X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sucker Punch - News/Discussion/Speculation

Why Zack Snyder thinks his action fantasy Sucker Punch will blow 300 away

Director Zack Snyder has shown his chops for action in 300 and Watchmen and even his Dawn of the Dead remake, but those were just movies with action in them, the director says: His new movie, Sucker Punch, will be something altogether new.

Speaking in an exclusive interview with SCI FI Wire, Snyder said that he plans to take movie action to a level we haven't seen before, well beyond 300 and The Matrix. "Damon [Caro is] my stunt choreographer and fight choreographer, and I like fight choreography," Snyder said in Wednesday in Burbank, Calif., where he was promoting Watchmen: The Director's Cut on Blu-ray. "I'm not a gimmick-based [filmmaker]. I'm not looking to do a big rubber CGI double jumping from building to building and [an] unkillable crazy hero. So I do like sort of hard effects. Give me a machine gun and some kind of cool fighting hand to hand, and let's get it on. To me it's about trying to use technology to kind of just seam up the impossible parts of it, but still stay as raw as you can."

continues:
    http://scifiwire.com/2009/06/why-zac...-thinks-hi.php

Jamie Chung explains how Sucker Punch is a female 300

Jamie Chung, who co-stars with an ensemble of young action heroines in Zack Snyder's original movie Sucker Punch, told reporters that rehearsals have started to give her a sense of what the film will be.

"We just had a table read on Friday, and it really brought things to life," Chung said Sunday in a group interview in Beverly Hills, Calif., where she was promoting the horror film Sorority Row. "We're in the room with all the artwork up and it's just his vision. It's insane how the kindest person in the world can think of something so dark. I'm really excited to work with Zack Snyder. He is the happiest person in the world. It's crazy. He's always smiling. It's insane."

continues:
    http://scifiwire.com/2009/08/jamie-c...cker-punch.php

I stopped reading at "female 300".

I'll pass on this stupid idea for a film.

Action doesn't make a movie.

Comment

Well I loved all his films Watchman was just Brilliant and Action do make some films, 300 without action would be a boring film.

So I am interested in a 300 all female version, because I am convince he could not make a bad film if tried, so yeah I will look forward to see what he cooking up, at least it original.

And it got Jamie Chung who just so bloody hot.
      Last edited by knowles2; 01 September 2009, 02:29 AM.

Comment

Action can help a film, but it's the story line that makes a movie in the long run.

300 was a good movie because it had an epic story behind it.

Comment

Hudgens: 'I trained with Navy Seals'

Vanessa Hudgens has revealed that she adopted an "intense" workout regime for her upcoming film Sucker Punch. The actress, who will star in the action movie set in the 1950s, has admitted that the workouts were gruelling and painful.

Speaking to People, Hudgens said: "I trained with Navy Seals for five months. It was the most intense thing that anyone could ever do. "I walk around with the biggest guns you have ever seen. I was bawling my eyes out because they push you so hard. "But it’s amazing what you find from it. When you go so far you find a certain Zen within that and you know you can do anything. It’s very empowering."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/n...avy-seals.html

Comment

First Look at the Cast of Sucker Punch!

Yesterday, we reported on the first image from the upcoming comic book movie Green Lantern in the new Entertainment Weekly: Comic-Con edition. Today, "Oh No They Didn't" has scanned the new images from the new Zack Snyder film Sucker Punch that was displayed in the new EW issue. These new images feature Emily Browning as Baby Doll, Jena Malone as Rocket, Vanessa Hudgens as Blondie, Jamie Chung as Amber, Abbie Cornish as Sweetpea and Scott Glenn.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=20152

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
              Well I loved all his films Watchman was just Brilliant and Action do make some films, 300 without action would be a boring film.

So I am interested in a 300 all female version, because I am convince he could not make a bad film if tried, so yeah I will look forward to see what he cooking up, at least it original.

And it got Jamie Chung who just so bloody hot.
              300 with action was boring.

Comment

6 new posters of those stunning Sucker Punch girls released

Pics at:
                http://blastr.com/2010/07/6-stunning...medium=twitter

Comment

For some reason I thought this thread would be about Donkey Punch...

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                    6 new posters of those stunning Sucker Punch girls released

Pics at:
                    http://blastr.com/2010/07/6-stunning...medium=twitter
                    Me like.

Sweet pea is my favourite.

Comment

I don't know if the trailer has been posted, but I blew my mind with "what the heck did I just watch." But it looks awesome to the MAX!

Spoiler:

Comment

You know "why Sucker Punch will blow 300 away"?

Because 300 sucked, that's why.
                        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                          You know "why Sucker Punch will blow 300 away"?

Because 300 sucked, that's why.
                          Really? I thought it did the comic justice... (if anything, tho', it could've used w/ a more prolonged battle sequence, showing the fighting from a farther view/perspective, like in, say, Alexander <---nice, big battle; rest of the movie...not so nice )

As for the Sucker Punch trailer: yeah. looks great. I lol'd at the large Samurai-thing w/ a minigun. The website also has this image of a robot-thingy w/ a rabbit-face painted on it's head, and is armed w/ a minigun and an autocannon, I think. Interesting.
                          Oh, and Emily Browning. (really liked her in 'Series of Unfortunate Events' )
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X