The Ultimate Contingency Plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Ultimate Contingency Plan

okay, im not sure if this has been mentioned beofre but im gonna throw it out there anyway.

i think that the ultimate contingency plan for the defence of earth would be merlins out of phase technology. now, in the episode "the road not taken" we know that its possible to bring the entire planet out of phase using 700 gigawatts worth of power and carter said that the ZPM was just too taxed with the battle with the one ori ship so they had to use the power from the U.S. powergrid. but that means that a zpm can provide the nessisary power to take the planet out of phase.

so, im proposing that we should put the infrastructure in place to channel energy from the U.S. powergrid directly to say area 51 or some other facility housing merlins out of phase technology and hook up a zpm to merlins out of phase technology, so that in a worst case scenario, we can flip a switch at a moments notice and take the entire planet out of phase.

with this system it would prevent earth from being conquered even if all of our defenses have failed and give us time to come up with a defence. this system could also be used as a sort of shield during a large scale attack on earth to prevent orbital bombardment during an attack and unlike a shield, it would only require a constant amount of power and would really never fail as long as the zpm lasts and the US powergrid keeps running.

and there might even be some way for earth and the defending fleet to communicate since a person wearing a sodan cloaking device can talk to a person out of phase so some sort of special subspace thingymabob could be devised to allow 2 way communication.

so what do you think? would it be a good contingency plan or not?
    STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

it would be the mother of all Deus Ex Machina's

Comment

That sounds pretty good to me stargate1990.

As a contingency plan it'd work a treat, perhaps instead of relying on ZPMs or regular electrical infrastructures in the US some some separate Asgard power generators or subspace taps could be made then people in the US wouldn't have to have any disruptions so the out of phase tech can work any time with out the inconvenience a gap in power to America would cause.

As a permanent planetary defense, provided you can sort the power side of things out of phase tech would be perfect, you just leave some kind of weapons system in phase to take out whatever threats are about and de-phase the planet once the threats gone, coz if your enemy knows you've got the tech then they'll just wait for you to return Earth to normal space.
      That's where having ships or a sat network in place would be the perfect combo for Earth.

Comment

In the words of President Henry Hayes: "Never going to happen."
        If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
        Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
        If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
        Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

It'd be better if you could make your enemies out of phase. Then they couldn't hurt you and would eventually starve.
          All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Yup. BUT then again all it would take from the enemy is to sneak a few dozen troops down here to neuter our power grid in key areas... so we couldnot channel the energy needed.

Comment

in real life, that plan would be put in action.

in stargate, no please.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                in real life, that plan would be put in action.

in stargate, no please.
                Exactly, being able to walk all over our enemies doesn't make for good TV.
                If they did do it, they would make some HUGE plot device to make us the underdogs, despite our technological marvels, and probably create 2 dozen plot holes in the process.
                Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

sigpic

Comment

we can annihilate any known enemy in stargate. that's pretty insane IMO.

Comment

Working...
                  X