This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hollywoods Own Destruction

So, Ive Been thinking..... dont you think that hollywood got a bit over their own head with their reimagining/remakes/sequels/prequels stuff?! I Dont understand why they are always doing the same stuff, hell they are even making remakes now of movies that are not THAT old. So I know most of the tv shows arent that good either, but at least some shows are trying to do something new (Dexter etc.) so, if hollywood does not come with their own original ideas and do something new i will be really pissed off. I mean they are kidding if we say in ten years they make a remake of star wars?! Just curious what is ure opinion bout that?!
    the only reboot/remake i really enjoyed in the last couple of month was star trek. sorry im just pissed cause i read they want the renew the neverending story and the vampire chronicles (of anne rice) again.
    sigpic

well, i doubt they'll remake star wars, lucas owns that so tightly no one will ever be able to 'reimagine' it until well after he's dead and buried

that said, yeah, i see movie after movie that's just another remake and i think....seen it. boring.

I too liked the reboot of trek.

I love Dexter, mostly cause it's original. and i respect the skill to take a sociopath murderer and make him sympathetic.

but i look at the hollywood movies and it's just remake after remake after remake. as tickets get more and more expensive we keep getting expected to pay more to see the latest re-run.

that's why i wait for the movies to come on cable

Hollywood seems to be taking the 'easy' and predicitble way out, remake a known movie. but it's boring. it's one thing to remake a 20 year old movie, another to remake something that was released 5 years ago.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
    X