This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Claudia Black is back for five

This would normally be good news...cuz I've heard that Vala and Daniel have a thing...and you know, I'm all for our Dannyboy to get some...y'know, some things just need to y'know...it aint healthy keeping that sort of thing all bottled up like that for so long. *Ahem*

Anyway, but with BB on the show now, and CB on for 5 eps...I don't want to jump to conclusions, but I'm gonna anyway. By golly, there better be NO sparkage between Vala and BB's character. We can't have our Danny get pushed to the side. No sirree! And anyway, it's just too wierd to have BB & CB together on a show together I mean really, if SCI-FI want's them together, for god sakes, bring back Farscape. Sheesh...

-Getting off my soap box now.

(What? It's Farscape-1, uh...SG-scape2? Uh...when are they signing Rigel?)

We'll just have to see, first we'll need to find out more about Vala'c character, which we will be able to do in a few weeks, and about Browder's character, which could be in an hour or it could be in five months.
    Rocky

Comment

Read the full story at GateWorld!

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2004/1...ackisbac.shtml
      GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
      The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
      Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

I like the sound of this.

I like them using charaters we have seen before instead of throwing new people in our face... cough BB cough.

I was hoping TPTB would do this for season 7 and 8, have miny arcs or longer arcs over the course of a season. That way if it is the last season it continues the the story, and can close things off, but in case there is another season they could do more the next season or whatever.

Maybe season 9 has some hope, any would on fresh writers?
        It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

YEEEEEEEEEES atleast they're doing something I've suggested... for once

Comment

I think they'll do it properly, as long as they treat them like seperate characters and not make references or nods to Farscape. I agree with the article, it's possible that she would replace Amanda Tapping. Thanks for the heads up, GateWorld.

Comment

Woohoo..As much as I like Ben Browder, I adore Claudia Black more.

Who knows what direction they'll take this. I doubt they're going to want to try and recreate Farscape here - this is Stargate. Or Fargate. Or something.

Perhaps Claudia's character will hate Ben's character. Perhaps Daniel and Ben's character will have a little rivalry going. Perhaps Claudia's character will be the big new villain for S9.

I'm not going to jump to any conclusions until more details are available.

What's great is that they're getting a terrific actress for (hopefully) a nice juicy story arc.

Of course, I am wondering.......Is Rygel next??

Last edited by keshou; 18 December 2004, 06:25 AM. Reason: oops
              Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

May as well call the show Fargate.

And yeah, adding a muppet to the cast is EXACTLY what Stargate needs.

Comment

Ohhh thankyou God..thankyou,thankyou, thankyou !

Blessed be Claudia Black!

*sacrifices next door neighbor to the gods in thanks*
                  sigpic
                  Eagles may soar free and proud, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.
                  "We're not going to Guam are we?"

Comment

Actually I'm pretty glad that they're doing something different with the cast next season. We know Amanda Tapping, Michael Shanks, and Christopher Judge will probably be back as well as the introduction of Browder's character. Hopefully the team dynamics will be really strong, especially since they will be plenty of time for them to all get to know each other. Claudia Black will probably be a strong female character, and people on this forum have wanted that for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                      And yeah, adding a muppet to the cast is EXACTLY what Stargate needs.
                      Dont offend Thor

Comment

A muppet would be handy to dial up the Stargate if they ever promote Walter.

Comment

That Fraggle Rock thread in OT reminds me of Sprocket, the dog owned by that guy. Maybe they could bring on Sprocket to play Poochinski.

Gods, I'm sorry, but BOTH of them?! One or the other MAYBE, and at least Claudia's character will be pre-established, but BOTH of them? I know David wanted me to keep an open mind and think happy thoughts and believe in the Powers That Be, but I'm just not that good a person. Sorry, David.

Comment

Yeah, it's sort of strange that both of them are there, but just as long as they're well developed characters who aren't like their previous characters too much.

Comment

Originally posted by D.C.
                              A muppet would be handy to dial up the Stargate if they ever promote Walter.
                              Pilot would be GREAT at that. All those arms.

Yep, muppets may be the way to go. Rygel's a primadonna but as long as you feed him well he's fairly cooperative.

And yeah, it's kind of strange that both of them are going to be on the show but Claudia's only on for 5 episodes and I have a feeling her character is quite a bit different than Aeryn. Hopefully Ben's character won't be a Chrichton-clone either.

I dunno. This may be the smartest thing they've ever done - or the dumbest. But at least it's not boring.
                              Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Working...
                              X