PDA

View Full Version : NBC buys Universal!

tomduo
May 12th, 2004, 07:32 AM
The full story. (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4960838/)

auralan
May 12th, 2004, 11:07 AM
I'm not the biggest NBC fan ever. They tend to be very hands-on with their development process. Hopefully existing shows won't be impacted much by the change in corporate overlord.

ShadowMaat
May 12th, 2004, 12:40 PM
Maybe that Stargate/Friends crossover wasn't so far fetched after all. ;)

KorbenDirewolf
May 13th, 2004, 02:08 PM
who knows? just have to wait for it. ;)

Kill_Baal vo.1
May 17th, 2004, 04:18 AM
Does this mean that vivendi also got purcahsed? I think vivendi and universal were one company before - Vivendi Universal Entertainment? - Yeah thats what the press release says. Vivendi Universal Entertainment is now NBC Universal - which means NBC gets the games, the theme parks, everything...

Darren
May 18th, 2004, 07:49 AM
France-based Vivendi-Universal sold off many of its entertainment assets, which NBC acquired / merged with. The deal includes the cable networks (including USA and SCI-FI), the film studio, theme park, and I think a bit more.

But there is still a Vivendi left out there, apart from NBC-Universal, with other assets.

The deal makes NBC-Universal one of the world's largest media conglomerates, now in the same ballgame as Time Warner, Disney, etc.

Gilder
October 26th, 2004, 09:11 PM
Bringing this old thread to the top to say...

NBC's ownership of Universal and therefore SciFi is now becoming REALLY obvious. First there were the NBC programming ads on SciFi. Now NBC is going to run "Ghost Hunters" and "Scare Tactics" on its broadcast network on Halloween night.

Gee, wonder how long SG-1 and /or SGA would last on NBC's "traditional" network?

Gilder
*who's old enough to remember the original "Save Star Trek" campaign*