

Originally posted by AVFan View Post
                        I don't think we really have any idea what a gate can or can't take. So, there's anywhere from 2-4 gates on (or near) Earth currently.
                        ha ha you see this tv-show or not ? If you saw this show you know that Ra amplified nuclear bomb power with naqadah. And any explosion the grounds for such a principle causes a chain reaction in naqadah.
                        SGU DEAD - Good News !!!

Comment

Originally posted by techwork View Post
                          ha ha you see this tv-show or not ? If you saw this show you know that Ra amplified nuclear bomb power with naqadah. And any explosion the grounds for such a principle causes a chain reaction in naqadah.
                          How does this relate at all to my post? The only times we've (for sure) seen a stargate get destroyed in SG-1 or atlantis are (if I'm forgetting any, please tell me):

SG-1: Redemption- Ancient stargate destroyer, and Exodus(?. We don't ever get confirmation that it gets destroyed for sure)
                          Atlantis: S5 spoiler-
                          Spoiler:
                          FC, TLT- The Attero Device

Neither of those were by means of explosions. We saw in the one s9 episode that they put a Mark IX Naquadria enhanced warhead right next to a gate and it didn't even disrupt the connection. You might say that the prior had something to do with that, but we have no idea for sure.

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

Actually there could be any number of gates on Earth. If there had been a season 11, there was speculation of a script, on finding an Ancient underground manufacturing base on one of the Southern Continents
                            My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
                            sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

Originally posted by puddlejumperOZ View Post
                              Actually there could be any number of gates on Earth. If there had been a season 11, there was speculation of a script, on finding an Ancient underground manufacturing base on one of the Southern Continents
                              But it is best said
                              SGU DEAD - Good News !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X