Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DVDs ( Non SG related Scifi show recommendations,anyone ? )

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDs ( Non SG related Scifi show recommendations,anyone ? )

Hi everybody
    Just finished Stargate
    I want to start another series of tv shows on dvd
    Anyone have any good reccomendations?

cmon!!!

Comment

First: this goes in either General Sci-Fi/Fantasy or Off Topic, not General Stargate
      Second: Don't frakking bump your own thread less than 10 minutes after starting it
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Monk and Psych are both great. 24. Battlestar Galactica. Eureka. Smallville. Prison Break seasons 1&2 (after that they were crap). Shall I continue? Any specific direction on what type of shows you like?

Comment

And of course Firefly. Can't believe I forgot Firefly... All of the Star Treks. Dollhouse. That should keep you busy.

Comment

Yeah Firefly sounds good and Dollhouse already got Prison Break lol

Comment

Thats good im halfway through Prison Break Season 2 lol

Comment

Try Lost - a great show.

Comment

that was confusing lol
                  i got lost literally
                  but i guess when you get the idea and can keep up with it you'll like it

Comment

Monk -never saw too much, looked good
                    Psych - never heard of it
                    24 - such a bore
                    Battlestar Galactica - 2nd best sci-fi ever!
                    Eureka - never seen but probly will
                    Smallville -awesome, who doesnt love a superhero
                    Prison Break - waste of time, why is it called prison break later on, they arent breaking out of prison
                    Firefly - awesome show, didnt last too long
                    Lost - one of the greatest shows ever made

others:
                    Farscape - THERE MUPPETS! (thats waht i tell my sister, whe feels sick when she sees them)

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                      Lost - one of the greatest shows ever made
                      I watched the first 4 seasons of Lost religiously, and when the island started time traveling I finally realized that the writers are just making crap up as they go. Nothing will be resolved and no questions will be answered. So that was the end of my Lost viewing. I was so disappointed I even sold my DVD sets.

Comment

I would recommend Buffy and Angel (start with Buffy though). Also, Farscape and Battlestar Galactica are great.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Care View Post
                          I would recommend Buffy and Angel (start with Buffy though). Also, Farscape and Battlestar Galactica are great.
                          Indeed. Buffy and Angel. And start with Buffy, you are correct.

Comment

A couple of others no-one here has mentioned, but it depends on if you are fixated by special effects or not. If you are, don't bother with either of these.

But if you like comedy, then I would recommend Red Dwarf.

If you can stand to watch a late 1970's show that is still attracting new fans because of it's superb charcterisations and moral ambiguity, then I would recommend my favourite sci fi show of all time - Blakes 7.

Comment

Originally posted by khomel View Post
                              I watched the first 4 seasons of Lost religiously, and when the island started time traveling I finally realized that the writers are just making crap up as they go. Nothing will be resolved and no questions will be answered. So that was the end of my Lost viewing. I was so disappointed I even sold my DVD sets.
                              ummm you are aware that there are hundreds of things that interrelate throughout the seasons that they couldnt just make up, they had to have had a plan for that.

...and the islandi isnt time travelling, the people are.

Comment

Working...
                              X