Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Video Game, THIS COULD be groundbreaking!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video Game, THIS COULD be groundbreaking!!

Depending on how The Alliance is made, we could be talking about a real breakthrough in changing the way team combat play is done on the PC or XBOX and PS2. The guy who was interviewed from jowood said the replay value was going to be great in the game. If that is the case, and you can perform missions in teams online . If so, we are looking at a new theory about online gaming. You could possibly do co-op play where you sit through a briefing in the SGC, then form into teams in the gateroom and then proceed on pre-determined missions through the gate.

Another factor that would be great for team play is that in the PC version, you could possibly have new missions and maps put out by JoWood every month where you walk into a new mission without any knowledge of what to expect, just like teams on SG-1. Seriously people, we are talking about possibly an awesome and unique concept.

official website : http://www.stargate-thealliance.com/

I'm really looking forward to this game. The key word you used is COULD. It COULD be groundbreking, there's plenty of things that COULD be implemented, but there's also a chance that it COULD suck

Right now it's just to early to tell, all we have are "screenshots", which are not actually "screenshots" so to speak but just shots of various maps, and not actual in-game screenshots.
    The developer says the replay value will be great, but in all honesty do you really expect a developer to say, umm, well, the replay value is so-so.
    My non-stargate related site: The Rabbit Archive

Comment

very true, but you have to ask yourself whether anyone would invest to today in a half laiden product for a video game title, especially something that is based off of the unreal 2.5 engine. I don't think so. The main problem they will have is how to interest the international community in the non-english speaking countries in order to maximize revenues.... it will be interesting to watch.

Comment

Personally, I can't wait to see this new game.

At last this brillient cult show has a video game! Almost every cult show as at least one video game (star trek, xena, buffy).

It's about time Stargate got a video game.

Pitty about the wait, but must mean that it's going to be cool!
        Janna Galaxy, Queen of The Gods
        The Strongest Will Survive!
        I'll Be The One To Save Us All!

Comment

Originally posted by drew494949

Another factor that would be great for team play is that in the PC version, you could possibly have new missions and maps put out by JoWood every month where you walk into a new mission without any knowledge of what to expect, just like teams on SG-1
          You could do that with the xbox version aswell

Comment

I'd rather prefer seeing some of the game being canon before they increase the weight of multiplayer maps and modes.

Although some of you may say that Canon should stay on screen, it's impossibly to explain small intricacies of the Asguard, the Ancients, anyone, on screen. It's a waste of airtime and it could be remedied with some canon info in this game.
            Enter my game site...

Comment

What do you mean by canon?

Comment

Originally posted by nathanaus
                What do you mean by canon?
                Ah yes... Forgot about mentioning what it is.

In most terminologies related to any TV or series, Canon means "official information". As such, it differenciates fan-made or non-official content with the official (canon) content.
                Enter my game site...

Comment

Anything released by JoWood is "canon" then. They are the publishers. So the FAQ they released that stated their multi-player will be big is "canon".

Is it not?

Comment

Depending on how The Alliance is made, we could be talking about a real breakthrough in changing the way team combat play is done on the PC or XBOX and PS2. The guy who was interviewed from jowood said the replay value was going to be great in the game. If that is the case, and you can perform missions in teams online . If so, we are looking at a new theory about online gaming. You could possibly do co-op play where you sit through a briefing in the SGC, then form into teams in the gateroom and then proceed on pre-determined missions through the gate.

Another factor that would be great for team play is that in the PC version, you could possibly have new missions and maps put out by JoWood every month where you walk into a new mission without any knowledge of what to expect, just like teams on SG-1. Seriously people, we are talking about possibly an awesome and unique concept.

All I can say is I sure hope so. In my opinion it's about time game developers start working on the co-op area of their games. I know I'm getting sick of killing the other players in deathmatch all the time. If they had some kind of team system seen in games like Operation Flashpoint this could work quite well.

Comment

Originally posted by OUTATIME
                      You could do that with the xbox version aswell
                      this is true, but we all know that the X-Box is truly just a cheap computer running on old technology compared to the gods of graphics cards at ATI and Half-Life 2. Consoles just aren't there yet, however I am interested in seeing the PS3's specs in February, rumors are the new core processor is pretty amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by nathanaus
                        Anything released by JoWood is "canon" then. They are the publishers. So the FAQ they released that stated their multi-player will be big is "canon".

Is it not?
                        You must have misunderstood. Canon refers to official information that pertains to the story of the series involved. Aired episodes are canon to the story, movies are canon to the story (to a certain extent, unless otherwise noted by TPTB), games CAN becanon, novels can be canon, comic books could be canon, you get the point.

It's story-wise, not "anything officially released by anyone"-wise.
                        Enter my game site...

Comment

Sorry, but this isn't groundbreaking, it's been done before. Haven't you heard of a little series called "Rainbow Six"? I think the game has the potential to be very good, but this isn't anything new. Playing in co-op teams online isn't new.

Comment

Originally posted by Vyse
                            Sorry, but this isn't groundbreaking, it's been done before. Haven't you heard of a little series called "Rainbow Six"? I think the game has the potential to be very good, but this isn't anything new. Playing in co-op teams online isn't new.
                            very true, i had a temporary moment of insanity and forgot about rainbow six, however, I think if they do it right, they could truly take team play to the next level where you get to use both modern weapons of warfare combined with Zats and other weapons of choice. OHHH, maybe we'll get to use those nifty sling-shot devises from that one episode on Atlantis. Like you get disoriented, find yourself in a holding cell on a gould prison camp and you are forced to build one to escape.... won't happen, but it could make a decent puzzle.

Comment

very true, i had a temporary moment of insanity and forgot about rainbow six, however, I think if they do it right, they could truly take team play to the next level where you get to use both modern weapons of warfare combined with Zats and other weapons of choice. OHHH, maybe we'll get to use those nifty sling-shot devises from that one episode on Atlantis. Like you get disoriented, find yourself in a holding cell on a gould prison camp and you are forced to build one to escape.... won't happen, but it could make a decent puzzle.
                              We can only hope!

Comment

Working...
                              X