Upgrading the SGC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrading the SGC

the SGC is about 15 years give or take a few, and I was wondering why haven't they updated the stuff in it. even if we had no alien tech in 15 years our own tech has gone leaps and bounds.
    http://epsilon.astroempires.com/?ref=E.94116

well O'Niel once sad that they did a really nice paint job .

Comment

very original tread.

there are about 15 others of the same topic

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
        very original tread.

there are about 15 others of the same topic
        And yet only 1 created in the last day so lets all pay attention .

Things to be added (List made by Oniell)
        A pool table.
        A second main door
        Rename the mountain (Chayney mountain)
        More than 4 gaurd on the main door
        1 new corridor (Makes the base look bigger)
        Removal of the mothership set so they dont have to be careful were they go on camera.
        A DHD roulette table.

Slightly more serios
        Encase the Stargate in steel with only the working parts needed to dial moving and a ramp the full diameter of the gate extending 5 feet and then another Iris (Could work as a prison for unknown inbound travlers or SG teams without Iris codes).
        if it wasnt for Carters new plot shield we would be dead

Comment

IMO there are far better things to use the money an upgrade would cost for such as SGC personell budget the 304 program etc besides the SGC serves it's pupose and does it quite well!

Comment

one of the tollan wepons disable units

Comment

Originally posted by Alx View Post
              IMO there are far better things to use the money an upgrade would cost for such as SGC personell budget the 304 program etc besides the SGC serves it's pupose and does it quite well!
              Yes but we've had the same blinking lights for 15 years. And as far as I know they still use 3 super computers that are a least 15 years old and even with out alien tech we've got a lot better computers now also with alien tech the computer could be much smaller there could be a force field iris, like Atlantis, so the they could avoid the Sokar weapon thing. Make a permanent Naquada Generator so they don't have to use as much money in energy consumption. That would just increase home-world security.

Comment

Originally posted by Serenity000 View Post
                Yes but we've had the same blinking lights for 15 years. And as far as I know they still use 3 super computers that are a least 15 years old and even with out alien tech we've got a lot better computers now also with alien tech the computer could be much smaller there could be a force field iris, like Atlantis, so the they could avoid the Sokar weapon thing. Make a permanent Naquada Generator so they don't have to use as much money in energy consumption. That would just increase home-world security.
                good point! but i think many of these thing would have already been incorporated into the SGC but just not shown in the series also i bet that our new offworld bases such as Icarus surely has many new tech's and gadget's incorporated into their design!

Comment

You know I could see a show where they have to set up an auxiliary control room to remodel the control room. Because in real life that would have happened by now.

Comment

Windows 7. They've been running XP for years and now it just aint cutting it.
                    Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

Originally posted by FN-P90 View Post
                      Windows 7. They've been running XP for years and now it just aint cutting it.
                      LOL!
                      but personally i prefer XP

Comment

Another good point they've had the same software for 15 years!

Comment

Originally posted by Alx View Post
                          LOL!
                          but personally i prefer XP
                          THN YOU WILL LOVE WINDOWS 7! lol. no actully im waiting to upgrade for W7. You dont have to Upgrade your Ram or anything for it. Plus its Compatible with XP files so that a big plus
                          Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

The Dialing Computer Interface definitely got upgraded big around Season 7-8. (the color of the interface went from Green/Teal to Sky Blue and it looked cleaner) At some point they also went from CRTs to LCD monitors.

Comment

well if I must suggest some minor upgrades:
                              - primary shields surrounding the base
                              - secondary shields surrounding the stargate or gateroom (in case that the gate wants to explode)
                              - instead of steal blast doors an energy like blockades could be install in the base, for instant activation and disabling inside base possible enemy movement
                              - install some weapons in gate room, so need of human fire exposure risks is eliminated,
                              - asgard transport platform for the need of beaming in or off the base to 304's or any other SG world object on the planet (Area 51, Antarctica, shipyard, constructuon yard, etc).
                              - opening of a Asgard Core room, where they can access the Core's info
                              - opening of a Ancient Database terminal room, where they can access the Ancient database
                              - inside the base, several terminals with access to Asgard and Ancient database should be installed
                              - DHD could be replaced with a new, more powerfull one or a replica of the DHD installed on Atlantis, with huge display and some other cool stuff

and there are of course many new stuff but that's just the most important...

Comment

Working...
                              X