X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forgotten Technology

Hi,

me again - with another question:

why didn't the SGC send their ships (or their ship as was the case when they only had one) to sites the SG-1 team (and other teams) have already been to - i am talking of planets like tolana/euronda (the one with the remote controlled fighters) because there was technology their they could use? (even more if the people their were dead and/or the gate had been destroyed)

don't tell me that was because of some noble sentiment (like with tolana: i don't rob graves) or tell me they had "no time" because the Prometheus had long stand by times (very often at first, because the ship was always ready when SG-1 needed it)....so please help me solve this mystery

greetings LAX

or maybe, they do not steal technology? the eurondans were probably thoroughly bombed by the breeders.

the Tollans were probably thoroughly bombed, and if not, the tollan probably ensured nobody could misuse their technology

Comment

Because now we have more advanced tech that would beat their technology, so why waste time trying to find it? Or maybe they did look, and didn't find it. Also, I won't berate you, but it's Tollana.
      If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
      Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
      If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
      Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

well, the tollans had no time to make sure their technology was destroyed (they might have switched their defense systems on automatic but we don't know that, we don't even know if they all died....so there might still be something there and that alone would make it worth checking out!)

greetings LAX
        ps: as for the other planed (euronda) and the facility being destroyed, why not contact the other side of the war? (they surely have similar technology as they were able to fight with the side we encountered)

Comment

plus it was jack and tealc that let them break through so they would be gratefull

and what about tantalus the meeting place of the four races that planet is good for a few things

1. near earth so a good place for a first colony
          2. ocean place to stick Atlantis if they want it off earth but in the MW
          3. it was the meeting place for the alliance of four must be knowledge to be learned

and maybe the place with optricans vs bedrosians they had some decent techs

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

Originally posted by Laxian of Earth View Post
            well, the tollans had no time to make sure their technology was destroyed (they might have switched their defense systems on automatic but we don't know that, we don't even know if they all died....so there might still be something there and that alone would make it worth checking out!)

greetings LAX
            ps: as for the other planed (euronda) and the facility being destroyed, why not contact the other side of the war? (they surely have similar technology as they were able to fight with the side we encountered)
            For all we know, they could have set off a bomb, destroying the planet. But, what I think is logical for a Goa'uld, is to enslave the population. After all, they might have superior shields, but why not glean the technology from them. However, that's what I think. I don't think Anubis would have just thrown away all that technology, as there could be something that Ancients decided not to develop. After all, they were two different civilizations. And even if they didn't, they would make sure that the Tollan would never have a chance to bother them again.

As for the Breeders (Eurondan enemy) the most advanced pieces of technology that we know of are unmanned recon drones and manned bombers. And the lack of winning by the Eurondans could have simply been for a number of reasons, like lack of numbers. Something similar to the Wraith/Ancients war.
            If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by eps200 View Post
              3. it was the meeting place for the alliance of four must be knowledge to be learned
              It would be worth going just to see if that holographic projector thing that showed all the elements has survived (I think it was deep inside the castle so it is possible).
              "So, what's your impression of Alar?"
              "That he is concealing something."
              "Like what?"
              "I am unsure. He is concealing it."

"Well, according to Einstein’s General Theory of Relativity, there’s nothing in the laws of physics to prevent it. Extremely difficult to achieve, mind you – you need the technology to manipulate black holes to create wormholes not only through points in space but time."
              "Not to mention a really nice DeLorean."
              "Don’t even get me started on that movie!"
              "I liked that movie!"

Comment

i also believed that the stargate teams should have went back to worlds like that to see if anything was salvageable

the eurondans shields would have been class, why not even have a bash at contacting the nox again, seeing as they had grown up a lot in 8 seasons

Comment

plus it was jack and tealc that let them break through so they would be gratefull

and what about tantalus the meeting place of the four races that planet is good for a few things

and maybe the place with optricans vs bedrosians they had some decent techs
                  If I remember correctly, they were a bit pissed to see us on their planet.

sigpic

Comment

I do agree about seeing the Nox again...landing near their city!

sigpic

Comment

also hebridan see if anything survived the ori help them rebuild they seemed a comervialy aware race and they seemed interested in being allies they could certainly help in keeping the MW peaceful / counter balance the jaffa

also how about exploring worlds near earth to build up an empire earth is overpopulated massively spreading out would be beneficial.

Comment

also hebridan see if anything survived the ori help them rebuild they seemed a comervialy aware race and they seemed interested in being allies they could certainly help in keeping the MW peaceful / counter balance the jaffa

also how about exploring worlds near earth to build up an empire earth is overpopulated massively spreading out would be beneficial.
                        not really an empire (democracy is an achievment, why go back to the old rome?) but colonies would be usefull (even more as there is that concern with the survival of our race(s) and culture(s) - that's why we had an alphasite in the first place, this would take that out of the picture (well i would still maintain an alphasite, just in case, but this would help as well))

as for the bedrosians: their enemies believed in the stargate and in order to be a worthy enemy they should have had at least comparable technology (which would have been good for earth at that time - they could have beamed the gate up from the bedrosians (they didn't want it anyway as they didn't believe in it) and give it to the other side for example

as for the nox: i would have gone their (even if it was just to see if the asgard sensors could penetrate their cloaking technology - and if possible to open diplomatic relations (post an ambassador there and a small contingent of other people)

as for the breeders: do we know how advanced they were? no, but it should be speculated, in order to fight with an advanced enemy, that they had some comparable technologies (yes, they might have only had larger numbers, but i don't think so - if it was a numbers game the other side could just have woken their people from stasis!)

as for the hebridans: would have gone their again (their iondrive that they gave us for helping them set up a stargate was very helpfull in upgrading our ships (even more, they put a small version on the 302, because in later seasons they could fly outside the atmosphere without using the rocket, while at first they had atmospheric engines (normal jet ones) and the rocket in order to leave the atmosphere), too.
                        it would be good to have an ambassador their as well, we could gain more technology from them (maybe they did go ways the asgard/ancients didn't think of?) and we would have had an ally fighting the Ori...even better:

we could have taken part in their space race again (and we might have won it this time!)

greetings LAX
                        ps: i would still check out planets that appear a lost cause (like tollana (even if they only find one of the phasing armbands, it would still be a success!) and the world with the rand protectorat on it, at least to salvage the satellite that cut through ancient shields like a hot knife through butter!)

Comment

another thing i bet the hebredan could do well is mine lots of stuff fast they where an entirely capitalist interstellar civilisation so much we could achieve we sell advanced tech for large amounts of resource / access to manufacturing facilities.

Comment

Using the 304s beamers to get the gate to the bedrosians is a good idea... And i would have loved to see that kid again, the one who helped Tea'lc.

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
                              Because now we have more advanced tech that would beat their technology, so why waste time trying to find it? Or maybe they did look, and didn't find it. Also, I won't berate you, but it's Tollana.
                              Phase shifting missiles would make the standard earth weaponry useful again. Imagine phase shifting earth designed drones.

It's probably just a lack of time to wrap up little loose ends, and another poster got it right. The Tollan probably did their best to destroy their new weaponry specifications so Anubis wouldn't salvage it.

Comment

Working...
                              X