This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deadman (DC Adaption) -News/Discussion/Speculation

Warner Brothers has apparently set Danish filmmaker Nikolaj Arcel, of "Island of Lost Souls" previously, to direct the Deadman movie. Bloody-Disgusting is reporting that Guillermo del Toro is developing and producing the adaptation of the DC Comics character

Not much else is known. It's being described as a Crow-esque thriller about a circus tightrope walker who is murdered and returns as a ghost with the ability to inhabit the bodies if others in order to find his killer. Thankfully this sounds like it'll be better than "The Invisible."

Deadman first appeared in Strange Adventures #205 (in October 1967) and was created by Arnold Drake and Carmine Infantino. This is admittedly the first time I've even heard of this character, but he sounds like he has an intriguing story that could make for a great movie. Of course, without too much to go off of, it's hard to tell this early if it'll be any good, but there is one big factor that makes a difference - Guillermo del Toro. Any time he's involved on something it usually means the filmmaker attached is talented and that the source material is strong enough for a great cinematic story. I trust that's the case on this Deadman movie.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/comic_news/news/?a=9666

Guillermo Del Toro Doing Deadman Before The Hobbit

Everyone has been waiting to see The Hobbit. It has been a lot of peoples favorite books and is of course a classic. Deadman is a great cult comic character that if you know him you love him. Well, it looks like Del Toro might think otherwise.

Earlier today, he dropped by TheOneRing.net and left this cryptic message:

"In a few days there will be a BIG announcement (big for me, at least) that is not-Hobbit related. BEFORE anyone starts wondering the usual "how does he have time?, Is this detracting form The Hobbit?" etc It is a project that started over 2 years ago, before The Hobbit and will render fruits in the mid-term, not intruding on my Hobbit duties. Rest assured. The key letter is 'D.'"

So the project starts with the letter "D". What project does Del Toro have that starts with a letter "D"? Del Toro has reportedly been working on Deadman for years, so it is very possible that he could be referring to Deadman.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...r/news/?a=9897

Comment

Working...
    X