F-302 upgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F-302 upgrades

I have been thinking about how we could upgrade our F-302 designs using knowledge from the Asgard core and Atlantis database.

First thing I would do is get rid of the Naquadria hyperdrive, its never worked properly and probably never will, (naquadria is too unstable) and replace it with some sort of small Asgard designed shield generator (designed and made via the core). I know it’s not going to be an uber-powerful shield but something capable of taking a few hits from both death gliders and darts, without destroying the fighter. Also I would research the neural interface from puddle jumpers and try to engineer something similar so that the craft can be more manoeuvrable in dogfights etc. Any other suggestions or ideas?
    "So, what's your impression of Alar?"
    "That he is concealing something."
    "Like what?"
    "I am unsure. He is concealing it."

"Well, according to Einstein’s General Theory of Relativity, there’s nothing in the laws of physics to prevent it. Extremely difficult to achieve, mind you – you need the technology to manipulate black holes to create wormholes not only through points in space but time."
    "Not to mention a really nice DeLorean."
    "Don’t even get me started on that movie!"
    "I liked that movie!"

give it a cloak, hover capabilities (like the gliders/darts/jumpers have), throw out the railguns (weapons with limited ammo are not really something i like), ad a powersource, give them energy weapons, a shockwave weapon like the one in the hand device - only larger - and a stunwave weapon (for ground attacks, also a blastwave could surely be used to knock enemy fighters arround, too )....add a holo projector to make enemy groundtroops and others without really sophisticated sensors panic (because of sooo many projected fighters)....put in better enertial dampeners (O'neill says that they only absorb some of the acceleration) and if you can: reverse engineer the wraith culling beam and add one so that you can stage boarding missions and get people onto planets were beaming to is jammed!

greetings LAX

Comment

or just design a whole new fighter while you're at it.

i doubt the naquahdriah hyperdrive made it past the x302.

i would personally replace it with a jumperdrive (Adrift/Lifeline). establish several bases (delta, epsilon, etc) around the galaxy. strategically placed so the 302's are always within range. for the MW you're gonna need several thousand, so first off we enhance the powersource (perhaps some external powerpack?) to increase the range.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
        or just design a whole new fighter while you're at it.

i doubt the naquahdriah hyperdrive made it past the x302

i would personally replace it with a jumperdrive (Adrift/Lifeline). establish several bases (delta, epsilon, etc) around the galaxy. strategically placed so the 302's are always within range. for the MW you're gonna need several thousand, so first off we enhance the powersource (perhaps some external powerpack?) to increase the range.
        Agreed! and agreed i seriously doubt they put the Naquahdriah Drive in anything else then the Original X-302

Comment

Please. The 302 is a joke. It's powered by unobtanium and kept in the air by CGI.

It's a quick and dirty fighter meant to help close the gap between modern day and Goa'uld level tech, developed and built with an imperfect understanding of alian tehcnology at breakneck pace.

The sort of serious upgrades suggested would better suit a whole new, next generation craft. A airframe optimized for hypersonic travel (flying wedge or waverider star), inertia-less drives (VTOL, hover, no fuel required, no moving parts, larger acceleration), next gen crystal based electronics and direct neural interfaces (Ace Combat "COFFIN" style), with armor (or shielding) befitting a tank (yet massing no more than a feather due to inertial dampening).

And a strap on hyper drive for carrier based variants.

Comment

Better off making a whole new plane

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

I can imagine the next logical upgrade to the fighters would be our reversed engineered drone weapons. A fighter could probably carry twice as many drones as compared to the larger and less maneuverable missiles.

The hyperdrive could be replaced with a capable shield, to take some hits from other fighters (to be reasonable here). Earth does need smaller interstellar ships, but not on a two-person fighter any longer.

Comment

i think it would be cool if we could design a version of the APBWs that fit on the 302s and can cause some pretty mean damage to another ship but that when they combine their fire power just like the AG3 satalites did, are powerful enough to destroy a big ship like a hatak or wraith hive ship or an ori mothership. it would basically allow a 304 to triple its effective firepower because right now all 302s are really good for is fighting small ships like gliders or an unshielded alkesh but if each 304 carries 16 302s and if it took like 8 302s combined fire power to destroy an enemy capital ship, it would make a 304 way more deadly and powerul.

also, we could design a shield system so that when the 302s are in the combined firepower formation they work in conjunction to make the shield almost as powerful as the 304s for a short time giving them the extra couple of seconds to target and destroy the target ship.
                STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

One 302 upgrade that I stress is the ability to fit through the Gate. I like the idea of cloaking, and I think APBW and other weapons like the aforementioned should not go on the fighter. I think the shield is a bad idea, because even if it managed to keep itself from being hit, the sheer velocity of a missile or pulse like that would do serious damage. I believe shields are for larger, less manuverable ships than fighters. In Demons, a ring was shown to send a bolt of "lightning" from space, presumably. I would want something like that for ground assaults, and, when we learn how to create drones, a mini-drone storage. But for now, missiles will do.
                  If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                  Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                  If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                  Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Shields would make sense to me, it's better to get knocked around by a Death Glider's cannon then to explode.

Jayne: Explode, I don't want to Explode.

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
                      One 302 upgrade that I stress is the ability to fit through the Gate. I like the idea of cloaking, and I think APBW and other weapons like the aforementioned should not go on the fighter. I think the shield is a bad idea, because even if it managed to keep itself from being hit, the sheer velocity of a missile or pulse like that would do serious damage. I believe shields are for larger, less manuverable ships than fighters. In Demons, a ring was shown to send a bolt of "lightning" from space, presumably. I would want something like that for ground assaults, and, when we learn how to create drones, a mini-drone storage. But for now, missiles will do.
                      the 302s can already fit through the gate unless your talking about being able to fly right through them like a puddle jumper in which case they cant, but modifying them to fly through the gate would be so big a modification that they really wouldnt be 302s anymore but a new class of ship that really shouldnt just be a fighter but a carefully designed multi purpose ship with a lot of the same abilities as a puddlejumper but mass producable.

and i think that serious damage would be better than destroyed if they were hit and i doubt that the force of impact would really be all that severe and if it a sufficiently powerful shield that could withstand a lot of glider/dart fire and maybe 1 or 2 direct or partial capital ship hits before failing it would add just a little extra protection and that has to be worth something.
                      STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Originally posted by stargater1990 View Post
                        the 302s can already fit through the gate unless your talking about being able to fly right through them like a puddle jumper in which case they cant, but modifying them to fly through the gate would be so big a modification that they really wouldnt be 302s anymore but a new class of ship that really shouldnt just be a fighter but a carefully designed multi purpose ship with a lot of the same abilities as a puddlejumper but mass producable.

and i think that serious damage would be better than destroyed if they were hit and i doubt that the force of impact would really be all that severe and if it a sufficiently powerful shield that could withstand a lot of glider/dart fire and maybe 1 or 2 direct or partial capital ship hits before failing it would add just a little extra protection and that has to be worth something.
                        I'm talking about go through the gate immediately, like a dart. And there should be a program like on the PJ so that it goes on automatic pilot.

When I say serious damage, I mean the glass breaking and shattering onto the pilot, engines and weapons down, dead in the water and in the cockpit. And inertial dampeners won't compensate for everything, either. Seriously, these things are flying at over 800 kph. I wouldn't be surprised if it was over 1000 kph.
                        If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!

sigpic

Comment

I'm talking about go through the gate immediately, like a dart. And there should be a program like on the PJ so that it goes on automatic pilot.

When I say serious damage, I mean the glass breaking and shattering onto the pilot, engines and weapons down, dead in the water and in the cockpit. And inertial dampeners won't compensate for everything, either. Seriously, these things are flying at over 800 kph. I wouldn't be surprised if it was over 1000 kph.
                          okay, i could see how that could possibly happen but thats only if the 302 was flying into the enemy weapons fire, and if they were flying away from it the impact wouldnt be as severe or if they were being chased by a dart and they had a shield it would prevent the enemy weapons fire from disabling their engines so a shield would still add some protection under some circumstances so i still think it would be worth adding.
                          STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Originally posted by stargater1990 View Post
                            okay, i could see how that could possibly happen but thats only if the 302 was flying into the enemy weapons fire, and if they were flying away from it the impact wouldnt be as severe or if they were being chased by a dart and they had a shield it would prevent the enemy weapons fire from disabling their engines so a shield would still add some protection under some circumstances so i still think it would be worth adding.
                            That's what the cloak's for. Or even better yet, phasing tech. With a spare backup naquadah generator in the compartment.

sigpic

Comment

That's what the cloak's for. Or even better yet, phasing tech. With a spare backup naquadah generator in the compartment.
                              yeah but those two things wouldnt always work in every situation and having the option of a shield would be beneficial. it might even be possible to have all three options available for deployment by simply switching out a modual or something quickly before launch depending on the mission.
                              STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Working...
                              X