X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lobo - DC Comics Movie Adaptation - News/Discussion/Speculation

Guy Ritchie directs DC Comics' alien anti-hero Lobo

Warner Brothers has signed Guy Ritchie to direct Lobo, the live-action adaptation of the DC Comics drama about an alien interstellar bounty hunter, Variety reported. Don Payne wrote the most recent script draft, and Joel Silver, Akiva Goldsman and Andrew Rona will produce.

The character originated in 1983 in Omega Men, written by Roger Slifer and Keith Giffen, and has had several comic incarnations since then. In the film, he is a 7-foot-tall, blue-skinned, indestructible and heavily muscled anti-hero who rides a pimped-out motorcycle and lands on Earth in search of four fugitives who are bent on wreaking havoc. Lobo teams with a small-town teenage girl to stop the creatures. WB is aiming for a PG-13 rating.

Ritchie will make the movie his follow-up to Sherlock Holmes, the Silver-produced film that stars Robert Downey Jr., Jude Law and Rachel McAdams, which Warner Brothers opens Christmas Day.

Production on Lobo begins early next year.

http://scifiwire.com/2009/09/lobo.php

Hmmm, definitely a character I haven't thought much of. Could be pretty cool though.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Lobo is awesome

but PG13 doesnt sound very promising

Comment

Originally posted by Heaven View Post
        Lobo is awesome

but PG13 doesnt sound very promising
        A lot more goes on in PG-13 movies today. That rating might not hold the movie back much at all.
        sigpic
        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Lobo Creator Keith Giffen Gives His Thoughts On The Proposed Movie

Warner Bros has announced plans for a Lobot movie to film next year under director Guy Ritchie and producer Joel Silver. Comics2Film at Mania.com asked Giffen for his reaction to the news...

"I'm amazed it's actually going to happen. It's been kicked around so long," Giffen told them, and then laughed over some of the reports online about Lobo's skin color. "I had no idea Lobo was blue! All these years."

So is he worried about the direction of the film?

"I've got the concerns that everyone has when they see one of the characters they created when the go into film. I'm not as radical as Alan Moore going, 'I don't want a damn thing to do with it,' but I'm not as enthusiastic as Mark Millar," he said. "I'm optimistic about the potential for the film, but it's a cautious optimism."

How does he feel about Guy Ritchie handling the directing duties?

"I think Guy Ritchie is a good choice for director or a horrible choice for director," the outspoken comics creator said, continuing, "depending on whether we've got Lock Stock Guy Ritchie, which is a good thing or we've got Swept Away Guy Ritchie, in which case it's Tank Girl

Giffen said that the PG13 rating doesn't bother him as long as they manage to get the tone right

"I would hope we'd get a kind of edgy, bizarre type of movie. Are they going to do Lobo as a snarling, sarcastic Jason Vorhees from outer space? Or is it Snake Pliskin in mime makeup?"

continues:
          http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...s/news/?a=9892

Comment

From the post above, I'm thinking Snake Pliskin in mime makeup.
            sigpic
            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Jeffrey Dean Morgan wants 'Lobo' role

Jeffrey Dean Morgan has admitted that he wants to play comic antihero Lobo in Guy Ritchie's movie adaptation.

The Watchmen actor told SuperHeroHype.com that he is keen to play the character, an interstellar bounty hunter appearing in the DC Comics universe.

"Lobo would be very cool. I don't think that I'm as big as Lobo is, but if you could transplant Mickey Rourke's body on my head, that would be just great," he joked.

Morgan added that he will make his interest in the role known to Lobo producers Joel Silver and Akiva Goldsman, who are also steering his comic book film The Losers.

"I do have an in," he said. "I'll be elbowing somebody soon."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a...lobo-role.html

Comment

Joel Silver: 'Lobo' test has been filmed

Lobo producer Joel Silver has revealed that a test of the forthcoming movie has been filmed.

Silver said the test was filmed with next year's San Diego Comic-Con International in mind.

"We're working on Lobo now," Silver told Collider. "I was looking at a test we made and I was seeing it through the eyes of Comic-Con - through the eyes of that audience.

"It's important to know that that audience is the biggest in the world. That's the audience that you want to get."

It has been speculated that Comic-Con may be the place where fans are afforded their first glimpse at Guy Ritchie's movie adaptation of DC Comics' mercenary anti-hero.

Jeffrey Dean Morgan - who portrayed The Comedian in Zack Snyder's Watchmen movie - has expressed an interest in playing Lobo in the film.

"I like Jeffrey Dean," said Silver, "but you know we’re working our way through it. We'll see what happens."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/n...en-filmed.html

Comment

Sound like a good idea for a movie. Shame about the ratings they going for.

Guest I will have to keep re-watching Watchman for my over 18 comic book violence.

Comment

Ritchie leaves 'Lobo' to make 'Holmes 2'

Guy Ritchie has dropped out of directing DC Comics adaptation Lobo to concentrate on making a sequel to Sherlock Holmes.

Producer Joel Silver told the Los Angeles Times that Warner Bros has shifted attention away from the comic book movie in order to move forward with the Holmes follow-up.

"I don't think he's going to do [Lobo] now," Silver said. "The studio wants us and Guy to focus on making another Sherlock Holmes. So I think we're going to be doing that. But we're seeing what happens with this."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/n...-holmes-2.html

Comment

Given the success of the first Holmes movie, it's not a surprise that Guy and even the Studio would want him working on a sequel to something that doesn't involve a comic book.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X