Anubis Refit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anubis Refit

I was wondering over Anubis' refitted ha'taks. Two of them faced down thor while one was able to withstand its weapons. I was wondering if this meant few of his ships were actually refitted as the system lords were still able to fight his fleet with a major victory for yu being mentioned. If every one of Anubis' Ha'taks had the advanced shields and weapons which could defeat an asgard ship then no amount of standard ha'taks could face them as we know an asgard ship can face down a number of standard ha'taks, it's why they fear them. So can we assume that only a few of his ships were upgraded with Ancient knowledge?

or maybe the asgard had anti-goauld cannons and anubis made them useless. we already know goauld shields work on oscillation, so the asgard could simply calculate the distance, frequency, and then generate the corresponding wavelenght of the bolt to make the goauld shield useless

Comment

well we know anubis had very powerful ships but his resources were limited at first. He didn't have all that many. So my guess is he refitted what ships he could get his hands on, but as his influence grew and the more ships he managed to capture then he simply didn't have the time or the resources to refit every single one. So the majority of his fleet ended up just being standard hataks with perhaps one of his uber hataks in each fleet. However one ship, no matter how powerful will always eventually sucumb to sheer fire power in terms of numbers, so if the system lords still out numbered anubis they they would have often had a chance. I'm sure as well that the system lords weren't above ordering their ships to go on kamikazi runs, which admitedly might not work against a ori mothership but I bet it would against a hatak like that.
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
        or maybe the asgard had anti-goauld cannons and anubis made them useless. we already know goauld shields work on oscillation, so the asgard could simply calculate the distance, frequency, and then generate the corresponding wavelenght of the bolt to make the goauld shield useless
        The Asgard were fighting the Replicators which means they had to equip the most powerful weapons possible on their ships to overcome the superior shields. Therefore it would be illogical for them to make anti Goa'uld weapons especially considering their energy weapons normally should pack enough punch to do at least something to superior Replicator vessels.

Basically the Asgard adding anti Goa'uld weapons to their ships makes no sense, they would have had normal energy weapons for the Replicators too and even these obviously proved ineffective against Anubis. The down and out truth is the scavenged Ancient tech Anubis used on his refitted Ha'taks was clearly superior to the Asgard weapons on the Beliskner.
        Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by strider2289 View Post
          I was wondering over Anubis' refitted ha'taks. Two of them faced down thor while one was able to withstand its weapons. I was wondering if this meant few of his ships were actually refitted as the system lords were still able to fight his fleet with a major victory for yu being mentioned. If every one of Anubis' Ha'taks had the advanced shields and weapons which could defeat an asgard ship then no amount of standard ha'taks could face them as we know an asgard ship can face down a number of standard ha'taks, it's why they fear them. So can we assume that only a few of his ships were upgraded with Ancient knowledge?
          All Yu would need to do is come with more ships than Anubis could handle, so if Anubis only had 30 ships total and Yu commanded a fleet of say a hundred or two hundred vessels, or the system lords hit up Anubis's fleet on every possible occasion his ships would eventually get beaten.

I don't recall a clear comparison being made over just how much better each of those upgraded Ha'Taks was, 3 or 4 times better than a regular Ha'Tak could have been enough to allow for Anubis to face down a Baliskner with 2 Ha'Taks, but still leave him unable to take on the united forces of some of the System Lords.
          On most occasions where we saw singular Anubis Ha'Taks engage enemies I thought they were mentioned to have some kind of upgrade, like the vessel that was basically immune to the Tollan's Ion Cannons, it may have been a bluff but if Anubis was still using regular level Ha'Taks then surely his smaller fleet numbers with only a few being upgraded vessel supporting them wouldn't have been able to stand a chance against the full force of the System Lords with hundreds of ships to face.

Comment

Anubis's advantage was always in tech like the asgards. But unlike the asgards who had the issue of facing a unified Goauld army Anubis cleverly asked to be back into the system lords so he could pick them off one by one. But once again like the asgards Anubis did not have say entire systems with enormous armies to rule over. His forces were scattered, some searching for the eye of ra, some searching for more ancient tech, some actually using them against earth, and some hurling asteroids at people. So yeah Yu probably did well countering his superior tech ships with numbers. Even Baal got the drop on him with just 3 ships taking out his huge flag ship. If only Anubis had say 2 other ships guarding his big ship maybe that battle could have turned out differently, but unfortunately he didnt, because he probably didnt have the ships to spare, or maybe all of resources were focused on that one big ship

Comment

With regards to Anubis' refit Anubis had very few ships the full force of his fleet is 30 + Older goauld have so much more. In Avenger Baal took the opportunity to go to war against the other system lords with the size of Goauld empire Baal would have needed ships in the hundreds.

The Asgard ship Anubis destroyed was THE ONLY SHIP AVAILABLE AT THE TIME. This would indicate that it was the most low-tech perhaps even an incomplete or damage and recently repaired ship the asgard had since conventional wisdom would require you to use your bigger and more powerful ships against the replicators.

Actually Yu went to war with the system lord collective. They mentioned that Yu escaped a trap and Anubis was angry at Baal for it prior to season 7. The episode with Lord Mot. Yu only got the system lords to join him in season 7 eye or Ra episode.

No one here has mentioned the greatness of Yu that made him capable of taking on Anubis (I understand the pun or irony)
              Yu is the oldest and longest reigning system lord which means his knowledge of tactics and strategy and deviousness allowed him to stay in power for so long,

In season 3, Daniel indicated that Yu is content with the size of his empire. This would indicate he does not on war offensive wars that often. So he doesn't loose ships and resources. So he was at full strength when he went to war with Anubis. Also a smaller empire by Goauld standards anyway, means less territory to defend and more resources in each strategic position.

I suspect these also but no indication in Canon to prove them:
              1. Yu's world are more developed than other Goauld planets
              why: because he had smaller territory which ordinarily one would try to develop them to industrial worlds.
              2. Yu commands the largest Jaffa army of all.
              why:My basis is China's current population. Canon indicate Yu influencing that culture. So I could see Yu applying a same order as that by Olakun (Birthright Haktyll) made but without the killing of the women.

I really feel they wasted Yu's character when the made him senile
              Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

My personal "understanding" (guess, without evidence to affirm or deny) is that Anubis was able to find ship hardware of some kind or hardware he was able to rig onto his ships, like Ancient shield generators. Almost everything Anubis ever did in the "Ancient Technology" department revolved around him digging up some musty old Ancient device and using it. He knew these objects existed, and knew how to use them, but it didn't seem like he had the know-how or infrastructure to recreate Ancient technology from scratch. So I'm guessing how many ships had the upgrades was limited to how much Ancient technology he could cannibalize from ruins.

Comment

Originally posted by Duskofdead View Post
                  My personal "understanding" (guess, without evidence to affirm or deny) is that Anubis was able to find ship hardware of some kind or hardware he was able to rig onto his ships, like Ancient shield generators. Almost everything Anubis ever did in the "Ancient Technology" department revolved around him digging up some musty old Ancient device and using it. He knew these objects existed, and knew how to use them, but it didn't seem like he had the know-how or infrastructure to recreate Ancient technology from scratch. So I'm guessing how many ships had the upgrades was limited to how much Ancient technology he could cannibalize from ruins.
                  Interesting point of view, made me remember that Anubis' was under a strict prohibition from the "others" that he couldn't do anything unless he could have done it as a goauld. The way I understand this prohibition is Anubis knows how to work Ancient tech and he has general idea how to build them but he is prohibited from building them unless he finds the actual ancient devises and tech

Anubis knew there was a doomsday device in Dakara but why didn't he use it earlier after he took Baal's empire for himself. He needed others to find the device first and unlock it.

Ancient tech we know anubis built:
                  Life giving device for Kull warriors modified from ancient healing device found by Kel chak basis for the sarcophagus tech

Kull armor seemed similar to the ancient/evil asgard suit shown in Atlantis.
                  Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

Originally posted by YutheGreat View Post
                    Interesting point of view, made me remember that Anubis' was under a strict prohibition from the "others" that he couldn't do anything unless he could have done it as a goauld. The way I understand this prohibition is Anubis knows how to work Ancient tech and he has general idea how to build them but he is prohibited from building them unless he finds the actual ancient devises and tech

Anubis knew there was a doomsday device in Dakara but why didn't he use it earlier after he took Baal's empire for himself. He needed others to find the device first and unlock it.

Ancient tech we know anubis built:
                    Life giving device for Kull warriors modified from ancient healing device found by Kel chak basis for the sarcophagus tech

This is what I think as well. After all, why would Anubis need to sit around and play games and schemes trying to get access to the Dakara Superweapon if it were an easy matter for him to just construct one on his own?

I think even with a knowledge of Ancient technology, the ability to actually reproduce it on any sort of scale (not talking about jerry rigging one-use power cells or stargates out of toasters and microwaves) requires a hefty infrastructure which the Ancients had but no one since the Ancients has had except for the Asurans. It would be like Teal'c being familiar with how to use Earth PC's but then asking him to go back to Chulak and create a PC from scratch. It's simply impractical.

Comment

Originally posted by YutheGreat View Post
                      I wonder if he modled them after it, or was it the other way?

Comment

Anubis may have adapted them for use in combat from ancient tech.
                        Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

Working...
                        X